HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXV

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2013, 10:44 PM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
These trade up/trade down proposals on every board on here are hilarious now. Cause NONE will come true.
I could see us trading with Florida if they win the lottery, no way Florida is going to trade with Tampa.

Moving down one spot for them won't be that big of a deal considering that they need high end offensive players more than defense.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:47 PM
avsfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I could see us trading with Florida if they win the lottery, no way Florida is going to trade with Tampa.

Moving down one spot for them won't be that big of a deal considering that they need high end offensive players more than defense.

their d has been horrible lately though, minimum like 4 goals against besides the last one vs TB.

although they may feel stung by the Jaybo enough to not draft a dman that high again and go with a forward.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:56 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
their d has been horrible lately though, minimum like 4 goals against besides the last one vs TB.

although they may feel stung by the Jaybo enough to not draft a dman that high again and go with a forward.
I think it's more about goal-tending and injuries though, on the main board Florida fans seemed to be more interested in a goal-tending prospect like Attiokallio coming along with our #2.

They need to just trade for Luongo, since he actually wants to be there and shouldn't cost an insane amount.

Old
04-28-2013, 08:12 AM
klozge
Avs

Quote:
Actually, we could hope that Florida (Or the Avs) win the lottery. Then trade up to take Jones, and then trade EJ to Tampa for #3 and take Drouin.

Solves the top winger issue, and is a gamble on IF Jones turns out to be better than EJ.

I doubt Stastny gets us anywhere close to a top 3 pick, O'Reilly might have but that obviously can't happen.

I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with trading EJ without being able to pick Jones.

All in all we're better off just trying to trade up in order to pick Jones, or simply taking which ever one of Drouin/Mack we're higher on.

Florida needs offense, Colorado needs defense, Tampa needs defense, Nashville needs offense, Carolina needs defense.
Why would the Avs trade EJ when they need defense? A top winger would be great but improving the d is more important imo. Especially because we have some promising prospects in guys like Sgarbossa, Agozzino and maybe Hishon. We don't need Jones instead of EJ, we need Jones and EJ imo.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:23 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by klozge View Post
Why would the Avs trade EJ when they need defense? A top winger would be great but improving the d is more important imo. Especially because we have some promising prospects in guys like Sgarbossa, Agozzino and maybe Hishon. We don't need Jones instead of EJ, we need Jones and EJ imo.
Indeed. He was great last night and we need to add Seth to EJ, Barrie, Elliott and Siemens for the future.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:07 AM
Avs71

I have this fear the Avs could draft Mackinnon, trade Stastny, Hejduk retires, and the front office does nothing bring in some more veteran leadership.

0-100 Games: 2013 draft pick, Barrie, Palushaj, Olver, Bordeleau, Vincour, Elliott, Malone,
100-200 games: Landeskog, Wilson,
200-300 games: PAP, Duchene, McGinn, Mitchell, O'Reilly, Jones, Hunwick, Downie
300-400 games: McLeod, Johnson
400-500 games: Stastny, Hejda, Zanon, O'Brien
500-600 games: Kobasew,
1000+: Hejduk

Hejduk and Kobasew are almost all but gone. Not sure if management has soured on O'Brien, or if Stastny would get traded, but this team could be looking at a serious lack of experience, even more so than what they already lack.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:11 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
I have this fear the Avs could draft Mackinnon, trade Stastny, Hejduk retires, and the front office does nothing bring in some more veteran leadership.

0-100 Games: 2013 draft pick, Barrie, Palushaj, Olver, Bordeleau, Vincour, Elliott, Malone,
100-200 games: Landeskog, Wilson,
200-300 games: PAP, Duchene, McGinn, Mitchell, O'Reilly, Jones, Hunwick, Downie
300-400 games: McLeod, Johnson
400-500 games: Stastny, Hejda, Zanon, O'Brien
500-600 games: Kobasew,
1000+: Hejduk

Hejduk and Kobasew are almost all but gone. Not sure if management has soured on O'Brien, or if Stastny would get traded, but this team could be looking at a serious lack of experience, even more so than what they already lack.
I agree with you about veteran leadership. I think it would be a huge boon for this franchise if they could get Scuderi under contract. His experience would be huge for this club. Same with signing Jagr. This team could really use a boost of talented veterans.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:59 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
If the Flyers are looking to move Coburn, I'd really hope the Avs would be in on him.

Old
04-28-2013, 11:14 AM
avsfan89

Sherman doesn't stay quiet, he's bound to do at least one big thing a year like the johnson trade, varlamov trade, etc.

Old
04-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
Sherman doesn't stay quiet, he's bound to do at least one big thing a year like the johnson trade, varlamov trade, etc.
Sherman will get his pink slip.

Old
04-28-2013, 11:55 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
If the Flyers are looking to move Coburn, I'd really hope the Avs would be in on him.
Their D is already bad. Wouldn't make much sense to me.

Old
04-28-2013, 12:22 PM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

The key to bring O'Reilly and Landeskogs numbers up again is to get a new Jay Mac and two strong defensive forwards along side of him. Right now our bottom six can't handle the tough minutes out there and ROR and Landy will have to take care of it. Kinda what has happend in Toronto with Grabovski and Kulemin which has hurt their numbers greatly.

