HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposals/Free Agency and Rumors 2012/13 Part III

Old
04-13-2013, 10:19 AM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
Eh I'll pass on Briere. Small and undersized, not the ideal winger for JT. I'd go Clowe over Briere. Just my opinion though.

Also, a lot of Flyers fans have been claiming that Briere is dogging it on em this year. Don't want that type of attitude in this locker room anymore. Brian Rolston's stint with us was more than enough.

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:44 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
Eh I'll pass on Briere. Small and undersized, not the ideal winger for JT. I'd go Clowe over Briere. Just my opinion though.

Also, a lot of Flyers fans have been claiming that Briere is dogging it on em this year. Don't want that type of attitude in this locker room anymore. Brian Rolston's stint with us was more than enough.
Clowe is looking for $6m per, on a 7-8 yr deal.

Too much money and too long a term.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 01:09 PM
RafterRat

vCash: 500
I kind of like what I saw from Latandresse.... fights in the corners and has some creativity that you don't see from Boyes. Don't know enough about him but he is a UFA.

RafterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 01:19 PM
blitzkriegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post

That team is imploding due to injury and poor personnel decisions by management. Lavy is most likely going to be sacrificed. I wouldn't lump Briere's in as a problem child.

blitzkriegs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 01:21 PM
blitzkriegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post

The Isles didn't give PAP a fourth year - a guy riding shotgun with JT and on the pp. Now, they are going to go 5-6 years on Clowe? Umm, no.

blitzkriegs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 01:42 PM
islandermaniac

the new cba allows for a team trading a big money player to eat some of that salary, does it not? there are people on this board who are much more informed on cba issues than i am, so please let me know if this is this case.

anyway, if i'm correct, wouldn't this open up more trade possibilities to the nyi?

islandermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 01:46 PM
Backhand of Justice
Casey Zeeky

Quote:

What kinda drugs is he smokin?

Backhand of Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 01:57 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLio21093 View Post
His contract demands, were what held up his trade from SJ. He wanted his rep to workout the terms of his new deal before a trade was made.

If he ends up re-signing with the NYR, I hope they wildly overpay to keep him. It'll fall right in with wildly overpaying Reddan and Richards, the past several yrs

Old
04-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Deko

It is extremely likely that the Kings are going to trade Bernier in the summer. Besides the Isles, afaic only Calgary and New Jersey are looking for a young and potential nr. 1 goalie. Since Kings don't probably want to trade him within their division, it rules Calgary out, so basically I think there is a high possibility that he will be an Islander next season if Snow is interested in him.

If the Islanders are really looking for a more physical winger to team up with Tavares, I also think that Snow is going to make a serious push for Horton and offer him a 10 million/2 years type of contract. Hard to say if some team is willing to pay more.

Deko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 02:14 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deko View Post
I also think that Snow is going to make a serious push for Horton and offer him a 10 million/2 years type of contract. Hard to say if some team is willing to pay more.
Given Horton's injury history I am guessing he is looking for long term security over slightly more money on a short term deal

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 02:22 PM
duster19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deko View Post
It is extremely likely that the Kings are going to trade Bernier in the summer. Besides the Isles, afaic only Calgary and New Jersey are looking for a young and potential nr. 1 goalie. Since Kings don't probably want to trade him within their division, it rules Calgary out, so basically I think there is a high possibility that he will be an Islander next season if Snow is interested in him.

If the Islanders are really looking for a more physical winger to team up with Tavares, I also think that Snow is going to make a serious push for Horton and offer him a 10 million/2 years type of contract. Hard to say if some team is willing to pay more.
Horton would be good. He is kind of overrated IMO

duster19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 02:36 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
How is the Isles depth on LW/RW?

Both Bryan Bickell and Viktor Stalberg are likely gone as UFA's from Hawks (Cant afford to pay them going forward)

Both have been playing on Hawks 3rd line all year

Stalberg = 40 GP with 8 goals + 12 assists +15
Bickell = 40 GP with 8 goals + 13 assists +10

Those are types of players I could see Islanders having interest in

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 03:23 PM
A Pointed Stick
Can You Believe It?

vCash: 250
Quote:
His contract demands, were what held up his trade from SJ. He wanted his rep to workout the terms of his new deal before a trade was made.

If he ends up re-signing with the NYR, I hope they wildly overpay to keep him. It'll fall right in with wildly overpaying Reddan and Richards, the past several yrs
+10. The more they anchor themselves to dumb contracts, the more they mire themselves in mediocrity.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Brunomics

I am extremely interested in doing a NYI 1st/Poulin for Bernier/3rd rounder(or something like that) at the draft.

Next year would be Nabby/Bernier with Nilsson having another year in the AHL to rebound. Plus Bernier has big time potential.

