HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

We Got Outplayed But wow The Flyers Should Buy a Lottery Ticket

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Milhouse40

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Good post.

Please feel free to be so compassionate toward David Desharnais on occasion when things do not go so well.

You are kind of getting a sense of what its like to constantly read all of the DD bashing now that its aimed at Eller, right?
Hmmmm
I'm not compassionate about Eller's position.
Just analyzing the fact that he played for the first time with a top 6 line duties.
He didn't played well....but it was his first time.

There's a difference between judging someone while getting first chance........and judging someone who keeps getting them for 2 years.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:34 PM
MsChanandlerBong
The Chan-Chan Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvon11 View Post
What happened to Patches? Was he not out there at the end?
Yeah he played the full game, but apparently now has an ankle injury and was seen after the game with crutches.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Frankenheimer

I've come to the conclusion losing really, really sucks no matter how well the season is going. That's a bug in the system. We should normally feel this less, given the broader perspective, and yet, here we are, feeling gloom.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:39 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Judging a player entirely by faceoffs and +/- is brutally disingenuous. But no surprise where it's coming from.

Eller had a bad game. He showed, and not for the first time, that he's no Plekanec and that his decision making in the offensive zone is questionable. I don't want Eller anchoring my first line.

However he did create chances and at times outplayed the competition. And the -4 has as much to do with the fact that the coach felt the need to keep him out there against the Flyers best players because Desharnais can't handle that job.

But yeah, he was bad. He should be forced to go over the video of that terrible game to understand why he's a third liner and might never be more than that. But +/- is still useless and I can't take anyone seriously who brings it up out of context.
this.

Old
Et le But

Quote:
I am a Habs fan. I hate this DD vs Eller bull **** every night we have a game and the DD bashers are the most vocal of all.

Tonight, I get a chance to turn the tables. I will bash the hell out of Eller to show you the futility and the lunacy of bashing any single player on the Habs roster.
Except you bash Eller every time you can cherry pick a flaw to show he had a bad game without context - today he had a bad game and deserves to be criticized and called the third liner he is (though oddly enough you choose to focus on two of the least significant reasons), though you have made the same post after good games because he doesn't get a point or was bad on faceoffs you feel the need to bring it up to remind "fanboys".

And you never actually talk about Desharnais except when it's to bring up Eller for no reason. In fact I can't recall a single instance of you mentioning Desharnais in either a good or a bad way without going off on a tangent about Eller fanboys.

Nice try though. Fair and balanced indeed.

Old
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

The team-wide play has been mediocre, but perhaps they played like this knowing tomorrow's opponent is rested...

Old
04-03-2013, 10:40 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Always about the mythical competition between the two.

They are both Habs players getting lots of ice time. DD in a more offensive role. Eller in a more defensive role.

All I read is that Eller should be promoted because he is this offensive wizard who is being held back by the inept coach and the evil Desharnais creature.

Tonight he gets a chance to shine on the top line and showcase his offensive skills (remember the mantra............PP time for Eller because he will score the goals)

What happened? Mental breakdown to the point he could not only handle the pressure, but he forgot how to win a faceoff and forgot how to play defense.

I am a Habs fan. I hate this DD vs Eller bull **** every night we have a game and the DD bashers are the most vocal of all.

Tonight, I get a chance to turn the tables. I will bash the hell out of Eller to show you the futility and the lunacy of bashing any single player on the Habs roster.

It will not change the outcome of the game. It will not change the ice time that either player will get. It will not change the roles that the coach sees fit to help this team win games.

No, it will be nothing but a chance to bash to pump my favorite player.

Pretty foolish, dont you think?

Have a pleasant evening.

Go Habs Go
business as usual it seems.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Dekar

The truth of the matter is that these chemistryless, bad-luck-laden games are going to happen to even the best team in history, once in awhile. Happening to us a small number of times in the season is nothing to worry about.

Also, we have a good record on the second half of back-to-back games, and I'm going to the game tomorrow against the Jets, so we should be good then.

(he says after he attended the first two Leaf games, 2-1 and 6-0 losses)

Old
04-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Nedved

these th 2n guys are hilarious.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:43 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
I've come to the conclusion losing really, really sucks no matter how well the season is going. That's a bug in the system. We should normally feel this less, given the broader perspective, and yet, here we are, feeling gloom.
Seeing as how we are only coming to a contending position in the east this year, many fans have a hard time trusting it will continue. I think the bipolarness of the board will go down a bit if we can repeat a high-seed finish next year.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Yvon11

If Patches is on crutches, then his foot is probably broken. Play-offs in doubt!!!! What will the lines be tomorrow?

Old
04-03-2013, 10:53 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvon11 View Post
If Patches is on crutches, then his foot is probably broken. Play-offs in doubt!!!! What will the lines be tomorrow?
We are going to dress the 2nd round pick of 2013. I heard he's a beauty. The trainers are having a hard time fitting his last name on the jersey though.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Once Flyers started to impose their physical will, Habs crumbled. Tonight's game was like a playoff game.
Wow my bad luck....I usually watch the scores online and read up about the game but decided to watch first game this year and p u ..they stuck out the joint!!!! Looks like the Habs teams for the last 10 years..scared of the corner and the crowd noise, stand around Price etc. etc.... against a team with a depleted lineup.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:04 PM
25get

vCash: 50
Eller did replace Plek without any priors.
I think we can not judge him on this game alone.
If Plek is injured and Eller can practice, especially PP with Gionta and Ryder, I do expect better results.

