HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Believe in the bag! Oilers win 8-2

Old
04-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Lewy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Yakupov's shot is electric when you see it live. We really need to work on getting him more looks from the right side of the ice especially.

He could've easily had a hat trick tonight.
I don't know about you but I can never see the puck come off his stick on the t.v. His release is truly world-class.
It looked to me like R.K. stuck Nugent-Hopkins out on the P.P. opposite Yakupov late in the game yesterday to try it out, but the puck didn't work itself to RNH to set up Yaks for the One-Timer.

Lewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 08:27 AM
Six in O6

The Oilers statistics are rounding out nicely. As mentioned above, 3rd pp, 7th pk. Pretty good road record, home is getting there. Finally starting to score 5on5 goals and our GF and significantly increased. + goal differential is nice also.

If we can put some consistent points out to end the season, we might be some satisfied fans. This team is really going right now. I'm glad to have Hall playing in April.

Six in O6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:11 AM
sync
BECAUSE...REASONS!!!

best birthday present EVER

sync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:19 AM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Agreed. Brown did his role nicely tonight. That fight after the Flames scored the first two goals probably pumped the boys up a bit.
Score was 1-0 when Brown fought. Flames scored their second about 45 seconds later.

Moose Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:26 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Agreed. Brown did his role nicely tonight. That fight after the Flames scored the first two goals probably pumped the boys up a bit.
I would say the Gagner goal was huge, the tying goal from Hall to Whitney, and the Gagner setup to Yak.

I don't think at any point the boys were prepared to let this one drift away. Attribution to Brown in this instance I think is misleading. Don't think it was a factor. Also it was 1-0 at the time. Calgary scored the 2-0 goal 50 secs after the fight and so perhaps a better argument could be made that the fight continued the Calgary momentum.

Reasonably speaking what would one believe? That a Gagner goal 5 mins later had anything to do with the fight or a Calgary goal 50 secs after the fight had anything to do with the fight. Or the alternative that the fight was an insignificant part of the game. Certainly it didn't make the Flames have to pay attention to Brown as he was out for quite awhile after that missing more than a period of play.

Last edited by Replacement: 04-04-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:26 AM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

vCash: 50
Eberle's game lately has come around big time. I know there has been allot to talk about regarding Hall, Yaks, and RNH....but I think Ebs deserves a big ovation for coming back to form.

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Eberle's game lately has come around big time. I know there has been allot to talk about regarding Hall, Yaks, and RNH....but I think Ebs deserves a big ovation for coming back to form.
Finger is probably better. Playing with the Second Coming is also helping.

Moose Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:37 AM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaOil1993 View Post
It will be HUGE if we can get 2 points in Vancouver tomorrow. Sucks that St. Louis has 2 games in hand on us. Chicago and Phoenix need to do us a favor and beat the Blue and Red Wings. Would be tied for 7th if we get some luck and a win.
if we beat vancouver we are legit in contention to not just make the playoffs but to fight for the division. home ice in the playoffs? yes please

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:38 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
Finger is probably better. Playing with the Second Coming is also helping.
He generally starts slow as well.

I went to take a leak about 35 seconds before the CGY goal, decided to do a quick shave and came back to hear the siren going off. I thought my god already 1 nothing. Then I looked 2-0. Then they show Brown leaving all busted up and I was worried what the hell else was going to go wrong.

And then it turned heavily in our favour. I know the Detroit comparison comes up of what we were trying to become, but last night was one of the first nights I thought wow this is what Detroit does. Just kept attacking thus frustrating the Flames who took stupid penalties. We then lit them up where it counts most.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:39 AM
joestevens29

@TSNRyanRishaug: Only Stamkos 1.31 and Crosby 1.56 have better ppg average than Taylor Hall 1.24 (Minimum 30 games).

