HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kiprusoff will stay with Flames & retire

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-03-2013, 03:04 PM
  #151
Ryp37
Registered User
 
Ryp37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Did a Canucks fan just acknowledge that Luongo's contract is among the worst in the league??
No I was responding to Leaf fans calling it the worst in the league

Ryp37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 03:08 PM
  #152
Rinzler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,929
vCash: 500
His heart isn't in it anymore. Gotta respect that he took the high road instead of forcing a couple more years out of his body.

In the end I think it's for the best. Would have liked to see a Veteran back up in case things went south for Reimer but I'm good with how things are.

Just happy Nonis didn't go after Luongo.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 03:46 PM
  #153
Hammerheart
Now how about a hug?
 
Hammerheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Do we really need ANOTHER Kiprusoff thread?
Is it really bothering you that bad?

Hammerheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:01 PM
  #154
Langdon Alger*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
As it was with Iginla, Kipper did an awful lot for the Flames and the city of Calgary. I think accommodating their last wishes as members of this team was the classy thing to do, even if it meant sacrificing some of the return.

Langdon Alger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:09 PM
  #155
HolyShot*
Sniper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 2,015
vCash: 500
I think feasters interested in bernier. I could see a deal go down between these two teams.

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:07 PM
  #156
TTOMO
Registered User
 
TTOMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Port Moody, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzak View Post
Honourable family decision. You can never fault a man for putting his family first. Good on Kiprusoff.
Definitely. Much respect to Kipper for that.

TTOMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:43 PM
  #157
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket
 
ForsbergForever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,705
vCash: 500
"Family" reasons or not, Kipper can't have much of a love for the game if he's calling it quits at 36. That's really bailing on the team, just giving up and saying you can't move me because I retire. I wish I could explain my sentiments better, it just irks me for some reason...Is it really because he wants to devote all his time to the wife and kids / completely lost the competitive fire / or like others have said, the paycheck just didn't look like enough to keep going?


Last edited by ForsbergForever: 04-03-2013 at 05:49 PM.
ForsbergForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:45 PM
  #158
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,830
vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergForever View Post
"Family" reasons or not, Kipper can't have much of a love for the game if he's calling it quits at 36. That's really bailing on the team, just giving up and saying you can't move me because I retire. I wish I could explain my sentiments better, it just irks me for some reason...
I feel the same way, but its blasphemy to say it on the Flames board.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:50 PM
  #159
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker
 
VaporTrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Buffalo
Country: Ireland
Posts: 2,502
vCash: 500
Adios Kippur !

VaporTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:53 PM
  #160
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
I didn't think it made sense for Toronto to pick up Kipprusoff anyways. He's the worst starting goalie in the league for one. Secondly, he seems like a weird recluse so I can't see him being a good "Mentor" for Reimer.
What about Khabibulin? Obviously a lot cheaper, and by all accounts he's been a great mentor for Dubnyk, a Stanley Cup winner, and can still play at a high level in limited games.
Yes, drunk drivers make excellent mentors. Kipper would have been a lousy mentor, Khabibulin would be worse.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:09 PM
  #161
Beukeboom Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 11,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I feel the same way, but its blasphemy to say it on the Flames board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergForever View Post
"Family" reasons or not, Kipper can't have much of a love for the game if he's calling it quits at 36. That's really bailing on the team, just giving up and saying you can't move me because I retire. I wish I could explain my sentiments better, it just irks me for some reason...Is it really because he wants to devote all his time to the wife and kids / completely lost the competitive fire / or like others have said, the paycheck just didn't look like enough to keep going?
It would probably irk me less if Kipper "coincidentally" was going to make more than "only" $1M next year, and from media reports a part of his agents discussions with the Leafs related to a contract extension.

Maybe I'm being too judgemental, but it just seems to me that Kipper was trying to avoid fulfilling his contract, and decided that it wasn't worth $1M to play next year. Makes me really glad that the CBA included the "equalization" for the retirement contract even if my favorite team will be potentially impacted.

And I've got no problem with Kipper retiring. I just would have rather that he said "not reporting" rather than "Well, talk to my agent and see what we can negotiate for 2014-15. Sorry Mr. Nonis, that's not good enough, I'm done."

Obviously - I don't have all the background info, but like II's post above - it just irks me.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:14 PM
  #162
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,909
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman47 View Post
I think feasters interested in bernier. I could see a deal go down between these two teams.
I doubt it, management seems very high on both Ramo and Berra. The most likely course of action is re-signing MacDonald and starting with Ramo- MacDonald while Berra starts in the ahl. If Berra proves himself he gets called up and MacDonald gets traded/waived.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:25 PM
  #163
Beville
#ForTheBoys
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Engerlanddd!
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,551
vCash: 500
All the best for Kipper, deffo one of my favourite goalies...

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:25 PM
  #164
jimmycarter
Registered User
 
jimmycarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,936
vCash: 500
so glad leafs didn't get him.

jimmycarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:30 PM
  #165
North
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Yes, drunk drivers make excellent mentors. Kipper would have been a lousy mentor, Khabibulin would be worse.
Wow. Khabby did something incredibly stupid. He did his time and hasn't done anything like it again.

He's really good with Dubnyk and seems to be a fine mentor for him. Dubnyk hasn't been affected adversely by Khabby's presence, so maybe he's not worse.

North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:52 PM
  #166
Sports
McDavid
 
Sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: McDavid
Country: United States
Posts: 3,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzak View Post
Honourable family decision. You can never fault a man for putting his family first. Good on Kiprusoff.
You know whats more honorable than putting your family first?
Honoring contracts that you willingly signed.

Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:06 PM
  #167
Hoser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,146
vCash: 500
You never quit a job?

He's not chattel, he's a human being. With a life outside of playing hockey.


Last edited by EastonBlues22: 04-03-2013 at 10:06 PM. Reason: not needed
Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:51 PM
  #168
flameaholic
Registered User
 
flameaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycarter View Post
so glad leafs didn't get him.
Don't worry, he was never going to come. I think he knew he would look ugly in a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey!

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:52 PM
  #169
FakeKidPoker*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,679
vCash: 500
Found this funny.. everyone reported this a week ago and Dreger came along looking for TSN ratings was like no no no.

Then reports it today like it is a scoop

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:57 PM
  #170
saillias
Registered User
 
saillias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undecided View Post
You know whats more honorable than putting your family first?
Honoring contracts that you willingly signed.
It was speculated from the moment he signed that contract in 2008 that the last season was intentional cap-diving and he would be retiring rather than playing for 1.5 mil. You're getting real preachy without knowing the details.

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:06 PM
  #171
LMFAO
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Yes, drunk drivers make excellent mentors. Kipper would have been a lousy mentor, Khabibulin would be worse.
WHat is wrong with you ? i'd like to meet a guy who never screwed up in his life, if you claim to be one you're either an hypocrite or did absolutely nothing with your life.

LMFAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:06 AM
  #172
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User
 
Kevin8se7en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
He will always bleed teal - a true sharks legend.


Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:28 AM
  #173
Roboholic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
He will always bleed teal - a true sharks legend.

Haha.

Roboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:01 AM
  #174
JS19
Four Kicks
 
JS19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Shark Tank
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Yes, drunk drivers make excellent mentors. Kipper would have been a lousy mentor, Khabibulin would be worse.
A person's past is a great indicator of how they'll act in the future, isn't it?

Get a clue and see how positive an effect Khabi is having on Dubnyk before you spew retarded garbage like this

JS19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 03:18 AM
  #175
mikko1995
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergForever View Post
"Family" reasons or not, Kipper can't have much of a love for the game if he's calling it quits at 36. That's really bailing on the team, just giving up and saying you can't move me because I retire. I wish I could explain my sentiments better, it just irks me for some reason...Is it really because he wants to devote all his time to the wife and kids / completely lost the competitive fire / or like others have said, the paycheck just didn't look like enough to keep going?
I don't think retiring at 36 is too bad? Sure most continue to play until 37, 38, 39, but I don't think retiring one or two years before than most is such a bad thing.

mikko1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.