HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors of trades that did not happen and complaints about Tambo doing nothing v14

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Distinct

vCash: 500
So if it is true that Pitt is going to be taking offers on Letang this summer and into next season, what would you offer? Hemsky+ simply won't get it done.

Old
04-06-2013, 02:43 PM
s7ark
Fast and Up - JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinct View Post
So if it is true that Pitt is going to be taking offers on Letang this summer and into next season, what would you offer? Hemsky+ simply won't get it done.
If they are willing to discuss something that doesn't involve the big 5 then cool. If they want one of them, then they can send Letang elsewhere.

The market may be odd this summer, cap compliance buyouts may flood the market with good players looking for new deals.

Old
04-06-2013, 02:44 PM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
What are the chances that New Jersey would be willing to move Clarkson?He would be the perfect player for this team.

Old
04-06-2013, 02:46 PM
McOilbleeder
We are all Kloppites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinct View Post
Think what they got for J. Staal but with forwards.

04-06-2013, 02:47 PM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
What are the chances that New Jersey would be willing to move Clarkson?He would be the perfect player for this team.
He's a 29 year old unrestricted free agent who will be seeking a 7 year contract. No thanks.

Old
04-06-2013, 02:48 PM
stoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
If they are willing to discuss something that doesn't involve the big 5 then cool. If they want one of them, then they can send Letang elsewhere.

The market may be odd this summer, cap compliance buyouts may flood the market with good players looking for new deals.
Not sure they would want one of the big 5. They want low salary players hence trading letang in first place. Probly Petry, paajarvi, 1st

Old
04-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Koto

Quote:

so what youre saying is you dont have any interest

Old
04-06-2013, 02:59 PM
McOilbleeder
We are all Kloppites

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
He's a 29 year old unrestricted free agent who will be seeking a 7 year contract. No thanks.
Has there been any indication he'll be seeking a 7 year contract? If so, that's nuts.

Old
04-06-2013, 03:09 PM
Bryanbryoil
Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
Well thought out IMO. The bottom six additions (Bickell, Volpatti, MaGrattan, Bordeleau) all seem realistic. I'm not sure about the possibility of Streit coming to EDM though...
Stauffer from what I recall reading seems to think that he might consider coming here due to the Krueger connection, that's what I'm basing it on. If it's unrealistic then I look to get a top 4 LHD via trade. My whole ideology was instead of going whale hunting for guys like Milan Lucic who are really never available, we upgrade the bottom 6 with size/grit to bring a different element to the team.

Quote:

Agreed, and we should be ready to pounce on these types of moves for picks/prospects.

04-06-2013, 03:12 PM
s7ark
Fast and Up - JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
so what youre saying is you dont have any interest
I suppose not then.

Like I said, there should be some players looking for contracts after buy outs. No reason to give up valuable assets for Letang when there are other options on the market.

Old
04-06-2013, 03:36 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Good 3c who can actually take draws, is necessary on the PP and is good defensively against top lines and a decent depth scoring forward

These are 2 neccessary peices on a cup team. Both contracts are up next year, we can get them cheaper

The problem though is that by the time we're ready to go on a cup run,these two won't be affective NHLers anymore.

Old
04-06-2013, 03:46 PM
5 14 6 1
We are the 11.5%

Quote:
I suppose not then.

Like I said, there should be some players looking for contracts after buy outs. No reason to give up valuable assets for Letang when there are other options on the market.
I'd easily offer Yakupov for Letang. No questions. You have no desire to improve this team if you don't agree, Letang is one hell of a defense-man.

Old
04-06-2013, 03:48 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Hallidays View Post
I'd easily offer Yakupov for Letang. No questions. You have no desire to improve this team if you don't agree, Letang is one hell of a defense-man.
It would be better to offer Eberle.Nail Yakupov has higher upside than Eberle in the future.

Old
04-06-2013, 03:54 PM
ALee10

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown99 View Post
It's not tht difficult. Compliance Buyouts for Belanger and Eager.

Potter as 7th dman making that much is nothing. Trade Hemsky for top 9 forward with size. To make him more attractive we can pick up half his salary and cap hit. Hemsky for $2.5 has to be very attractive to teams. Smyth well we are likely stuck with him....might be able to move at next years deadline. N. Schultz I'm fine with as dmen around the league are scarce.

My ideal summer looks like:

-Gagner for Gormely and H. Samuelson
-Hemsky + 2nd for Alzner (pick up Hemskys contract to get it done)
-Paajarvi for M. Foligno (add draft picks or prospects to get Buf to accept)
-hopefully be in position to draft Monahan
-sign Torres, Scuderi, Hendricks, Begin, and A. Hall, and Smithson for insurance in case Monahan isn't ready

Hall-Nuge-Ebs
Foligno-Monahan-Yak (2nd or 3rd line)
Torres-Horcoff-A. Hall
Begin-Hendricks-Brown
ex: Smithson and Smyth

Alzner-JS
Smid-Petry
Scuderi-NS
ex: Potter

Gormely in AHL until ready to be impact player (Det style). If Scuderi can't be signed I would go for Regehr or D. Murray
You actually think the Capitals would trade you Alzner for Hemsky and a 2nd round pick? He's as much a need for the Capitals as he is for the Oilers. That trade is brutally bad for the Capitals.

