HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Northern Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

U18 World Champs roster?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-29-2014, 09:59 AM
  #1
andersej
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 461
vCash: 500
U18 World Champs roster?

This tournament is coming up in just a few weeks. It's a great thing for Denmark to be in the top group at this age level, even if we will no doubt be limited to battling relegation.

Any ideas for a possible Danish roster?

andersej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2014, 06:36 AM
  #2
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersej View Post
This tournament is coming up in just a few weeks. It's a great thing for Denmark to be in the top group at this age level, even if we will no doubt be limited to battling relegation.

Any ideas for a possible Danish roster?
I'll comment on it when I see the roster if there is any glaring surprises!
But NA based players that are in playoff's - they will not be able to participate ?!

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2014, 09:28 AM
  #3
Jevo
Registered User
 
Jevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
I'll comment on it when I see the roster if there is any glaring surprises!
But NA based players that are in playoff's - they will not be able to participate ?!
They won't. So don't get your hopes up for Ehlers and Bjorkstrand. It can happen, but they are on strong teams that are expected to go far.

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2014, 11:02 AM
  #4
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
They won't. So don't get your hopes up for Ehlers and Bjorkstrand. It can happen, but they are on strong teams that are expected to go far.
Nope, they are on teams that will likely go very far.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2014, 12:11 PM
  #5
Valdemar
Danish junior hockey
 
Valdemar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sevilla, Spain
Country: Denmark
Posts: 154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
They won't. So don't get your hopes up for Ehlers and Bjorkstrand. It can happen, but they are on strong teams that are expected to go far.
Well, Bjorkstrand is not participating no matter what; he is a U19 player now

But too bad we probably will miss both our best forward (Ehlers) as well as our best defender (Lassen). It is going to be uphill most of the time at the U18 WJC, I am afraid.

Valdemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 06:38 AM
  #7
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
This is my roster for the 2014 U18 WJC:
So Thomas Lilie as goalie, Morten Jensen & Jeppe Winther I know as two good d-prospects and Alexander True has been leading Rungsted to the U17 championship.

Other than that I don't really know the expectations of the other players. I have a feeling though it's pretty good in goal and defense compared to "normal danish standards".

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 10:29 AM
  #8
Valdemar
Danish junior hockey
 
Valdemar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sevilla, Spain
Country: Denmark
Posts: 154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
So Thomas Lilie as goalie, Morten Jensen & Jeppe Winther I know as two good d-prospects and Alexander True has been leading Rungsted to the U17 championship.

Other than that I don't really know the expectations of the other players. I have a feeling though it's pretty good in goal and defense compared to "normal danish standards".
The following comments are given under the circumstance that the final roster will look more or less like the team I have suggested.

Yes, this team is pretty good in goaltending compared to the average Danish junior national team. To be fair; with George Sørensen we have been spoiled on the goaltending position the last coupe of years. But Thomas Lilie is a really good goaltender and should be our clear no. 1 in this tournament.

Also the defense is good compared to the average Danish junior national team, but Matias Lassen will be missed. Without him most of our offence from the D-position will have to come from Morten Jensen. Another D profile will be Anders Krogsgaard I am sure.

Our forward corpse seems solid but without a high profile now that Ehlers cannot participate.
Most noticeable players will probably be Markus Jensen (brother to Nicklas Jensen, VAN), Søren Nielsen and Kristian Jensen.

All in all it seems like a solid Danish junior national team. In my opinion it will not be as strong as last years team, but it is certainly better that most other U18 teams we have had.

Valdemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 08:30 AM
  #9
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
The following comments are given under the circumstance that the final roster will look more or less like the team I have suggested.

Yes, this team is pretty good in goaltending compared to the average Danish junior national team. To be fair; with George Sørensen we have been spoiled on the goaltending position the last coupe of years. But Thomas Lilie is a really good goaltender and should be our clear no. 1 in this tournament.

Also the defense is good compared to the average Danish junior national team, but Matias Lassen will be missed. Without him most of our offence from the D-position will have to come from Morten Jensen. Another D profile will be Anders Krogsgaard I am sure.

Our forward corpse seems solid but without a high profile now that Ehlers cannot participate.
Most noticeable players will probably be Markus Jensen (brother to Nicklas Jensen, VAN), Søren Nielsen and Kristian Jensen.

All in all it seems like a solid Danish junior national team. In my opinion it will not be as strong as last years team, but it is certainly better that most other U18 teams we have had.
Yeah solid seems to be a good description, but I find it a bit week on the forward side. The 1996-1997 are unusually strong with d-men compared to normal years, but beside Ehlers less in forwards. [1995 was very strong in forwards].
Seems 1998-1999 really has something going with forwards if they keep developing.....

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 03:10 PM
  #10
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 500
Struzinski has chosen this camp roster:

Goalies[3]:
Thomas Lilie, Vojens
Mathias Seldrup, Herning
Lasse Petersen, Parkland Rangers(?)

