HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#38 |New York Islanders vs. Washington Capitals | Apr 4 | 7 PM | L/SO 2-1

Old
04-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Capsman

vCash: 500
Caps fan here, very impressed by your team. Man you will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come. Outstanding speed at both ends and well coached. I think with the right FA tweaks in the offseason you are SC contenders.

Capsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:02 PM
JJmcD
The Power Of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
In defense of Boyes on the shootout, in his career he is 45% and he scored last time. Personally I would have put in Bailey instead of Tavares
That's true but honestly, I don't care what percentage Boyes had in the past , I would have put out Nielsen, Okposo, Bailey.

JJmcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:02 PM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
It's all updated in the last 16 game thread.

I literally had a panic attack during OT.

Nabakov OFFICIALLY stole us a point btw.

04-04-2013, 09:03 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
Caps fan here, very impressed by your team. Man you will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come. Outstanding speed at both ends and well coached. I think with the right FA tweaks in the offseason you are SC contenders.
thanks for the love...Holtby is a stud...

IDK if we are that close to being SC contenders but we are on the up and up and have some important prospects knocking on our door

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:04 PM
2ndGenIslander
Potvin's Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plague View Post
Cappy must have a man crush on Boyes. Absolutely refuses to bench him. Despite making turning the puck over on every shift, leaves him on the first line (poor JT). And then, has him in the shoot out! What has he done to deserve that? KO, Bailey...Grabner even. Boyes?!

Anyway, extremely content with the point, thought it would be a shutout most of the game.
Probably had to do with the fact that Boyes scored on his last shootout attempt a couple of games ago. I would have definitely rather seen bailey give it a try..not so much Grabs or Okposo no offense to them

2ndGenIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:05 PM
crashthenet

Refs were brutal. plenty of chances for us though

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

Quote:
Cappy must have a man crush on Boyes. Absolutely refuses to bench him. Despite making turning the puck over on every shift, leaves him on the first line (poor JT). And then, has him in the shoot out! What has he done to deserve that? KO, Bailey...Grabner even. Boyes?!

Anyway, extremely content with the point, thought it would be a shutout most of the game.
Boyes has great career shoot out numbers. That's why he's in there. No one was complaining last Thursday about him being in the shooting when he scored. Puck just rolled on him tonight, it happens. Not gonna get on the guy for it.

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Capsman said this in the Caps GDT, very complimentary.

"Isles will score again. As I said, we will need 3 goals to win. Speed at the forwards, speed on defense, puck movement...they are freaking scary."

Holy ****, we're scary! lol

We match up well against the Habs and Capitals. I'm cool with the 6th or 7th seed. Really want to avoid the 8 seed though.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:06 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Most of us would disagree with this. lol

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Tavaresfan91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Capsman said this in the Caps GDT, very complimentary.

"Isles will score again. As I said, we will need 3 goals to win. Speed at the forwards, speed on defense, puck movement...they are freaking scary."

Holy ****, we're scary! lol

We match up well against the Habs and Capitals. I'm cool with the 6th or 7th seed. Really want to avoid the 8 seed though.
Ill take either of the 3

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:13 PM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

Sorry to arrive to the party late. Just got home and watched the highlights, or the way Tavares was getting beat-up or pushed around, you could say 'low-lights'....

This much is clear, Tavares needs at least one linemate that keeps the other team honest, or at least makes the other team think twice before giving Tavares an extra shot. ONE linemate that does nothing outside of scoring a decent amount of goals (provided by Tavares' passing I may add) is enough. Meaning, neither Moulson nor Boyes hits, fights, plays solid defense or does anything outside of providing decent offensive tools. Moulson is fine, but Boyes needs to be replaced by a guy with more size, and/or hits and stands up for Tavares... Heck, Martin would have almost as many points as Boyes simply by being the recipient of Tavares' passes, and would open up space for Tavares with his aggressive style and hitting ability... if not Martin, perhaps Lee has the size/grit to go along with good offensive skills, to potentially be the type of linemate Tavares needs opposite Moulson... But Moulson and Boyes play too similar a style.. Neither hits nor plays aggressive enough to open up space or protect Tavares. Heck, Bailey may not have the size, but the kid is playing with a determination and passion like no other time in his career before, and he has skill Boyes could only dream of.... Bailey is hitting and driving hard to the net, along with show-casing the skill level we drafted him for in the first place.

