HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Taking off the helmet vs not

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-13-2013, 05:45 AM
  #1
Nordic*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tellus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,722
vCash: 500
Taking off the helmet vs not

A player like Douglas Murray always takes his helmet off in fights, but I rarely see the guy he fights do the same thing. What do you view that as, poor sportmanship or "smart" to protect yourself?



Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:55 AM
  #2
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,537
vCash: 500
Fistfight one guy has a helmet (and maybe a visor), while the other does not = obviously not fair. Fight fans have excuses, or rationalizations but come on guys...

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 11:02 AM
  #3
McDooRoo
Registered User
 
McDooRoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wyoming
Country: United States
Posts: 415
vCash: 500
I've always thought you should take your helmet off. I knew Crombeen wasnt going to take his helmet off against Murray because Crombeen is a pansy

McDooRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 11:19 AM
  #4
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,732
vCash: 500
you don't need to take your helmet off if you don't have a visor........

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 11:36 AM
  #5
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.
 
Gene Parmesan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 44,481
vCash: 500
Thornton and Benn both ditched the lids and neither have visors.

Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 12:07 PM
  #6
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,175
vCash: 500
If you dont wear a visor you dont have to ditch it, I dont blame players for not wanting to smash the back of their heads off the ice. A visor is a different story. I'm sure we'll have a bunch of internet tough guys saying differently in here but the day anyone on this forums goes up against Orr, Mcgratton etc. and takes off their helmet while doing it I'll accept what they say

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 02:48 PM
  #7
Quares27
Registered User
 
Quares27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
you don't need to take your helmet off if you don't have a visor........
You don't need to take your helmet off if you have a visor either.

Quares27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 02:51 PM
  #8
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps
 
billybudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 13,852
vCash: 500
This is a ***** move by Crombeen for a lot of reasons.

#1 he started the fight. Murray is obliging him in a fight he doesn't need to take in a game his team's winning

#2 Murray is a position player. Crombeen is a sideshow clown. Any time an actual player goes with a clown, he's doing him a favor

#3 Murray throws off his helmet so Crombeen doesn't risk breaking his hand on his visor. Considering Crombeen started the fight, this isn't something Murray is required to do. This is a third favor


That a goon keeps his lid on and a position player throws his off is selfish and shows a complete lack of respect. Just checked and Crombeen's getting roasted for this at hockeyfights.com

billybudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 02:51 PM
  #9
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quares27 View Post
You don't need to take your helmet off if you have a visor either.
yes. you do it if you're not a *****

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 04:12 PM
  #10
Magnifique
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 7,596
vCash: 500
That's total ******** to not take your helmet off while the other guy does. It is a respect factor. I have never seen someone keep their lid on while the other guy took his off. What a ***** move.

Magnifique is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 04:31 PM
  #11
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotes Persevere View Post
That's total ******** to not take your helmet off while the other guy does. It is a respect factor. I have never seen someone keep their lid on while the other guy took his off. What a ***** move.
happen often. If Murray want to fight with is helmet on, he just have to get ride of the shield. Crombenn is not in fault there. The guy choose to not play with a visor to keep is helmet when fighting....

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 04:36 PM
  #12
Quares27
Registered User
 
Quares27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
yes. you do it if you're not a *****
Then you could just as easily say that if the other guy takes off his helmet then you take off your helmet if you're not a *****.

Quares27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 04:41 PM
  #13
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quares27 View Post
Then you could just as easily say that if the other guy takes off his helmet then you take off your helmet if you're not a *****.
you can, but you're not obliged and you would not look like a piece of trash

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 05:38 PM
  #14
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps
 
billybudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 13,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
you can, but you're not obliged and you would not look like a piece of trash
Crombeen does look like a piece of trash here, so this doesn't make any sense.

billybudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 07:15 PM
  #15
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
Crombeen does look like a piece of trash here, so this doesn't make any sense.
no. Crombeen look like a guy that don't wear a visor because he know that he will fight unlike Murray.


so Boulton and Boll look like piece of trash there?





and I guess Murray is a piece of trash too because he keeped is visor again Godard

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:30 PM
  #16
Rookie Chargers
Registered User
 
Rookie Chargers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Quebec
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,751
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
no. Crombeen look like a guy that don't wear a visor because he know that he will fight unlike Murray.


so Boulton and Boll look like piece of trash there?





and I guess Murray is a piece of trash too because he keeped is visor again Godard
and when would you say he should have taken it off?

