HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

GDT: Milwaukee @ San Antonio 4:30 CST

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2005, 07:37 AM
Pred303

vCash: 500
GDT: Milwaukee @ San Antonio 4:30 CST

Last game. Milwaukee with nothing left to play for except momentum and confidence. And to try to beat last year's point total(102),going into today with 101. And to punish the San Antonio franchise,who pretty much made them lose the division with their ridiculous giving away of their best players(weiss,bouwmeester) to Chicago.

Individual motivations are there....Fiddler,Smith,Upshall all with 19 goals trying to get to the 'magic' 20 mark,Haydar with 49 points trying to get to '50'. Hamhuis has fallen to 2nd in defenseman scoring(51) behind Kronwall(53).

Expect Kotyk in net. Tootoo's shoulder status(evidently reinjured yesterday)has to be a major,major worry for the playoffs.

Probably the biggest thing today is how Houston and Cincinnati come out in their two games.I'm sure Milwaukee hopes Houston wins their game against Utah today while Grand Rapids beats Cincinnati. That scenario would mean Milwaukee catches Houston first round. Any other outcome in those two games means Milwaukee has to play Cincinnati first round,a team they have had real trouble with this year.

Old
04-17-2005, 01:12 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

i hope they lose.

Old
04-17-2005, 02:48 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
i hope they lose.
Nice ...

Old
04-17-2005, 03:54 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
Nice ...

sorry. i just don't see much to like about this team, right now. it's hard to support a team that's quit like they have. The Preds always won games not based on talent, but on pure guts and heart. It's embarassing that our minor league team isn't representative of that. Instead, they're like the teams that we used to beat...all the skill in the world...and they expect to win because of it. Well, we see how that's working.

Old
04-17-2005, 04:07 PM
handtrick

Quote:
sorry. i just don't see much to like about this team, right now. it's hard to support a team that's quit like they have. The Preds always won games not based on talent, but on pure guts and heart. It's embarassing that our minor league team isn't representative of that. Instead, they're like the teams that we used to beat...all the skill in the world...and they expect to win because of it. Well, we see how that's working.

all your points are valid and they have been very frustrating to watch over the past few weeks. I just have to admit...I haven't pictured you as the "bandwaggoner" type before...

Old
04-17-2005, 04:09 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
all your points are valid and they have been very frustrating to watch over the past few weeks. I just have to admit...I haven't pictured you as the "bandwaggoner" type before...

It has nothing to do with being on a bandwagon. If the team were losing games they were fighting to win, I'd have no issue here. Instead, they're not showing up for games they SHOULD win.

Old
04-17-2005, 04:22 PM
handtrick

Quote:
It has nothing to do with being on a bandwagon. If the team were losing games they were fighting to win, I'd have no issue here. Instead, they're not showing up for games they SHOULD win.
My bad, I must have taken it the wrong way.....it seemed to me you were turning your back on them....evidently that wasn't the case...

Old
04-17-2005, 04:36 PM
Pred303

for the guys that are giving their all and for the guys that need to develop to help the predators i hope they win. Screw the others,that's what this is really all about,helping the predators see who is ready

Old
04-17-2005, 04:55 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
My bad, I must have taken it the wrong way.....it seemed to me you were turning your back on them....evidently that wasn't the case...

No, that is the case. I'm a Predators fan..and I'd be disgusted if they were playing this way. I'd be a bit more forgiving because I'm a fan of the team. As far as the Admirals go...I cheer them on...but in the end, I don't give two squirts about them outside the fact that some of our players are on the team and I want them to succeed. If our affiliation ever ended, I'd still be a Predators fan but you can bet your bottom I wouldn't be watching too many more Admirals games. My attention would be turned to our new affiliate. With that in mind, when a team is turning into heartless mush the way the Ads are, it's extremely hard to care about them.

Old
04-17-2005, 05:07 PM
handtrick

My ONLY reason for giving two squirts about Milwaukee, like you, is seeing the future Predator core [Suter, Klein, Hamhuis, Finley, Tootoo....] and the other probable Preds [Pivko, Gamache, Hutch, Shish, Upshall] develop to their potential for the sole reason of seeing them in a Pred uniform in the near future. Also, no doubt, the reason why we have followed the Remparts and Rockets this year.

That being said....I still hope they get their sh|t together to maximize their march into the playoffs both to get the future Preds experience, but also a fan of this years team.

