HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Trade Deadline Talk Part II ; Shhh, don't wake Sherman

Old
04-07-2013, 10:25 AM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
He is better than Zanon yes, but i don't think he would make a big difference.

Wilson, IMO has yet to prove he can be a top 4 dmen. Has played like one sometimes, but not consistently enough. He is more a 5th/6th dman.
He's been one of the few D men on the good side in +/- for this team the last 2 years.

Playing him with EJ 20 min a game and using someone like Hunwick with EJ for another 5 would have made a big difference this year. Wilson's injury bug is troubling though, mainly due to not having anyone except Hunwick to fill his spot, who can remotely keep pace with EJ and the minutes.

04-07-2013, 10:34 AM
iceberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post
He's been one of the few D men on the good side in +/- for this team the last 2 years.

Playing him with EJ 20 min a game and using someone like Hunwick with EJ for another 5 would have made a big difference this year. Wilson's injury bug is troubling though, mainly due to not having anyone except Hunwick to fill his spot, who can remotely keep pace with EJ and the minutes.
I don't know... i'm still not sold on Wilson being more than a 3rd pairing. As i said, he has looked pretty good at times, but also pretty bad at others. I believe at some point last season he got a lot of heat too, just like Hunwick.

Maybe in the right situation he could be a decent #4, but i would like to see him playing well for more than a few weeks. But obviously he can't do it being injured all the time.

iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:41 AM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

Quote:
I don't know... i'm still not sold on Wilson being more than a 3rd pairing. As i said, he has looked pretty good at times, but also pretty bad at others. I believe at some point last season he got a lot of heat too, just like Hunwick.

Maybe in the right situation he could be a decent #4, but i would like to see him playing well for more than a few weeks. But obviously he can't do it being injured all the time.
I agree he's best suited as a 5/6 and could move up to a 3/4 when needed. He would have just been much better as our #2 this year than what has been put out this year in his absence.

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:45 AM
iceberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post
I agree he's best suited as a 5/6 and could move up to a 3/4 when needed. He would have just been much better as our #2 this year than what has been put out this year in his absence.
I agree with that, just not sure if that would make a whole difference in the w/l column.

iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:47 AM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

Quote:
I agree with that, just not sure if that would make a whole difference in the w/l column.
True, with Sacco leading the way, W-L is probably always going to be poor.

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote