HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bergevin : Does he get a pass on reputation?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-03-2013, 09:28 PM
  #1
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,461
vCash: 500
Bergevin : Does he get a pass on reputation?

Some(Most) will not agree.

But, I don't think Bergevin is that good of a GM. To evaluate his players. He has the right mentality and he also has a good approach in player management wise/philosophy.

He made some bad moves IMO
-Signing DD, without really needing to sign him that early, not really knowing what he gives us. (No home-town discoutn AND on a bad year.)(This one is not much of a bad one, though.)
-Signing Bouillon.... Speaks for itself.
-Signing P.K. to a bridge contract.... How could most of the posters here see that coming from miles away... Now we will pay the huge price for him.
-Going in the playoff with this kind of defense... And even to start the year...
-Not getting anyone bigger upfront.
-Having DD, Gio, Gally, Dumont, Bouillon ALL under 5'8
-Not getting any depth upfront, for the fourth line...

Now he still made some great moves, I know. (Ryder and Prust come to mind, and keeping most of his picks.)

If those moves are made by PG or BG... I think he's getting trashed on at any occasions.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:30 PM
  #2
JSBach
Registered User
 
JSBach's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
When we win, he's a genius. When we lose, he's an idiot.

JSBach is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:31 PM
  #3
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBach View Post
When we win, he's a genius. When we lose, he's an idiot.
Not at all. I've been saying that for a while now.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:31 PM
  #4
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Some(Most) will not agree.

But, I don't think Bergevin is that good of a GM. To evaluate his players. He has the right mentality and he also has a good approach in player management wise/philosophy.

He made some bad moves IMO
-Signing DD, without really needing to sign him that early, not really knowing what he gives us. (No home-town discoutn AND on a bad year.)(This one is not much of a bad one, though.)
-Signing Bouillon.... Speaks for itself.
-Signing P.K. to a bridge contract.... How could most of the posters here see that coming from miles away... Now we will pay the huge price for him.
-Going in the playoff with this kind of defense... And even to start the year...
-Not getting anyone bigger upfront.
-Having DD, Gio, Gally, Dumont, Bouillon ALL under 5'8
-Not getting any depth upfront, for the fourth line...

Now he still made some great moves, I know. (Ryder and Prust come to mind, and keeping most of his picks.)

If those moves are made by PG or BG... I think he's getting trashed on at any occasions.
Cube is doing fine as a #6 D.

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:32 PM
  #5
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Cube is doing fine as a #6 D.
Fine, yes. As a 6th, no. He should be our 7th right now. AND he got extended. (Which is the bad move.)

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:32 PM
  #6
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!
 
ZARTONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 9,192
vCash: 500
For the PK thing, my opinion is that he will deserve that big contract so he'll get it, odds are the caps going back up...

ZARTONK is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:34 PM
  #7
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Some(Most) will not agree.

But, I don't think Bergevin is that good of a GM. To evaluate his players. He has the right mentality and he also has a good approach in player management wise/philosophy.

He made some bad moves IMO
-Signing DD, without really needing to sign him that early, not really knowing what he gives us. (No home-town discoutn AND on a bad year.)(This one is not much of a bad one, though.)
-Signing Bouillon.... Speaks for itself.
-Signing P.K. to a bridge contract.... How could most of the posters here see that coming from miles away... Now we will pay the huge price for him.
-Going in the playoff with this kind of defense... And even to start the year...
-Not getting anyone bigger upfront.
-Having DD, Gio, Gally, Dumont, Bouillon ALL under 5'8
-Not getting any depth upfront, for the fourth line...

Now he still made some great moves, I know. (Ryder and Prust come to mind, and keeping most of his picks.)

If those moves are made by PG or BG... I think he's getting trashed on at any occasions.
Ok, we get it.

DDs not undersized is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:35 PM
  #8
AntonCH
Registered User
 
AntonCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,025
vCash: 500
FWIW

Bergevin doesn't have a reputation - he's a 1st time GM

Gainey on the other hand had a reputation.

Overall I think MB has done well, Not crazy about some of the moves but then again he's getting paid to do the job and I'm not.
imho, we were best to stand pat at the deadline, I don't think that this is the year to throw around assets.

AntonCH is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:35 PM
  #9
BRAD HABSFAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: JERSEY COAST
Country: United States
Posts: 369
vCash: 500
to all the crybabies coming out to trash this team....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfmVBmDKLZI

BRAD HABSFAN is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:35 PM
  #10
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Ok, we get it.
What do you get ? That our team is smaller than ever ? Smaller than any team has been in the NHL ?

