Notices

Sharks beats the Wild 4-2

Old
04-04-2013, 01:09 AM
Gaps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Yeah, but there's nothing we can do about it. And if that trade didn't happen today, there very well STILL may have been nothing we could do about it.
This. The depth on D is terrible with Suter and Brodin (and Gilbert in his normal shape) being the only reliable ones. You don't make a deep playoff run when your defense looks like ours.

Gaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:11 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Wait. Are you actually saying that the trade hurts, because we quickly raised the bar and am no longer properly "managing" our expectations? Doug? Is that you?
Naaa. We're just impatient is all. This team is a borderline playoff team to a sleeper without Pom.

Quote:
If anything, with the defense crumbling, we're gonna need to score some more freaking goals. We're gonna need Pominville much more now. And with Cullen and Heatley out now, those expectations can relax a bit.
The expectations are still there. 2nd round or bust. Hell, we are now considered a sleeper for the SCF. Poor Backstrom though. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes a long vacation.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:11 AM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
There is some dispute on whether the slash caused the injury. It looks like he rolls onto his wrist when Heatley gets pulled down by Vlasic. He looked fine after the slash when he was going after Vlasic. None of this would've happened if the refs did their job and threw these two into the box after the first scrum a minute earlier that was crossing the line.
What the hell are you watching? He got hammered across the wrist then went down then Vlasic went after him while he was down, all Heatley did was get up and then thrown down again by Vlasic.

Blizzard6411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:12 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 165
The defense is something we address in the summer. As in moving some more guys (Clutterbuck) to upgrade the blueline. We can't drastically fix the blueline and forwards at the same time. We've spent this past year upgrading up front....now it's time to work on the back end.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:14 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
The defense is something we address in the summer. As in moving some more guys (Clutterbuck) to upgrade the blueline. We can't drastically fix the blueline and forwards at the same time. We've spent this past year upgrading up front....now it's time to work on the back end.
Uh, we've spent the last 3 years upgrading up front. The problem is, is getting some potential back on the blueline. I think that is the biggest issue right now. We have warm bodies but no solid guys. BTW, we shouldn't keep moving forwards. We'll lose a lot of grit if we move Clutterbuck.

BTW, the defense should have been worked on here and there in the past 3 years. The depth has been atrocious since Riser has been GM. And it hasn't gotten any better under CF.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:14 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Naaa. We're just impatient is all. This team is a borderline playoff team to a sleeper without Pom.

The expectations are still there. 2nd round or bust. Hell, we are now considered a sleeper for the SCF. Poor Backstrom though. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes a long vacation.
We've been waiting for a long time.

In regards to Backs, he can have that vacation as long as he's back in the fall. And I say that as someone who was looking forward to getting his contract off the books. But with Harding now, we can't lose him.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:16 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
We've been waiting for a long time.
We would have made the playoffs regardless. But we aren't going to go deep if this is our defense and goaltending units. That's the problem.

Quote:
In regards to Backs, he can have that vacation as long as he's back in the fall. And I say that as someone who was looking forward to getting his contract off the books. But with Harding now, we can't lose him.
I wish we would have kept Hackett, let him and Kuemper play 1A and 1B goaltender in the NHL like Roloson and Fernandez.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:16 AM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Uh, we've spent the last 3 years upgrading up front. The problem is, is getting some potential back on the blueline. I think that is the biggest issue right now. We have warm bodies but no solid guys. BTW, we shouldn't keep moving forwards. We'll lose a lot of grit if we move Clutterbuck.

BTW, the defense should have been worked on here and there in the past 3 years. The depth has been atrocious since Riser has been GM. And it hasn't gotten any better under CF.
Did you really post that with a straight face? What the hell do you call Suter, Brodin and Gilbert?

Blizzard6411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:17 AM
slocal
Global Moderator
No Sharkie, No Cry

vCash: 574
SJ Fans - Now is not the time to debate what happened. People are rightfully upset that their player is injured, and I think it's best we stick to our own boards. There will be ZERO tolerance for anyone attempting to stir the pot with Minnesota fans.

"Should've put some coal between my buttcheeks, could've made diamonds" - jakeytown, Game 2 vs Kings
slocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:19 AM
Marcolepsy Scandella

vCash: 50
If it's a ligament, tendon or bone issue with Heater's wrist, he's done until at least 2nd round playoffs (if we even make it) depending on severity. It could be surgery and he could be done for good. Luckily Heatley has had his role diminished for us lately so losing him wouldn't be the end of the world. Unfortunately we will miss his leadership and the guys all seem to love him. Vlasic should be suspended for a couple games. I hope we see them first round of the playoffs and sweep them out.

