HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors of trades that did not happen and complaints about Tambo doing nothing v14

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2013, 01:51 PM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoff View Post
But for buyouts you have to be put on buyout waivers first before being bought out don't you?
This is true.

Hmm....I guess my counter would be that Gomez had a NMC no???

Old
04-08-2013, 01:55 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoff View Post
But for buyouts you have to be put on buyout waivers first before being bought out don't you?
Doesn't matter. I think you just don't go on waivers then. NHLscap use to have a friendly FAQ that had this and where to find it in the CBA.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:55 PM
OilerFan4Life

I posted this the other day and it didn't get much traction on this board.

But let me throw out Klesla's name again. 3 million or so left on a 1 year deal before he becomes a UFA.

OEL, Yandle (they wont trade him even though it seems like the obvious move), Stone, Michalek, and Schlemko are 5 locks on the blueline for next season....Derek Morris is the 6th guy although he may be traded (does have a NTC)

Rundblad is absolutely lighting up the AHL...no way they leave him in the A for another season especially with Connor Murphy going pro next season.

Gormley isn't lighting it up quite like Rundblad but here is a guy averaging better than 0.5 ppg getting limited PP time on their farm team.

Where does that leave Klesla? He's the obvious guy to go after. Big, skilled, has never lived up to his draft billing but still solid....he's a more skilled less mean Ladi Smid IMO.

Thoughts?

Old
04-08-2013, 01:57 PM
OilerFan4Life

and of course I'm talking about a Hemsky for Klesla swap. Fair trade value wise....to get a legit top 4 d-man, we need to give up a legit top 6 forward. Just the way the market is these days.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:58 PM
joestevens29

CapGeek ‏@capgeek 5 Apr
Sources say #Sabres will pick up 15% of Jason Pominville's contract: ~$200K in cap for remainder of this season, $795K in cap next season.

CapGeek ‏@capgeek 5 Apr
Sources say #Canes will pick up 30% of Jussi Jokinen's contract: ~$227K in cap for remainder of this season, $900K in cap next season.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:59 PM
SchultzSquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
and of course I'm talking about a Hemsky for Klesla swap. Fair trade value wise....to get a legit top 4 d-man, we need to give up a legit top 6 forward. Just the way the market is these days.
Perfect trade really... Smid-Petry Klesla-Schultz Schultz-Whitney (on the cheap hopefully if not cheap PMD)

Old
04-08-2013, 02:06 PM
OilerFan4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
Perfect trade really... Smid-Petry Klesla-Schultz Schultz-Whitney (on the cheap hopefully if not cheap PMD)
Yep, balance is the key there.

Klelsa is a minute eater and defensively sound...the perfect partner for young Schultz.
I think he'd automatically become our #1....

Old
04-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Of those guys, I don't mind Bickell, but I'd rather see the Oilers grab Stalberg, I see him as a significant better player, I worry that Bickell would become Eager 2.0.

Here's a thought, as far as the Oilers at the draft, would you(this is everyone I know what B47 would do) move Gagner and Potter to the Canes for McBain, Welsh and a pick?

Given the changes we should/expect, to see in the offseason, I see this as way to save capspace and upgrade.
Wow, now you have me interested. Even I wasn't completely sure what I'd do when reading that, please divulge.
I don't recall posting a strong opinion regarding Gagner's role on this team.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Happy Hallidays
We are the 18%

I know it's a dream but if Weber decides he wants to be moved after his one year of not being able to traded is up we have to go all in for him I would think.

Eberle/Yakupov + 1 of Petry/Gagner + 1st + N Schultz or something like that. I know it would hinder our offensive depth but this team NEEDS a top pairing defensman that can shuffle everyone down one spot and play huge minutes.. on top of what im hopeful is a couple top 9 forward signings with size this offseason. Also the idea of Hemsky for Tallinder or Volchenkov interests me.

