HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#38 |New York Islanders vs. Washington Capitals | Apr 4 | 7 PM | L/SO 2-1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-04-2013, 09:01 PM
  #626
Capsman
Registered User
 
Capsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,221
vCash: 500
Caps fan here, very impressed by your team. Man you will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come. Outstanding speed at both ends and well coached. I think with the right FA tweaks in the offseason you are SC contenders.

Capsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:02 PM
  #627
JJmcD
The Power Of Love
 
JJmcD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island
Posts: 722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
In defense of Boyes on the shootout, in his career he is 45% and he scored last time. Personally I would have put in Bailey instead of Tavares
That's true but honestly, I don't care what percentage Boyes had in the past , I would have put out Nielsen, Okposo, Bailey.

JJmcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:02 PM
  #628
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™
 
MattMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,193
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
It's all updated in the last 16 game thread.

I literally had a panic attack during OT.

Nabakov OFFICIALLY stole us a point btw.

__________________
JOHNNY ROCKETS
MattMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:03 PM
  #629
StrongIslanders90
Registered User
 
StrongIslanders90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 14,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
Caps fan here, very impressed by your team. Man you will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come. Outstanding speed at both ends and well coached. I think with the right FA tweaks in the offseason you are SC contenders.
thanks for the love...Holtby is a stud...


IDK if we are that close to being SC contenders but we are on the up and up and have some important prospects knocking on our door

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:04 PM
  #630
2ndGenIslander
Potvin's Cups
 
2ndGenIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Manhattan, NY
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plague View Post
Cappy must have a man crush on Boyes. Absolutely refuses to bench him. Despite making turning the puck over on every shift, leaves him on the first line (poor JT). And then, has him in the shoot out! What has he done to deserve that? KO, Bailey...Grabner even. Boyes?!

Anyway, extremely content with the point, thought it would be a shutout most of the game.
Probably had to do with the fact that Boyes scored on his last shootout attempt a couple of games ago. I would have definitely rather seen bailey give it a try..not so much Grabs or Okposo no offense to them

2ndGenIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:05 PM
  #631
crashthenet
Registered User
 
crashthenet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hockey Falls
Posts: 3,746
vCash: 500
Refs were brutal. plenty of chances for us though

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:05 PM
  #632
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!
 
IceAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plague View Post
Cappy must have a man crush on Boyes. Absolutely refuses to bench him. Despite making turning the puck over on every shift, leaves him on the first line (poor JT). And then, has him in the shoot out! What has he done to deserve that? KO, Bailey...Grabner even. Boyes?!

Anyway, extremely content with the point, thought it would be a shutout most of the game.
Boyes has great career shoot out numbers. That's why he's in there. No one was complaining last Thursday about him being in the shooting when he scored. Puck just rolled on him tonight, it happens. Not gonna get on the guy for it.

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:05 PM
  #633
Riseonfire
R+L=J
 
Riseonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,695
vCash: 500
Capsman said this in the Caps GDT, very complimentary.

"Isles will score again. As I said, we will need 3 goals to win. Speed at the forwards, speed on defense, puck movement...they are freaking scary."

Holy ****, we're scary! lol

We match up well against the Habs and Capitals. I'm cool with the 6th or 7th seed. Really want to avoid the 8 seed though.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:06 PM
  #634
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 23,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
Caps fan here, very impressed by your team. Man you will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come. Outstanding speed at both ends and well coached. I think with the right FA tweaks in the offseason you are SC contenders.
Most of us would disagree with this. lol

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:10 PM
  #635
Tavaresfan91
Registered User
 
Tavaresfan91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Capsman said this in the Caps GDT, very complimentary.

"Isles will score again. As I said, we will need 3 goals to win. Speed at the forwards, speed on defense, puck movement...they are freaking scary."

Holy ****, we're scary! lol

We match up well against the Habs and Capitals. I'm cool with the 6th or 7th seed. Really want to avoid the 8 seed though.
Ill take either of the 3

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:13 PM
  #636
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!
 
petrocelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 500
Sorry to arrive to the party late. Just got home and watched the highlights, or the way Tavares was getting beat-up or pushed around, you could say 'low-lights'....