At some point it seemed like Eller was a bit nervous.
He is used to be the leader on his line but when he played with Ryder and Gionta, he was giving the puck to his linemates too fast.

If Eller can have a few games and practice a bit we should see more what he can do.
To me Plekanec being injured is an opportunity for Eller to raise to the next level.
He is ready!

BTW, I have heard that Galchenyuk was present when they were analyzing the PP on video but never about Eller...

Old
04-03-2013, 11:05 PM
rockjngo

Josh Gorges, David Desharnais, Michael Ryder & Alex Galchenyuk

I'm not knocking on Josh Gorges defensive play but his skating troubles me. His acceleration takes forever. It takes PK 2-3 strides to get from blue line to red line, Gorges takes about 8. You can see it when Gorges skates back to get the puck while PK just stood on the other side waiting. When Gorges is in the corner he legs spread out like he's gonna fall. Looks to me like he doesn't have power on his legs, ala center gravity. Even Kaberle has natural strides when compare to Gorges.

Onto David Desharnais, after his contract he doesn't look like he has any desire to play. He quits too much on plays and never win any corner battles. I know, once the playoffs rolls around, I don't expect David Desharnais to show up. I see Max Pacoiretty getting frustrated as he has to do everything.

Alex Galchenyuk looks like he doesn't have confidence. I've watch Gally27 play in junior and he's a leader and talks on the ice, now I see him quiet. He's not the same character when we drafted him. He keeps shooting from 50 feet out, He should go back to his roots and make smarter plays. Doesn't look like he's comfortable on the wing.

Michael Ryder looks to me like he plays well against certain teams. Especially against Boston, or Montreal, he's lights out good, if we ever meet Boston in the playoffs, Ryder will play well, much like Erik Cole against Montreal. But against most of the teams in the league, Ryder disappears. Why is that?

Old
04-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Habs

Oh look another.... 'this is whats wrong with a bunch of our players' after a loss, post.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:13 PM
25get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
Wow my bad luck....I usually watch the scores online and read up about the game but decided to watch first game this year and p u ..they stuck out the joint!!!! Looks like the Habs teams for the last 10 years..scared of the corner and the crowd noise, stand around Price etc. etc.... against a team with a depleted lineup.
Let's see how Habs play on April 15th!
This is one game and Habs were not good from the getgo.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:14 PM
pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
We are going to dress the 2nd round pick of 2013. I heard he's a beauty. The trainers are having a hard time fitting his last name on the jersey though.
Dude, get over it already.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:15 PM
Scotianhab

We managed just 6 shots on goal after Moen decided to give their team and fans an energy boost by fighting. Then Prust fought Rinaldo and got their team/fans into the game even more. That building was dead until that first fight happened.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
We managed just 6 shots on goal after Moen decided to give their team and fans an energy boost by fighting. Then Prust fought Rinaldo and got their team/fans into the game even more. That building was dead until that first fight happened.
So you like that old Jacques Martin strategy: don't ever fight to not give anybody energy. Keep it cold and systematic.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:39 PM
LastRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Why would you want the Habs to overpay for someone at the deadline? Trade deadline is the equivalent of an essay deadline, if you procrastinate until the last minute, you will not have a product as good as it could have been if you had worked on it ahead of time.

The Habs already made the trades and moves they wanted to make in the days and weeks leading up to the trade deadline. I am more satisfied with a GM and team who knows what they are doing and that doesn't make desperate moves at the last minute. This way, I know the Habs have a plan in place and will make more pre-meditated and intelligent moves. If you wanted them to make a trade just for the sake of it, go play NHL 13.
Dude, you have a lot to learn. Who said anything about overpaying ?. You assume over payment on any trade. Did the Bruins, Penguins, Rangers overpay ?. They all got better, and we didn't simple as that. Clowe had 2 goals tonight. You make it sound like all our rookies are going to be superstars so we shouldn't send anyone packing.

You must have been a Bob Gainey backer. That guy knew nothing about hockey other than he played the game. You think the Habs are in 1st because of Bergevin. He still has a lot to prove. When we were fighting for a playoff spot. We made no moves because it would be a long shot which is understandable. Now were in 1st in the division and still make no significant moves. This has been going on for a few years now. All minor trades or a good player for another good player. You have to make moves at some point to better the team. The Ryder trade. That was done to shed salary, and Cole wasn't playing good. It just happened to work out better for us. Halpern and Drewiske were depth moves. Hope your not hanging your hat on these as Stanley Cup moves..LOL

I hear the same thing every year by the same people. Why make a trade!. Why overpay for players!. Why trade our superstar rookies!. Trades are no good and we should never make a trade!. Not any that are significant anyways.Bob Gainey is the Best!. Bergevin is a mastermind...LOL

Last edited by LastRide: 04-03-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Old
04-03-2013, 11:44 PM
coolasprICE

Bergevin and Therrien should be fired for this loss

Old
04-03-2013, 11:47 PM
Brainiac

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Suck ass all game.
Don't compete for icing.
Deflect puck in own net.
It's like a haiku, describing the habs' game!

We should have a contest or something for those!

Old
04-03-2013, 11:58 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

"We Got Outplayed But How The Flyers Should Buy a Lottery Ticket"

What?

Old
04-04-2013, 12:06 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post