I'm also very interested to see if Jagr would be on board with playing on JT's line.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 03:40 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
How is the Isles depth on LW/RW?
Depth is fine, we need a first line RW for Tavares and a 2nd Line Center and I guess given the Islanders internal budget they will only have cash for one of those 2 positions

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 04:10 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

I would love Stalberg on a line with Grabner. Put Strome in between them?

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 04:13 PM
TheBigBadCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLio21093 View Post

he's smoking those pine cones again !!

TheBigBadCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 07:03 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

Hey Isles fans, Coyotes fan here in peace. I was wondering if you guys knew what the contract situation with Tim Thomas is? Is he set to become a free agent? Or did the Isles exercise the option to toll his contract for next season? Anyway good luck in the playoffs, I'll be pulling for you guys.

CC96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 07:22 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Coyote 96 View Post
Hey Isles fans, Coyotes fan here in peace. I was wondering if you guys knew what the contract situation with Tim Thomas is? Is he set to become a free agent? Or did the Isles exercise the option to toll his contract for next season? Anyway good luck in the playoffs, I'll be pulling for you guys.
He's an FA if the Isles don't toll him. We don't expect Snow to toll.

Thanks!!

04-17-2013, 11:46 AM
duster19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeland Security View Post
He's an FA if the Isles don't toll him. We don't expect Snow to toll.

Thanks!!
What if they do? Nabby and Thomas next year in nets? Sounds like a good time share, thats of course if TT isnt brutal after his semi retirement. Gives a year or to for these goalie prospects to develop. Just a thought...

duster19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:04 PM
redbull
springtime hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
I would love Stalberg on a line with Grabner. Put Strome in between them?
Stalberg isn't much better than Ullstrom. Good size, great wheels, works hard - Stalberg's got a bit more offense in his game but not significantly.

I'm not sure Stalberg makes the Islanders a better team so I don't see a point in paying UFA prices for him.

I can't believe I'm saying this - BUT, I think the Isles are "FINE"

I don't think they need to add anything in the off-season. I've ranted for the past four years (at least) that they need at LEAST TWO forwards, TWO dmen and a goalie....but they don't anymore. (except they'll need to replace Nabokov no later than the end of next season - I'd guess)

I think Hickey, Visnovsky have provided the two defensemen they always needed.

Bailey-Okposo are playing like the two forwards they've needed and the other two forwards are probably best suited to Strome or Nelson or Niederreiter or Ullstrom or Sundstrom or someone else in the system already.

I don't think there are any trade or UFA options.

In a salary-dumping cap-dropping kind of way, I'd love to land a Hossa-type "star" player for the top line, the type of player I'd gladly give up a Strome/Nino for in a trade - but that's not likely going to happen.

Same for defense. If a #1 becomes available (which is unlikely) then I'd go for it....but otherwise, we have better option$ internally (finally).

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:38 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster19 View Post
What if they do? Nabby and Thomas next year in nets? Sounds like a good time share, thats of course if TT isnt brutal after his semi retirement. Gives a year or to for these goalie prospects to develop. Just a thought...
If Garth is true to his word, he's said time and time again that they don't plan on tolling.

Homeland Security is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
Stalberg isn't much better than Ullstrom.
What planet are you on, man?

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:24 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
Stalberg isn't much better than Ullstrom. Good size, great wheels, works hard - Stalberg's got a bit more offense in his game but not significantly.

I'm not sure Stalberg makes the Islanders a better team so I don't see a point in paying UFA prices for him.

I can't believe I'm saying this - BUT, I think the Isles are "FINE"

I don't think they need to add anything in the off-season. I've ranted for the past four years (at least) that they need at LEAST TWO forwards, TWO dmen and a goalie....but they don't anymore. (except they'll need to replace Nabokov no later than the end of next season - I'd guess)

I think Hickey, Visnovsky have provided the two defensemen they always needed.

Bailey-Okposo are playing like the two forwards they've needed and the other two forwards are probably best suited to Strome or Nelson or Niederreiter or Ullstrom or Sundstrom or someone else in the system already.

I don't think there are any trade or UFA options.

In a salary-dumping cap-dropping kind of way, I'd love to land a Hossa-type "star" player for the top line, the type of player I'd gladly give up a Strome/Nino for in a trade - but that's not likely going to happen.

Same for defense. If a #1 becomes available (which is unlikely) then I'd go for it....but otherwise, we have better option$ internally (finally).
While I would welcome a trade that bougt in a 20 something star like Ryan, I want no part of adding 34 yr old Hossa at the cost of Strome/Nino/top prospect. Isles aren't at the point where they've made the playoffs a few times, gained experience and are 1 player away from winning it all in the next 1-2 seasons.

I'd hoped to see Streit brought back, but doubt it'll happen at this point. Some gm is going to throw silly money at him, at 3-4 yrs.

Old
04-17-2013, 02:25 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Coyote 96 View Post
It sounds like TT has hopes of being picked for the Olympic team. He'll need to be playing to impress Team USA execs.