This much is clear, Tavares needs at least one linemate that keeps the other team honest, or at least makes the other team think twice before giving Tavares an extra shot. ONE linemate that does nothing outside of scoring a decent amount of goals (provided by Tavares' passing I may add) is enough. Meaning, neither Moulson nor Boyes hits, fights, plays solid defense or does anything outside of providing decent offensive tools. Moulson is fine, but Boyes needs to be replaced by a guy with more size, and/or hits and stands up for Tavares... Heck, Martin would have almost as many points as Boyes simply by being the recipient of Tavares' passes, and would open up space for Tavares with his aggressive style and hitting ability... if not Martin, perhaps Lee has the size/grit to go along with good offensive skills, to potentially be the type of linemate Tavares needs opposite Moulson... But Moulson and Boyes play too similar a style.. Neither hits nor plays aggressive enough to open up space or protect Tavares. Heck, Bailey may not have the size, but the kid is playing with a determination and passion like no other time in his career before, and he has skill Boyes could only dream of.... Bailey is hitting and driving hard to the net, along with show-casing the skill level we drafted him for in the first place.

Just give Tavares more protection is what I'm asking!!

petrocelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:14 PM
  #637
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,927
vCash: 500
You guys just don't quit. On mission for the playoffs.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:14 PM
  #638
JJmcD
The Power Of Love
 
JJmcD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island
Posts: 722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
Boyes has great career shoot out numbers. That's why he's in there. No one was complaining last Thursday about him being in the shooting when he scored. Puck just rolled on him tonight, it happens. Not gonna get on the guy for it.
I understand. But surely you must understand that my hate for Boyes has been building lately. I'm not hating because he didn't score. When I heard his name announced it oozed "no goal" vibes. I would have liked to see Bailey.

JJmcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:15 PM
  #639
camper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 793
vCash: 500
3 guys deserve a pat on the back for the tying goal....Martin who wore out the caps D in the corners ...Bailey came on while Martin was dueling it out....Martin and mate line changed...Bailey used good restraint waiting for someone to come off the bench...Okie with the goal.

Problem is this was the first time in the game a soft dump gave Martin time to rack up some d-man...caps couldn't recover...Bailey was extremely patient waiting for a late guy to come in off the bench....coaching may have won this game if soft dumps were used earlier...the fancy neutral zone game didn't work. Hard work on Martins part started it..Goal could not have happened if Bailey didn't use patience...and of coarse Okie Got the dinger..but on the back of two good plays.

camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:20 PM
  #640
Isles Junkie
Registered User
 
Isles Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
Caps fan here, very impressed by your team. Man you will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come. Outstanding speed at both ends and well coached. I think with the right FA tweaks in the offseason you are SC contenders.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:22 PM
  #641
Isles Junkie
Registered User
 
Isles Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plague View Post
Cappy must have a man crush on Boyes. Absolutely refuses to bench him. Despite making turning the puck over on every shift, leaves him on the first line (poor JT). And then, has him in the shoot out! What has he done to deserve that? KO, Bailey...Grabner even. Boyes?!

Anyway, extremely content with the point, thought it would be a shutout most of the game.
At least he had the good sense not to play Boyes (and moulson I think) in OT. But he inexplicably put Reasoner out there for a shift.

Seriously, just start using Casey anytime you'd use Reasoner.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:22 PM
  #642
doublechili
Registered User
 
doublechili's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocelli View Post
Sorry to arrive to the party late. Just got home and watched the highlights, or the way Tavares was getting beat-up or pushed around, you could say 'low-lights'....

This much is clear, Tavares needs at least one linemate that keeps the other team honest, or at least makes the other team think twice before giving Tavares an extra shot. ONE linemate that does nothing outside of scoring a decent amount of goals (provided by Tavares' passing I may add) is enough. Meaning, neither Moulson nor Boyes hits, fights, plays solid defense or does anything outside of providing decent offensive tools. Moulson is fine, but Boyes needs to be replaced by a guy with more size, and/or hits and stands up for Tavares... Heck, Martin would have almost as many points as Boyes simply by being the recipient of Tavares' passes, and would open up space for Tavares with his aggressive style and hitting ability... if not Martin, perhaps Lee has the size/grit to go along with good offensive skills, to potentially be the type of linemate Tavares needs opposite Moulson... But Moulson and Boyes play too similar a style.. Neither hits nor plays aggressive enough to open up space or protect Tavares. Heck, Bailey may not have the size, but the kid is playing with a determination and passion like no other time in his career before, and he has skill Boyes could only dream of.... Bailey is hitting and driving hard to the net, along with show-casing the skill level we drafted him for in the first place.

