HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Jasper camp

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2003, 09:42 PM
IceDragoon

vCash: 500
Jasper camp

Don't know the lineups, but Izzy scored a hat trick in the intersquad game today. 2 charging to the net and roofing it and 1 sweet tic tac toe, to and from Hemsky.

Old
09-23-2003, 09:58 PM
Digger12

I watched the highlights on global, and from what I saw Isbister looked very good. Scored 4 goals, was driving hard to the net.

I know he's disappointed before, but how huge would it be if he finally decided to become consistent?

That one Isbister goal, on the tictactoe play w/ Hemsky and Smyth...oh man. The Hemsky pass was just filthy...through the dman's legs, right on the tape for an easy redirect.

Old
09-24-2003, 05:17 AM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
I watched the highlights on global, and from what I saw Isbister looked very good. Scored 4 goals, was driving hard to the net.

I know he's disappointed before, but how huge would it be if he finally decided to become consistent?

That one Isbister goal, on the tictactoe play w/ Hemsky and Smyth...oh man. The Hemsky pass was just filthy...through the dman's legs, right on the tape for an easy redirect.
Filthy is a very good word to describe that pass.

Just read that the final score was 8-4 for team blue. More of a fun match with very little hitting.

http://www.canoe.ca/Slam030924/nhl_edm2-sun.html

Apparently camp is going really well in the mountains. Getting the team in the right state of mind goes a long way towards achieving team focus. Add talent and hard work and we have a recipe for success and consistency.

Smytty's "hairline fracture of the forefinger on his right hand" may be sore, but it didn't stop him from scoring the 2-0 goal against Vancouver. However, it might bother him in faceoffs.

Old
09-24-2003, 10:45 AM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDragoon
Smytty's "hairline fracture of the forefinger on his right hand" may be sore, but it didn't stop him from scoring the 2-0 goal against Vancouver. However, it might bother him in faceoffs.
shouldn't be too much of a concern, after all, smyth's faceoffs might go from 2/6 to 1/6!

Old
09-24-2003, 10:48 AM
TheBrew

vCash: 540
Who scored the other goals? did York play?

Old
09-24-2003, 11:09 AM
Spearing47

Send a message via MSN to Spearing47
Rookies had a pedal boat race on the lake yesterday....must have been fun to watch!!

Old
09-24-2003, 11:39 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew
Who scored the other goals? did York play?
York played, don't know how well though.

Rita had a goal, Reasoner too I believe. Sarno had 2 decent goals as well...he's had his strongest camp yet IMO.

Of course, this scrimmage basically was a no-hitter...higher skill level but lower physical play than the Joey Moss cup scrimmages by the sounds of it.

Closed Thread