HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pominville, 2014 4th to MIN for Matt Hackett, Johan Larsson, 2013 1st, 2014 2nd

Old
04-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Rhett4
Buffalo Selects Jack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForce View Post
I was on CBS reading an article on the Pomminville trade and came across this....."Regier said he and Fletcher were discussing a different player when Fletcher told him he wanted to focus on Pominville." I am assuming the different player that they were discussing was Stafford.
That makes the most sense, but Vanek's another real possibility.

Rhett4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:54 PM
Woodhouse

vCash: 666
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBriere48 View Post
I just went to WGR550.com to listen to Darcy's presser (which Brian Koziol tweeted would be re-aired at 10:35 p.m.). Instead of the presser, it was two co-hosts talking back and fourth about the Pominville trade. About 10 seconds in, the one host goes: "I don't care who you got back. If you traded Jason Pominville, you didn't make a great trade."

Turned off the radio stream instantly.
Well, here's the presser: Darcy Regier addresses the media following the trade deadline. <17:50>

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:56 PM
kcoxsabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBriere48 View Post
I just went to WGR550.com to listen to Darcy's presser (which Brian Koziol tweeted would be re-aired at 10:35 p.m.). Instead of the presser, it was two co-hosts talking back and fourth about the Pominville trade. About 10 seconds in, the one host goes: "I don't care who you got back. If you traded Jason Pominville, you didn't make a great trade."

Turned off the radio stream instantly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty View Post
Well, it was Schopp then, at least Bulldog knew the top 3 prospects in the upcoming draft.
When I lived in Buffalo I used to listen to their show, along with the others on WGR, because it was on, I was stuck in the car, and they talked about sports. I listened for thirty minutes today and it was absolutely awful. I think it was around the time Bulldog mentioned the draft. Schopp shouted a guy down for talking about moves Regier made ten years ago before almost immediately referring to the same years to harp on how bad Regier is. Then he spent a good ten minutes talking about how Buffalo is "loserville" and shouting down a caller who was taking issue with his attitude. Both hosts concluded that nothing happens in the summer, despite the fact that they were overjoyed last year when Roy was traded... in the summer. Schopp in particular was just looking for reasons to be upset. At one point he claimed that the Pommer trade was bad just because Minnesota came to Darcy first. Terrible.

kcoxsabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:12 PM
MagnumForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
That makes the most sense, but Vanek's another real possibility.
I was really hoping Stafford would get moved.....I dont think his value increases by waiting until the offseason or draft. I think this was the best time to move him and it seemed that there were suitors according to various sources.

MagnumForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Dutchess
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoxsabresfan View Post
When I lived in Buffalo I used to listen to their show, along with the others on WGR, because it was on, I was stuck in the car, and they talked about sports. I listened for thirty minutes today and it was absolutely awful. I think it was around the time Bulldog mentioned the draft. Schopp shouted a guy down for talking about moves Regier made ten years ago before almost immediately referring to the same years to harp on how bad Regier is. Then he spent a good ten minutes talking about how Buffalo is "loserville" and shouting down a caller who was taking issue with his attitude. Both hosts concluded that nothing happens in the summer, despite the fact that they were overjoyed last year when Roy was traded... in the summer. Schopp in particular was just looking for reasons to be upset. At one point he claimed that the Pommer trade was bad just because Minnesota came to Darcy first. Terrible.
Isn't most sports talk radio an abomination?

Dutchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:53 PM
Beerz

Good deal by Reiger .... Tough to see Jason go... but the return is pretty good I guess.

Would've liked to see a few more trades made...

I was so excited when we were linked to the Caps and it was suppose to be huge... Oh well. We're in nice position heading into the draft.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:10 AM
SECRET SQUIRREL

Quote:
I was really hoping Stafford would get moved.....I dont think his value increases by waiting until the offseason or draft. I think this was the best time to move him and it seemed that there were suitors according to various sources.
I disagree...Stafford takes over much of Poms duties and will almost certainly put up better stats due to this. If he ends the year hot it could go along ways to restoring his trade value.

SECRET SQUIRREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:19 AM
Endless Ike

Quote:
His contract probably makes his value on the trade market literally almost nothing, and maybe even negative. I'm sure that's why they're keeping him.

Endless Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:26 AM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Quote:
If your goal is to tank, then you want Stafford on your roster...

Ralonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:29 AM
nate1988

Many good memories with Pominville, but I figured he would be the first of the big 3 to go. I'll miss him, but I am very intrigued at the return and possibly finding our 2 way C. The draft picks just make the deal that much better. I'm very intrigued to see what Buffalo does with all of their picks come draft day and whether they use them to move up, trade, offer sheet or draft players. Hopefully a good combo of all

nate1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:39 AM
MagnumForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralonzo View Post
You do have a point lol

MagnumForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:11 AM
lokomotiv15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB24 View Post
Yep, he's from St. Thomas Ontario, his best friend is my baseball team. Im asking about him now, just an overall great kid, big frame and great work-ethic. Can't wait to meet him, I'm hoping some free tickets are in my future
Haha talking to Mitch Roy?

lokomotiv15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:18 AM
lokomotiv15

Pens fan here, coming in peace...

Been a long time best buddy of Hacks, and just dropping in to say the kids a beaut. Works hard in the off-season, and is a great guy. You'll love him. Can definitely be streaky, but I saw the kid stop 50-60 shots a night in a series against the back-to-back mem cup champ spitfires. When he's on his game, he's an absolute wall.

Guess you guys are my second team now.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:37 AM
SECRET SQUIRREL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokomotiv15 View Post
Pens fan here, coming in peace...

Been a long time best buddy of Hacks, and just dropping in to say the kids a beaut. Works hard in the off-season, and is a great guy. You'll love him. Can definitely be streaky, but I saw the kid stop 50-60 shots a night in a series against the back-to-back mem cup champ spitfires. When he's on his game, he's an absolute wall.

Guess you guys are my second team now.
How does he feel about the trade to Buffalo? Think he has a better opportunity to start now at the very least...

Old
04-04-2013, 01:46 AM
lokomotiv15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECRET SQUIRREL View Post
How does he feel about the trade to Buffalo? Think he has a better opportunity to start now at the very least...
Haven't had a chance to really talk to him about it yet, threw him a few quick texts. Just joked about being closer to the boys, etc... Seems happy about where he's ended up. Miller was bar-none his favourite keeper growing up.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:54 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECRET SQUIRREL View Post
I disagree...Stafford takes over much of Poms duties and will almost certainly put up better stats due to this. If he ends the year hot it could go along ways to restoring his trade value.
There's wishful thinking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralonzo View Post
.....and there's realistic thinking.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:56 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Quote:
The Jets were reportedly talking to the Sabres about a deal that would send Alexander Burmistrov to Buffalo for right-winger Drew Stafford.

"It's one of those things where at different points in time you're talking lots of different players with lots of different teams and different scenarios," said Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff. "This is the group that earned the opportunity to be battling at this point in time for a playoff position."
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419753

I doubt Stafford's value will improve by the offseason to warrant some team giving Buffalo a high-end prospect like Winnipeg was close to doing. More likely, Stafford will get a draft pick at best after another below-average season.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:01 AM
Revelate

I'm with Sabretip on this. If Darcy turned that deal down it was a serious mistake.

Revelate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:04 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelate View Post
I'm with Sabretip on this. If Darcy turned that deal down it was a serious mistake.
I sincerely doubt that's what happened. I'd feel pretty comfortable in guessing that it was the other way around.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:07 AM
sjci

vCash: 172
I said this earlier about Burmi/Stafford. They were the principle parts of the deal, but it's most likely picks were going to be involved to balance it or what not. Maybe the Jets wanted Stafford and our 2nd for just Burmi and Regier didn't want to have to give that up

sjci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:12 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
I sincerely doubt that's what happened. I'd feel pretty comfortable in guessing that it was the other way around.
My guess is that the Jets pulled back. The TSN interview with Cheveldayoff sounded like someone who was very cautious about making any changes to his roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjci View Post
I said this earlier about Burmi/Stafford. They were the principle parts of the deal, but it's most likely picks were going to be involved to balance it or what not. Maybe the Jets wanted Stafford and our 2nd for just Burmi and Regier didn't want to have to give that up
With all the extra picks he acquired, I doubt that would have been a stumbling block for Regier. I could see the Jets asking the Sabres to pick up part of Stafford's salary as well - which would have been counter to Regier's mission to free up cap space, despite Pegula's ability to absorb cost.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:13 AM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Jets beat guy said it fell apart because DR wanted a pick to go with Burmi

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:52 AM
SECRET SQUIRREL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
There's wishful thinking.....

.....and there's realistic thinking.
well played sir

Old
04-04-2013, 03:03 AM
SECRET SQUIRREL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
Jets beat guy said it fell apart because DR wanted a pick to go with Burmi
If true that sucks....Somebody has to tell Darcy that just winning a trade by a tad is ok too, his [email protected] them or bust attitude sucks sometimes....hopefully we try again this summer.