HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Luke Fulghum

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2005, 12:28 PM
DaveyCrockett

vCash: 500
Luke Fulghum

It looks like we signed him to an ATO and he played in a couple games. All I know is that he is a point-per-game scorer from Denver University who is about 24-25 years old. What's his story?

Old
04-17-2005, 12:30 PM
VanW27

Messenger posted some stuff in the prospects thread on him.

Old
04-17-2005, 12:34 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyCrockett
It looks like we signed him to an ATO and he played in a couple games. All I know is that he is a point-per-game scorer from Denver University who is about 24-25 years old. What's his story?
http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php...&postcount=426

Old
05-18-2005, 05:41 PM
puck swami

I've watched this guy develop for the last four years here in Denver as a top college hcokey player, and he has a very promising pro upside. He's played a gritty, power foward role in NCAA hockey, playing bigger than his 5'11 190 pound size, but I imagine he could be more of a penalty killer/power play guy in pro hockey, as he won't need to be a power forward in pro hockey. He could be a second/third line AHL player now, with the potential to be a first liner with more exposure to the pro game.

He's very strong on his skates, has good stick skills, is good in traffic, can play good two way hockey, terrific attitude and has a very deceptive shot. He played a critical role in leading his team to the last two NCAA titles, so he knows how to win, and he's been very well coached by the Denver staff. He's a quiet leader, down to earth personality, and is from Colorado Springs, playing junior in Dubuque, IA before joining Denver. His defining moments in Denver were a huge goal in the 2004 NCAA semi-final against Minnesota-Duluth, where he was the best player on the ice. He also is a good shotblocker and took a full slapshot in the family jewels during this years NCAAs, but came back to play in the same game under excruciating pain.

The downsides to his game is primarily his tendency to be streaky, rather than as consistent as he could be, but this may be correctable with more pro coaching. He also has a temper - his teammates nicknamed him 'snap'.

A very good signing by St. John's.

Old
05-18-2005, 06:18 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Luke has the goods to be a grinder.

That Debuque team was awful and not heavily scouted or recruited, yet the Pios got Laatch and Larson off of that squad too. I suspect Luke would have been a late rounder if he had gotten more looks.

The DU media guide has his birthday at 10/16/80.

Closed Thread