HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 - 2014 Season Roster Part 4

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-08-2013, 10:25 PM
  #1
SniperHF
Global Moderator
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 16,274
vCash: 500
2013 - 2014 Season Roster Part 4

Not too far now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
That's a good point. If you give Miele a spot over Lats, it's probably smart to give Yip a spot over Brule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey53 View Post
Yip is kind of the forgotten man on these threads. Like we all have been saying, this is going to be a very competitive camp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey53 View Post
I'm with you on Miele, although he is looking good in the rookie training camp. That probably will change when he starts to play with men.

SniperHF is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 02:21 AM
  #2
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Miele deserves his shot, he chose us over a few different teams at the time and has kicked ass for our organization. We have no reason to not give him a chance.

Rabbit is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 02:38 AM
  #3
HerrDonut
Registered User
 
HerrDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Miele deserves his shot, he chose us over a few different teams at the time and has kicked ass for our organization. We have no reason to not give him a chance.
Well, I think not proving to be as good as or better than the others competing for a roster spot would be reason to not give him a chance
Having said that, I'm rooting for the guy. I've liked him since the day we signed him. Miele is the sort of player on and off the ice that I'd like to see succeed as a Coyote.

HerrDonut is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 09:39 AM
  #4
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 45,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Miele deserves his shot, he chose us over a few different teams at the time and has kicked ass for our organization. We have no reason to not give him a chance.
But he hasn't really kicked ass at all. He's twenty five years old. If he were going to be a top six NHL player, he'd be one. Also, you'd think he'd at least be a point per game player in the AHL. At the very least. Matt Read he is not.

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is online now  
Old
09-09-2013, 10:36 AM
  #5
Guest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 5,321
vCash: 500
I agree, unless Miele is a late bloomer what you see is what you get. I don't really expect him to push for a spot although he'll obviously make it to the main camp to vie for a spot.

Briere was a late bloomer, but he showed so much more than Miele at this point in their careers. Miele will get his chance in camp, but if he doesn't make the team I wouldn't be surprised if they shop him to see if anyone is willing to give him a shot. If nothing else he's helpful on the farm for the remainder of the season.

Guest is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 10:54 AM
  #6
Jakey53
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
But he hasn't really kicked ass at all. He's twenty five years old. If he were going to be a top six NHL player, he'd be one. Also, you'd think he'd at least be a point per game player in the AHL. At the very least. Matt Read he is not.
Your right. I can not see him making the team, although DM says he is close. He has been one of the better players at rookie training camp, but like you said, he really is a man playing against boys.

Jakey53 is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 10:56 AM
  #7
Jakey53
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Miele deserves his shot, he chose us over a few different teams at the time and has kicked ass for our organization. We have no reason to not give him a chance.
He probably chose us for a reason. He will get his shot, but I can not see him making the team.

Jakey53 is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 11:23 AM
  #8
kihekah19
Registered User
 
kihekah19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 2,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Miele deserves his shot, he chose us over a few different teams at the time and has kicked ass for our organization. We have no reason to not give him a chance.

I don't recall him "choosing us." He's had a shot or two already and will get a shot or two more, it's up to him. Chooose us or not.

kihekah19 is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 11:50 AM
  #9
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.
 
Devils Advocate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,783
vCash: 500
it boggles my mind that some don't understand that Tippett doesn't do anything because someone deserves it, they have to earn it.

if Miele can earn it under Tippett's accountable style of coaching, that would be huge for the organization and especially Miele.

Devils Advocate is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 01:10 PM
  #10
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
But he hasn't really kicked ass at all. He's twenty five years old. If he were going to be a top six NHL player, he'd be one. Also, you'd think he'd at least be a point per game player in the AHL. At the very least. Matt Read he is not.
He's no Matt Read, but he's also not a Bissonette. He has done well in the AHL, I think he deserves a long look and maybe a cup of coffee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey53 View Post
He probably chose us for a reason. He will get his shot, but I can not see him making the team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post
I don't recall him "choosing us." He's had a shot or two already and will get a shot or two more, it's up to him. Chooose us or not.
He did choose us, he had other NHL teams wanting to sign him around the same time we signed him. He and Maloney both said it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
it boggles my mind that some don't understand that Tippett doesn't do anything because someone deserves it, they have to earn it.

if Miele can earn it under Tippett's accountable style of coaching, that would be huge for the organization and especially Miele.
Well It boggles MY mind that I say he deserves a shot to make the team, and you guys think that I mean he deserves a full 82 game season. I just want them to offer him a fair chance in training camp, not a solidified roster spot based off of one day of rookie camp. I am well aware of how Dave Tippett's system works.

Rabbit is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 01:28 PM
  #11
Redcoyote
Hungry
 
Redcoyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,234
vCash: 500
There is definitely a LW spot up for grabs. Its not a guaranteed spot for Latendresse or Domi or anyone else. Miele has the opportunity to earn that spot. I personally doubt he will but he will have the chance.

Redcoyote is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 01:46 PM
  #12
Colt45Blast
It works every time!
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 26,535
vCash: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
it boggles my mind that some don't understand that Tippett doesn't do anything because someone deserves it, they have to earn it.

if Miele can earn it under Tippett's accountable style of coaching, that would be huge for the organization and especially Miele.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Well It boggles MY mind that I say he deserves a shot to make the team, and you guys think that I mean he deserves a full 82 game season. I just want them to offer him a fair chance in training camp, not a solidified roster spot based off of one day of rookie camp. I am well aware of how Dave Tippett's system works.
I'll admit that I got a good laugh at the strawman argument you were responding to.

I'll add by saying that just because a player never makes it into the NHL playing under Tippett doesn't mean they won't be able to play in the NHL period. Every team has a different way of doing things when it comes to player development. Our origanization believes that playing in development leagues only is the way to train those to be NHL ready and the only way to be NHL ready is to make the team out of camp. Other organizations believe that one has to actually play in the NHL for sometime in order to be able to play in the league regadless of where the player has developed their game in the past. I'm just saying this because just in case Melie doesn't make the team ever that doesn't mean he won't make it in the NHL ever.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 02:09 PM
  #13
letowskie
Registered User
 
letowskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: In your worst nighmare
Posts: 2,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcoyote View Post
There is definitely a LW spot up for grabs. Its not a guaranteed spot for Latendresse or Domi or anyone else. Miele has the opportunity to earn that spot. I personally doubt he will but he will have the chance.
I think this year would have to be Miele's last chance, if he blows whatever that's given him, then he would be out of the organization. I can also see someone like Lessio earn a spot on the top 6, probably not at the beginning of the season, but at some point during the campaign. Also Samuelsson is another player to watch, he could be the dark horse coming out to take the spot by mid-season.

Short of those, I think the best way would be to get a medium term solution through some low-profile trade (Klesla + 2nd or something), for the next 2-3 years.

letowskie is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 02:13 PM
  #14
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 45,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcoyote View Post
There is definitely a LW spot up for grabs. Its not a guaranteed spot for Latendresse or Domi or anyone else. Miele has the opportunity to earn that spot. I personally doubt he will but he will have the chance.
Agreed. Of course he will have a chance. I'm just saying he's twenty five years old and you'd expect a hell of a lot more AHL production from a guy who's supposed to end up a top six player in the NHL. If he were a half decade younger and accomplishing this, I'd have high hopes. As of now, I'd be very surprised if he ever became a regular NHL player. There isn't a precedent for this. By his age, he should be dominating the AHL to ever get a shot. Hell, look at guys like Brandon Bochenski or Jeff Tambellini. They could never stick in the NHL full time after lengthy college careers but they were dominating the AHL by the time they were Miele's age. These overage NCAA signings rarely work out. When they do, it is frankly pretty damned obvious right from the start that they are going to.

