HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roller Hockey in VA/DC

Old
01-26-2009, 09:53 AM
Manbearpig48

vCash: 500
Roller Hockey in VA/DC

Anybody on the board play in any Leagues around DC? Dulles, Seminary, Whitehouse.... I'm not looking for a team or anything just thought I'd see if anyone plays....

Manbearpig48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 10:05 AM
bladoww
Team of the Future

I haven't played in the DC area in a few years. But I used to frequent the Fairfax Sportsplex, the rink was outdoors and I don't think they have it anymore. There's also a place in Chantilly that I think is still around. Usually when I play roller it's down in Fredericksburg at Slapshotz.

bladoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 10:12 AM
itsjustsurvival
The Revisionist

I also used to play at Slapshotz in Fredericksburg when I lived in Richmond.

Back in Virginia Beach now and only ever go up that way to play at the Ice Park with a good friend every now and then. Nothing like driving 3 hours to play pick up.

itsjustsurvival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 10:40 AM
Slappy

usually play pickup on the weekends in front of the white house. it's a good time.

Slappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 02:25 PM
BTD5504

i also played at slapshotz back during my youth days, also a lot of travel roller for the sabres out of slapshotz.

apparently they took the sport court out of it (the new owners, that is) and it's just concrete with some kind of coating over top. still do pickup hockey on tuesdays i believe too.

edit: i just realized i said "my youth days" like im 50 years old or something...i'm only 22 but i don't play as much anymore because of work. played in college for JMU's Roller Team the last 4 years too.

BTD5504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 03:04 PM
itsjustsurvival
The Revisionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTD5504 View Post
i also played at slapshotz back during my youth days, also a lot of travel roller for the sabres out of slapshotz.

apparently they took the sport court out of it (the new owners, that is) and it's just concrete with some kind of coating over top. still do pickup hockey on tuesdays i believe too.

edit: i just realized i said "my youth days" like im 50 years old or something...i'm only 22 but i don't play as much anymore because of work. played in college for JMU's Roller Team the last 4 years too.
Yeah, the sport court is gone. Still not too bad, eats up super soft wheels though.

Also 22, and have since switched to ice hockey only and play mainly in Chesapeake. Roller hockey died out of Virginia Beach several years ago, so the switch was pretty convenient in timing.

itsjustsurvival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Manbearpig48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy View Post
usually play pickup on the weekends in front of the white house. it's a good time.
That's where I usually play every weekend but I broke my ankle so I haven't been there in a couple....

Old
02-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Devil Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig48 View Post
That's where I usually play every weekend but I broke my ankle so I haven't been there in a couple....
There are some serious D-bags in that game. It's a great setting, but the combination of no boards, the fact that they use a ball rather than a puck, and some of the S heads involved --> I don't play there much anymore.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 04:18 PM
MDHockey

Send a message via Yahoo to MDHockey
I play roller hockey, but I play in leagues around Baltimore

MDHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:00 AM
JDogg1884

What league near Baltimore?

JDogg1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Manbearpig48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
There are some serious D-bags in that game. It's a great setting, but the combination of no boards, the fact that they use a ball rather than a puck, and some of the S heads involved --> I don't play there much anymore.
Really? I think its great. I've been going down for about a year and everyone is pretty friendly. I dont know many places that play street hockey with a puck.

Old
02-24-2009, 11:31 PM
MDHockey

Send a message via Yahoo to MDHockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDogg1884 View Post
What league near Baltimore?
I play roller hockey @ Freestate in White Marsh

MDHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Caps8112

Capital Clubhouse- Waldorf MD. pickup on fri nights and sun mornings.
The Box- Chantilly Va. dont know times and just recently heard they might not be doing
well
The Drill Hall- Leonardtown Md. Smaller rink but consistently has a league that is
somewhat competitive for the average skater.
Slapshotz- Fredericksburg. I know its been mentioned. Last I checked it was coed sun
nights
Gardens Ice House- Laurel Md. Best competition if they still run it the way when I played
there. (summer only I believe)
Paxs (spelling) Base- St Marys County. I know the guys on base play somewhere not
sure if its a league anymore.
Skate Nation- Dale City Va. Used to have roller leagues. havent kept up with

Sportsplex- Winchester Va. where I currently play cause of location. Most organized
tourneys, leagues and pickup

Cant think of anywhere else right now. but GMu, JMU and VT all have roller teams and have to play somewhere.

Hope this helps

Caps8112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 02:02 PM
bostonbruins757

Hey all new here I live in vb and am currently working on putting together a small friendly competitive street hockey league in vb if anyone is interested the facebook group is "virginia beach street hockey" all are welcome invite your friends !

bostonbruins757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 10:45 AM
BobRouse

Up in NOVA I played in Sportsplex, Philbons (who then moved to Chantilly), the Laurel Ice Gardens (in summer they put down an ice court on one of their rinks), a couple outdoor leagues (run by the guy who did MLRH) and then played in Fredricksburg for many years before they gave it up practically.

Played at Shooters in Richmond here for a few years too.

The only one I never played in was Dulles I think. Did many tournaments in FreeState (Whitemarsh) before that ******* Chris Rallo pulled off a huge heist.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote