HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Trade Proposals and Rumors 2012/13 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 03:14 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Trade Proposals and Rumors 2012/13 Part II

Part I can be found here:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1342623

Carry on!

Old
03-19-2013, 04:27 PM
SLAPSHOT723
QU 2014 - Isles Fan

vCash: 500
If we're out of it by the deadline, would anyone be opposed to this proposal?

Mark Streit
Aaron Ness

Matt D'Agostini
STL 1st 2013

This is only if we're out of it. If we're still in contention I would want to keep Streit.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:41 PM
IslandersFan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post

Mark Streit
Aaron Ness

Matt D'Agostini
STL 1st 2013

This is only if we're out of it. If we're still in contention I would want to keep Streit.
I would do that seven days a week and twice on Sunday. Matt is still young and could be a very good third line type of guy. St. Louis first might not be the best but in the same regard it could be used in a package deal to move up in the draft. A draft that i find to be one of the strongest in recent memory.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:42 PM
SLAPSHOT723
QU 2014 - Isles Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post
I would do that seven days a week and twice on Sunday. Matt is still young and could be a very good third line type of guy. St. Louis first might not be the best but in the same regard it could be used in a package deal to move up in the draft. A draft that i find to be one of the strongest in recent memory.
This is said every year, I don't take it seriously anymore. If a team gets/wants to give up a 1st round pick that's to equal the value. It doesn't matter if it's a strong draft.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:47 PM
IslandersFan17

Quote:
This is said every year, I don't take it seriously anymore. If a team gets/wants to give up a 1st round pick that's to equal the value. It doesn't matter if it's a strong draft.
I hear ya, but I also feel like some drafts are said to be more "top heavy" than overly deep. This class on the other hand offers a lot of quality top to bottom of the first round.

I fore one would rather someone like Rattie from the Blues but I doubt they trade away Ty

Old
03-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Selke BylsmAdams

vCash: 80
Quote:

Mark Streit
Aaron Ness

Matt D'Agostini
STL 1st 2013

I don't think that's the kind of deal the Blues are looking to make. They seem to be looking for a veteran lefthanded defensive defender to play with Pietrangelo or Shattenkirk. The only part of that that describes Streit is the shoots left part.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:58 PM
SLAPSHOT723
QU 2014 - Isles Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
I don't think that's the kind of deal the Blues are looking to make. They seem to be looking for a veteran lefthanded defensive defender to play with Pietrangelo or Shattenkirk. The only part of that that describes Streit is the shoots left part.
Yeah, that makes sense. I would love to see them get Giordano, but if they can't I don't see why Streit wouldn't be a good fit for the Blues.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:49 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:

Mark Streit
Aaron Ness

Matt D'Agostini
STL 1st 2013

If Snow doesn't get Streit signed to an extension, I'll be pretty unhappy. The ufa market's looking weak. Streit+ Vis look like the best of the ufa d-men. Streit will imo get stronger offers then Snows, if he gets to the ufa market.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:53 PM
CREW99AW

There are a couple of Okposo threads on the main trade board.

1. Staples 9/10 days ago, that Snow's gotten plenty of lowball Okposo offers and isn't interested in trading Okposo for them.

2.24 yr old Okposo, is still in the cheap yrs of his 5 yr contract. This is yr #2/$2m. Next season will be season #3/$3m. The isles are so far below the cap floor, that Okposo's $3m salary is still team friendly.

The head coach made this pregame comment about Okposo, before the last NYI/ Caps game.
https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday
Arthur Staple‏@StapeNewsday
Re: Okposo, Capuano said pregame he doesn't mind mistakes as long as guys are working. Okposo works; not always smart work, but he works.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.newsday.com/sports/column...medium=twitter
BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Kyle Okposo
Coming off shoulder surgery that cost him half of 2010-11, Okposo's slow start last season was explainable. His current one, with two goals in the first half of this season, is less so. He's been playing with more confidence the past month with little to show for it, but he has the faith of his coaches and Garth Snow, who has rebuffed plenty of low-ball offers for the former first-round draft pick.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:03 PM
doublechili

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post

1. Staples 9/10 days ago, that Snow's gotten plenty of lowball Okposo offers and isn't interested in trading Okposo for them.

2.24 yr old Okposo, is still in the cheap yrs of his 5 yr contract. This is yr #2/$2m. Next season will be season #3/$3m. The isles are so far below the cap floor, that Okposo's $3m salary is still team friendly.

The head coach made this pregame comment about Okposo, before the last NYI/ Caps game.
Re: Okposo, Capuano said pregame he doesn't mind mistakes as long as guys are working. Okposo works; not always smart work, but he works.

Coming off shoulder surgery that cost him half of 2010-11, Okposo's slow start last season was explainable. His current one, with two goals in the first half of this season, is less so. He's been playing with more confidence the past month with little to show for it, but he has the faith of his coaches and Garth Snow, who has rebuffed plenty of low-ball offers for the former first-round draft pick.
My big concern with trading Okposo is that he plays under a real coach and becomes exactly the kind of player that the Isles need. IOW, if Cappy isn't long for the team, I'd almost prefer keeping KO to see if the next coach (Weight?) can get more out of him rather than selling low and regretting it later.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:08 PM
Tavaresfan91

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post

I hate Okposo...he can get the **** out of here with Reasoner...lazy and useless players...snow should wait a year I suppose to see if he can bounce back but I doubt he will...never liked the guy even when he was drafted and now I hate him more and more every game. I hope he proves me wrong but I'm sure he won't

Old
03-19-2013, 10:09 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechili View Post
My big concern with trading Okposo is that he plays under a real coach and becomes exactly the kind of player that the Isles need. IOW, if Cappy isn't long for the team, I'd almost prefer keeping KO to see if the next coach (Weight?) can get more out of him rather than selling low and regretting it later.
I don't mind trading Okposo, but don't want to move him when his trade value is so low.

The comments from opposing fans are pretty laughable: I only want him for a 4th, I'd rather have our 5th rounder instead.

Fortunately, because Okposo is still in the cheap yrs of his deal, Snow can wait until Okposo builds up his value again, then if he decides to move him, can trade him in a quality for quality trade.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:45 AM
Bunk Moreland

Nashville has placed Boychuk on waivers as well as Toronto placing Mike Komisarek... People have been pushin Komi towards us for years because of the LI connection

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...06688767762432

Old
03-20-2013, 11:50 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
Nashville has placed Boychuk on waivers as well as Toronto placing Mike Komisarek... People have been pushin Komi towards us for years because of the LI connection

Komi had a NMC, a $3.5m per salary and one more season on his contract. He had to agree to the demotion. He's played only 4 games this season, been a healthy scratch in the rest.

I'm guessing that Nonis has promised to buy him out this summer and convinced him, that playing in the AHL will allow other gms to see he can still contribute.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Komi sign a cheap, 1 yr deal with another team this summer.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:59 AM
A Pointed Stick
No! Slp! Til Brklyn!

Quote:

I was amazed at how many TO fans suggested we should trade for him, and were dead serious.

Holy disconnect Batman.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:12 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
I was amazed at how many TO fans suggested we should trade for him, and were dead serious.

Holy disconnect Batman.
I love how some of them think 4 solid games this season, wipes out the last 3 disappointing seasons

With Carkner and his lack of speed on the 3rd pairing, the last thing the NYI need on the 3rd pairing, is another lumbering ox.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:22 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Quote:

That's his 3rd time on waivers???

03-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeland Security View Post
That's his 3rd time on waivers???
Yeah I think so.. If he gets claimed would be his fourth team this season.

Old
03-20-2013, 02:46 PM
JTforPres2012

Speculation: Mike Komisarek Placed on Waivers

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/m...ek-on-waivers/

Leafs just put Komisarek, obviously I doubt Snow will make a move, but how perfect a fit would he be on the Island. An Islip kid who's a big, solid, ABLE TO PHYSICALLY MOVE, defenseman with years of experience.

Thoughts?

Old
03-20-2013, 02:50 PM
NYI JT91
(Islesallday)

vCash: 50
Would be a good fit, I'd take him and I think snow just might actually. Good #5 or #6 dman...and maybe he flourishes in a much smaller market then MTL and TOR with less pressure

Old
03-20-2013, 02:53 PM
stranger34

would love it, but we are loaded on depth. Only current D I wouldn't mind losing for him is Martinek

Old
03-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

This guy has been done for years, and his salary is prohibitive.

Old
03-20-2013, 02:59 PM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTforPres2012 View Post
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/m...ek-on-waivers/

Leafs just put Komisarek, obviously I doubt Snow will make a move, but how perfect a fit would he be on the Island. An Islip kid who's a big, solid, ABLE TO PHYSICALLY MOVE, defenseman with years of experience.

Thoughts?
West Islip kid. He's been in to my business here in Babylon and he is a really cool guy. I would love for him to be an Islander!

Old
03-20-2013, 03:02 PM
NYI JT91
(Islesallday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger34 View Post
would love it, but we are loaded on depth. Only current D I wouldn't mind losing for him is Martinek
I don't know Martinek has been playing well as has Hickey. Which leave Hamonic, Macdonald, Viz and Streit. I'd honestly rather see Hamonic sit a few games and bring in MK. Then just go from there. Competition can't hurt...will push everyone to play there ***** off

Old
03-20-2013, 03:04 PM
NYI JT91
(Islesallday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
This guy has been done for years, and his salary is prohibitive.
I wouldn't say he's done...but yes his potential was never reached and is not what those teams expected of him (hence the waiver move obviously) but we have the salary and could always use more depth its not like our D is a healthy bunch. I say give him a shot and see what he does on a small market team...maybe he thrives and makes the dman around him play better as they may be afraid to find themselves in the press box

Closed Thread