I know these moves all look like a pipe dream but I wish the team would head in this direction

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Paajarvi - Gagner - Horton
Hartikainen - Horcoff - Bickell
Brown - Smithson - Petrell

Klefbom - SHEA FREAKING WEBER
Smid - Schultz
Fistric - Volechnkov

That gives us a cornerstone player in every position. Hall, Weber, RNH, Eberle, Schultz looks like a way more balanced core to me.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
Wow, now you have me interested. Even I wasn't completely sure what I'd do when reading that, please divulge.
I don't recall posting a strong opinion regarding Gagner's role on this team.
OOps, sorry sir, not sure why, but I meant to write Hemsky there, swear to my cats

Old
04-08-2013, 02:15 PM
OilerFan4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Hallidays View Post
I know it's a dream but if Weber decides he wants to be moved after his one year of not being able to traded is up we have to go all in for him I would think.

Eberle/Yakupov + 1 of Petry/Gagner + 1st + N Schultz or something like that. I know it would hinder our offensive depth but this team NEEDS a top pairing defensman that can shuffle everyone down one spot and play huge minutes.. on top of what im hopeful is a couple top 9 forward signings with size this offseason. Also the idea of Hemsky for Tallinder or Volchenkov interests me.

I know these moves all look like a pipe dream but I wish the team would head in this direction

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Paajarvi - Gagner - Horton
Hartikainen - Horcoff - Bickell
Brown - Smithson - Petrell

Klefbom - SHEA FREAKING WEBER
Smid - Schultz
Fistric - Volechnkov

That gives us a cornerstone player in every position. Hall, Weber, RNH, Eberle, Schultz looks like a way more balanced core to me.
This is really gonna come off as ignorant but having watched him without Suter this year, he's really not that special.

Is he an all-star dman? Yes.
Should be play for Canada in Sochi? Yes.
Is he better than Suter? No.
Is he worth giving up any of the kids PLUS other assets? No.

He's not Alex Pietrangelo.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Happy Hallidays
We are the 18%

Quote:
This is really gonna come off as ignorant but having watched him without Suter this year, he's really not that special.

Is he an all-star dman? Yes.
Should be play for Canada in Sochi? Yes.
Is he better than Suter? No.
Is he worth giving up any of the kids PLUS other assets? No.

He's not Alex Pietrangelo.
The difference is he would be surrounded by elite players unlike in Nashville where he only has Rinne.

Old
04-08-2013, 03:02 PM
jmoss45

Quote:

But let me throw out Klesla's name again. 3 million or so left on a 1 year deal before he becomes a UFA.

OEL, Yandle (they wont trade him even though it seems like the obvious move), Stone, Michalek, and Schlemko are 5 locks on the blueline for next season....Derek Morris is the 6th guy although he may be traded (does have a NTC)

Where does that leave Klesla? He's the obvious guy to go after. Big, skilled, has never lived up to his draft billing but still solid....he's a more skilled less mean Ladi Smid IMO.

Thoughts?
I think Yandle is a sure thing to be dealt this summer. Hopefully not to us though, considering the overpayment it would take to land him.

I'd happily take Klesla, because we are lacking some physicality on the back end. Then whichever of Klesla and N Schultz plays better next year we can re-sign.

Old
04-08-2013, 03:16 PM
OilerFan4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
I think Yandle is a sure thing to be dealt this summer. Hopefully not to us though, considering the overpayment it would take to land him.

I'd happily take Klesla, because we are lacking some physicality on the back end. Then whichever of Klesla and N Schultz plays better next year we can re-sign.
They're asking for a top 6 forward, top prospect, and 1st round pick for him.

Rumor has it Philly called and the starting point was Read and Couturier....absolutely asinine.

Old
04-08-2013, 03:21 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
They're asking for a top 6 forward, top prospect, and 1st round pick for him.

Rumor has it Philly called and the starting point was Read and Couturier....absolutely asinine.
TDD it was said two impact roster players one of which has 1st line potential.

Read and Couturier would fit this mold.

The problem is can you blame them? Not like they have to move him.

Old
04-08-2013, 03:24 PM
OilerFan4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
TDD it was said two impact roster players one of which has 1st line potential.

Read and Couturier would fit this mold.

The problem is can you blame them? Not like they have to move him.
That's why Klesla can be had.

OEL-Stone
Yandle-Michalek
Rundblad-Morris/Schlemko

with Gormley and Murphy on the way.

