HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Borque Injured, Mueller Up

Old
04-02-2013, 12:37 PM
ESPN8THEOCHO

vCash: 500
Borque Injured, Mueller Up

Mueller is on his way to Nashville. Which makes it seem Borque going to be out at least a week. Probably with a concussion.

ESPN8THEOCHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:44 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Dah...I wish they'd bring up Watson. Guess they want him in Milwaukee for the playoff push.

Are you sure this isn't because of Fisher's "broken hand"

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:48 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Looks like Trotz lost all faith in Butler, just as he was starting to contribute.

04-02-2013, 04:22 PM
weeze

It is really hard to get a grip on Trotz and his player moves. To me, not a professional coach, it has looked like Boychuk, Butler, Beck, Bartley and even Mueller have played just as well (even better) as some of the other guys but seem not to be in Trotz favor. I thought Boychuk was very fast and played very well for the few games he was here. Seemed to be faster and better than a few of our current players (Spalling, Hali, Yip and Clune). Same with Butler and Mueller! Beck and Bartley seem to have also done very well since coming up.
I just don't get it. Can someone explain why he seems to not want some of these players on the team. Not every player can be a grinder! We HAVE to have some speed and quickness as well.

weeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Webersmashpuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
It is really hard to get a grip on Trotz and his player moves. To me, not a professional coach, it has looked like Boychuk, Butler, Beck, Bartley and even Mueller have played just as well (even better) as some of the other guys but seem not to be in Trotz favor. I thought Boychuk was very fast and played very well for the few games he was here. Seemed to be faster and better than a few of our current players (Spalling, Hali, Yip and Clune). Same with Butler and Mueller! Beck and Bartley seem to have also done very well since coming up.
I just don't get it. Can someone explain why he seems to not want some of these players on the team. Not every player can be a grinder! We HAVE to have some speed and quickness as well.
Beck and Bartley have done well and are playing large roles with the team so...
Boychuk was a lot of flash and nothing else, he was always falling and flailing. Butler did not look great but has gotten better recently, but I would not say he is better than any other forward right now, except maybe Craig Smith, but Butler is not a center. As for Mueller he is a grinder and Spaling is better. Yip and Clune bring toughness and Halischuk is always scratched for not performing. So I don't understand the Trotz hate in this situation.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:12 PM
jstreet
LETS GO PREDS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
Can someone explain why he seems to not want some of these players on the team. Not every player can be a grinder! We HAVE to have some speed and quickness as well.
Because an offensive game is high risk/high reward and Trotz is 100% unwilling to go there. He wants to win games 1-0.

That would be great if we were the defensive stalwart that we used to be, but you get 1 or 2 goals down (which has been happening 5 minutes into the game lately) and the rest of the night is toast. It has been hard to watch this season.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:43 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

It was easier to play a slower, grinding game when we had one more superstar level defenseman to ensure that mistakes didn't cost us.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:49 PM
ThirdManIn
Global Moderator
Aspiring Sinecure

Can we please post links confirming the information we are providing in transaction threads?

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=663574