Just give Tavares more protection is what I'm asking!!
Yeah, that's kind of been my mantra. JT has linemates that he helps. It's about time we put guys on that line that help JT. The end.

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:24 PM
  #643
nyiguy21
Poster of the Decade
 
nyiguy21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New York
Country: Poland
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
So happy to steal a point. They had won 5 of their last 6 leading up to tonight and you knew they were due for a setback. Glad they at least got a point. Adds a little pressure on the Rag$ tomorrow. Looking towards Saturday's game and there aren't many tickets left. Going to be close to a sellout and honestly, with the way these guys have been playing, they deserve to play in front of a good crowd.

nyiguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:24 PM
  #644
camper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocelli View Post
Sorry to arrive to the party late. Just got home and watched the highlights, or the way Tavares was getting beat-up or pushed around, you could say 'low-lights'....

This much is clear, Tavares needs at least one linemate that keeps the other team honest, or at least makes the other team think twice before giving Tavares an extra shot. ONE linemate that does nothing outside of scoring a decent amount of goals (provided by Tavares' passing I may add) is enough. Meaning, neither Moulson nor Boyes hits, fights, plays solid defense or does anything outside of providing decent offensive tools. Moulson is fine, but Boyes needs to be replaced by a guy with more size, and/or hits and stands up for Tavares... Heck, Martin would have almost as many points as Boyes simply by being the recipient of Tavares' passes, and would open up space for Tavares with his aggressive style and hitting ability... if not Martin, perhaps Lee has the size/grit to go along with good offensive skills, to potentially be the type of linemate Tavares needs opposite Moulson... But Moulson and Boyes play too similar a style.. Neither hits nor plays aggressive enough to open up space or protect Tavares. Heck, Bailey may not have the size, but the kid is playing with a determination and passion like no other time in his career before, and he has skill Boyes could only dream of.... Bailey is hitting and driving hard to the net, along with show-casing the skill level we drafted him for in the first place.

Just give Tavares more protection is what I'm asking!!
Lee?...college players do not play tough nor did he rack up a hit in his debut...they hid behind face cages to long in college....OHL WHL boys are the rough ones

camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:27 PM
  #645
Bunk Moreland
Moderator
 
Bunk Moreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 13,229
vCash: 371
I'm happy with the point.. This team just didnt have the offense clicking/didn't get the lucky bounces or calls and still managed to move up in the standing. Just bought my tickets for Saturday

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:28 PM
  #646
cjdv16
Registered User
 
cjdv16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The Swamp
Country: United States
Posts: 6,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
In defense of Boyes on the shootout, in his career he is 45% and he scored last time. Personally I would have put in Bailey instead of Tavares
When your mother calls you up and says the same thing, you know your coach is a dumb ass.

Boyes sucks.

Would be nice if Grabner would show up and start generating some offense too. Maybe he should go back to tweeting.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:28 PM
  #647
Isles Junkie
Registered User
 
Isles Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by camper View Post
Lee?...college players do not play tough nor did he rack up a hit in his debut...they hid behind face cages to long in college....OHL WHL boys are the rough ones
he knocked a guy down on his first shift.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:29 PM
  #648
19NYSports91
Registered User
 
19NYSports91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
Took you guys this long to realize Brad Boyes sucks? Whatever, join the club!
I'm pretty sure I started the Brad Boyes hate club a long time ago, people been jumping on the bandwagon in the last few weeks.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:31 PM
  #649
19NYSports91
Registered User
 
19NYSports91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,401
vCash: 500
I never really wanted Grabner on the first line with JT, but he would be much better than Boyes. Grabner needs some more playing time imo.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:31 PM
  #650
nyscene
Registered User
 
nyscene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: PANIC!
Posts: 2,541
vCash: 500
Happy to get the point. Hated watching the game. Seems the Caps adopted the rangers method of sucking every ounce of fun out of a hockey game.

nyscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.