Just give Tavares more protection is what I'm asking!!

petrocelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:14 PM
TheKingPin

You guys just don't quit. On mission for the playoffs.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:14 PM
JJmcD
The Power Of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
Boyes has great career shoot out numbers. That's why he's in there. No one was complaining last Thursday about him being in the shooting when he scored. Puck just rolled on him tonight, it happens. Not gonna get on the guy for it.
I understand. But surely you must understand that my hate for Boyes has been building lately. I'm not hating because he didn't score. When I heard his name announced it oozed "no goal" vibes. I would have liked to see Bailey.

JJmcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:15 PM
camper

3 guys deserve a pat on the back for the tying goal....Martin who wore out the caps D in the corners ...Bailey came on while Martin was dueling it out....Martin and mate line changed...Bailey used good restraint waiting for someone to come off the bench...Okie with the goal.

Problem is this was the first time in the game a soft dump gave Martin time to rack up some d-man...caps couldn't recover...Bailey was extremely patient waiting for a late guy to come in off the bench....coaching may have won this game if soft dumps were used earlier...the fancy neutral zone game didn't work. Hard work on Martins part started it..Goal could not have happened if Bailey didn't use patience...and of coarse Okie Got the dinger..but on the back of two good plays.

camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:

At least he had the good sense not to play Boyes (and moulson I think) in OT. But he inexplicably put Reasoner out there for a shift.

Seriously, just start using Casey anytime you'd use Reasoner.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:22 PM
doublechili

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocelli View Post
Sorry to arrive to the party late. Just got home and watched the highlights, or the way Tavares was getting beat-up or pushed around, you could say 'low-lights'....

This much is clear, Tavares needs at least one linemate that keeps the other team honest, or at least makes the other team think twice before giving Tavares an extra shot. ONE linemate that does nothing outside of scoring a decent amount of goals (provided by Tavares' passing I may add) is enough. Meaning, neither Moulson nor Boyes hits, fights, plays solid defense or does anything outside of providing decent offensive tools. Moulson is fine, but Boyes needs to be replaced by a guy with more size, and/or hits and stands up for Tavares... Heck, Martin would have almost as many points as Boyes simply by being the recipient of Tavares' passes, and would open up space for Tavares with his aggressive style and hitting ability... if not Martin, perhaps Lee has the size/grit to go along with good offensive skills, to potentially be the type of linemate Tavares needs opposite Moulson... But Moulson and Boyes play too similar a style.. Neither hits nor plays aggressive enough to open up space or protect Tavares. Heck, Bailey may not have the size, but the kid is playing with a determination and passion like no other time in his career before, and he has skill Boyes could only dream of.... Bailey is hitting and driving hard to the net, along with show-casing the skill level we drafted him for in the first place.

Yeah, that's kind of been my mantra. JT has linemates that he helps. It's about time we put guys on that line that help JT. The end.

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:24 PM
nyiguy21
Poster of the Decade

So happy to steal a point. They had won 5 of their last 6 leading up to tonight and you knew they were due for a setback. Glad they at least got a point. Adds a little pressure on the Rag$ tomorrow. Looking towards Saturday's game and there aren't many tickets left. Going to be close to a sellout and honestly, with the way these guys have been playing, they deserve to play in front of a good crowd.

nyiguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:24 PM
camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocelli View Post

Lee?...college players do not play tough nor did he rack up a hit in his debut...they hid behind face cages to long in college....OHL WHL boys are the rough ones

camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 371
I'm happy with the point.. This team just didnt have the offense clicking/didn't get the lucky bounces or calls and still managed to move up in the standing. Just bought my tickets for Saturday

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:28 PM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
In defense of Boyes on the shootout, in his career he is 45% and he scored last time. Personally I would have put in Bailey instead of Tavares
When your mother calls you up and says the same thing, you know your coach is a dumb ass.

Boyes sucks.

Would be nice if Grabner would show up and start generating some offense too. Maybe he should go back to tweeting.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper View Post
Lee?...college players do not play tough nor did he rack up a hit in his debut...they hid behind face cages to long in college....OHL WHL boys are the rough ones
he knocked a guy down on his first shift.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:29 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
Took you guys this long to realize Brad Boyes sucks? Whatever, join the club!
I'm pretty sure I started the Brad Boyes hate club a long time ago, people been jumping on the bandwagon in the last few weeks.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:31 PM
19NYSports91

I never really wanted Grabner on the first line with JT, but he would be much better than Boyes. Grabner needs some more playing time imo.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:31 PM
nyscene

Happy to get the point. Hated watching the game. Seems the Caps adopted the rangers method of sucking every ounce of fun out of a hockey game.

nyscene is offline   Reply With Quote