HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pominville, 2014 4th to MIN for Matt Hackett, Johan Larsson, 2013 1st, 2014 2nd

Old
04-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Myllz
#justbogothings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krt88 View Post
I hope Minnesota wins the cup! Nothing but love for Poms!
I don't. I hope they fail miserably so those draft picks we got go way up. Sabres getting better players > Pominville winning with a new team.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:14 PM
"Craigs on it"

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I don't want to be negative about the return we got. I love it. Especially Larsson... but yes, a return of Bjugstad and Kulikov would be a much bigger return... and that's the type of return some on this board were expecting (they were crazy)
Never saw anyone post anything remotely close to this

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:16 PM
Luceni

Good deal. Congratz, darcy

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:17 PM
EichHart

WGR is seriously the most clueless show ever. They don't even know anything about the 2013 draft or what prospects we have a chance at. Don't these guys get paid to do research on this stuff?

EichHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:19 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
WGR is seriously the most clueless show ever. They don't even know anything about the 2013 draft or what prospects we have a chance at. Don't these guys get paid to do research on this stuff?
In a word ... NO

They are paid to "entertain" the masses. The majority of listeners don't know a player on the farm team until they get called up to the Sabres! Let alone any prospects not drafted yet!

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:20 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Really upset we didn't trade stafford.

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Must be hard seeing a guy like Pominville go but I think you guys got a couple of nice players in Larsson and Hackett and to top picks as well. Hopefully we both win this trade. I like what I am reading on Pominville, he seems like he will fit nice in Minnesota.

I know some Wild fans are freaking out and other HF posters are saying the Wild got fleeced I don't believe that is true. Pomminville is a great player and the Wild are looking to make a big playoff push, and to do that you have to make sacrifices for players of Jason's caliber.

You guys will love Larsson many Wild fans were excited for him. I think he will be a cornerstone of the Sabres for years to come. Hackett is a solid goaltender and could develop into a top goaltender if things pan out right for him and you guys. As for the draft picks even though I don't like it, it is what it is. Hopefully for Wild fans sake they will be late round draft picks.

Good luck Sabres fans!
The way I look at it from the Min perspective is you guys paid a premium. Whether it pays off in a Cup or not is obviously completely up in the air, but it's a well-took risk. Your organization has one of the best pipelines in the game -- some (incl HF in the fall) -- think its the best. Low 1st, low 2nd, and a strong forward prospect is a price you can stomach for that risk, given that you have guys like Granlund and Coyle coming in (not that you won't miss Larsson). Hackett had to go anyhow if you look at the goalie situation.

Pominville will fit in. He will produce. With Parise and Koivu as linemates he should easily recapture his usual strong defensive play that had slipped a lot this year. Without considering cost or the fact it extends beyond this season, this is arguably the best addition any team's made by need and fit.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:23 PM
Moskau

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
Really upset we didn't trade stafford.
Can't trade what people don't want.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:25 PM
umbertovanek
Je suis Charlie

Kinda funny. just before the deadline I went jogging and during it I fantasized about Poms going to detroit for Nyquist, Jurco and a 1st. Then I thought, not happening, total pipe dream.
But looking at the actual return this might be even better valuewise.

umbertovanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
I don't want to be negative about the return we got. I love it. Especially Larsson... but yes, a return of Bjugstad and Kulikov would be a much bigger return... and that's the type of return some on this board were expecting (they were crazy)
Bjugstad, Kulikov, and I'm assuming Florida's 1st... is indeed a considerably greater return.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:28 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
Can't trade what people don't want.
There was interest in him, its just cap hit + what we want in return + a lowering salary cap is just a pile of ****. I just wish we cooulda traded him

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
Lmao, perfect storm for you huh.

Value is good, we'll see how these picks and prospects turn out. I really like Larsson though.
Larsson seems like a good prospect. Anyone got a scouting report?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
I don't. I hope they fail miserably so those draft picks we got go way up. Sabres getting better players > Pominville winning with a new team.
Hoping for a Minny collapse!

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Never saw anyone post anything remotely close to this
says the guy who was throwing out names like Gormley, Reinhart, and Strome in Pominville proposals

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Luceni

I'm a bit suprised tgat we moved Poms to MIN.

I thought if we would have a deal with the Wild, it would include Vanek

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Let's compromise, they can miss the playoffs this year and win the Cup next.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:31 PM
"Craigs on it"

Quote:
says the guy who was throwing out names like Gormley, Reinhart, and Strome in Pominville proposals
What are you talking about?

