HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kyle Okposo

Old
04-03-2013, 08:52 AM
TamaTavares

vCash: 500
Kyle Okposo

Do you think a team could be tricked into thinking he's worth a lot more than he really is? We'll throw in Reasoner for free.

TamaTavares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 09:39 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Okposo has been playing really well for the last stretch and honestly looked like a different player from what we've seen early in the season. With the 1st line slumping, our 2nd line has picked up the slack and we wouldn't be in playoff contention without them. Now is not the time to move him IMO.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 09:49 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Okposo has been playing really well for the last stretch and honestly looked like a different player from what we've seen early in the season. With the 1st line slumping, our 2nd line has picked up the slack and we wouldn't be in playoff contention without them. Now is not the time to move him IMO.
This.

I wanted Okposo off the team as much as anyone, but he's been so good recently. Skating really hard every second of his shift, hounding the puck carrier.

Offseason maybe. Not now though.

Riseonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:32 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaTavares View Post
Do you think a team could be tricked into thinking he's worth a lot more than he really is? We'll throw in Reasoner for free.
TamaTavares, I guess you've been unable to catch the isles games over the last month, missed seeing Okposo turn his season around?

He's been one of the isles best players over that stretch. The Bailey-Nielsen-Okposo line has been the isles best line for the last 2-3 weeks, pushing the isles into a playoff spot.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:54 AM
CREW99AW

I wish the isles could get this effort, from the start of the season.

I'm not sure if it's conditioning or if he's one of those players who needs a hardnosed coach to push him.

Last edited by spiny norman: 04-03-2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: qdp
Old
04-03-2013, 10:55 AM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaTavares View Post
I've been the biggest advocate for moving him for the past year+.

That being said, the Bailey-Nielsen-Okposo line has been playing very well the past 10+ games. It would be hard to break up this line at the moment given it's something that's working for us and we're fighting for the playoffs.

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:58 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
This.

I wanted Okposo off the team as much as anyone, but he's been so good recently. Skating really hard every second of his shift, hounding the puck carrier.

Offseason maybe. Not now though.
Okposo has changed his approach. He realizes that working hard along the boards is important and hes been busting his behind the last month or so. His linemates have reaped the benefits of his grinding. The Bailey-Nielsen-Okposo line has been very solid in both ends for a while now, and Bailey looks like hes turning a corner. Im glad we didnt react like most HFers did, calling a 22 yr old a bust.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:10 AM
Chardo

You notice every reply is from an Islanders fan?

BTW, throwing in Reasoner makes the trade worse for the other team.

Chardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:30 AM
luki here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardo View Post

reasoner is a bad player, but there are probably a bunch of teams that need a good face-off and pk-guy. Edmonton was supposedly interested in the first half of the season.

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:00 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:

Newsday reported in early March, that Snow had been getting plenty of lowball offers this season for KO and rejected them.

What are other teams fans gonna do? Repeat their own lowball offers from earlier in the season?
If Snow refused to take a lowball offer when Okposo was struggling, why would he take a lowball offer when he's playing well?

Old
04-03-2013, 01:11 PM
startainfection

have you watched a single islands game the last month?

startainfection is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:36 PM
ktrio730

Send a message via AIM to ktrio730
Okposo has seriously turned around his game.

He's doing everything except scoring a ton of goals. His work in the corners and his battle level (lol) are as high as anyone on the team right now.

He signed a team-friendly deal, and is notoriously a second-half, garbage time player. Except for the first time since he's been here, it's not garbage time, it's a legitimate playoff push. So we'll see what we get out of him, but I for one think he is going to be one of our most valuable players coming down the stretch.

ktrio730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Chairman Wang

Quote:
How many non-Islander fans actually watch Islander games?

Chairman Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Wang View Post
How many non-Islander fans actually watch Islander games?
Every team they've faced and some other fans just interested. They were also on NBC.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:54 PM
ATdaisuki
invisible

i don't know about other sens fans, but i'd be interested if the price is right. the only problem is, i don't think you guys need skilled centers, so da costa is most likely out of the question as a piece. what are your needs?

ATdaisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 08:51 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATdaisuki View Post
i don't know about other sens fans, but i'd be interested if the price is right. the only problem is, i don't think you guys need skilled centers, so da costa is most likely out of the question as a piece. what are your needs?
Read thru the thread about how well Okposo is now playing, how well the team is playing and then ask yourself why Snow would trade him away to a team looking for a bargain?

Old
04-04-2013, 08:53 AM
wej20

I don't think they'd sell low on him, what are the Isles looking for if they deal him?

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 08:57 AM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
I don't think they'd sell low on him, what are the Isles looking for if they deal him?
A better right winger, which is pretty much not going to happen unless it's a major draft-day blockbuster.

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:07 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post

For Okposo to be a key part in an upgrade for a 20 something 1st line winger.

Or a 20 something top 4 d-man, who's pushing one of Hamonic/Vis/MacDonald/Strait for top 4 mins.

Isles have a glut of youngsters and won't be looking a depth trade.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:19 AM
ATdaisuki
invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Read thru the thread about how well Okposo is now playing, how well the team is playing and then ask yourself why Snow would trade him away to a team looking for a bargain?
obviously i'm not looking to rob the isles. i'm also curious as to what his value is. tell me your needs then offer me something, or just let me construct something then tell me how close i am. i like doing these fictional trade proposals and don't get offended when someone tells me i'm not even close.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Dan-o16

Quote:
obviously i'm not looking to rob the isles. i'm also curious as to what his value is. tell me your needs then offer me something, or just let me construct something then tell me how close i am. i like doing these fictional trade proposals and don't get offended when someone tells me i'm not even close.
To Anaheim
Okie
Nino
2013 1st
2013 3rd

To NYI
Bobby Ryan

I don't know if it's enough (I seriously doubt it is), but that's the only kind of deal that makes much sense.

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:52 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
He's played 6 crappy weeks, followed by 4 good weeks. We know that Snow realized his value is higher to the NYI, then to other teams because Snow's reportedly rejected plenty of offers he considered lowball offers.

Dan-o16 is on the right track, although I wouldn't offer either Nino or Okposo in deals at this point. Why trade a young player at a time, his trade value has taken a hit?

Old
04-04-2013, 10:05 AM
ATdaisuki
invisible

a better winger? i'm a sens fan, so looking at our right wing nhl depth:
michalek (lw/rw) - not moving for a downgrade
alfie - going to retire here
silfverberg - not moving him
neil - much needed grit in our roster, not moving + skill downgrade on okposo
condra - skill downgrade, so you're probably no interested

our top rw prospect is mark stone. has the potential to produce more than okposo, but might not reach it. if you're starting to want to compete, you're not looking for a prospect that may or may not be better.

there's not much i can help you with, so i guess it's a no deal. it's too bad, i wanted him to round out our top nine after alfie retires

greening - spezza - michalek
conacher - turris - okposo
latendresse - zibanejad - silf