HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

forcasting the future player moves

Old
04-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Djp

vCash: 500
forcasting the future player moves

What is the prognosis with G Hackett? Any idea on how he forcasts? Is he a future starter or just a backup?

With this trade does this mean that in the offseason we look for a trade such as Enroth/Hackett + Stafford and/or LA 2nd rounders for Bernier + ?

Does this ad fuel to the fire of Miller being dealt around the draft? Seeing the goalies getting dealt this should establish Millers price at something similar to Pominville where its 2 quality prospects/players + 1st.

would Stafford get dealt at the draft or would they wait until he starts scoring again and then deals him sometime during next season? some rumors floated that they were asking for a 1st for him.

My gut feeling is Vanek and Ott are negotiated during the off season for extensions. If none can be done then they will also be on the block for trades.

I dont see them even trying to talk to Miller about an extension and instead just deal him by next deadline for players and picks.

Leino is given until 2014 to do something ---if not he gets the buyout then.

I dont know what the rules are on making the buyout......do they have to do it during a certain time period or can they do it anytime in the summer? I could see them looking at UFAs out there and look to sign a UFA---only if they could get a top level player would they then say they will buy out Leino or Stafford to make cap room for the signing.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

My guess is Regier sees Hackett as a potential starter long-term and a replacement for Miller. I'm sure they'll get him some games before this season is over to see how he does.

Miller and Stafford are both likely gone during the summer, and if not they'll be dealt at the trade deadline next season. I can't imagine either of them being back for 2015.

Vanek could go either way. It will probably depend on what Regier gets offered for him.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot

I think it may be up to Vanek.

Karate Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:28 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
My guess is Regier sees Hackett as a potential starter long-term and a replacement for Miller. I'm sure they'll get him some games before this season is over to see how he does.
confirmed in his presser that wrapped up the day with Stoned McDufferson.

Quote:
a very good young goaltender...we think he has the ability to play in the NHL, and with our goaltending situation, we want to make sure that we have a lot of depth, and he adds to that depth... a serious candidate to play here in the future

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:34 PM
kirby11

Thinking of what darcy could potentially get for vanek in a trade...I'd really rather deal him than sign him to a retirement contract. His body's going to keep wearing down more and more

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:15 PM
5 Minute Major

vCash: 374
I have a feeling that Regier is going to shock us all and trade Vanek and Miller and buy out Stafford this summer (not the shocking part) but then floor everyone and make offer sheets to a couple high profile RFA's to speed this rebuild up with talent that is young and can produce.

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
I have a feeling that Regier is going to shock us all and trade Vanek and Miller and buy out Stafford this summer (not the shocking part) but then floor everyone and make offer sheets to a couple high profile RFA's to speed this rebuild up with talent that is young and can produce.
I wouldn't be shocked at all if all 3 were gone. I'm actually expecting at this point, with the only wild card being Vanek.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote