HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion Numero Siete

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-05-2013, 11:38 PM
  #776
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow
 
DrFeelgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Redwood City, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=689253

Mueller feature on his leadership
Is that the same Kevin Constantine that was here in San Jose in '93-'95 coaching him in Everett?

DrFeelgood is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 10:16 AM
  #777
stalockrox
Registered User
 
stalockrox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
Is that the same Kevin Constantine that was here in San Jose in '93-'95 coaching him in Everett?
Yes it is.

stalockrox is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 12:29 PM
  #778
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow
 
DrFeelgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Redwood City, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
Yes it is.

DrFeelgood is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 12:48 PM
  #779
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,978
vCash: 1379
Hey Stalock, what are your thoughts on boy Horvat?

TheJuxtaposer is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 01:55 PM
  #780
Lebanezer
Registered User
 
Lebanezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Hey Stalock, what are your thoughts on boy Horvat?
I don't know anything about Horvat, but man that Tierney kid is big.

Lebanezer is online now  
Old
11-06-2013, 02:28 PM
  #781
stalockrox
Registered User
 
stalockrox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Hey Stalock, what are your thoughts on boy Horvat?
Horvat has been Horvat, he's been very good offensively and defensively.

The Knights severely miss their top two d-men though.

stalockrox is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 06:51 PM
  #782
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,978
vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
Horvat has been Horvat, he's been very good offensively and defensively.

The Knights severely miss their top two d-men though.
I mean, what kid of upside does he have? And what's up with Domi? I only ask you because I know you've seen Knights games.

TheJuxtaposer is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 07:15 PM
  #783
stalockrox
Registered User
 
stalockrox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I mean, what kid of upside does he have? And what's up with Domi? I only ask you because I know you've seen Knights games.
Oh - I still think he has borderline first line upside and he's going to give the Canucks a ton of defensive value.

I'm not sure what's going on with Domi, he shows flashes (and sometimes entire games) of absolute brilliance with the puck. His puck skills and playmaking abilities are ridiculous, however, he seems to maybe have inherited some his dads temper and it gets him in trouble at times, he also still needs work on his defensive game.

stalockrox is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 07:21 PM
  #784
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,978
vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
Oh - I still think he has borderline first line upside and he's going to give the Canucks a ton of defensive value.

I'm not sure what's going on with Domi, he shows flashes (and sometimes entire games) of absolute brilliance with the puck. His puck skills and playmaking abilities are ridiculous, however, he seems to maybe have inherited some his dads temper and it gets him in trouble at times, he also still needs work on his defensive game.
Great. Thanks.

TheJuxtaposer is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 10:57 AM
  #785
stalockrox
Registered User
 
stalockrox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,871
vCash: 500
Minnesota (Brodzinski) takes on Norte Dame tonight at 5pm on NBC Sports Net. Two very good teams should make for an entertaining game.

stalockrox is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 02:02 PM
  #786
WallinWillSaveUs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
I will be at the game so hopefully it proves to be an entertaining one.

WallinWillSaveUs is offline  
Old
11-08-2013, 09:07 PM
  #787
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 56,988
vCash: 500
http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/
Ausmus feature

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
11-09-2013, 10:59 AM
  #788
stalockrox
Registered User
 
stalockrox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,871
vCash: 500
Joakim Ryan had himself a pretty good game last night with 2g + 1a in Cornell's 3-3 tie vs. Rensselaer.

stalockrox is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 06:40 PM
  #789
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 56,988
vCash: 500
Kuraly on CBS Sports right now. (Miami OH vs Wisconsin)

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 07:12 PM
  #790
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 56,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Kuraly on CBS Sports right now. (Miami OH vs Wisconsin)
First ended. Commentators commenting that Kuraly is the best Miami player on the ice tonight.

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 09:00 PM
  #791
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.
 
Gene Parmesan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 40,417
vCash: 500
Kuraly was a beast..except for that penalty at the end there.

Gene Parmesan is online now  
Old
11-15-2013, 09:18 PM
  #792
KirbyDots
Registered User
 
KirbyDots's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mountain View, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,259
vCash: 500
BU lost 7-0 to Maine. O'Regan was only -1. The team is really missing Jack Parker and Nieto! Kinda hope O'Regan goes to Worcester as fast as he can, they could use him.

KirbyDots is online now  
Old
11-15-2013, 09:25 PM
  #793
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 56,988
vCash: 500
ChrisDilks 6:16pm via SB Nation Miami Shuts Out Wisconsin 2-0 sbn.to/1aJ68yb






FWIW, Kuraly is class of '16. Just a sophomore. Wonder how many more years (months?) he'll play in college.


(He'll be 20 in January)

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 09:26 PM
  #794
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.
 
Gene Parmesan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 40,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
BU lost 7-0 to Maine. O'Regan was only -1. The team is really missing Jack Parker and Nieto! Kinda hope O'Regan goes to Worcester as fast as he can, they could use him.
Pretty impressive for a top line guy to be a -1 in a 7-0 ass kicking. I remember Jeff Finger going -3 in a 9-3 Leafs win once. Thats the opposite.

Gene Parmesan is online now  
Old
11-15-2013, 10:25 PM
  #795
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Fistfullofbeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
Country: India
Posts: 8,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
First ended. Commentators commenting that Kuraly is the best Miami player on the ice tonight.
I did not know that Wingo's brother Johnny plays for Miami as well.

__________________
What?! Look, he thinks he's people!
Fistfullofbeer is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 10:30 PM
  #796
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,978
vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
ChrisDilks 6:16pm via SB Nation Miami Shuts Out Wisconsin 2-0 sbn.to/1aJ68yb






FWIW, Kuraly is class of '16. Just a sophomore. Wonder how many more years (months?) he'll play in college.


(He'll be 20 in January)
Kuraly will turn 21 in January, just fyi.

TheJuxtaposer is offline  
Old
11-15-2013, 10:56 PM
  #797
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 56,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Kuraly will turn 21 in January, just fyi.
Time warp. Still thinking it's 2012. I blame the lockout.

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
11-17-2013, 11:28 AM
  #798
stalockrox
Registered User
 
stalockrox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,871
vCash: 500
Chris Tierney has turned his game up another level so far in November.

He's been skating pretty regularly (at least by Hunter standards) with Marner and Domi and has put up 4g + 9a in 8 games. He's also only been held pointless in one of those games.

His season totals so far: 22 games - 11g, 16a.

stalockrox is offline  
Old
11-17-2013, 11:36 AM
  #799
hohosaregood
Drunken Snacking
 
hohosaregood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
Chris Tierney has turned his game up another level so far in November.

He's been skating pretty regularly (at least by Hunter standards) with Marner and Domi and has put up 4g + 9a in 8 games. He's also only been held pointless in one of those games.

His season totals so far: 22 games - 11g, 16a.
How much of it is Tierney being awesome? Marner seems to be London's new stud and Domi is obviously a high skill guy, so I'm just curious how much of it is due to Tierney's skills.

hohosaregood is offline  
Old
11-17-2013, 11:45 AM
  #800
stalockrox
Registered User
 
stalockrox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohosaregood View Post
How much of it is Tierney being awesome? Marner seems to be London's new stud and Domi is obviously a high skill guy, so I'm just curious how much of it is due to Tierney's skills.
It's a well constructed line which is why they've been skating together quite a bit but Tierney has just as much to do with their success as Marner and Domi, his two way play drives the possession on that line.

He also continues to contribute on the score sheet when he's away from those two.

stalockrox is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.