HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion Numero Siete

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2013, 01:59 AM
Leidi J

vCash: 500
October 12th:
Mirco Mueller with an assist and +1 in a 4-3 Everett OT loss.
Gabryel Boudreau with a goal in a 2-1 win.
Christophe Lalancette with 2 assists in a 4-2 win.
Sean Kuraly with a goal, 5 shots, and +1 in a 6-3 Miami win.

Old
10-13-2013, 02:01 AM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigPAVELSKI View Post
October 12th:
Mirco Mueller with an assist and +1 in a 4-3 Everett OT loss.
Gabryel Boudreau with a goal in a 2-1 win.
Christophe Lalancette with 2 assists in a 4-2 win.
Sean Kuraly with a goal, 5 shots, and +1 in a 6-3 Miami win.
O'Regan with a goal vs Holy Cross. 3-2 BU win.

Old
10-13-2013, 02:04 AM
Leidi J

Michael Brodzinski didn't appear to play for Minnesota tonight some reason...

Old
10-13-2013, 02:08 AM
hohosaregood
Drunken Snacking

Hey guys, who are your favorite prospects right now? Excluding Nieto and Hertl since we all love these two.

Old
10-13-2013, 02:09 AM
RexFeral
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Michael Brodzinski didn't appear to play for Minnesota tonight some reason...
He played last night against Mercyhurst. They must have dressed 12 defensemen for that game or they just gave him a shift every 8 minutes. Looked reluctant to get in position to receive the puck from his partner a couple times but made a few good plays in the o-zone. Kinda meh.

Old
10-13-2013, 02:09 AM
RexFeral
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohosaregood View Post
Hey guys, who are your favorite prospects right now? Excluding Nieto and Hertl since we all love these two.
Joakim Ryan.

Old
10-13-2013, 02:11 AM
KirbyDots

Quote:
O'Regan and Applesaucer. Galimov is intriguing too but nobody seems to know anything about him.

Old
10-13-2013, 02:14 AM
RexFeral
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
O'Regan and Applesaucer. Galimov is intriguing too but nobody seems to know anything about him.
There's a decent youtube video of Galimov with him being interviewed and some highlights of a Lokomotiv game. And that's about it...

Old
10-13-2013, 02:15 AM
Leidi J

Quote:
I really like Sean Kuraly (Hertl size, 6'2" 195). Has size that a lot of our prospects seem to lack. He's had some rough years points wise but everything i've heard is that he was either snake-bitten or adjusting. And he's also had some eye-popping offensive years (namely the one that got him drafted by the sharks). I've also heard that his defensive game is already advanced and very sound. I think he could be very good. He was great for team USA.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/sean_kuraly/

Quote:
Kuraly is a two-way centerman. He has all the tools to be a good offensive player but he just has not been able to find any consistency at the collegiate level to let that side of his game show. His strong playmaking abilities and better than average shot would indicate there is more offense in the tank.

While his anemic offense dumbfounds scouts and coaches, his penalty killing prowess and solid hockey I.Q. excite. The player uses his speed well, and creates opportunities on the rush; he has just not been able to capitalize on them. If he can ever improve upon his shot accuracy, he could be a very dynamic two-way forward with NHL potential. As it stands now, Kuraly is on the outside looking in.
Also, Mirco. Is it too much for me to hope for him to be Vlasic 2.0 at the worst?

Old
10-13-2013, 02:23 AM
RexFeral
Registered Boozer

Quote:
I really like Sean Kuraly (Hertl size, 6'2" 195). Has size that a lot of our prospects seem to lack. He's had some rough years points wise but everything i've heard is that he was either snake-bitten or adjusting. And he's also had some eye-popping offensive years (namely the one that got him drafted by the sharks). I've also heard that his defensive game is already advanced and very sound. I think he could be very good. He was great for team USA.

Also, Mirco. Is it too much for me to hope for him to be Vlasic 2.0 at the worst?
I'm not sold on his hands/puck control. I really like everything else. Kuraly that is.

Old
10-13-2013, 02:29 AM
Leidi J

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexFeral View Post
I'm not sold on his hands/puck control. I really like everything else. Kuraly that is.
Well yea, the offense is the inconsistent/questionable portion. I think he'll have a bounce back year... but who knows.

Still, if his offense never shows, he could still be an excellent 3rd/4th liner with his size and defensive skills. Always nice/useful. After watching our 4th line tonight... woof. Could use an upgrade to some guys who can actually play defense and contribute on the PK reliably. And it's always better if you can do that from within the org without spending too much.

Anyways, I think that's his floor. Hopefully he can work it out and aspire to more than that.

Old
10-13-2013, 11:14 AM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Fischer View Post
He was snake bitten for most of last year. Pretty much every game I saw him in at the start of the season he was clanging posts, left and right. Eventually because of the poor production (read: he was getting chances, he just couldn't finish), he just got relegated to a checking role and the coaches felt comfortable with him there.
Weren't you the person who said that it's not just bad luck when I talked about Kuraly being quite unlucky last season?

I mentioned more then a couple of times that he wasn't getting any breaks, at all. and that it wouldn't be surprising to me at all to see him have a breakout season - not many people agreed with me at the time.

Old
10-13-2013, 05:33 PM
sharski

Quote:

I know zero about him, but didn't the draft people say his ceiling was vlasic 2.0? Lol

Old
10-13-2013, 05:41 PM
Leidi J

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharski View Post
I know zero about him, but didn't the draft people say his ceiling was vlasic 2.0? Lol
Well, granted ceiling is like the best possible outcome, but some people said Suter. Which would be like... **** yea.

But I think that Vlasic is more like his floor. Or at least the reasonable middle expectation in the Sharks' minds, I think. Some in the other boards mentioned Hjalmarsson. Though people responded that he has better puck moving skills than Hjalmarsson.

I dunno, really no one can do anything more than make educated guesses. And I don't claim to be even close to the most educated on these forums. Someone come tell me that I'm completely wrong lol

Old
10-13-2013, 06:09 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1891
Dude, Vlasic is a top-2 defenseman who is one of the single best shut-down players in the league while playing insanely tough minutes. If Vlasic were his floor, he would have gone top-5.

Vlasic, Hjalmarsson, Josi are all good stylistic comps, but I doubt Mueller becomes as good as Vlasic or Josi, probably more like Hjalmarsson realistically.

Old
10-13-2013, 06:13 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Dude, Vlasic is a top-2 defenseman who is one of the single best shut-down players in the league while playing insanely tough minutes. If Vlasic were his floor, he would have gone top-5.

Vlasic, Hjalmarsson, Josi are all good stylistic comps, but I doubt Mueller becomes as good as Vlasic or Josi, probably more like Hjalmarsson realistically.
This. I hope he has more offense than Hammer though. If he turns out like Josi I'd be so happy.

Old
10-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Kitten Mittons

Realistically, he'll be a bottom pairing dman in the AHL.

Old
10-14-2013, 11:06 AM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

I dont know what to expect from Mueller at this time. He had .49 PPG in 63 games in Everett last season. Its only 8 games but he is on a 0.5 PPG pace this year. Unless he shows a significant improvement i will expect him to be a middle-tier 2nd pairing D-man.

Too early to judge. After how DW made the pick for Hertl, I am willing to give Mueller more time before I jump to a conclusion. More so because he is a D-man.

10-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Alaskanice

I'm tipping my hat to Boudreau. I'm also going to mention Jackson. Both are slight but it sounds as if they're shifty players.

Old
10-14-2013, 03:27 PM
hohosaregood
Drunken Snacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
I dont know what to expect from Mueller at this time. He had .49 PPG in 63 games in Everett last season. Its only 8 games but he is on a 0.5 PPG pace this year. Unless he shows a significant improvement i will expect him to be a middle-tier 2nd pairing D-man.

Too early to judge. After how DW made the pick for Hertl, I am willing to give Mueller more time before I jump to a conclusion. More so because he is a D-man.
I'm gonna make an early prediction that he becomes a Suter-esque guy. Get back to me in 5 years before we all laugh at how wrong I am.

Old
10-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Leidi J

Chris Tierney had a goal and an assist in today's 3-2 OT loss for the Knights.

So far in 9 games played:
5 G, 7 A, 12 Pts, +4

Old
10-14-2013, 06:07 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Chris Tierney had a goal and an assist in today's 3-2 OT loss for the Knights.

So far in 9 games played:
5 G, 7 A, 12 Pts, +4
Anyone have notes on his usage? I know Domi is suspended.

Old
10-14-2013, 06:12 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Anyone have notes on his usage? I know Domi is suspended.
Today was Domi's 2nd game back.

Tierney was getting some scoring line minutes while he was out and he's being used regularly on the PP.

Hunter doesn't really stick w/ his lines for very long but Tierney isn't giving up anything defensively while the offensive upside I've been talking about is starting to show.

Old
10-14-2013, 07:29 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
Today was Domi's 2nd game back.

Tierney was getting some scoring line minutes while he was out and he's being used regularly on the PP.

Hunter doesn't really stick w/ his lines for very long but Tierney isn't giving up anything defensively while the offensive upside I've been talking about is starting to show.
Linemates? Rupert and Anderson/Marner?

Good to hear, anyway. He was extremely impressive in the Young Stars tournament so I hope the numbers follow.

Old
10-14-2013, 07:36 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Linemates? Rupert and Anderson/Marner?

Good to hear, anyway. He was extremely impressive in the Young Stars tournament so I hope the numbers follow.
He's been skating w/ Anderson, Platzer, Ryan Rupert, Jammes...the lines change almost shift to shift (I'm only slightly exaggerating).

Closed Thread