HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryane Clowe to Rangers for NYR 2013 2nd, FLA 2013 3rd, Conditional 2nd 2014

Old
04-02-2013, 09:37 PM
beastly115

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthJerseyRanger View Post
The more I think about this trade the more I like it. We brought in Gaborik and we couldn't score. We brought in Richards and we couldn't score. We brought in Nash and we couldn't score. Was Pominville, Roy, Jagr, or whoever offensive dynamo we'd have to give up assets for going to be any different? Whatever... the personnel is not the problem.

We absolutely lost some of that snarl when Prust and Dubinsky were let go. With Clowe we get some of that back. The guy has 10x the playmaking ability of a Boyle or a Pyatt, who's ice time will definitely take a hit. And has anyone even MENTIONED his....

wait for it...

JAM!
As I was reading that first paragraph, I thought you were going to say something to the effect of "We brought in all these guys who can put up big points to watch them fail miserably, maybe if we bring in a guy who can't score it will work out!"

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:39 PM
shinchanyo

Still don't get this place. w/e. I simply don't know much about Clowe. I heard he hasn't scored a damn goal yet which drives me insane and makes it look like a horrendous trade. Picks are still just potential though and if he remains what everyone loved you would gladly accept this deal so we'll have to see. Either management was right or wrong. Our pro scouting has been horrendous though

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:42 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
This team with our without Clowe looks prime for a chance at the Cup?
With a new coach is does. But that's for a different thread

And Clowe makes us a better team whether you want to admit it or not.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Im on board. Username and all. Hell if I can change it for Woijtek Wolski.. I guess Clowe deserves a username change as well.

04-02-2013, 09:45 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
The more I read the posts in this thread the more I think a lot of you just need something to ***** about. From all indications, Clowe wants to be resigned by the team that he was traded to. He's a warrior, a scorer, a great teammate, plays eighteen minutes a night and is something the Rangers have been clearly missing and you all are *****ing about 2nd and 3rd round picks? Yeesh.

We can certainly get some of that back, and more, if we trade Gaborik at next years deadline if we aren't in it.
Welcome to HFBoards. The land where picks and prospects are worth infinitely more than any current NHL player. Because, you know, all 2nd and 3rd round picks will turn out to be 1st line players because didn't you hear, it's a deep draft this year!

Old
04-02-2013, 09:47 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Gotta admit, not too fond of giving up so many top tier picks, conditional or not.

What I do like about this deal is the player, and the fact that he was allowed to choose where he wanted to go and handpicked the Rangers. That means something. No doubt this guy is going to be a nice fit emotionally and a welcome addition in the toughness category, but I have the same fears and trepidation most of here have considering his play as of late, his lack of speed and if this was really needed from an organizational outlook.

A very risky move in my opinion, and I think that there's only a few possible outcomes that could truly benefit the Rangers future here, and that's if Clowe reaches beast mode again and the Rangers go far in the playoffs, and if he resigns and resurrects his career here.

But we all know given the Rangers reputation, the latter is very unlikely to occur. Does this deal make them a better team? Sure. But it reeks of a Sather move that will only hurt the long term stability of this team. We'll see. It's always excited to get a heart and soul player that is special, I'm just hoping that there's still gas in the tank.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:51 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Call me crazy, but reading this thread, in genuinely surprised at how many posters here are passionate enough about the rangers to post on a message board, yet don't have a clue about a very solid top 6 player in the western conference.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:51 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me Maybe View Post
Im on board. Username and all. Hell if I can change it for Woijtek Wolski.. I guess Clowe deserves a username change as well.
Hey, we just traded for you
And this is crazy
But he's Marc-Andre Fleury
So score your first goal, maybe?

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Plowevelski
:-)) Torres Fan Club

Clowe is a special player and he is the warrior that will protect your stars from guys like Lucic (I'm not dissing Lucic) and other players who might try to run your big guns. He'll drop the gloves with anyone. Once he picks up his offensive game you'll realize you acquired a valuable asset. I've been a fan of his since his rookie year (My name clearly indicates I'm a Clowe fan) and I wish him the best of luck and I'll be watching a lot more Rangers games now.

Don't be surprised to watch him drop the mitts and go to town on someone almost immediately upon joining your team. I'm just glad he's out east, the guy is a beast.

I'm a big Torts fan and I'm curious to see how he does under his guidance and playing with all the high level pieces you got on your team. Best of luck.

Plowevelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
And this is crazy
/thread

You win.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:54 PM
2ndGenIslander
Potvin's Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Any time you can trade a bunch of picks for a guy with zero goals, you've pretty much got to make that move.

2ndGenIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
For how much? And how long?

Clowe's going to want a top-6 kind of contract for a 30 year old. Too many years, too much money for a player who has had a number of injuries and is still scoreless.
This is the only outcome I can envision.

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowevelski View Post
Clowe is a special player and he is the warrior that will protect your stars from guys like Lucic (I'm not dissing Lucic) and other players who might try to run your big guns. He'll drop the gloves with anyone. Once he picks up his offensive game you'll realize you acquired a valuable asset. I've been a fan of his since his rookie year (My name clearly indicates I'm a Clowe fan) and I wish him the best of luck and I'll be watching a lot more Rangers games now.

Don't be surprised to watch him drop the mitts and go to town on someone almost immediately upon joining your team. I'm just glad he's out east, the guy is a beast.

I'm a big Torts fan and I'm curious to see how he does under his guidance and playing with all the high level pieces you got on your team. Best of luck.
Hope he can return to form. He had some great seasons for you guys.

04-02-2013, 09:57 PM
bubba5

Love the trade. People were in love in getting Richards and look at the flop. Now we can't wait to
Buy him. I like that no one likes the deal. It's got nowhere to go
But up. Yes it cost us the picks but you never know.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
And this is crazy
WWWWWAAAAAAIIIIITTTTTTTT.....

I changed my username a full HOUR BEFORE THIS.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:59 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Call me crazy, but reading this thread, in genuinely surprised at how many posters here are passionate enough about the rangers to post on a message board, yet don't have a clue about a very solid top 6 player in the western conference.
Why I have an actual life I love the sport but I'm fairly new to it and trying to learn. I don't have time to learn about the league completely yet so this comes off as very condescending though I suspect you're more frustrated by how many people are ignorant and choose to overreact and post without knowledge in which case I understand your frustration but to me it's still understandable that some post without fully knowing what's up and who cares just ignore the dumb posts. In the end I totally get why some people are immediately upset we traded that much for someone with zeeeeeero goals on the season who is 31 years old who plays on the west coast(hard to watch him) and we can't score to save our lives this year. Just seems like a cruel joke.

Old
04-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
And this is crazy
You win. Close this thread now.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:00 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:

I know! Your username was the inspiration behind it! Notice I quoted you!

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:

Traitor.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:06 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
I know! Your username was the inspiration behind it! Notice I quoted you!
I did not. Seriously. I am even that more in awe now.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:06 PM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
Why I have an actual life I love the sport but I'm fairly new to it and trying to learn. I don't have time to learn about the league completely yet so this comes off as very condescending though I suspect you're more frustrated by how many people are ignorant and choose to overreact and post without knowledge in which case it's still understandable and who cares just ignore the dumb posts. I get why some people are immediately upset we traded that much for someone with zeeeeeero goals on the season who is 31 years old who plays on the west coast and we can't score to save our lives this year. Just seems like a cruel joke.
It isn't just that he has zero goals, which is abysmal, its the fact that he is going to want to be re-signed, and by the look of it Sather would like to sign him as well. Not good. Sorry, I don't have any confidence this guy can turn it around and be a consistent producer. I hope he proves me wrong, but at this point he is a big question mark who is a medium risk medium reward.

I know better than to become optimistic about any NYR trades or signings.

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:08 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

The Rangers are a much better team right now, their chances of making the playoffs increased, and if they get in, they will be a tougher matchup.

Nobody can debate that.

Let's revisit who won the trade 4 years from now when the 2nd rounder chosen -- or someone in that range the Rangers might have drafted -- finishes their amateur career.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Why? If you collected a head count of how many of us watch Sharks games on the regular, I think it would be limited to one hand.

04-02-2013, 10:17 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
haha, immediately started reading your post to "Call Me Maybe", then right below you.
Clowe me maybe lyrics

nyrpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:20 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Why? If you collected a head count of how many of us watch Sharks games on the regular, I think it would be limited to one hand.
Pretty much what i was thinking would be the case.

Maybe we are just a collection of a bunch of selfish pr***s lol including me of course and we never bother to think from someone elses perspective. Thats the way the world works though.