rt is online now  
Old
09-09-2013, 02:32 PM
  #15
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan
 
ck26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Coyotes Bandwagon
Country: United States
Posts: 8,063
vCash: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Agreed. Of course he will have a chance. I'm just saying he's twenty five years old and you'd expect a hell of a lot more AHL production from a guy who's supposed to end up a top six player in the NHL. If he were a half decade younger and accomplishing this, I'd have high hopes. As of now, I'd be very surprised if he ever became a regular NHL player. There isn't a precedent for this. By his age, he should be dominating the AHL to ever get a shot. Hell, look at guys like Brandon Bochenski or Jeff Tambellini. They could never stick in the NHL full time after lengthy college careers but they were dominating the AHL by the time they were Miele's age. These overage NCAA signings rarely work out. When they do, it is frankly pretty damned obvious right from the start that they are going to.
Not exactly apples-to-apples comparisons, but the oft-discussed Mikhail Grabovski didn't make an impact in the NHL until 24 and Brian Rafalski (who was playing in Finland) didn't show up until he was 27 or 28. Rafalski DID win the Norris trophy in Finland, but I think most folks rate the AHL as better than SM-Liiga.

Tambellini's early 2000's Michigan teams were a lot of fun to watch, but does anyone think the Kings want a do-over on the 2003 first round?

26 LAK - Brian Boyle C St. Sebastian's [Mass. H.S.]
27 LAK - Jeff Tambellini L U. of Michigan [CCHA]
28 ANA - Corey Perry R London Knights [OHL]

ck26 is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 02:39 PM
  #16
Fallenone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
it boggles my mind that some don't understand that Tippett doesn't do anything because someone deserves it, they have to earn it.

if Miele can earn it under Tippett's accountable style of coaching, that would be huge for the organization and especially Miele.
I agree with You on this. "Deserve" is a word that has no place in Sports. Either you are able to produce and are able to add something to the Team, Here and Now. This Season!!!! Or You don't belong here. Is there anyone here that has a job where they end don't have to produce???

Fallenone is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 02:57 PM
  #17
kihekah19
Registered User
 
kihekah19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 2,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Agreed. Of course he will have a chance. I'm just saying he's twenty five years old and you'd expect a hell of a lot more AHL production from a guy who's supposed to end up a top six player in the NHL. If he were a half decade younger and accomplishing this, I'd have high hopes. As of now, I'd be very surprised if he ever became a regular NHL player. There isn't a precedent for this. By his age, he should be dominating the AHL to ever get a shot. Hell, look at guys like Brandon Bochenski or Jeff Tambellini. They could never stick in the NHL full time after lengthy college careers but they were dominating the AHL by the time they were Miele's age. These overage NCAA signings rarely work out. When they do, it is frankly pretty damned obvious right from the start that they are going to.

Perhaps they are all drunks? I don't think Meile is, but having never seen any of their puke first hand, I really don't feel qualified to say.

kihekah19 is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 03:14 PM
  #18
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
I'm just going to shut up now.

I pray for reading comprehension among this forum.

Rabbit is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 03:40 PM
  #19
PHX FireBirds18
Registered User
 
PHX FireBirds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
I'm just going to shut up now.

I pray for reading comprehension among this forum.
Hey at least there's hockey to talk about now, and not some lame ass ownership issue.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 03:50 PM
  #20
PHX FireBirds18
Registered User
 