I said Pominville+ for Gormley and 1st when PHX was in a playoff spot

Big difference between someone saying Reinhart or Gormley then Kulikov and Bjudstad. Not sure why you always feel the need to make **** up

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
There was interest in him, its just cap hit + what we want in return + a lowering salary cap is just a pile of ****. I just wish we cooulda traded him
His value's probably higher in the offseason considering the years left on his contract and the fact his play the rest of the season can't be any worse than it has been. More teams will have cap room. We still need bodies to play out the season with. I wanted to see him traded too, but I'm not upset about it.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
What are you talking about?

I said Pominville+ for Gormley and 1st when PHX was in a playoff spot

Big difference between someone saying Reinhart and Gormley then Kulikov and Bjudstad
the point is quantity doesn't equal quality

Buffalo got a TERRIFIC haul in the Pommer deal... but they did not get that elite prospect that most everyone was including in any deal for Pommer... and it was those proposals that I criticized for being out of touch.

Regier did better than I expected (getting the 1st along with the other 3 assets)

but at the end of the day.... my value was closer than you give credit for...
Hackett = 2nd
Larsson = Koko

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:39 PM
wyldthing89

Even if the return is more than expected, i still feel sad to see Pommer gone, he was the heart of the team, a guy who played almost every games and work his butt off in good or bad times, will miss him big time !!!

wyldthing89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:44 PM
DoktorZaius

This move has been overshadowed by Gabby and a few others, but I'm not sure why. What a return here. I'd been a bit morose about the Sabres future for awhile, but I feel like if Regier sells off a few more tasty vets over the next year when the time is right (i.e., their value is high, like Pominville here), this could be a pretty quick and effective rebuild. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Sabres as a top 4-5 team in the East in 3ish years, and trending up.

DoktorZaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:50 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Buffalo media is a lazy, sloppy group. Just horrible. I think you have to understand if you are a journalist in this town and you've spent your career here, it means YOU haven't made it to the big time.
I've never seen so many beat writers get beat on stories about their own team. They just sit in the WGR studio and read web sites. Zero sources.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Irving Zisman
Really Bad Grandpa

Quote:
the point is quantity doesn't equal quality

Buffalo got a TERRIFIC haul in the Pommer deal... but they did not get that elite prospect that most everyone was including in any deal for Pommer... and it was those proposals that I criticized for being out of touch.

Regier did better than I expected (getting the 1st along with the other 3 assets)

but at the end of the day.... my value was closer than you give credit for...
Hackett = 2nd
Larsson = Koko
My only argument would be on the strength of the prospect. IMO, Larsson>> Koko. While they're upsides are similar, I think Larsson is miles ahead of Koko in the leadership, intangibles (Drury's), and organizational need-filling department (strong two-way player who comes up big when it matters). For those reasons, I'd lump Larsson into the "blue chip" prospect category. Yes his offensive upside is only 55ish points, but I think his potential complete package could be considered elite if you look at it more objectively...

Irving Zisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:09 PM
kirby11

Quote:
Too bad we couldn't flip him and a 2nd for forsberg, but other than that, really liking what we did this year.

OUT
Brennan
Leo
Regehr
Poms

IN
Larsson
Hackett
2013 1st
2013 2nd
2013 4th/5th
2013 5th
2014 2nd
2015 2nd

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:16 PM
dan213

Quote:
I like WGR and I like Schopp and the Bulldog (I'm one of the few on here who do) but they report on news after it happens. They won't talk about potential moves/trades because they don't know about prospects, etc. That's why the trade deadline show was just hours of reading other peoples tweets.

On Monday they were talking about the Bruins game and Schopp said that he missed the game and hadn't watched it. So they did a 4 hour Sabres show and the guy hadn't even watched the previous days game which kind of blew my mind.

dan213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:38 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan213 View Post
I like WGR and I like Schopp and the Bulldog (I'm one of the few on here who do) but they report on news after it happens. They won't talk about potential moves/trades because they don't know about prospects, etc. That's why the trade deadline show was just hours of reading other peoples tweets.

On Monday they were talking about the Bruins game and Schopp said that he missed the game and hadn't watched it. So they did a 4 hour Sabres show and the guy hadn't even watched the previous days game which kind of blew my mind.
And yet, you like the show. Doesn't that strike you as odd?

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote