HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[DAL/BOS] Jaromir Jagr to Boston for Lane MacDermid, Cody Payne, conditional 2nd

Old
04-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
So who get's demoted, Lucic, Seguin, Horton or Marchand? I'm guessing Krejci with Jagr, so Horton is on the 3rd now.

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Syckle78

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkinMI View Post
No, I'm saying I really really really don't want that to happen, not that it's impossible.
Ah, okay. Misunderstood your meaning.

Syckle78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:18 PM
brian70

Jagr may be 41 but he still brings a lot and, with good chemistry, makes your center much better.

We've seen GMs being greedy for their rentals in the past and heard rumors of expectations about some of the returns so all things considered, both the Pens and the Bruins are making a run at the Cup for very little. Late 1st round picks in a deep draft may have value but any team in a position to go all the way would trade that for an element that could make them Champions today.

Great trades for both the Pens and the Bruins.

brian70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
chrisab123

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordie View Post
If Jagr was such a great pickup today, why didn't Boston target him first instead of Iginla? Was Chiarelli asleep at the wheel??
Because he isn't a "dirt dog" a "grinder" but he is a much better offensive player than Iginla. Plus Jagr didn't get put on the block until today.

chrisab123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsanford View Post
It turns into a 1st, just not sure how far the Bruins need to get, I thought they had to win it all but some are saying just need to get to the conference finals for it to turn into a 1st. If that is the case the probability of it being a 1st is pretty high. For a 40+ year old player in a deep draft that is a pretty good return.
Bob Mackenzie said it becomes a 1st if the team makes the conference finals.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Halberstram View Post
Yeah. . .

No.
Kind of funny how Boston went for Iginla first and offered more for him then, right?

Look, I like Jagr. I would have welcomed him on the Pens as a backup option. But do not make him into something he is not.

I have watched Jagr play. The wheels are gone to a great extent, but his shot is still there. He is a sniper you can set up around the offensive end and count on him still to get you maybe 25 goals a year. But he coasts a lot out there, and wears down during the year so by the time of the playoffs that goal scoring is down as well. Iginla on the other hand still will get you your goals, but will bring you something even when he does not have the puck. If you keep Jagr protected in that one role, Jagr can be very effective. But anyone who would take Jagr over Iginla right now is crazy. Iginla may have a couple less goals on the year but that does not mean that he does not have the scoring a Jagr does over the course of a year. I would bet more scoring once he finally plays with a center like Crosby or Malkin, something he has never had in his entire career. And like I said he brings so much more than just scoring to boot. The fact that jagr is a pure rental and it seems like Iginla will not be is just gravy.

I think that it is a good pickup. But people are losing their heads if they are saying Jagr >>>>>> Iginla at this point in their careers. Jagr brings one thing to the table. Iginla is not the player he was 5 years ago, but he is much more the complete package.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:28 PM
svat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordie View Post
Boston has mediocre goaltending and very little offense even with the dressing room distration added today. Just remember no matter how much you hold your breath a create a tantrum Game 7 in 2009 can't be changed.
rask is easily a better goalie than both the pens goalies.

svat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:30 PM
MarchandNoseBest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
I think that it is a good pickup. But people are losing their heads if they are saying Jagr >>>>>> Iginla at this point in their careers. Jagr brings one thing to the table. Iginla is not the player he was 5 years ago, but he is much more the complete package.
I'm with you on Iginla > Jagr for the reasons you mentioned, but you are underrating Jagr by saying all he has is his shot. The guy is a very good play maker as well and a bull to take off the puck. He's still an offensive force in several ways, but no question he's not the overall package Iginla is.

MarchandNoseBest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:33 PM
svat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidFire View Post
Bruins wont make it to the ECF
yeah its always a good bet to go against the best possession team in the conference making it to the ECF.

do you and that makiavelli poster have some sort of support group for obsessing over the bruins?

svat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchandNoseBest View Post
I'm with you on Iginla > Jagr for the reasons you mentioned, but you are underrating Jagr by saying all he has is his shot. The guy is a very good play maker as well and a bull to take off the puck. He's still an offensive force in several ways, but no question he's not the overall package Iginla is.
I agree with you regarding his playmaking and strength. As I said he is a good pickup, and will help you guys. I would have loved him as a backup plan for the Pens. Just am trying to keep keep a bit of reality here regarding the guy. He is at this stage a great complimentary piece.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:38 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchandNoseBest View Post
Honestly at this point, I think he's a playmaker more than a sniper. He still has his shot, but without the speed to get into position, he'll relay more on his linemates than he needed to in the past.

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:39 PM
helgo

Jagr and Benn didn't really click together that much, that plus fact, that Eriksson is having kinda a down year and i actually think, that Jagr could do even better with more creative C in Krejci.

helgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Zdeno33Lucic

vCash: 4114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
So who get's demoted, Lucic, Seguin, Horton or Marchand? I'm guessing Krejci with Jagr, so Horton is on the 3rd now.
Either looch or horts

Lucic-Krejci-Jagr
Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Peverley-Kelly-Horton
Thornton-Campbell-Paille

Zdeno33Lucic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Puckgenius*

Looking forward to a Boston and Pits ECF.

