HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Fire Bowman Part III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-03-2013, 05:38 PM
  #851
Kane At Mifflin
Registered User
 
Kane At Mifflin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
I think there will be a ton more activity around the draft than there was at the trade deadline. I mean....we would have shot Bowman if he has given what was given for Pomminville.
That's the thing, people complain to complain. Oduya came here in a deal and the Hawks record has been the best in the NHL since. People hate the trade. So what type of player does Bowman need to acquire before people don't whine? Frankly, I think the end point is never. Just the other day I was venting my frustration with a Rangers fan about the Hawks recent play and he quickly put it in perspective "Dude, you have the best core in hockey and the best record in the league, stop whining, I'd die to have Toews and Kane on my team"

Kane At Mifflin is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 05:42 PM
  #852
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 24,778
vCash: 10592
No, I think it is insane to want roster moves even if they get swept in the first round, not to anyone in top 6 or top 4, no ****ing way. We have a lot of excellent players. The ones we have are not the problem (DB, Hammer, TKK, Seabs, Sharp, Hossa, Saad, BB and Vik (if can be resigned), Leddy, Kruger, Shaw). If JO plays well, he stays. I'll leave it open for Crow. The goaltending has been an issue until we see better in the playoffs. That's the only logical possibility I really see. We have 90 percent of everything need locked in.

coldsteelonice84 is online now  
Old
04-03-2013, 05:43 PM
  #853
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 21,422
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I think most GM's would rather take over a team with no expectations and try to build a winner, than take over a team where you've won the Stanley Cup, and now need to idecide which players to keep, which to trade, while effectively having to trade half the roster regarless and then rebuild your team in short order because most of the "fans" of your team don't realize how many quality players you had to give up, how little cap space you have to add players, and how barren the prospect pool was.
You can't honestly believe people would rather take over the 06 Hawks as opposed to the 2010 Hawks?

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 05:46 PM
  #854
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 24,778
vCash: 10592
Yeah, that is just Bowman's Gate straight to the bone.

coldsteelonice84 is online now  
Old
04-03-2013, 05:46 PM
  #855
Tone King
Atomic Punk
 
Tone King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Uranus
Country: United States
Posts: 8,543
vCash: 50
The only way s up then. So yeah....I believe it.

Tone King is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 05:53 PM
  #856
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
No, I think it is insane to want roster moves even if they get swept in the first round, not to anyone in top 6 or top 4, no ****ing way. We have a lot of excellent players. The ones we have are not the problem (DB, Hammer, TKK, Seabs, Sharp, Hossa, Saad, BB and Vik (if can be resigned), Leddy, Kruger, Shaw). If JO plays well, he stays. I'll leave it open for Crow. The goaltending has been an issue until we see better in the playoffs. That's the only logical possibility I really see. We have 90 percent of everything need locked in.
The top 6 last year, and the goalie were the only reasons we lost. Depth players will not be the reason this team will fail. The top 6 wasn't crap because they didn't have a 2nd line C, they had a ton of opportunities.

This team will win if the star players score goals, the goalies make the saves, and the coaching makes the right adjustments. We wonkt lose because we didn't acquire Derek Roy.

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 05:54 PM
  #857
McDooRoo
Registered User
 
McDooRoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wyoming
Country: United States
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
I will say it again if we traded for Malkin people would find a reason ***** and whine about it.

McDooRoo is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 05:57 PM
  #858
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 24,778
vCash: 10592
You can't possibly know that. We are weaker without him and will see what happens, plain and simple. I obviously like the team a lot and just want the key finishing piece. Trading those top guys, any of them, if they suck in the playoffs is not something I endorse at all.

coldsteelonice84 is online now  
Old
04-03-2013, 05:59 PM
  #859
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 24,778
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDooRoo View Post
I will say it again if we traded for Malkin people would find a reason ***** and whine about it.
We don't trade for anyone significant, how can you say that? Most of us unhappy with Bowman have said so often how we would praise him were he to add a 2C.

coldsteelonice84 is online now  
Old
04-03-2013, 06:01 PM
  #860
Ace Rothstein
Aces High
 
Ace Rothstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 3,041
vCash: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDooRoo View Post
I will say it again if we traded for Malkin people would find a reason ***** and whine about it.
I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there.

Ace Rothstein is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 06:01 PM
  #861
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
The top 6 last year, and the goalie were the only reasons we lost. Depth players will not be the reason this team will fail. The top 6 wasn't crap because they didn't have a 2nd line C, they had a ton of opportunities.