Old
04-17-2005, 05:52 PM
Pred303

good news on tootoo's injury for sure.....guess this means neither brown nor segal will be on the roster for the first series

Old
04-17-2005, 05:55 PM
Pred303

grand rapids and cinci tied 2-2 late in the game...houston leads utah 1-0 in the first...these two games will determine who the ads catch in the first round

Old
04-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

special teams waking up tonight ... 2-5 on the PP and 5 for 5 on the PK

Old
04-17-2005, 07:05 PM
Pred303

kotyk...with a goal!

Old
04-17-2005, 07:05 PM
sparkle twin
Curse strikes again!

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Kotyk scores!!!!

and Fiddler scores too.

...and now Paul Brown scored!

Old
04-17-2005, 07:11 PM
sparkle twin
Curse strikes again!

and the 2004-05 regular season is over. Ads win 6-1, with 3 goals in 50 seconds. Playoffs start Wednesday vs Ducks.

Go Ads!!!

Old
04-17-2005, 07:25 PM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303
Kotyk scores!!!!

and Fiddler scores too.

...and now Paul Brown scored!
Ok... for those of us poor saps that had yard work today... how the blessed heck did Kotyk score?!?

Old
04-17-2005, 07:27 PM
sparkle twin
Curse strikes again!

It was an empty net, and he just lifted it up and it went down the ice and slid right into the corner. Kyle and Tootoo went nuts on the radio. Tootoo called Kotyk "Hextal Jr."

Old
04-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartermaster29
Ok... for those of us poor saps that had yard work today... how the blessed heck did Kotyk score?!?
well q-master it was like this,a real thing of beauty...kotyk gives up a long rebound...and skates out to get it himself...looks up and sees upshall on one wing and gamache on the other...so he drives straight up ice...jukes at the blueline and beats one guy...hits gamache in stride breaking over the blueline with a beaut of a tape to tape pass and just keeps skating straight down the slot on a give and go...kotyk is so wide open(no doubt due to the total surprise of him joining in the rush),no one can believe it...kotyk starts banging his stick on the ice screaming he's open...gamache hits him with a quick pass after at first hesitating(gamache couldn't beleive kotyk was in the rush either,so he was somewhat slow)...kotyk goes forehand,and swings the puck way out wide...then drags it across quickly to his backhand....Travis Scott goes sprawling,throwing his stick in a last gasp chance to knock the puck off kotyk's stick...but kotyk reads it and pulls up just short...and backhands this little flip shot over the diving scott's stretched out glove..and roofs a beauty...goal...kotyk!

still cann't figure out why gamache and upshall didn't get assists on the play

Old
04-17-2005, 09:55 PM
sparkle twin
Curse strikes again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
well q-master it was like this,a real thing of beauty...kotyk gives up a long rebound...and skates out to get it himself...looks up and sees upshall on one wing and gamache on the other...so he drives straight up ice...jukes at the blueline and beats one guy...hits gamache in stride breaking over the blueline with a beaut of a tape to tape pass and just keeps skating straight down the slot on a give and go...kotyk is so wide open(no doubt due to the total surprise of him joining in the rush),no one can believe it...kotyk starts banging his stick on the ice screaming he's open...gamache hits him with a quick pass after at first hesitating(gamache couldn't beleive kotyk was in the rush either,so he was somewhat slow)...kotyk goes forehand,and swings the puck way out wide...then drags it across quickly to his backhand....Travis Scott goes sprawling,throwing his stick in a last gasp chance to knock the puck off kotyk's stick...but kotyk reads it and pulls up just short...and backhands this little flip shot over the diving scott's stretched out glove..and roofs a beauty...goal...kotyk!

It was all Kotyk, beat the guy on the blue line, the great outlet pass, the nice moves to get Travis Scott down. Really now, with moves like that who needs assists?

Old
04-18-2005, 12:07 AM
What

So has Kotyk almost caught up to Pivko now in the point totals???

Old
04-18-2005, 06:17 AM
Pred303

almost....kotyk now with 1 even strength goal in 23 games played,pivko with 2 even strength goals in 56 games played...so kotyk is averaging more goals/per game played....however pivko is better on the pk defensively

Old
04-18-2005, 10:27 AM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303

Just one word for all that... PBTH!!!!

Closed Thread