HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cameron Gaunce to Dallas for Tomas Vincour

Old
04-02-2013, 08:57 PM
Sheet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
I wouldn't call this exciting trade deadline. I was expecting more action.
Cap space next year I imagine has a lot of gms a bit gun shy. I don't feel we'll see many more big moves but I could be wrong.

Sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:22 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Good trade.

Totally agree, Vincour is a solid player for the bottom two lines. Big physical guy who is good in the corners and tough player to knock off the puck.

Last edited by S E P H: 04-02-2013 at 09:30 PM.
S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Colorado Avalanche

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheet View Post
Cap space next year I imagine has a lot of gms a bit gun shy. I don't feel we'll see many more big moves but I could be wrong.
Good point actually, but we have still seen moves with big salary. Bouwmeester for example and he was able to get first round pick. Maybe tomorrow there will be more action.

Colorado Avalanche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

vCash: 125
Dang I was kind of hoping Gaunce would make this team in a couple years...

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:35 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

vCash: 281
should be interesting to see how this works out. a big center, could be a solid 4th liner in the future.

CalderKing21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

vCash: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalderKing21 View Post
should be interesting to see how this works out. a big center, could be a solid 4th liner in the future.
Apparently he's a winger now. I checked with some Stars fans because a lot of sites have him listed as C/W.

Holyhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Foppa

Good deal...I tend to agree with the overwhelming sentiment here. I like Vincour's size and versatility. At worst he's a 4th line winger and he's got some upside. I like the idea of adding him and Malone as young, strong bottom line forwards by next season.

Wish Gaunce the best, I tend to think his trajectory would look a bit different under different management here but there's no doubt he's regressed this season and I like Vincour's potential to carve a niche at the NHL level better than Gaunce's at this point.

Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:13 PM
Sgarbossy

Welcome aboard Tomas. Dont do anything stupid like playing well.

Sgarbossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:27 PM
chet1926

Reading through the Dallas thread on this trade doesn't overwhelm me with confidence.

Vincour sounds like a bit of a project, maybe a 3rd line winger in the future, sounds like his offensive abilities are not very high. Seemed to get the comment from the posters of I'm not going to miss him shooting good chances into the other teams logo, we tend to have a bunch of players who already do this.

Not too bummed about seeing Gaunce gone, he was never going to get a chance here. Hopefully Vincour can be a decent bottom 6 guy for us in the future.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:35 PM
skip2mybordeleau
Expected Regression

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
Reading through the Dallas thread on this trade doesn't overwhelm me with confidence.

Vincour sounds like a bit of a project, maybe a 3rd line winger in the future, sounds like his offensive abilities are not very high. Seemed to get the comment from the posters of I'm not going to miss him shooting good chances into the other teams logo, we tend to have a bunch of players who already do this.

Not too bummed about seeing Gaunce gone, he was never going to get a chance here. Hopefully Vincour can be a decent bottom 6 guy for us in the future.
not a bad thing, get some competition for RW next season, considering duke will probably retire, kobasew likely traded, and maybe jones, less likely traded. let this guy and pajamas play for a roster spot next year.

skip2mybordeleau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:38 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Again, I can only ask...who was the last defensive minded Dman that made his break to the NHL from the AVs AHL system?

The AVs suck at this. The best offensive minded dmen they've "developed" they traded (Shatty) so it'll be real interesting to see how the rest of the kids in the oven do. I just don't understand it. Why can't the AVs develop dmen? Lack of patience or just a preference to go trade anything that might take time away for someone who can pot 10 or 15 goals?

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:43 PM
dahrougem2

It'd be real interesting to see if Hejduk is now willing to come back for another season in order to help with Vincour's development, much like Jagr was taking him under his wing in Dallas

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
Again, I can only ask...who was the last defensive minded Dman that made his break to the NHL from the AVs AHL system?

The AVs suck at this. The best offensive minded dmen they've "developed" they traded (Shatty) so it'll be real interesting to see how the rest of the kids in the oven do. I just don't understand it. Why can't the AVs develop dmen? Lack of patience or just a preference to go trade anything that might take time away for someone who can pot 10 or 15 goals?
We've been over this, to actually have success or failure at something, you have to at least TRY. Unless you believe that drafting guys like Richard Demen-Willaume, Derek Peltier or Gabriel Bourque with 5th-6th round picks is actually TRYING very hard!??

The Avs drafted Gaunce (under Ted Hampson and the previous F.Giguere regime) with a 2nd round pick and he was known as a 2-way guy and he hasn't panned out. That's ONE guy, it's not like the Avs are spending all of their 1st-2nd-3rd round picks on Defensive D-men and they aren't panning out because they can't identify that kind of player, they are just not selecting that kind of player with their highest picks.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
It'd be real interesting to see if Hejduk is now willing to come back for another season in order to help with Vincour's development, much like Jagr was taking him under his wing in Dallas
I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. I'm about 99.999999999999999999999999999% sure he's done.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
We've been over this, to actually have success or failure at something, you have to at least TRY. Unless you believe that drafting guys like Richard Demen-Willaume, Derek Peltier or Gabriel Bourque with 5th-6th round picks is actually TRYING very hard!??