Marcolepsy Scandella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:20 AM
SPMaximus

vCash: 870
do you guys think they will put the 15 second presser up on wild.com?

i want to see the rage in Yeo's eyeballs

SPMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:20 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard6411 View Post
Did you really post that with a straight face? What the hell do you call Suter, Brodin and Gilbert?
Depth wise. Brodin yes. But Gilbert was swapped for Schultz, so lateral move. Suter was swapped for Zidlicky, which was fine as Zidlicky wasn't great as a top pairing. But depth wise? Brodin was brought in sure, but who do we have in the AHL really that could step in right now or even last year? Kampfer? Scandella?

We didn't work on the depth. We worked on the top 3 but left the bottom 4 alone. Unlike the forwards where we constantly shuffled.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:22 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
http://wild.nhl.com/club/podcastplay...d=25&iid=42424

Postgame interviews.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:22 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Our first PP isn't until less than a minute less what bs

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:23 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Depth wise. Brodin yes. But Gilbert was swapped for Schultz, so lateral move. Suter was swapped for Zidlicky, which was fine as Zidlicky wasn't great as a top pairing. But depth wise? Brodin was brought in sure, but who do we have in the AHL really that could step in right now or even last year? Kampfer? Scandella?

We didn't work on the depth. We worked on the top 3 but left the bottom 4 alone. Unlike the forwards where we constantly shuffled.
Disagree. Gilbert may be struggling right now, but for the most part has been an upgrade over Schultz. Even 75% of Oilers fans regretted picking up Charlie Brown.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:23 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Holy hell, Yeo's presser was fast indeed.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:28 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Disagree. Gilbert may be struggling right now, but for the most part has been an upgrade over Schultz. Even 75% of Oilers fans regretted picking up Charlie Brown.
I got to wonder if it is simply coaching. But Schultz was a top 4 defenseman for us. Gilbert is a top four.

Here's the thing; Fletcher continues to tinker with the forward part of the roster. He traded for Rupp, signed Mitchell, signed Konopka. He's traded for Staubitz and Powe in the past.

I think depth wise for defense he brought in Lundin that could have been considered depth? And he's drafted? Dumba and Brodin in the top 2 rounds but outside of that?

We're just getting a bit top heavy is all and it's coming back to bite us in the ass.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:28 AM
mmk786

Its ok. Pominville will play on all the top 3 lines and second d pairing to lead us to the cup. He is a do it all kind of player didnt ya hear?

mmk786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:30 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
I got to wonder if it is simply coaching. But Schultz was a top 4 defenseman for us. Gilbert is a top four.

Here's the thing; Fletcher continues to tinker with the forward part of the roster. He traded for Rupp, signed Mitchell, signed Konopka. He's traded for Staubitz and Powe in the past.

I think depth wise for defense he brought in Lundin that could have been considered depth? And he's drafted? Dumba and Brodin in the top 2 rounds but outside of that?

We're just getting a bit top heavy is all and it's coming back to bite us in the ass.
Lemaire did for Schultz what he did for the goaltending. Made them look a lot more pretty than they really were.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:33 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Lemaire did for Schultz what he did for the goaltending. Made them look a lot more pretty than they really were.
But Schultz was still in the top 4 and played well after Lemaire left. He just never was a flashy defenseman.

I know we're going to buy out Heatley, but we need to re-sign Cullen and Backstrom as well. Not to mention, we got to think about Seto and Clutter and then Pom.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:33 AM
Fel 96
JFC

http://video.sharks.nhl.com/videocen...=125&id=235683

Vlasic's presser.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:37 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
But Schultz was still in the top 4 and played well after Lemaire left. He just never was a flashy defenseman.

I know we're going to buy out Heatley, but we need to re-sign Cullen and Backstrom as well. Not to mention, we got to think about Seto and Clutter and then Pom.
I still say Clutter goes. And if he asks for a nice raise, he definitely goes. He's no longer the same player he was a couple years back. And Seto....to be honest, I'm still not sure if we're keeping him. He's a very streaky scorer. It'll be interesting to see how he does without Cullen.

Old
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

The bottom line is this, we should have won this game. We needed to win. The defensive issues are becoming a bigger issue as the season wears on. Coyle isn't bad as a 1st line right winger.

Quote:
I still say Clutter goes. And if he asks for a nice raise, he definitely goes. He's no longer the same player he was a couple years back. And Seto....to be honest, I'm still not sure if we're keeping him. He's a very streaky scorer. It'll be interesting to see how he does without Cullen.
I would have said Clutter was gone if Bulmer was ready or if Larsson was here but again, we need his tenacity and his edge to drive players off their game. Minnesota doesn't have a lot of those guys. Maybe Bus?

Old
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Bum

Also, it's easy to roll 4 lines successfully when they can do no wrong.

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:38 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
The bottom line is this, we should have won this game. We needed to win. The defensive issues are becoming a bigger issue as the season wears on. Coyle isn't bad as a 1st line right winger.
We should have beat the Blues. That is one game they should have come out guns blazing, yet they looked unprepared and uninspired. Because this road trip wasn't going to be easy by any means. Sharks are good at home. Kings...well they are going to beat the crap out of us. And how often do they win in Columbus? That's a team that is fighting for a playoff spot and now have Gabby.