Old
04-28-2013, 12:42 PM
Zandar

Quote:
The key to bring O'Reilly and Landeskogs numbers up again is to get a new Jay Mac and two strong defensive forwards along side of him. Right now our bottom six can't handle the tough minutes out there and ROR and Landy will have to take care of it. Kinda what has happend in Toronto with Grabovski and Kulemin which has hurt their numbers greatly.
Plenty of good face off/checking line centers available this summer

Old
04-28-2013, 01:08 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Actually, I think the key is to give them those defensive minutes that they excel at so much.

Old
04-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Yea I am expecting something big from Shermy this summer. Not sure what though.

I wish there was a way for us to get Jones and Barkov out of this draft. Wonder what NSH would want for the #4 pick.

Old
04-28-2013, 02:49 PM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
Yea I am expecting something big from Shermy this summer. Not sure what though.

I wish there was a way for us to get Jones and Barkov out of this draft. Wonder what NSH would want for the #4 pick.
Stastny trade.

Old
04-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Stastny trade.
Maybe, but with the Sacco firing I hope this wouldn't be the case.

I would rather keep Stastny and see what he can do next year under a new coach then move him this offseason for seeing what he still has in the tank.

Old
04-28-2013, 05:17 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
Maybe, but with the Sacco firing I hope this wouldn't be the case.

I would rather keep Stastny and see what he can do next year under a new coach then move him this offseason for seeing what he still has in the tank.
We will never have the wingers to support 3 scoring lines.

Heck...we dont have the wingers to support TWO scoring lines.

ROR is younger and has more upside than Staz does...use Staz to trade for either a Dman or a winger depending on how the draft plays out.

Old
04-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
Agreed. I've wanted to see him as a secondary option for a while, but only if they can't bring in a more offensive guy, or the price is too high.

Old
04-28-2013, 05:36 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
We will never have the wingers to support 3 scoring lines.

Heck...we dont have the wingers to support TWO scoring lines.

ROR is younger and has more upside than Staz does...use Staz to trade for either a Dman or a winger depending on how the draft plays out.
Don't agree with this... I still think Stastny has more offensive skill than O'Reilly.

As for never having the wingers?

Drouin - Duchene - Parenteau

Landeskog - O'Reilly - Downie

McGinn - Stastny - Horton

Or...

Stalberg - Duchene - Parenteau

McGinn - Stastny - Mackinnon

We need to replace Jones, and pickup someone that's a little smarter than Mitchell. With Downie back, that's not outlandish considering it's only one or two players.

or even...

Downie - Duchene - Parenteau

Landeskog - O'Reilly - Mackinnon

McGinn - Stastny - Jones

My point is we're not that far off, and Stastny isn't going to net a top 6 forward or a #2 defender by himself with only a year left.

Old
04-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Don't agree with this... I still think Stastny has more offensive skill than O'Reilly.

As for never having the wingers?

Drouin - Duchene - Parenteau

McGinn - Stastny - Horton

Or...

Stalberg - Duchene - Parenteau

McGinn - Stastny - Mackinnon

We need to replace Jones, and pickup someone that's a little smarter than Mitchell. With Downie back, that's not outlandish considering it's only one or two players.

or even...

Downie - Duchene - Parenteau

Landeskog - O'Reilly - Mackinnon

McGinn - Stastny - Jones

My point is we're not that far off, and Stastny isn't going to net a top 6 forward or a #2 defender by himself with only a year left.
In two of those scenarios you have us with our top 3 pick as a forward. Im ok with that but we are still leaving EJ partnerless...

IF we dont get jones, Staz is the piece that can be moved to get a Dman to pair with EJ.

Old
04-28-2013, 06:14 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
The roster spot and salary cleared by Paul Stastny in any potential trade may be more valuable than any potential return in that trade. Matt Duchene and Ryan O'Reilly have made Stastny redundant.

Old
04-28-2013, 06:21 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
The roster spot and salary cleared by Paul Stastny in any potential trade may be more valuable than any potential return in that trade. Matt Duchene and Ryan O'Reilly have made Stastny redundant.
I just don't agree, watching this team play with all three centers was far more effective than being one injury away from having O'Reilly/Duchene & Mitchell as the top two centers.

With the ridiculous amount Bozak is said to be looking for, I'm off that train 100% as well.

Keep all three and continue to build our winger depth.

As for EJ's partner... Stastny isn't going to be enough to get us a #2 defender. However we can try to strengthen the defense as a whole by bringing in at least one veteran and Barrie and Elliott showing continued growth.

Old
04-28-2013, 06:51 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Quote:
I just don't agree, watching this team play with all three centers was far more effective than being one injury away from having O'Reilly/Duchene & Mitchell as the top two centers.

With the ridiculous amount Bozak is said to be looking for, I'm off that train 100% as well.

Keep all three and continue to build our winger depth.

As for EJ's partner... Stastny isn't going to be enough to get us a #2 defender. However we can try to strengthen the defense as a whole by bringing in at least one veteran and Barrie and Elliott showing continued growth.
Colorado shouldn't be fixated on injury scenarios. They just finished 29th. It doesn't get much worse than the roster they iced all season.

If Erik Johnson needs someone to make him play better, the Avalanche need to trade him for someone who makes the players around them better.

Old
04-28-2013, 06:55 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Colorado shouldn't be fixated on injury scenarios. They just finished 29th. It doesn't get much worse than the roster they iced all season.

If Erik Johnson needs someone to make him play better, the Avalanche need to trade him for someone who makes the players around them better.
Everyone needs someone to play better. Crosby at 100 points or 150 points is the difference between his linemates.

Closed Thread