The Avs drafted Gaunce (under Ted Hampson and the previous F.Giguere regime) with a 2nd round pick and he was known as a 2-way guy and he hasn't panned out. That's ONE guy, it's not like the Avs are spending all of their 1st-2nd-3rd round picks on Defensive D-men and they aren't panning out because they can't identify that kind of player, they are just not selecting that kind of player with their highest picks.
Actually they've tried to draft d-men almost every single year since 2000. The fact is they simply suck at developing D-Men.

Cohen - #2, 2007 - flop
Elliott - #2, 2009 - maybe
Gaunce - #2, 2008 - flop
Williams - #2, 2006 - flop
Shattenkirk - #1, 2007 - EJ
Siemens - #1, 2011 - maybe
Boychuk - #2, 2002 - flop
Lifton - #2, 2003 - flop

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:13 PM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Actually they've tried to draft d-men almost every single year since 2000. The fact is they simply suck at developing D-Men.

Cohen - #2, 2007 - flop
Gaunce - #2, 2008 - flop
Lifton - #2, 2003 - flop
Suck at developing, solid at drafting though IMO.

5-8 guys there are gearing up for long careers. And the list doesn't include Barrie.

Old
04-02-2013, 11:16 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
I hope not. Jagr can still play but Hejduk is finished. At this point it shouldn't even be an option, if he still wants to keep playing the Avs should thank him for everything he has done with this organization and wish him the best with his new team.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
I hope not. Jagr can still play but Hejduk is finished. At this point it shouldn't even be an option, if he still wants to keep playing the Avs should thank him for everything he has done with this organization and wish him the best with his new team.
It's like he forgot to play hockey, or just stopped caring. I wouldn't blame him either way, he's getting up there and the Avs play hasn't been exactly inspiring over the past... 7 years.

Old
04-02-2013, 11:20 PM
BoxOfChocolates

Good trade. Never was a fan of Gaunce.

BoxOfChocolates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:21 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyhell View Post
It's like he forgot to play hockey, or just stopped caring. I wouldn't blame him either way, he's getting up there and the Avs play hasn't been exactly inspiring over the past... 7 years.
He's just old. I think he still cares and is trying to do his best but he doesn't have it anymore. Just like Foote in his last year or two. He was trying his best out there but he was one of our worst players.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
He's just old. I think he still cares and is trying to do his best but he doesn't have it anymore. Just like Foote in his last year or two. He was trying his best out there but he was one of our worst players.
Maybe, seems like a lot of guys can keep it up for years past 34/35yo with workout routines.

I completely understand if Hejduk is done, he's done a tonne for this franchise, but if he still wanted to be a producer in this league he would be.

Old
04-02-2013, 11:27 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post

I'm not sure if you are trying to pick on me or if you are agreeing with me in an EXTREMELY round-about way. Either way, I'm drunk and no longer really care so you either win for agreeing with me or lose because we are comparing pee-pees and, my friend...there is no contest there. Mine is best.

I wasn't trying to pick a fight with your or anyone else but just more or less trying to point out a GLARING ****ING HOLE IN THE AVS STRATEGY. If you don't at least pay a glancing amount of attention to defenders that stay at home you end up with EJ, Hejda, Wilson, Zanon, O'Brien, O'Byrned and Hunwick locked in to one way contracts for multiple years and no room to bring in younger guys unless you start taking out your own men's knees during practice.

I'm very drunk tonight, so take this with a bit of salt...but seriously, are you agreeing with me or just trying to piss on my drunk parade?

Last edited by expatriated_texan: 04-02-2013 at 11:47 PM.
expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:33 PM
avs1dacup

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post

Cohen - #2, 2007 - flop
Gaunce - #2, 2008 - flop
Lifton - #2, 2003 - flop
They've done a fairly decent job of finding offensive minded guys. But not the defensive guys. They tend to not draft defensive only guys early.

avs1dacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs1dacup View Post
They've done a fairly decent job of finding offensive minded guys. But not the defensive guys. They tend to not draft defensive only guys early.
It'd be interesting to see how many strictly Defensive Dmen have been drafted and started legitimate long term NHL careers in the last 7-10 years.

Old
04-02-2013, 11:39 PM
avs1dacup

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyhell View Post
It'd be interesting to see how many strictly Defensive Dmen have been drafted and started legitimate long term NHL careers in the last 7-10 years.
Which then brings the arguement, what exactly is a defensive defenseman in juniors? If a guy puts up 20-25 points, is he considered two way or defensive?

avs1dacup is offline   Reply With Quote