Jarome will be booed in Beantown, Jagr booed in Pits haha.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonphoenix View Post
You probably made the stupidest comment I have ever read in a comparison of goalies. What exactly does this Game 7 tantrum have to do with any bit of a goalie quality comparison?

Do you know you're wrong and are grasping at anything to make yourself seem half-way intelligent?

I'm sorry but you failed. You simply come across as foolish.

I gladly take Rask/Kduboin over Fluery/Vancoun.
#1) Its Vokoun not Vancoun. This makes it very hard to take your argument seriously.
#2) No one denies that Rask is a better goaltender compared to MAF. But The addition of vokoun as a backup IMHO, leads me to believe that they would be a stronger TANDEM for a playoff run then rask/K. Especially with the control issues rask has regarding his emotions.

Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:44 PM
aemoreira1981

I know Jagr is 41, but I'm surprised that this is all that Dallas could get for him; I see Jagr playing one more season easily---like former teammate Ray Whitney, he seems to have caught a second wind and is not nearly finished yet (unless he wants to be), since he has played most of his NHL hockey in the bruising Eastern Conference.

aemoreira1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:45 PM
Puckgenius*

If its true that CHI is making a push for MSL then look at these lines. All the contenders are loading up and its now the hawks time.

Saad-Toews-Kane
Hossa-Sharp-MSL
Stalberg-Bolland-Bickell
Shaw-Handzus-Frolik

Old
04-02-2013, 04:48 PM
FTOREKBENCHTOSS

:lol I really hope for a bruins pens ECf. But let all us remember this is the NHL not the nba for all we know Ottawa could win the whole thing.

FTOREKBENCHTOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Puckgenius*

^ well if the Hawks add MSL then they are up there with Pits for cup favourites.

Old
04-02-2013, 04:51 PM
FTOREKBENCHTOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneColdFlower View Post
Blowston and Detoilet fans are struggling to come to grips with the fact that 2013 will be the Year of the Penguin. The Dead Wings won't even make the playoffs this year. The Baby Bears and the Cack Hawks are going to be reliving 1992.

Our defense and goaltending are so hopeless that we've nearly allowed a goal per game in our past 10 games and have gone a mere 10 periods without allowing a goal. We're going to be swept in the 1st round because of how useless we are in our own end.
Have you ever paid attention the last couple years? No team is a lock to win and Detroit is always dangerous. The year of the pen could come to an end pretty quick with an untimely injury so maybe you should hold off on the chest thumping

FTOREKBENCHTOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:53 PM
CamTheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
If its true that CHI is making a push for MSL then look at these lines. All the contenders are loading up and its now the hawks time.

Saad-Toews-Kane
Hossa-Sharp-MSL
Stalberg-Bolland-Bickell
Shaw-Handzus-Frolik
If that happens......Chicago will be more unstoppable than they already are. Scary.

CamTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:54 PM
source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie27Seguin19 View Post
Either looch or horts

Lucic-Krejci-Jagr
Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Peverley-Kelly-Horton
Thornton-Campbell-Paille
This is pretty much the 2011 lineup eh? Except Jagr in for Recchi.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Marcus Halberstram*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Kind of funny how Boston went for Iginla first and offered more for him then, right?

Look, I like Jagr. I would have welcomed him on the Pens as a backup option. But do not make him into something he is not.

I have watched Jagr play. The wheels are gone to a great extent, but his shot is still there. He is a sniper you can set up around the offensive end and count on him still to get you maybe 25 goals a year. But he coasts a lot out there, and wears down during the year so by the time of the playoffs that goal scoring is down as well. Iginla on the other hand still will get you your goals, but will bring you something even when he does not have the puck. If you keep Jagr protected in that one role, Jagr can be very effective. But anyone who would take Jagr over Iginla right now is crazy. Iginla may have a couple less goals on the year but that does not mean that he does not have the scoring a Jagr does over the course of a year. I would bet more scoring once he finally plays with a center like Crosby or Malkin, something he has never had in his entire career. And like I said he brings so much more than just scoring to boot. The fact that jagr is a pure rental and it seems like Iginla will not be is just gravy.

You've clearly confused me with another poster, being that I agree with your sentiments 100%.

Last edited by Marcus Halberstram*: 04-02-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Marcus Halberstram* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:59 PM
LuongosTirePump

MSL? Are you kidding me?

LuongosTirePump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Marcus Halberstram*

Quote:
Originally Posted by svat View Post
rask is easily a better goalie than both the pens goalies.
He's also a proven playoff dynamo, and we all know the pressure on players come playoff time goes down. B's will coast to the Finals.

Marcus Halberstram* is offline   Reply With Quote