Old
04-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

vCash: 250
We need Plugs, We Need Plugs, trade our "small skilled" (or talented) guys for big guys with bigness. Go PLUGS

Old
04-06-2013, 03:58 PM
oilersfan11

The Oilers need more players that play big and hit.

Yakupov has the upside to score more points than Eberle,plus he hits a lot,while Jordan Eberle plays small the whole time.

Eberle is the odd-man out.

Old
04-06-2013, 03:58 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
We need Plugs, We Need Plugs, trade our "small skilled" (or talented) guys for big guys with bigness. Go PLUGS
Real stupid post.

No one was saying to trade for a plug using one of the top forwards.

I was suggesting on trading Eberle for a top defenseman.

Old
04-06-2013, 03:59 PM
OilerFan4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Has there been any indication he'll be seeking a 7 year contract? If so, that's nuts.
Name me the last top tier UFA that signed for less than 7 years.

Old
04-06-2013, 04:02 PM
McDNicks17
Leon!

Quote:
Name me the last top tier UFA that signed for less than 7 years.
Semin last year?

Old
04-06-2013, 04:02 PM
ALee10

I do think Hendricks would be a fantastic fit for you guys. He's character all the way, I hope the Capitals keep him but he would be a great player for you guys.

Also, say what you will about Laich and I'm glad most of you agree that he is a fantastic player worth pursuing but whoever said that his contract and term are long and prohibitive is right. Especially if you project him as your third line center, you just don't pay the price to get a guy like Laich and not put him in your top 6, and that's where he thrives. Put creativity around him and he'll score alot of points.

Old
04-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Real stupid post.

No one was saying to trade for a plug using one of the top forwards.

I was suggesting on trading Eberle for a top defenseman.
of course "no one is suggesting" the team isn't big enough and needs size, etc, etc. nope, never comes up.

Old
04-06-2013, 04:04 PM
OilerFan4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Hallidays View Post
Did you watch the Flyers/Penguins series last year? Tell me who the worst player on the ice was for either team....it was Letang.

Letang is a phenomenal offensive defenseman....who absolutely SUCKS defensively. You do not give up a 19 year old offensive dynamo for a Kris Letang.....

Here are the D-men I'd trade one of the 4 stud kids for:

Karlsson
Doughty
Pietrangelo
Myers
Del Zotto
McDonagh
Hedman
OEL
Larsson
Brodin

Old
04-06-2013, 04:26 PM
stoff

Quote:
Did you watch the Flyers/Penguins series last year? Tell me who the worst player on the ice was for either team....it was Letang.

Letang is a phenomenal offensive defenseman....who absolutely SUCKS defensively. You do not give up a 19 year old offensive dynamo for a Kris Letang.....

Here are the D-men I'd trade one of the 4 stud kids for:

Karlsson
Doughty
Pietrangelo
Myers
Del Zotto
McDonagh
Hedman
OEL
Larsson
Brodin
Sorry but that list is really bad. No way you trade one the 4 kids for Brodin, del zotto, or myers. You also don't have subban or shattenkirk.

Old
04-06-2013, 04:42 PM
Paralyzer008

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Yakupov-Gagner-Hemsky
Paajarvi-Horcoff-BLANK
Smyth-Lander-Hartikainen

Brown-Smithson

J.Schultz-BLANK
Smid-Petry
N.Schultz-Potter

Fistric-Klefbom

Dubnyk
BLANK

Cut the fat, being Jones/Whitney/Khabby/Petrell/Belanger/Peckham
Give Lander and Hartikainen spots, because they deserve it. Sign some decent depth behind them who can be the organization's 5th line/OKC top line. Mike Brown and Jerred Smithson would be your 13th and 14th forwards.

On D, I wouldn't just give Klefbom the role right away, If he plays well enough, then you have ammo to trade (Potter or Fistric)

So, I've identified three open roster spots:
3rd line RW-
No.2 D-
No.2 G-

Targets?
G-Not a huge deal, because Dubnyk has to be given the bulk of starts. Maybe we take a look at familiar face Mathieu Garon, Sharks backup Thomas Greiss, or Habs goalie Peter Budaj, who are all UFAs.

D-The only UFA that may fit the bill is Mark Streit, but he's older. You could make Keith Yandle a trade target, or other d-men, but that may cost us a roster player. An RFA offer sheet? They rarely work. There is no doubt this will be the toughest hole to fix, but it needs to be done.

3rd line RW-Dupuis? Torres? Trade? Usually some players hit draft day available and we have two 2nd round picks, so we'll see.

We don't need to change the core here, but we need one D addition and some depth.

Old
04-06-2013, 05:18 PM
backhandsauce

vCash: 934
After watching this LA game the Oilers are in dire need of some size in the top six. Kopitar and Carter are just pushing us around. Obviously Nuge isn't going anywhere. I think it's time to move Gagner for a "hockey trade"

There aren't going to be that many top six C's with size available so the Oilers brass is going to have to get creative.

Closed Thread