What an embarrassment of riches on the back end.

Old
04-08-2013, 03:26 PM
joestevens29

Quote:

Rundblad is absolutely lighting up the AHL...no way they leave him in the A for another season especially with Connor Murphy going pro next season.

Gormley isn't lighting it up quite like Rundblad but here is a guy averaging better than 0.5 ppg getting limited PP time on their farm team.

Thoughts?
I somehow missed this and wouldn't be opposed. I'd try for Morris as well and pretty much turf our current bottom pairing.

Old
04-08-2013, 03:31 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
That's why Klesla can be had.

OEL-Stone
Yandle-Michalek
Rundblad-Morris/Schlemko

with Gormley and Murphy on the way.

What an embarrassment of riches on the back end.
I still think they flat out fluked out with Gormley. Although Anaheim lucked out even more with Fowler right before that.

One thing PHX has always had is some solid vets to allow d-men to grow at their pace and a system that builds confidence for young guys.

Old
04-08-2013, 03:35 PM
OilerFan4Life

Quote:
I still think they flat out fluked out with Gormley. Although Anaheim lucked out even more with Fowler right before that.

One thing PHX has always had is some solid vets to allow d-men to grow at their pace and a system that builds confidence for young guys.
Agreed.

Gormley's fall was pretty ridiculous....especially when you look at what Gudbransson is doing or better NOT doing right now....fact is Gormley was the better d-man pre draft and looks like will be better in the long run too.

Old
04-08-2013, 03:36 PM
OilerFan4Life

Quote:
I somehow missed this and wouldn't be opposed. I'd try for Morris as well and pretty much turf our current bottom pairing.
I'm not sure if Phoenix moves both but Morris is painfully slow and ineffective.

Klesla is a very good skater at his size and better positionally....although I can already see fans on this board complaining about him being "soft"

Old
04-08-2013, 03:40 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
I'm not sure if Phoenix moves both but Morris is painfully slow and ineffective.

Klesla is a very good skater at his size and better positionally....although I can already see fans on this board complaining about him being "soft"
Yet Morris is playing 3 more minutes a game?

I've heard both are available, if they are we should be looking. As we should with anyone that can play top 4.

I don't see us getting a #1 d-man so personally I just spend that money to make a better defense corps as a whole. Defense by committee. Lets not have to worry if we get Shea Weber that if he gets hurt we are screwed.

Old
04-08-2013, 03:43 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Agreed.

Gormley's fall was pretty ridiculous....especially when you look at what Gudbransson is doing or better NOT doing right now....fact is Gormley was the better d-man pre draft and looks like will be better in the long run too.
Biggest problem I had with Gudbransson is he has zero for offense and we all knew that. It's no different then paying a 15 point defensive d-man 6mil a year. You just don't do that. Gudbransson needed to be closer to 10 then 1.

Old
04-08-2013, 03:45 PM
OilerFan4Life

Quote:
Yet Morris is playing 3 more minutes a game?

I've heard both are available, if they are we should be looking. As we should with anyone that can play top 4.

I don't see us getting a #1 d-man so personally I just spend that money to make a better defense corps as a whole. Defense by committee. Lets not have to worry if we get Shea Weber that if he gets hurt we are screwed.
I'm not sure what the defense pairings are in Phoenix right now (I thought Stone was playing with OEL) but there is no way Morris passes the eye test like Klesla does.

I'll watch the 2 more closely on Wednesday night.

Old
04-08-2013, 03:47 PM
OilerFan4Life

Quote:
Biggest problem I had with Gudbransson is he has zero for offense and we all knew that. It's no different then paying a 15 point defensive d-man 6mil a year. You just don't do that. Gudbransson needed to be closer to 10 then 1.
Definitely agree.

For all the high picks they've had in recent years, no organization has screwed up quite like Florida.

Old
04-08-2013, 03:53 PM
OilerFan4Life

If we can't re-sign Fistric and are able to bring in top 4 PMD, the other guy I'd target in free agency is Andrew Ference.

wants to return closer to home...from a good source.

Cup ring...check.
Tough....check.
Mean SOB....check.

Closed Thread