PHX FireBirds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,932
vCash: 500
Lessio is kind of getting lost in all this talk. I have a feeling he's going to push hard for a roster spot. Fast skater, tenacious, good goal scorer, and physically developed. I've heard a lot about Lats over the years but I've never really came away with that impressed. So I would prefer to see what Domi and Lessio bring to the table. Depending on what kind of chemistry Domi can create with the czech line might determine wether or not he makes the team. Same with Lessio in a scoring role but his line mates might be more ideal with Doan and Ribeiro.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 03:52 PM
  #21
PhoPhan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 13,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
Lessio is kind of getting lost in all this talk. I have a feeling he's going to push hard for a roster spot. Fast skater, tenacious, good goal scorer, and physically developed. I've heard a lot about Lats over the years but I've never really came away with that impressed. So I would prefer to see what Domi and Lessio bring to the table. Depending on what kind of chemistry Domi can create with the czech line might determine wether or not he makes the team. Same with Lessio in a scoring role but his line mates might be more ideal with Doan and Ribeiro.
The number one reason I don't see Lessio or Domi any rookie making this team in any meaningful role is that the open wing slot is in the top six. Whoever that is will end up playing with Hanzal and Vrbata (meaning he'd better be capable defensively, because he'll often be matched up against the opposition's top line), or he'll be with Ribeiro and either Doan or Boedker, meaning he'll likely be facing the opposition's best defenders. In any event, it's not an optimal situation for a green player.

PhoPhan is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 03:54 PM
  #22
kihekah19
Registered User
 
kihekah19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 2,486
vCash: 500
At this point I've seen NO ONE at rookie camp that should be playing in the NHL for the Phoenix Coyotes. If any of them do make the cut, they will have had stepped up their game, or God help us because we've been forced to "settle."

kihekah19 is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 04:09 PM
  #23
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.
 
Devils Advocate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
He's no Matt Read, but he's also not a Bissonette. He has done well in the AHL, I think he deserves a long look and maybe a cup of coffee.


Well It boggles MY mind that I say he deserves a shot to make the team, and you guys think that I mean he deserves a full 82 game season. I just want them to offer him a fair chance in training camp, not a solidified roster spot based off of one day of rookie camp. I am well aware of how Dave Tippett's system works.
it doesn't seem like you do when you throw out terms like cup of coffee, and long look, and insinuate he hasn't got a fair shot in the past.

he's had the same shot every other player has had under Tippett, how more fair can he be?

Tippett doesn't serve cups of coffee.

hey, we're probably all saying the same thing and its just semantics.

I say I hope he earns a high number of nhl games, you say you hope he gets a fair chance, but we're saying the same thing.

Devils Advocate is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 04:14 PM
  #24
PHX FireBirds18
Registered User
 
PHX FireBirds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
The number one reason I don't see Lessio or Domi any rookie making this team in any meaningful role is that the open wing slot is in the top six. Whoever that is will end up playing with Hanzal and Vrbata (meaning he'd better be capable defensively, because he'll often be matched up against the opposition's top line), or he'll be with Ribeiro and either Doan or Boedker, meaning he'll likely be facing the opposition's best defenders. In any event, it's not an optimal situation for a green player.
We have to get lucky sometime right I mean it can't all happen on D.

Never thought Whitney was the greatest defender but he was apt at making plays and keeping it simple if he got pressured on his side. The reason I mentioned those two are is because we agree that the only spot available is in the top 6. Out of everyone in our system I see these as the two most likely candidates to step in and make an impact offensively. Which is what they're going to have to do to make the team. Obviously Tippet demands his defense but Whitney was no stranger to floating on that line. I'm sure as the game progresses we are likely to see some alterations to kind of put a trap on and seal the deal so to speak. Either way I'm thinking at least one of them is going to get a cup of coffee and we can sit there and evaluate wether they should stick around once that happens.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 04:20 PM
  #25
Jakey53
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
Lessio is kind of getting lost in all this talk. I have a feeling he's going to push hard for a roster spot. Fast skater, tenacious, good goal scorer, and physically developed. I've heard a lot about Lats over the years but I've never really came away with that impressed. So I would prefer to see what Domi and Lessio bring to the table. Depending on what kind of chemistry Domi can create with the czech line might determine wether or not he makes the team. Same with Lessio in a scoring role but his line mates might be more ideal with Doan and Ribeiro.
I think Lessio has already opened a few eyes last year and this year. He looked great at the scrimmage on Sunday.

Jakey53 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.