HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Bowman Part III

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2013, 09:22 AM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

vCash: 500
You want an overhaul? Well that's why you're posting here and Bowman gets to call the shots.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:27 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
You want an overhaul? Well that's why you're posting here and Bowman gets to call the shots.
Just an overhaul of Stan, Q and the players Stan brought in through trades/free agency. Those are the three areas that need to be improved. I'd consider than an overhaul. Scotty got his son a job, that's why he is there. I want a GM, not some guy in a suit who has no idea what's going on and is looked down upon by his peers.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:37 AM
coldsteelonice84

There is an interview out there with Scotty Bowman. After college, Stan decided that he wanted to be an NHL GM. He approached Scotty about it. Scotty said, is this really what you want to do? Stan said yes.

And that was his job interview because from there on out, Scotty just greased people to get him the rest of the way there.

You really think an NHL team would hire an accountant with no ties to anyone or the game?

Old
05-24-2013, 09:42 AM
Cullksinikers

Did Stan Bowman tell the head coach to give Rozsival 20 minutes and Leddy and Seabrook that combined? No, that was Q. This is on the head coach. Sorry. Stan let Q go get his guy to fix the power play, and his guy is terrible at his "specialty."

Old
05-24-2013, 09:43 AM
Cullksinikers

If only Scotty would coach this team. That'd be the greatest thing.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:46 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
There is an interview out there with Scotty Bowman. After college, Stan decided that he wanted to be an NHL GM. He approached Scotty about it. Scotty said, is this really what you want to do? Stan said yes.

And that was his job interview because from there on out, Scotty just greased people to get him the rest of the way there.

You really think an NHL team would hire an accountant with no ties to anyone or the game?
The team's problems are not Bowman's fault...they are the fault of the players for under performing and the coaching staff.

Old
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

Stan probably deserves a chance to hire his own head coach. If he doesn't have the power to fire Q as some have suggested in the past then this organization has some major problems.

For as good as Stan's drafts have been, I'm not sure if he knows how to build a team.

Old
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
If only Scotty would coach this team. That'd be the greatest thing.
Yeah, for sure, and it comes with Stan sticking around as far as I am concerned.

And at the people pinning it on Q, i agree with you. No upper management should survive this.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:48 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Yeah, for sure, and it comes with Stan sticking around as far as I am concerned.

And at the people pinning it on Q, i agree with you. No upper management should survive this.
They will not fire Bowman until he has picked his own coach and then failed again. That's the way these things work.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Cullksinikers

Quote:

This is called underachieving. When a team underachieves, there are roster moves and inadequate coaches that lose their coaching responsibilities when a choke like this happens.

It's obviously the coaching. Why should a team with Keith, Seabrook, Leddy, Toews, Kane, Sharp, and Hossa have one playoff round win in the last three seasons? Q has no idea how to prepare in the playoffs. I almost feel like the 2010 team was almost so good that you would have had to go out of your way as a head coach to not have that team have ridiculous success.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:51 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
They will not fire Bowman until he has picked his own coach and then failed again. That's the way these things work.
Oh, I get it, like how after last year, Q got to hire another one of his friends first, to turn things around, which didn't work, and now his head rolls.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:53 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
This is called underachieving. When a team underachieves, there are roster moves and inadequate coaches that lose their coaching responsibilities when a choke like this happens.

It's obviously the coaching. Why should a team with Keith, Seabrook, Leddy, Toews, Kane, Sharp, and Hossa have one playoff round win in the last three seasons? Q has no idea how to prepare in the playoffs. I almost feel like the 2010 team was almost so good that you would have had to go out of your way as a head coach to not have that team have ridiculous success.
I agree with you, a great coach maybe could make this work, a guy like Bowman or Babcock. Well, we aren't going to find that guy, so we have to build a more well rounded team in addtion to bringing in a new coach. Lastly, if we bring in someone else, they aren't going to want the team to be built like this anyway.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:54 AM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
I agree with you, a great coach maybe could make this work, a guy like Bowman or Babcock. Well, we aren't going to find that guy, so we have to build a more well rounded team in addtion to bringing in a new coach. Lastly, if we bring in someone else, they aren't going to want the team to be built like this anyway.
I think we should take a chance on an up-and-coming coach like a Dallas Eakins.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:57 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Oh, I get it, like how after last year, Q got to hire another one of his friends first, to turn things around, which didn't work, and now his head rolls.
Yeah, pretty much

Quote:
Eakins might be good...he's good at coaching young players and big on accountability...something this team desperately needs.

Old
05-24-2013, 10:02 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Open to anything, just looked up Babcock. It looks like he only has 1 year left on his deal. Maybe we could poach him. Just pay him like 3M more than the next highest guy and give him input on front office stuff too, like what Colorado just did with Roy.

Old
05-24-2013, 10:05 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Eakins might be good...he's good at coaching young players and big on accountability...something this team desperately needs.
I know pretty much nothing about Eakins' system's style or effectiveness, but assuming his coaching philosophy preaches hard work as much as his Twitter account does, I'd be okay with giving him a chance.

Old
05-24-2013, 10:14 AM
coldsteelonice84

I definitely want a ball buster, no more club med.

Old
05-24-2013, 10:20 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Quote:
Open to anything, just looked up Babcock. It looks like he only has 1 year left on his deal. Maybe we could poach him. Just pay him like 3M more than the next highest guy and give him input on front office stuff too, like what Colorado just did with Roy.
Roy is going to be a colossal failure. Let's not try to emulate anything that organization does.

Old
05-24-2013, 12:06 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

this again

for the 1000th time, Bowman did his job.

Old
05-24-2013, 12:10 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Do you trust Stan to make those trades and pick the right coach? Do you even think he would do any of those things?
Yes, I trust Stan to make the right deal, the trades he has made have worked out pretty well. (Handzus was a good trade, just used incorrectly by Q, Oduya was a great trade, Barker for Leddy was a great trade)

Do I think he will do them? I am more inclined to think he will after another let down of a season. I don't think he is dumb enough to keep the same players for another year. Will he have an opportunity to do it? Who knows, we don't know if any other GM is even interested in some of our players that we would be willing to trade.

I really don't think the players Stan has brought in are the issue. It's the core players and coaching that needs a shake up.

Old
05-24-2013, 12:13 PM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
this again

for the 1000th time, Bowman did his job.
That's highly debatable. Why should Stan get a pass?

Old
05-24-2013, 12:14 PM
coldsteelonice84

I look at it this way with what Stan did building around the core. We got a Porshe, a nice performance car you have to be happy to have. Problem is, we live in Alaska. Should have considered a truck.

Old
05-24-2013, 12:15 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
That's highly debatable. Why should Stan get a pass?
I don't think he should get a pass, but he shouldn't lose his job. He gave Q lots to work with and Q ****ed it up. There is no denying that.

Him getting a 2nd line C (like a Derek Roy) wouldn't have changed a god damn thing.

Old
05-24-2013, 12:15 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

the talent on the roster is not a problem, we are in good shape Cap wise and have one of the better prospect pools in the league. He did his job.

Old
05-24-2013, 12:24 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

This thread being bumped up is x 100000000000000000000000

The team Bowman assembled went 36-7-5 in the regular season. The team isn't the problem. Oh, and guess who bumped it? Again, x 100000000000000000000

Closed Thread