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Gord
Tesla

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
I got a new job today and the Oilers blow out the Flamers in Calgary.
congrats man, for the job and good work by the oilers.
I only saw the third period, but is was enjoyable to see the oilers run up the score on them.
excellent job by horcoff in the faceoff circle. with gagner and RNH so bad at it, It's good to have horcoff in the lineup again.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:57 AM
ExOilerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
I think it has more to do with Hall going into god mode than Eberle himself tbh

ExOilerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:00 AM
ca phe sua da
Craig's on it

vCash: 730
is it bad that I thoroughly enjoyed the Calgary fans booing their team at the end of the game?

Btw, how that "not going to rebuild/run my team into the ground" thing working out for you Feaster haha

ca phe sua da is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Beerfish

Nothing better than spanking the Flames back to back. It's also nice to see a mass change of attitude by their fans re 'tanking'. They better get used to being beat down in the boa, the balance of power has shifted.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:10 AM
bleed_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Nothing better than spanking the Flames back to back. It's also nice to see a mass change of attitude by their fans re 'tanking'. They better get used to being beat down in the boa, the balance of power has shifted.
God they were horrific last night. The Flames will be rebuilding for at least 4-5 years IMO.
That issue aside, they are still a team with some reasonable talent (Giordano, Stajan, Wideman, Hudler) so its very impressive how we beat the crap out of them... I dont care if they suck or not.

bleed_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:11 AM
bleed_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Yakupov's shot is electric when you see it live. We really need to work on getting him more looks from the right side of the ice especially.

He could've easily had a hat trick tonight.
Yep easy to lose in the shuffle. But the kid has some sick, sick talent. He will score a hell of a lot of NHL goals.

bleed_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:11 AM
Fuhryous

This song came to mind when the Oilers made it 6-2 and showed no signs of sitting back.

" 'Cause we hunt you down without mercy
Hunt you down all nightmare long
Feel us breathe upon your face
Feel us shift, every move we trace

Hunt you down without mercy
Hunt you down all nightmare long, yeah
Luck runs out, you crawl back in
But your luck runs out"

Fuhryous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Turtle Renji

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleed_oil View Post
Yep easy to lose in the shuffle. But the kid has some sick, sick talent. He will score a hell of a lot of NHL goals.
Yes he will, he's a keeper.

Man after SOO many years of mediocre players and teams, it SO nice to have legit high end offensive talent on this team.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:14 AM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
Seeing Hall go beast mode right now cracks me up with the hate on the main board. Remember when Tavares was "infinitely" better than Hall?

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Turtle Renji

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
Seeing Hall go beast mode right now cracks me up with the hate on the main board. Remember when Tavares was "infinitely" better than Hall?
Of course he is....if you go to bed after all the Eastern Conference games are done

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:24 AM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
I actually want Yak to do the robot after his next goal, then when the media asks him about it, he can tell them all the media want him to act like a robot.
LOL, that would be amazing.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Eskie Jetski

I had a dream last night where I went to the next Flames game and the Saddledome was half full, so I snuck down to the front row and nobody cared. Then the Flames allowed 10 goals in the first period. Stupid alarm clock woke me up before the game ended.

Eskie Jetski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:29 AM
bombers15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
if we beat vancouver we are legit in contention to not just make the playoffs but to fight for the division. home ice in the playoffs? yes please
Well, I don't know about that.

5 points behind both Vancouver and Minny with 12 games to go. Making up 5 points in 12 games is nearly impossible, not to mention doing it to two different teams.

bombers15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:32 AM
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

that felt really freaking good

all those years of Sutter taking these games more serious than MacT and the boys without an answer...
or Iggy scoring those big goals...
or Regher running Hemmer every shift...
or "The Dion" taking runs at every player
or Kipper stoning us at every turn

finally the Oilers are fighting back...winning 4 of the last 5 match-ups

CantHaveTkachev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Fuhryous

Just another thought, Tambellini keeps the roster intact on TDD as a way of saying "I'm trusting this team as is and have faith in them to make the playoffs". The team responds by putting a headless snowman up on the board.

Fuhryous is offline   Reply With Quote