HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official Trade Deadline Thread (4/2: Jagr to BOS; McBain a healthy scratch)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2013, 06:25 PM
  #751
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.
 
SwedishBullet62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,723
vCash: 500
8th best faceoff percentage in the league > cap space

SwedishBullet62 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:25 PM
  #752
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
They could theoretically trade for a center though. Boyle, prospect, pick for an upgrade at 3C.
How many good centers are available?

Look what Handzus fetched, for ****s sake.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:26 PM
  #753
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Scouting report on McBain please
Has size and good pair of wheels. Against the Rangers, Hagelin was on a semi breakaway and he stayed with him stride for stride to break it up.
Has lot of offensive ability, good vision and decent shot from the point.
Needs to learn to use his size more.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:26 PM
  #754
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Gaborik ain't getting traded, he's part of the solution, not part of the problem.
For now. And he's absolutely been the problem this year, along with Richards.

He's also the solution, the best one we have.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:28 PM
  #755
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Has size and good pair of wheels. Against the Rangers, Hagelin was on a semi breakaway and he stayed with him stride for stride to break it up.
Has lot of offensive ability, good vision and decent shot from the point.
Needs to learn to use his size more.
Needs to work on coverage in his own zone too. I really want him. I think Torts and co. can get the best out of him. Reuniting with McDonagh (not on a pairing) can only help too.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:28 PM
  #756
Blueblood9
Registered User
 
Blueblood9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
ive read that multiple times. he still has potential.

do people forget that dmen tend to take longer to develop. at 25 McBain is technically on schedule.

Blueblood9 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:30 PM
  #757
owedoyle
Registered User
 
owedoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
Yeah. Whoever said this before hit the nail on the head: Gaborik's our "rental" for this season. He's as good as gone come the draft/July 1st.
I'll take the credit for that

owedoyle is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:30 PM
  #758
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblood9 View Post
ive read that multiple times. he still has potential.

do people forget that dmen tend to take longer to develop. at 25 McBain is technically on schedule.
Yes he is.

And no doubt he's an upgrade on Eminger, Hamrlik, or Gilroy. A big upgrade.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:30 PM
  #759
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 500
General consensus is Gabby traded at the draft Richie bought out next summer?

JohnC is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:30 PM
  #760
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
Needs to work on coverage in his own zone too. I really want him. I think Torts and co. can get the best out of him. Reuniting with McDonagh (not on a pairing) can only help too.
Agreed on all fronts.
And he is a right handed shot.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:31 PM
  #761
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
General consensus is Gabby traded at the draft Richie bought out next summer?
You got it.

I think Gaborik's good as gone.

Richards is not as clear. If he performs at a high level next season (which I think he's more than capable of doing), then management has a pretty tough call there.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:32 PM
  #762
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Agreed on all fronts.
And he is a right handed shot.
God knows we could use one.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:32 PM
  #763
Blueblood9
Registered User
 
Blueblood9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
Yes he is.

And no doubt he's an upgrade on Eminger, Hamrlik, or Gilroy. A big upgrade.
hands down hes better. he can still turn into a top 4. if we get him and staal comes back the rangers will have one of the best 1-6 dmen in the league.

Blueblood9 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:33 PM
  #764
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
For now. And he's absolutely been the problem this year
Gaborik hasn't been scoring as much as we all would like, but he's far from being 'the problem' when he has 9 goals, 10 assists, 19 pts this season.

Secondary scoring has been the biggest problem, THOSE guys haven't done A N Y T H I N G.

nevesis is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:33 PM
  #765
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
Richards is not as clear. If he performs at a high level next season (which I think he's more than capable of doing), then management has a pretty tough call there.
I can deal with that. I see everyone talking about how trading Richie without dumping off some of his contract could be catastrophic so I'm putting him in the amnesty category for now

JohnC is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:34 PM
  #766
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,418
vCash: 500
“@KatieStrangESPN: #NYR Trade call has been completed. Clowe is a New York Ranger”

nevesis is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:34 PM
  #767
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,310
vCash: 500
Recommended Ryane Clowe viewing: http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/1524

Keep this in mind the next time Lucic or Neil ****s with Henrik.

haohmaru is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:34 PM
  #768
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,472
vCash: 500
Asham has a $1M cap hit. Sending him to AHL clears $925,000. The Rangers still need to replace him in the line-up.

The Rangers and the agent Kent Hughes have agreed to parameters of a contract. The Rangers know how much money they need to clear. Give Clowe $4M. Re-sign McDonagh,Stepan and Hagelin. Try to find a combination which includes Gaborik. Fill out the roster. Leave room to operate the team. There isn't a combination.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:35 PM
  #769
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
I can deal with that. I see everyone talking about how trading Richie without dumping off some of his contract could be catastrophic so I'm putting him in the amnesty category for now
Yeah, he's either with us for the long haul or being bought out. Can't risk trading him with the new CBA rules about early retirements on the long term deals.

Personally I think he'll be fine; he's just having an off year. I'm fairly optimistic overall though. He can easily be a UFA come July 2014.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:36 PM
  #770
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Gaborik hasn't been scoring as much as we all would like, but he's far from being 'the problem' when he has 9 goals, 10 assists, 19 pts this season.

Secondary scoring has been the biggest problem, THOSE guys haven't done A N Y T H I N G.
2 goals in the last 22 games is a problem.

And I'm not sure of the actual stat, but I know his points have come in only an alarmingly small amount of games. He needs to be better. MUCH better.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:36 PM
  #771
Blueblood9
Registered User
 
Blueblood9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
“@KatieStrangESPN: #NYR Trade call has been completed. Clowe is a New York Ranger”
question is will he be in nyc tomorrow

Blueblood9 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:40 PM
  #772
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain
 
Ryan McDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Gaborik hasn't been scoring as much as we all would like, but he's far from being 'the problem' when he has 9 goals, 10 assists, 19 pts this season.

Secondary scoring has been the biggest problem, THOSE guys haven't done A N Y T H I N G.
$7.5 million for a guy with 3 goals in the last 25 games and he's not in the discussion for the biggest problem?

Ryan McDonut is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:40 PM
  #773
Vidic15
Registered User
 
Vidic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Romania
Posts: 1,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Asham has a $1M cap hit. Sending him to AHL clears $925,000. The Rangers still need to replace him in the line-up.

The Rangers and the agent Kent Hughes have agreed to parameters of a contract. The Rangers know how much money they need to clear. Give Clowe $4M. Re-sign McDonagh,Stepan and Hagelin. Try to find a combination which includes Gaborik. Fill out the roster. Leave room to operate the team. There isn't a combination.
So you're saying there is no combination with Gaborik staying on the team next year?

Vidic15 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:41 PM
  #774
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,982
vCash: 500
McBain doesn't have to be a top 4 defenseman here. He can be a 5/6 for us and develop his game. A very good 5/6. He can skate. He can keep up.

RGY is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 06:41 PM
  #775
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,532
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic15 View Post
So you're saying there is no combination with Gaborik staying on the team next year?
Yeah, that's what he's saying.

Gaborik is gone with this trade, at the draft. I'm 100% certain of it.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.