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 11:32 PM
  #17
Magnifique
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 7,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
happen often. If Murray want to fight with is helmet on, he just have to get ride of the shield. Crombenn is not in fault there. The guy choose to not play with a visor to keep is helmet when fighting....
Yes, yes he is at fault. Watch the fight. Murray wants to unload on him but doesn't because he doesn't want to break his hand. It was a ***** move, and it will be the next time a different player does it. If you are going to go with someone and they remove their helmet, you do so as well.

If you are too scared to take it off, don't drop your gloves.

Magnifique is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 11:38 PM
  #18
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover
 
Zen Arcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 15,754
vCash: 500
I wouldn't normally care, but it is kind of lame because Crombeen is the one that instigated the whole thing. If you want it that bad, at least go lids off when the guy you're chasing after did.

Zen Arcade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:01 AM
  #19
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotes Persevere View Post
Yes, yes he is at fault. Watch the fight. Murray wants to unload on him but doesn't because he doesn't want to break his hand. It was a ***** move, and it will be the next time a different player does it. If you are going to go with someone and they remove their helmet, you do so as well.

If you are too scared to take it off, don't drop your gloves.
no if youre going to go around the whole game without a visor on and risking the pucks and sticks and everything you dont need to take it off for a fight, if youre going to play with a visor all game and decide to fight you take it off.

Nothing wrong with leaving on a visorless helmet at all

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:28 PM
  #20
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
no if youre going to go around the whole game without a visor on and risking the pucks and sticks and everything you dont need to take it off for a fight, if youre going to play with a visor all game and decide to fight you take it off.

Nothing wrong with leaving on a visorless helmet at all
this.

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 05:38 AM
  #21
flyin_finn
Fighter Jet Pilot
 
flyin_finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,034
vCash: 500
Keeping the helmet shows huge arrogance or desire to appear tough without taking the risk to get hurt.

Either way - I cannot have any respect towards such player.

flyin_finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:44 AM
  #22
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Petawawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
no if youre going to go around the whole game without a visor on and risking the pucks and sticks and everything you dont need to take it off for a fight, if youre going to play with a visor all game and decide to fight you take it off.

Nothing wrong with leaving on a visorless helmet at all
The whole point of taking off a visor when you go to fight is because the visor is an unfair advantage and can cause harm to the fighter who doesn't have a visor on.

If you have to remove your bucket if it's got a visor, the roles become reversed. The guy with his helmet on has more protection than the guy without a helmet, and the guy without a helmet is more likely to injure himself during the fight.

It's a level playing field if: both guys have visors and don't remove their helmets, both guys have helmets without visors, or both guys take their helmets off.

If one guy has a visor and the other doesn't, they should both take them off out of respect and out of principle.

__________________
CanadianHockey________ __ __________Sens, Oilers, and Team Canada
CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:21 AM
  #23
madinsomniac
Registered User
 
madinsomniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,036
vCash: 500
If you have time to square up before the fight, you should drop the helmet. I can understand if the fight is spontaneous and you are in a full out throw down before you have time to take it off, but if you know you are going... drop it...

madinsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 11:11 AM
  #24
MonsterSurge
Registered User
 
MonsterSurge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500





MonsterSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 12:50 PM
  #25
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps
 
billybudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 13,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
no. Crombeen look like a guy that don't wear a visor because he know that he will fight unlike Murray.


so Boulton and Boll look like piece of trash there?





and I guess Murray is a piece of trash too because he keeped is visor again Godard
Yes, Boulton and Boll look like trash for keeping their lids.

No, Murray does not look like trash for not losing it against Godard (love Godard, by the way), who instigated this fight and was throwing before Murray even had his gloves off. Even if Murray had wanted to lose the lid, there wasn't time to do so.

billybudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.