HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBC NHL Schedule???

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2003, 10:31 AM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
CBC NHL Schedule???

I just read on another site that CBC are carrying 26 Leaf games, 14 Sens and 12 Habs... Since the Habs play the Leafs 6 times on Saturday and the Sens 4 times on Saturday then we will see the Habs on CBC English only 2 other times? That sucks... they will show a Leafs and Nashville game, meanwhile the Habs are playing the Devils or Philly... you get my drift... I would say since the Sens are the best team they should have a bigger share? I can watch a Sens game, the Leafs I can't stomach unless it's the Habs they are playing.

Old
09-24-2003, 11:00 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
I just read on another site that CBC are carrying 26 Leaf games, 14 Sens and 12 Habs... Since the Habs play the Leafs 6 times on Saturday and the Sens 4 times on Saturday then we will see the Habs on CBC English only 2 other times? That sucks... they will show a Leafs and Nashville game, meanwhile the Habs are playing the Devils or Philly... you get my drift... I would say since the Sens are the best team they should have a bigger share? I can watch a Sens game, the Leafs I can't stomach unless it's the Habs they are playing.
You aren't used to this by now?????

The other two habs games will probablely be against EDM (the outdoor game), and a game on SuperBowl Sunday.

Old
09-24-2003, 11:14 AM
Habber

Get a dish and watch all the games in English. Last year there were maybe 5 games broadcast in English. CBC's production and commentators are bland anyway. On Centre Ice you get the opposing team's announcers, sometimes they're good good, sometimes they're terrible, but you get a different a lot of different views of the Habs which is good.

Old
09-24-2003, 11:45 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
Get a dish and watch all the games in English. Last year there were maybe 5 games broadcast in English. CBC's production and commentators are bland anyway. On Centre Ice you get the opposing team's announcers, sometimes they're good good, sometimes they're terrible, but you get a different a lot of different views of the Habs which is good.
......or do as my brother does. He has digital cable through Shaw cable up here in Thunder Bay. For an extra $2 a month he get RDS which carries all habs games. Sure they are in French, but heck sometimes I like them better that way. I don't need announcers to tell me what's going on during the game, that's what I have eyes for.

Old
09-24-2003, 12:05 PM
dRock

personally, I find my self watching the habs games on the french channel anyways... I can't stand Harry Neil and Bob Cole. Just mute the volume, put on some music and drink some beer with your friends... works great for me..

peace

Old
09-24-2003, 12:30 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRock
... Just mute the volume, put on some music and drink some beer with your friends... works great for me..

peace
That's exactly what I would do, if I had friends

No kidding, I usually watch the games with the sound OFF and some loud "mood music" on.

Old
09-24-2003, 12:50 PM
Habber

The one really good thing about some of the feeds you get on Centre Ice, especially the southern states, is the fight coverage.

When's there's a scrap they'll commentate it and even show a few replays. It's pretty funny sometimes cause the announcers get excited.

Not like CBC who pans onto a fight after it's half over and then doesn't show any replays of it at all.

Old
09-24-2003, 12:53 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRock
personally, I find my self watching the habs games on the french channel anyways... I can't stand Harry Neil and Bob Cole. Just mute the volume, put on some music and drink some beer with your friends... works great for me..

peace
Hockey was meant to be listened to in French anyways.

"He Scorrrrrres!!!" doesn't sound as good as "C'est le Buuuuut!!!" :p

All-Star

Old
09-24-2003, 04:03 PM
[ GSGS ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star
Hockey was meant to be listened to in French anyways.

"He Scorrrrrres!!!" doesn't sound as good as "C'est le Buuuuut!!!" :p

All-Star
You didn't heard Pittsburgh commentators or Buffalo commentators, did you? They are crazy when a goal is scored

Old
09-24-2003, 07:33 PM
fulk hogan

I liked it when SRC (I think) was having labour troubles and there were no commentators. They turned up the crowd noise instead which was much better.

Closed Thread