HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Fire Bowman Part III

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Kane At Mifflin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
I think there will be a ton more activity around the draft than there was at the trade deadline. I mean....we would have shot Bowman if he has given what was given for Pomminville.
That's the thing, people complain to complain. Oduya came here in a deal and the Hawks record has been the best in the NHL since. People hate the trade. So what type of player does Bowman need to acquire before people don't whine? Frankly, I think the end point is never. Just the other day I was venting my frustration with a Rangers fan about the Hawks recent play and he quickly put it in perspective "Dude, you have the best core in hockey and the best record in the league, stop whining, I'd die to have Toews and Kane on my team"

Old
04-03-2013, 05:42 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
No, I think it is insane to want roster moves even if they get swept in the first round, not to anyone in top 6 or top 4, no ****ing way. We have a lot of excellent players. The ones we have are not the problem (DB, Hammer, TKK, Seabs, Sharp, Hossa, Saad, BB and Vik (if can be resigned), Leddy, Kruger, Shaw). If JO plays well, he stays. I'll leave it open for Crow. The goaltending has been an issue until we see better in the playoffs. That's the only logical possibility I really see. We have 90 percent of everything need locked in.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:43 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I think most GM's would rather take over a team with no expectations and try to build a winner, than take over a team where you've won the Stanley Cup, and now need to idecide which players to keep, which to trade, while effectively having to trade half the roster regarless and then rebuild your team in short order because most of the "fans" of your team don't realize how many quality players you had to give up, how little cap space you have to add players, and how barren the prospect pool was.
You can't honestly believe people would rather take over the 06 Hawks as opposed to the 2010 Hawks?

Old
04-03-2013, 05:46 PM
coldsteelonice84

Yeah, that is just Bowman's Gate straight to the bone.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

vCash: 50
The only way s up then. So yeah....I believe it.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:53 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
No, I think it is insane to want roster moves even if they get swept in the first round, not to anyone in top 6 or top 4, no ****ing way. We have a lot of excellent players. The ones we have are not the problem (DB, Hammer, TKK, Seabs, Sharp, Hossa, Saad, BB and Vik (if can be resigned), Leddy, Kruger, Shaw). If JO plays well, he stays. I'll leave it open for Crow. The goaltending has been an issue until we see better in the playoffs. That's the only logical possibility I really see. We have 90 percent of everything need locked in.
The top 6 last year, and the goalie were the only reasons we lost. Depth players will not be the reason this team will fail. The top 6 wasn't crap because they didn't have a 2nd line C, they had a ton of opportunities.

This team will win if the star players score goals, the goalies make the saves, and the coaching makes the right adjustments. We wonkt lose because we didn't acquire Derek Roy.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:54 PM
McDooRoo

I will say it again if we traded for Malkin people would find a reason ***** and whine about it.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:57 PM
coldsteelonice84

You can't possibly know that. We are weaker without him and will see what happens, plain and simple. I obviously like the team a lot and just want the key finishing piece. Trading those top guys, any of them, if they suck in the playoffs is not something I endorse at all.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:59 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDooRoo View Post
I will say it again if we traded for Malkin people would find a reason ***** and whine about it.
We don't trade for anyone significant, how can you say that? Most of us unhappy with Bowman have said so often how we would praise him were he to add a 2C.

Old
04-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

vCash: 547
Quote:
I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there.

Old
04-03-2013, 06:01 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
The top 6 last year, and the goalie were the only reasons we lost. Depth players will not be the reason this team will fail. The top 6 wasn't crap because they didn't have a 2nd line C, they had a ton of opportunities.

This team will win if the star players score goals, the goalies make the saves, and the coaching makes the right adjustments. We wonkt lose because we didn't acquire Derek Roy.
agreed 100%

list our top players: Kane, Keith, Seabs, Hossa, Bolland, Sharp, Toews, Stalberg, Saad, Leddy, etc.. how many other teams can boast that kind of talent in their top 6-9 and top 4 dmen?? if these guys are playing like they are capable of playing, we shouldnt run into any real challenges until the quarter finals...

and if our goaltending plays anything like it has this year in the playoffs, the name Derek Roy wont mean crap-o-la when its all said and done.

if we lose, its because our top players didnt play their best every night like last year.

Old
04-03-2013, 06:14 PM
McDooRoo

Quote:
We don't trade for anyone significant, how can you say that? Most of us unhappy with Bowman have said so often how we would praise him were he to add a 2C.
We don't need to trade for anybody significant because this team is number one in the NHL and will be golden come playoff time. I would've liked a 2C, but we didnt get one and I'm ok with that.

Like I said before I am neither for or against Bowman, but I'm not for firing the guy just because he doesn't make every Hawk fan in the world gleam with warm and fuzziness.

Old
04-03-2013, 06:15 PM
ndgt10

I'd say you are insane if you think this team wins the Cup with Crawford or Emery.

Old
04-03-2013, 06:16 PM
McDooRoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there.
I assumed most would disagree with me, but the fact still remains that we have the number one team in the NHL and will be hooked up come playoff time and people are seriously whining and *****ing and wanting to fire the GM because he doesn't do what they think he needs to. These same people would find a reason to complain about a Malkin deal I know it as does everybody else that isn't calling for Bowman's head

Old
04-03-2013, 06:17 PM
McDooRoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
I'd say you are insane if you think this team wins the Cup with Crawford or Emery.
How many games have we won with these scrub goalies?

Old
04-03-2013, 06:19 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
That may be. I wanted someone better than Emery just in case but how can you argue when the team is winning so much. Still, it is a concern in all of our minds and has been for a very long time.

Old
04-03-2013, 06:21 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
You can't honestly believe people would rather take over the 06 Hawks as opposed to the 2010 Hawks?
I know from my perspective, seeing how it's played out, that I would.

Old
04-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:

Old
04-03-2013, 06:28 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
They're finding ways to ***** and complain while the team they "root" for, sits atop the NHL standings and sits comfortably atop their division.

Old
04-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
They're finding ways to ***** and complain while the team they "root" for, sits atop the NHL standings and sits comfortably atop their division.
There is a difference between not being sold on a team based on the regular season and complaining about adding one of the 5 best players in the NHL.

Old
04-03-2013, 06:36 PM
McDooRoo

Quote:
There is a difference between not being sold on a team based on the regular season and complaining about adding one of the 5 best players in the NHL.
I obviously as being sarcastic Wow!!

Old
04-03-2013, 06:38 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
There's a difference between not being sold on a team and acting like a completely irrational person.

Old
04-03-2013, 06:43 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
There's a difference between not being sold on a team and acting like a completely irrational person.
And there's an even bigger difference between being "called" an irrational person and irrationally chastising someone for having a difference of opinion on a key issue.

Old
04-03-2013, 06:47 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
And there's an even bigger difference between being "called" an irrational person and irrationally chastising someone for having a difference of opinion on a key issue.
Shall we go through your posts from yesterday? Again, what's rational about wanting to fire a GM when the team he runs sits atop the league? What's the rationale?

Old
04-03-2013, 06:50 PM
McDooRoo

Quote:
There is, but in the case of this thread the people that say Bowman should be fired are being WAY irrational. There's a difference between wanting the team to make a move to fill a hole that people say we really have and jumping off the cliff wanting the GM fired of the number one team in the NHL.

Closed Thread