This team will win if the star players score goals, the goalies make the saves, and the coaching makes the right adjustments. We wonkt lose because we didn't acquire Derek Roy.
agreed 100%

list our top players: Kane, Keith, Seabs, Hossa, Bolland, Sharp, Toews, Stalberg, Saad, Leddy, etc.. how many other teams can boast that kind of talent in their top 6-9 and top 4 dmen?? if these guys are playing like they are capable of playing, we shouldnt run into any real challenges until the quarter finals...

and if our goaltending plays anything like it has this year in the playoffs, the name Derek Roy wont mean crap-o-la when its all said and done.

if we lose, its because our top players didnt play their best every night like last year.

AmericanDream is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 06:14 PM
  #862
McDooRoo
Registered User
 
McDooRoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wyoming
Country: United States
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
We don't trade for anyone significant, how can you say that? Most of us unhappy with Bowman have said so often how we would praise him were he to add a 2C.
We don't need to trade for anybody significant because this team is number one in the NHL and will be golden come playoff time. I would've liked a 2C, but we didnt get one and I'm ok with that.

Like I said before I am neither for or against Bowman, but I'm not for firing the guy just because he doesn't make every Hawk fan in the world gleam with warm and fuzziness.

McDooRoo is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 06:15 PM
  #863
ndgt10
Registered User
 
ndgt10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Poland
Country: United States
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 500
I'd say you are insane if you think this team wins the Cup with Crawford or Emery.

ndgt10 is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 06:16 PM
  #864
McDooRoo
Registered User
 
McDooRoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wyoming
Country: United States
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there.
I assumed most would disagree with me, but the fact still remains that we have the number one team in the NHL and will be hooked up come playoff time and people are seriously whining and *****ing and wanting to fire the GM because he doesn't do what they think he needs to. These same people would find a reason to complain about a Malkin deal I know it as does everybody else that isn't calling for Bowman's head

McDooRoo is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 06:17 PM
  #865
McDooRoo
Registered User
 
McDooRoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wyoming
Country: United States
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
I'd say you are insane if you think this team wins the Cup with Crawford or Emery.
How many games have we won with these scrub goalies?

McDooRoo is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 06:19 PM
  #866
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 24,778
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
I'd say you are insane if you think this team wins the Cup with Crawford or Emery.
That may be. I wanted someone better than Emery just in case but how can you argue when the team is winning so much. Still, it is a concern in all of our minds and has been for a very long time.

coldsteelonice84 is online now  
Old
04-03-2013, 06:21 PM
  #867
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
You can't honestly believe people would rather take over the 06 Hawks as opposed to the 2010 Hawks?
I know from my perspective, seeing how it's played out, that I would.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 06:23 PM
  #868
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDooRoo View Post
I will say it again if we traded for Malkin people would find a reason ***** and whine about it.

Sir Psycho T is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 06:28 PM
  #869
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
They're finding ways to ***** and complain while the team they "root" for, sits atop the NHL standings and sits comfortably atop their division.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 06:30 PM
  #870
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
They're finding ways to ***** and complain while the team they "root" for, sits atop the NHL standings and sits comfortably atop their division.
There is a difference between not being sold on a team based on the regular season and complaining about adding one of the 5 best players in the NHL.

Sir Psycho T is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 06:36 PM
  #871
McDooRoo
Registered User
 
McDooRoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wyoming
Country: United States
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
There is a difference between not being sold on a team based on the regular season and complaining about adding one of the 5 best players in the NHL.
I obviously as being sarcastic Wow!!

McDooRoo is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 06:38 PM
  #872
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
There is a difference between not being sold on a team based on the regular season and complaining about adding one of the 5 best players in the NHL.
There's a difference between not being sold on a team and acting like a completely irrational person.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 06:43 PM
  #873
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 24,778
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
There's a difference between not being sold on a team and acting like a completely irrational person.
And there's an even bigger difference between being "called" an irrational person and irrationally chastising someone for having a difference of opinion on a key issue.

coldsteelonice84 is online now  
Old
04-03-2013, 06:47 PM
  #874
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
And there's an even bigger difference between being "called" an irrational person and irrationally chastising someone for having a difference of opinion on a key issue.
Shall we go through your posts from yesterday? Again, what's rational about wanting to fire a GM when the team he runs sits atop the league? What's the rationale?

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 06:50 PM
  #875
McDooRoo
Registered User
 
McDooRoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wyoming
Country: United States
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
And there's an even bigger difference between being "called" an irrational person and irrationally chastising someone for having a difference of opinion on a key issue.
There is, but in the case of this thread the people that say Bowman should be fired are being WAY irrational. There's a difference between wanting the team to make a move to fill a hole that people say we really have and jumping off the cliff wanting the GM fired of the number one team in the NHL.

McDooRoo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.