HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

GDT: Milwaukee @ San Antonio 4:30 CST

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-17-2005, 07:37 AM
  #1
Pred303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Murfreesboro, Tn.
Country: United States
Posts: 2,747
vCash: 500
GDT: Milwaukee @ San Antonio 4:30 CST

Last game. Milwaukee with nothing left to play for except momentum and confidence. And to try to beat last year's point total(102),going into today with 101. And to punish the San Antonio franchise,who pretty much made them lose the division with their ridiculous giving away of their best players(weiss,bouwmeester) to Chicago.

Individual motivations are there....Fiddler,Smith,Upshall all with 19 goals trying to get to the 'magic' 20 mark,Haydar with 49 points trying to get to '50'. Hamhuis has fallen to 2nd in defenseman scoring(51) behind Kronwall(53).

Expect Kotyk in net. Tootoo's shoulder status(evidently reinjured yesterday)has to be a major,major worry for the playoffs.

Probably the biggest thing today is how Houston and Cincinnati come out in their two games.I'm sure Milwaukee hopes Houston wins their game against Utah today while Grand Rapids beats Cincinnati. That scenario would mean Milwaukee catches Houston first round. Any other outcome in those two games means Milwaukee has to play Cincinnati first round,a team they have had real trouble with this year.

Pred303 is offline  
Old
04-17-2005, 01:12 PM
  #2
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 30,880
vCash: 500
i hope they lose.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
04-17-2005, 02:48 PM
  #3
handtrick
Registered User
 
handtrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 3,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
i hope they lose.
Nice ...

handtrick is offline  
Old
04-17-2005, 03:54 PM
  #4
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 30,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
Nice ...

sorry. i just don't see much to like about this team, right now. it's hard to support a team that's quit like they have. The Preds always won games not based on talent, but on pure guts and heart. It's embarassing that our minor league team isn't representative of that. Instead, they're like the teams that we used to beat...all the skill in the world...and they expect to win because of it. Well, we see how that's working.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
04-17-2005, 04:07 PM
  #5
handtrick
Registered User
 
handtrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 3,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
sorry. i just don't see much to like about this team, right now. it's hard to support a team that's quit like they have. The Preds always won games not based on talent, but on pure guts and heart. It's embarassing that our minor league team isn't representative of that. Instead, they're like the teams that we used to beat...all the skill in the world...and they expect to win because of it. Well, we see how that's working.

all your points are valid and they have been very frustrating to watch over the past few weeks. I just have to admit...I haven't pictured you as the "bandwaggoner" type before...

handtrick is offline  
Old
04-17-2005, 04:09 PM
  #6
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 30,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
all your points are valid and they have been very frustrating to watch over the past few weeks. I just have to admit...I haven't pictured you as the "bandwaggoner" type before...

It has nothing to do with being on a bandwagon. If the team were losing games they were fighting to win, I'd have no issue here. Instead, they're not showing up for games they SHOULD win.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
04-17-2005, 04:22 PM
  #7
handtrick
Registered User
 
handtrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 3,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
It has nothing to do with being on a bandwagon. If the team were losing games they were fighting to win, I'd have no issue here. Instead, they're not showing up for games they SHOULD win.
My bad, I must have taken it the wrong way.....it seemed to me you were turning your back on them....evidently that wasn't the case...

handtrick is offline  
Old
04-17-2005, 04:36 PM
  #8
Pred303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Murfreesboro, Tn.
Country: United States
Posts: 2,747
vCash: 500
for the guys that are giving their all and for the guys that need to develop to help the predators i hope they win. Screw the others,that's what this is really all about,helping the predators see who is ready

Pred303 is offline  
Old
04-17-2005, 04:55 PM
  #9
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 30,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
My bad, I must have taken it the wrong way.....it seemed to me you were turning your back on them....evidently that wasn't the case...

No, that is the case. I'm a Predators fan..and I'd be disgusted if they were playing this way. I'd be a bit more forgiving because I'm a fan of the team. As far as the Admirals go...I cheer them on...but in the end, I don't give two squirts about them outside the fact that some of our players are on the team and I want them to succeed. If our affiliation ever ended, I'd still be a Predators fan but you can bet your bottom I wouldn't be watching too many more Admirals games. My attention would be turned to our new affiliate. With that in mind, when a team is turning into heartless mush the way the Ads are, it's extremely hard to care about them.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
04-17-2005, 05:07 PM
  #10
handtrick
Registered User
 
handtrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 3,090
vCash: 500
My ONLY reason for giving two squirts about Milwaukee, like you, is seeing the future Predator core [Suter, Klein, Hamhuis, Finley, Tootoo....] and the other probable Preds [Pivko, Gamache, Hutch, Shish, Upshall] develop to their potential for the sole reason of seeing them in a Pred uniform in the near future. Also, no doubt, the reason why we have followed the Remparts and Rockets this year.

That being said....I still hope they get their sh|t together to maximize their march into the playoffs both to get the future Preds experience, but also a fan of this years team.

handtrick is offline  
Old
04-17-2005, 05:52 PM
  #11
Pred303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Murfreesboro, Tn.
Country: United States
Posts: 2,747
vCash: 500
good news on tootoo's injury for sure.....guess this means neither brown nor segal will be on the roster for the first series

Pred303 is offline  
Old
04-17-2005, 05:55 PM
  #12
Pred303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Murfreesboro, Tn.
Country: United States
Posts: 2,747
vCash: 500
grand rapids and cinci tied 2-2 late in the game...houston leads utah 1-0 in the first...these two games will determine who the ads catch in the first round

Pred303 is offline  
Old
04-17-2005, 06:14 PM
  #13
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 22,743
vCash: 500
special teams waking up tonight ... 2-5 on the PP and 5 for 5 on the PK

Dave is a killer is offline  
Old
04-17-2005, 07:05 PM
  #14
Pred303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Murfreesboro, Tn.
Country: United States
Posts: 2,747
vCash: 500
kotyk...with a goal!

Pred303 is offline  
Old
04-17-2005, 07:05 PM
  #15
sparkle twin
Curse strikes again!
 
sparkle twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,856
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Kotyk scores!!!!


and Fiddler scores too.


...and now Paul Brown scored!

sparkle twin is offline  
Old
04-17-2005, 07:11 PM
  #16
sparkle twin
Curse strikes again!
 
sparkle twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,856
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
and the 2004-05 regular season is over. Ads win 6-1, with 3 goals in 50 seconds. Playoffs start Wednesday vs Ducks.

Go Ads!!!

sparkle twin is offline  
Old
04-17-2005, 07:25 PM
  #17
quartermaster29
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 487
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303
Kotyk scores!!!!


and Fiddler scores too.


...and now Paul Brown scored!
Ok... for those of us poor saps that had yard work today... how the blessed heck did Kotyk score?!?

quartermaster29 is offline  
Old
04-17-2005, 07:27 PM
  #18
sparkle twin
Curse strikes again!
 
sparkle twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,856
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
It was an empty net, and he just lifted it up and it went down the ice and slid right into the corner. Kyle and Tootoo went nuts on the radio. Tootoo called Kotyk "Hextal Jr."

sparkle twin is offline  
Old
04-17-2005, 09:26 PM
  #19
Pred303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Murfreesboro, Tn.
Country: United States
Posts: 2,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartermaster29
Ok... for those of us poor saps that had yard work today... how the blessed heck did Kotyk score?!?
well q-master it was like this,a real thing of beauty...kotyk gives up a long rebound...and skates out to get it himself...looks up and sees upshall on one wing and gamache on the other...so he drives straight up ice...jukes at the blueline and beats one guy...hits gamache in stride breaking over the blueline with a beaut of a tape to tape pass and just keeps skating straight down the slot on a give and go...kotyk is so wide open(no doubt due to the total surprise of him joining in the rush),no one can believe it...kotyk starts banging his stick on the ice screaming he's open...gamache hits him with a quick pass after at first hesitating(gamache couldn't beleive kotyk was in the rush either,so he was somewhat slow)...kotyk goes forehand,and swings the puck way out wide...then drags it across quickly to his backhand....Travis Scott goes sprawling,throwing his stick in a last gasp chance to knock the puck off kotyk's stick...but kotyk reads it and pulls up just short...and backhands this little flip shot over the diving scott's stretched out glove..and roofs a beauty...goal...kotyk!

still cann't figure out why gamache and upshall didn't get assists on the play

Pred303 is offline  
Old
04-17-2005, 09:55 PM
  #20
sparkle twin
Curse strikes again!
 
sparkle twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,856
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
well q-master it was like this,a real thing of beauty...kotyk gives up a long rebound...and skates out to get it himself...looks up and sees upshall on one wing and gamache on the other...so he drives straight up ice...jukes at the blueline and beats one guy...hits gamache in stride breaking over the blueline with a beaut of a tape to tape pass and just keeps skating straight down the slot on a give and go...kotyk is so wide open(no doubt due to the total surprise of him joining in the rush),no one can believe it...kotyk starts banging his stick on the ice screaming he's open...gamache hits him with a quick pass after at first hesitating(gamache couldn't beleive kotyk was in the rush either,so he was somewhat slow)...kotyk goes forehand,and swings the puck way out wide...then drags it across quickly to his backhand....Travis Scott goes sprawling,throwing his stick in a last gasp chance to knock the puck off kotyk's stick...but kotyk reads it and pulls up just short...and backhands this little flip shot over the diving scott's stretched out glove..and roofs a beauty...goal...kotyk!

still cann't figure out why gamache and upshall didn't get assists on the play
It was all Kotyk, beat the guy on the blue line, the great outlet pass, the nice moves to get Travis Scott down. Really now, with moves like that who needs assists?

sparkle twin is offline  
Old
04-18-2005, 12:07 AM
  #21
What
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
So has Kotyk almost caught up to Pivko now in the point totals???

What is offline  
Old
04-18-2005, 06:17 AM
  #22
Pred303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Murfreesboro, Tn.
Country: United States
Posts: 2,747
vCash: 500
almost....kotyk now with 1 even strength goal in 23 games played,pivko with 2 even strength goals in 56 games played...so kotyk is averaging more goals/per game played....however pivko is better on the pk defensively

Pred303 is offline  
Old
04-18-2005, 10:27 AM
  #23
quartermaster29
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 487
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
well q-master it was like this,a real thing of beauty...kotyk gives up a long rebound...and skates out to get it himself...looks up and sees upshall on one wing and gamache on the other...so he drives straight up ice...jukes at the blueline and beats one guy...hits gamache in stride breaking over the blueline with a beaut of a tape to tape pass and just keeps skating straight down the slot on a give and go...kotyk is so wide open(no doubt due to the total surprise of him joining in the rush),no one can believe it...kotyk starts banging his stick on the ice screaming he's open...gamache hits him with a quick pass after at first hesitating(gamache couldn't beleive kotyk was in the rush either,so he was somewhat slow)...kotyk goes forehand,and swings the puck way out wide...then drags it across quickly to his backhand....Travis Scott goes sprawling,throwing his stick in a last gasp chance to knock the puck off kotyk's stick...but kotyk reads it and pulls up just short...and backhands this little flip shot over the diving scott's stretched out glove..and roofs a beauty...goal...kotyk!

still cann't figure out why gamache and upshall didn't get assists on the play
Just one word for all that... PBTH!!!!

quartermaster29 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.