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:35 PM
  #11
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,467
vCash: 709
What reputation? He doesn't have any as a GM. No, he gets a pass as a young guy who's starting his GM job. If we gave the past administration so many years to figure out what to do...we surely owe Bergevin to at least give him 2-3 years before wanting him out.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:36 PM
  #12
Montreal Typical
Registered User
 
Montreal Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Moreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Fine, yes. As a 6th, no. He should be our 7th right now. AND he got extended. (Which is the bad move.)
Bouillon has done very well in his role. You don't like him because of his height. We get it. He has 10 points and is +6. Can't ask for much more out of a bottom pairing guy. He's not great, but he gets his job done.

Markov and Emelin, however, have been terrible lately.

You blame Bergevin for not completely overhauling the roster in one summer. This is real life, not a video game.

Montreal Typical is online now  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:37 PM
  #13
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
FWIW

Bergevin doesn't have a reputation - he's a 1st time GM

Gainey on the other hand had a reputation.

Overall I think MB has done well, Not crazy about some of the moves but then again he's getting paid to do the job and I'm not.
imho, we were best to stand pat at the deadline, I don't think that this is the year to throw around assets.
Yes, he has a reputation.
He won the cup with the Blackhawks and he was assistant GM.
+ The media shoved him and Brisebois down our throat because they we're french.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:37 PM
  #14
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Fine, yes. As a 6th, no. He should be our 7th right now. AND he got extended. (Which is the bad move.)
look around the league, there isnt many teams with better #6 D.

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:38 PM
  #15
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
Bouillon has done very well in his role. You don't like him because of his height. We get it. He has 10 points and is +6. Can't ask for much more out of a bottom pairing guy. He's not great, but he gets his job done.

Markov and Emelin, however, have been terrible.

You blame Bergevin for not completely overhauling the roster in one summer. This is real life, not a video game.
Funny that you say that about Emelin and Markov yet you refuse to admit it about Bouillon ?

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:38 PM
  #16
Kenny Powders
Registered User
 
Kenny Powders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
What do you get ? That our team is smaller than ever ? Smaller than any team has been in the NHL ?
So small we're 2nd in the conference.

Kenny Powders is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:38 PM
  #17
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,677
vCash: 500
Hi, I'm a reaction thread after a loss. No other teams ever experience losses including the Penguins who didn't get annihilated tonight. Please post in me!

Bad Natey is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:39 PM
  #18
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,467
vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Funny that you say that about Emelin and Markov yet you refuse to admit it about Bouillon ?
But Bouillon doesn't play the role that both of those guys are playing. If they suck, we are way more in trouble than if a #6 suck.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:39 PM
  #19
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Yes, he has a reputation.
He won the cup with the Blackhawks and he was assistant GM.
+ The media shoved him and Brisebois down our throat because they we're french.
Yes yes, I assure you, we're getting it now.

DDs not undersized is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:39 PM
  #20
habamillions
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: arnprior,ontario
Posts: 1,747
vCash: 500
Terrible night. Habs and jays both lose.

habamillions is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:39 PM
  #21
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Funny that you say that about Emelin and Markov yet you refuse to admit it about Bouillon ?
expectations, as simple as that.

Markov and Emelin play our top 4, they're expected to play as such - they arent lately, Bouillon is our #6 and HE IS playing as such.

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:40 PM
  #22
AntonCH
Registered User
 
AntonCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Yes, he has a reputation.
He won the cup with the Blackhawks and he was assistant GM.
+ The media shoved him and Brisebois down our throat because they we're french.
The same blackhawks who have stan bowman and scotty as an advisor and your telling me MB got a reputation there? for what, learning?

As for Brisebois where and how does he weigh in on all this?

AntonCH is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:40 PM
  #23
Kimota
Three Bananas
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,701
vCash: 500
If you go by Bergevin's plan and what he wants to do wich is rebuilding and play the young guys, what he's been doing makes sense.

I just think sometime you have to adapt and modify your plan along the way.

Kimota is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:40 PM
  #24
Montreal Typical
Registered User
 
Montreal Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Moreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Funny that you say that about Emelin and Markov yet you refuse to admit it about Bouillon ?
I don't care for Bouillon. I'm just not blind to the fact that he has been fine in his role.

Montreal Typical is online now  
Old
04-03-2013, 09:41 PM
  #25
Crimson Skorpion
Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 30,068
vCash: 50
Awards:
Reactionary thread.

Closed.

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.