HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

[NYR/CBJ] Gaborik, Delisle, Parlett to Columbus for Brassard, Dorsett, J. Moore, 6th

Old
04-03-2013, 06:31 PM
CaptainCally

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFJcbj View Post
Brassard sucks compared to Anisimov. Nash is weak with the intangibles as well- Pathetic Captain and leader. The Jackets have Jack Johnson, Dubi, Umberger, and Prospal as leaders now.

Dorsett is a player that I hate to lose and don't look forward to playing against.
Well we got a few leaders and one of the best captains in the league so no worries. nash is creating havoc with his size and skill. rather have him than a somewhat enigmatic gaborik. and hes younger and locked up longer.

seems like we're both happy with the trades so no point in arguing. cheers

CaptainCally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:33 PM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchuk Army View Post
Nash and Gaborik are a wash imo. Yes Gaborik is having a down year but looking at the prior few seasons, he has been better than Nash.

On the whole I think Columbus slightly wins. Dubinsky has more scoring upside than Dorsett (while being a similar gritty player) and of course they get a first round pick.
You could argue that Brassard slightly edges Anismov but he doesn't have any scope of improvement while Anismov still has upside. Moore and Erixon are very similar prospects.
Nash is younger and far better. your argument is like saying m-a bergeron > mcdonagh cuz he scores mores. nash is way better allround

CaptainCally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Xoggz22
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris Creider View Post
Have fun with Marian Gaborik columbus fans, you will adore his lazy play!

As a Ranger fan I am thrilled.. We get rid of a lazy floater, soft player who scores in bunches, is also a UFA next season, he scored in 6 games the entire season and makes 7.5m.. We pick up what we needed.

To say the Rangers lose this deal, you need to reevaluate yourself.
Thanks. Since your expectations are so low you'll love Brassard too. The good news is the Rangers will have the PIM leader next year so there's that...

Seriously, this was a pretty good hockey trade. Justify however you need to but CBJ got the best player and the NYR got decent support/secondary value. Moore is the best potential piece in the return. They are all great in the community

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:35 PM
SomE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchuk Army View Post
Nash and Gaborik are a wash imo. Yes Gaborik is having a down year but looking at the prior few seasons, he has been better than Nash.

On the whole I think Columbus slightly wins. Dubinsky has more scoring upside than Dorsett (while being a similar gritty player) and of course they get a first round pick.
You could argue that Brassard slightly edges Anismov but he doesn't have any scope of improvement while Anismov still has upside. Moore and Erixon are very similar prospects.
Thank you sir.. you just proved you do not watch either of those players play.

SomE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:36 PM
MarleauApologist
#FireDougWilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Nash for Gaborik basically?

It seems like a win win tbh, however I think rangers got a good one in Brassard.
NYR 1st, Dubinsky, Anisimov>>>>Brassard, Dorsett, Moore

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Juxtaposer
Window: Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
Kind of how sharks fans were asking for 1st++ in the clowe thread?

brassard is a 2nd line tweener, moore is young and very good. great potential and then we got a great character guy in dorsett. sure i'd like a 1st but that's a really good package. solid deals for both teams actually. btw why do u hate the rangers so much lol?

top 6 and blue chip/moore check. no 1st but gabby is 31 and only has 1 year left. and this hasn't exactly been his career year.
No Sharks fan honestly expected anything more than a 2nd and a little, please.

And yeah, I don't think you've seen much of Brassard. Expect to be underwhelmed. It's funny, you're all 'happy' with the trade now, but originally you all expected Johansen.

And I don't hate the Rangers, I hate Rangers fans, see the difference? Actually, that's not even it. The Rangers used to be my East team. I loved the Dubi-AA-Cally 2nd line you guys ran that one year. Then you signed Richards, then you traded for Nash. Then Rangers fans started getting all high and mighty with the McDonagh thing. See now?

Juxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Xoggz22
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
@KatieStrangESPN

"@KatieStrangESPN: #NYR Perhaps most critical element of Gaborik deal is shedding cap hit allows them flexibility in re-signing some key RFAs this summer"

Let's face it guys, this is the world of capped sports. This move had to be made either now or at the draft. It completely sucks losing Gaborik but we've replenished the depth we lost in the Nash trade by trading an underperforming player. Even if most of us really liked that underperforming player. But that's why we are fans and not in Rangers management.

Best of luck Gabby. Can you guys imagine how emotional the first CBJ/NYR game will be? So many major faces in the opposite sweaters finally coming back to their old home.
I agree, however, is a $2MM cap savings enough to help the Rangers sign players like Clowe? it's the following year from Brass's contract is up that may be a problem (from this deal, not overall Rangers cap situation).

Either way, it's a good deal for needs and money movement.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:01 PM
biturbo19

This whole thing is just strange. You can break down which individual parts are better than their 'counterpart' all you want...but swapping this many players back and forth in a year is just bizarre and seems very lateral at best.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:01 PM
bizzz*

Nash > Gaborik
Even though 90% of the Rags fans were saying that this statement is laughable just a year ago.

Dorsett <<< Dubinsky
Not even close...

Brassard </> Anisimov
They're different type of players and most of the CBJ fans like Arty way more, but Brass is a better passer and his hockey IQ is a bit higher. Arty just fits the new Jackets system better.

Moore << Erixon
I was saying it even when Erixon was a Ranger. And since then I saw them both so many times this year... Moore is a big, great skater, but he loses his mind and looks like he has no idea what he's doing on the ice too often. I'm afraid he might be another Cam Barker.

Delisle, 3rd + 6th << 1st

Jackets win.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:03 PM
Machinehead
#Fakestats

Brassard just notched his 1st point as a Ranger on a wonderful pass

Ben Hutton is my Spirit Animal. Jeff Gorton is not.
Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:07 PM
The Wrath

Ryan clowe scores!!!!!

The Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:08 PM
The Wrath

This new team looks solid!

Old
04-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Crisp Breakout

Nice trade for the Jackets! Wish I still lived in Columbus for this year's playoff run *knock on wood*

So many people talking about Moore's potential in here... Don't see it, never have. Put another way, I'm glad it was him and not Savard in the deal.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:12 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

This trade just doesn't make sense for either team IMO.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:15 PM
The Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
This trade just doesn't make sense for either team IMO.
yeah it doesn't make sense for the Rangers to add depth which the rangers lacked..

Old
04-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Karter

TSN is absolutely hilarious.

They talk about Gaborik for a good two minutes and spend a good 20 analyzing O'Byrne's future.

Karter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:21 PM
JayQueensNY88*

I'm pleased with all the deals made with SJ and Cmbs as well as the Nash deal.

I have no beefs added some skill and some grit and young talent

Gaborik wasn't doing **** here this year and wouldn't have been resigned after next year. Dubi needed a change big time,moving him was necessary.

Like I said,I have no beefs

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:31 PM
SomeoneGreat

Dorse seems like a good replacement for Prust no?

SomeoneGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Oilers93

vCash: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris Creider View Post
yeah it doesn't make sense for the Rangers to add depth which the rangers lacked..
...Which they traded away to Columbus for Rick Nash, which left Columbus needing goal scoring so they traded their depth players to the Rangers for Marian Gaborik, and the Rangers needed depth after trading for Rick Nash...

Oilers93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
@KatieStrangESPN

"@KatieStrangESPN: #NYR Perhaps most critical element of Gaborik deal is shedding cap hit allows them flexibility in re-signing some key RFAs this summer"

Let's face it guys, this is the world of capped sports. This move had to be made either now or at the draft. It completely sucks losing Gaborik but we've replenished the depth we lost in the Nash trade by trading an underperforming player. Even if most of us really liked that underperforming player. But that's why we are fans and not in Rangers management.

Best of luck Gabby. Can you guys imagine how emotional the first CBJ/NYR game will be? So many major faces in the opposite sweaters finally coming back to their old home.
That's funny because this is from Monday's Columbus Dispatch. JD dropping hints? Messing up the timeline on purpose? Or just generalisations? Either way.

Quote:
Beyond issuing their standard phrases, Davidson and Kekalainen did drop hints about the way they are thinking.

Davidson pointed out that the salary cap is about to drop from $70 million to $64.3 million, and there will be teams that need to cut salaries this summer. That will make for a more robust trade market later rather than sooner.

Old
04-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Brassard has a goal and an assist.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:42 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Schenn Bros View Post
...Which they traded away to Columbus for Rick Nash, which left Columbus needing goal scoring so they traded their depth players to the Rangers for Marian Gaborik, and the Rangers needed depth after trading for Rick Nash...
Yeah, that's like the Flyers traded away their back-up goalie to Columbus and then traded for another back-up goalie from Columbus

Last edited by bizzz*: 04-03-2013 at 07:51 PM.
bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:44 PM
MichaelDelNotto
Likes Hockey

Looking like a genius trade right now...

MichaelDelNotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular salad.

vCash: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelDelNotto View Post
Looking like a genius trade right now...
This.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:47 PM
Oilers93

vCash: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzz View Post
Yeah, that's like the Flyers traded away their back-up goalie to Columbus and then traded for another back-up goalie from Columbus
Too bad we couldn't get Bob back. There were rumors that the Flyers were going to give up Couts for Bishop, glad Holmgren didn't do that.

Oilers93 is offline   Reply With Quote