Backs[8]:
Anders Krogsgaard, Esbjerg
Jeppe Vinther, Frederikshavn
Christian Mieritz, Rødovre
Morten Jensen, Røgle
Nicolai Carstensen, Vojens
Lasse Bo Knudsen, Aalborg
Alexander Rønnest, Frederikshavn
Jeppe Holmberg, Esbjerg

Forwards[16]:
Martin Eskildsen, Vojens
Søren Nielsen, Esbjerg
Thomas Olsen, Frölunda
Kristian Jensen, Luleå
Marcus Jensen, Herning
Emil Grandal, Herning
Mathias Klussmann, Rødovre
Frederik Rasmussen, Vojens
Frederik Høeg, Odense
Sebastian Brinkmann, Aalborg
Emil Oliver Christensen, Rødovre
Jeppe Jul Korsgaard, Aalborg
Alexander True, Rungsted
Nicklas Andersen, Esbjerg
Sebastian Ruders, Herning
Nicolai Ehlers, Halifax Mooseheads

Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 10:44 AM
  #11
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,632
vCash: 500
Nikolaj Ehlers is very wishful thinking for that roster.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 02:06 PM
  #12
Danmark
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
How do you guys, think the 2015 roster will look? - Here is my bid:

Goalie
Lasse Munk Petersen, Swan Valley
Jakob Müller Hansen, Herlev
Andreas Lauridsen, Esbjerg

Backs
Nicolai Weichel, Rungsted
Christian Mieritz, Rødovre
Morten Jensen, Rögle
Anders Koch, Esbjerg
Jakob Jessen, Herning
Mathias Røndbjerg, Rungsted
Oliver Joakim Larsen, Odense

Forwards
Jeppe Jul Korsgaard, AIK
Joachim Blichfeld, Malmö
Rasmus Andersson, Malmö
Mathias From, Rögle
Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup, Selects hockey Academy
Niklas Andersen, Esbjerg
Sebastian Brinkman, Aalborg
Tobias Ladehoff, Aalborg
Oliver Christensen, Aalborg
Mathias Severin Sørensen, Esbjerg
Frederik Høeg, Odense
Nikolaj Krag Christensen, Rødovre
Alexander True, Seattle Thunderbirds

12 honourable mentions:
Valdemar Ahlberg, Linköping
Magnus Molge, Malmö
Jonas Røndbjerg, Rungsted
Christian Gade, Rungsted
William Boysen, Rungsted
Ludvig Adamsen, Victoria
Arne Olesen, Zug (If he is a possibility, I would take a look at him) - http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=317405
Daniel Nielsen, SønderjyskE
Sebastian Ruders, Herning
Jonas Sander, Hvidovre
Christian Wejse, Esbjerg
Kristoffer Søgaard Jensen, Herning

Someone missing? Or have would you build the team?

EDIT: Miss Alexander True!, he is in the squad now.


Last edited by Danmark: 01-03-2015 at 04:45 PM.
Danmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2015, 10:34 AM
  #13
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danmark View Post
How do you guys, think the 2015 roster will look? - Here is my bid:

Goalie
Lasse Munk Petersen, Swan Valley
Jakob Müller Hansen, Herlev
Andreas Lauridsen, Esbjerg

Backs
Nicolai Weichel, Rungsted
Christian Mieritz, Rødovre
Morten Jensen, Rögle
Anders Koch, Esbjerg
Jakob Jessen, Herning
Mathias Røndbjerg, Rungsted
Oliver Joakim Larsen, Odense

Forwards
Jeppe Jul Korsgaard, AIK
Joachim Blichfeld, Malmö
Rasmus Andersson, Malmö
Mathias From, Rögle
Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup, Selects hockey Academy
Niklas Andersen, Esbjerg
Sebastian Brinkman, Aalborg
Tobias Ladehoff, Aalborg
Oliver Christensen, Aalborg
Mathias Severin Sørensen, Esbjerg
Frederik Høeg, Odense
Nikolaj Krag Christensen, Rødovre
Alexander True, Seattle Thunderbirds

12 honourable mentions:
Valdemar Ahlberg, Linköping
Magnus Molge, Malmö
Jonas Røndbjerg, Rungsted
Christian Gade, Rungsted
William Boysen, Rungsted
Ludvig Adamsen, Victoria
Arne Olesen, Zug (If he is a possibility, I would take a look at him) - http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=317405
Daniel Nielsen, SønderjyskE
Sebastian Ruders, Herning
Jonas Sander, Hvidovre
Christian Wejse, Esbjerg
Kristoffer Søgaard Jensen, Herning

Someone missing? Or have would you build the team?

EDIT: Miss Alexander True!, he is in the squad now.
A Swiss trained D seems interesting, as they have good D in the Swiss system - Fun to see another Swiss trained Dane.

Actually, that D looks suprisingly strong.

If Røndbjerg is as good as they say, would he not be good enough for Div1 despite his young age?

On the forward side - JACOB SCHMIDT-SVEJSTRUP & JEPPE JUL KORSGAARD look interesting - Anyone give a 4-1-0 on them?

Jeppe rocking a nice hockey wig

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2015, 10:57 AM
  #14
Jevo
Registered User
 
Jevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
A Swiss trained D seems interesting, as they have good D in the Swiss system - Fun to see another Swiss trained Dane.

Actually, that D looks suprisingly strong.

If Røndbjerg is as good as they say, would he not be good enough for Div1 despite his young age?

On the forward side - JACOB SCHMIDT-SVEJSTRUP & JEPPE JUL KORSGAARD look interesting - Anyone give a 4-1-0 on them?

Jeppe rocking a nice hockey wig
Røndbjerg should get a look, age, size, and conservatism will work against him. According to eliteprospects he is the U18 player with the highest PPG in 1. divisionen. In U17 he has scored 27 points in 4 games, that is 6.75 PPG, it's a short sample size, but I thought that stat was pretty insane, even for U17 in Denmark.

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2015, 12:05 PM
  #15
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
Røndbjerg should get a look, age, size, and conservatism will work against him. According to eliteprospects he is the U18 player with the highest PPG in 1. divisionen. In U17 he has scored 27 points in 4 games, that is 6.75 PPG, it's a short sample size, but I thought that stat was pretty insane, even for U17 in Denmark.
That is pretty dominant!

But yeah he is very small and light, but also very young - So prolly take him another 2-3 years for him to at least gain some bulk. Height is not as important. But he is very slight atm standing at - 132 lbs.

Havent watched a lot of hockey in DK this season, how has he fared in the Metal Liga? - I know pts are not high, but he is very young and prolly playing bottom 6 hockey because of this. But has he looked out of place? Or mismatched physically?

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2015, 01:31 PM
  #16
Danmark
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Do you guys know, if this guy, Arne Olesen, has been a part of some national team sessions? As mentioned, the Swiss J17 league, is a great place to develop, as a player.

Albert Adamsen, will also play in Swiss in this season.

Danmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2015, 02:26 PM
  #17
Jevo
Registered User
 
Jevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
That is pretty dominant!

But yeah he is very small and light, but also very young - So prolly take him another 2-3 years for him to at least gain some bulk. Height is not as important. But he is very slight atm standing at - 132 lbs.

Havent watched a lot of hockey in DK this season, how has he fared in the Metal Liga? - I know pts are not high, but he is very young and prolly playing bottom 6 hockey because of this. But has he looked out of place? Or mismatched physically?
Luckily size isn't as big a factor in division 1 as it is in the top division, so if he gets on the team, it won't be as big a problem. I haven't watched a lot of DK hockey this year either, so I would too like to hear some thoughts on how he's looked.

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2015, 12:33 PM
  #18
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
A Swiss trained D seems interesting, as they have good D in the Swiss system - Fun to see another Swiss trained Dane.

Actually, that D looks suprisingly strong.

If Røndbjerg is as good as they say, would he not be good enough for Div1 despite his young age?

On the forward side - JACOB SCHMIDT-SVEJSTRUP & JEPPE JUL KORSGAARD look interesting - Anyone give a 4-1-0 on them?

Jeppe rocking a nice hockey wig
Yeah the 96-97 years may have a few more promising d-prospects, than we are normally used to (one top prospect probably being standard each year).
From 1995 Sonny Herzberg is the primary one.

From Valdemar's original:

1996:
Anders Krogsgaard, Esbjerg (D)
Matias Lassen, Rødovre (D)
Jeppe Vinther perhaps as well, though he didn't make the U20 roster as the two mentioned above him were the only 1996 players that did.

1997:
Morten Jensen, Rögle (SWE) (D)
Christian Mieritz, Rødovre (D) - was also close to the U20 roster.
Nicolai Höjer Weichel, Rungsted (D)

So that gives us six pretty solid D-men for next years WC-U20. With Thomas Lillie in goal it also looks good.
The 1996-forward side is pretty weak though, compared with 1995, especially since Nikolaj Ehlers most likely wont play next year.....


Last edited by Justinov: 01-06-2015 at 12:43 PM.
Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2015, 07:11 AM
  #19
Danmark
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
The J18 won yesterday - 4-1 against Latvia.

0-1 Mathias From (Sebastian Brinkmann, Morten Jensen)
0-2 Mathias From (Sebastian Brinkmann)
0-3 Mathias Sørensen (Sebastian Ruders, Christian Mieritz)
1-3 Belcers R. (Rubins)
1-4 Mathias From (Morten Jensen)


The squad for this 4 nations tournament.
Målmænd:
Kasper Krog, Vojens IK
Jacob Müller, Herlev

Backs:
Anders Præstegaard, Frederikshavn
Chris Thomsen, Frederikshavn
Nicolai Weichel, Rungsted
Morten Jensen, Rögle
Oliver Gatz, Aalborg
Anders Koch, Esbjerg
Christian Mieritz, Rødovre

Forwards:
Sebastian Ruders, Herning
Kristoffer Søgaard, Herning
Oliver Anker Christensen, Aalborg
Mathias From, Rögle
Tobias Ladehoff, Aalborg
Nicolaj Krag Christensen, Rødovre
Lasse Duga, Herning
Frederik Høeg, Odense
Mathias Sørensen, Esbjerg
Sebastian Brinkmann, Aalborg
Daniel Nielsen, Vojens
Jeppe Jul Korsgaard, AIK Stockholm
Niklas Andersen, Esbjerg

They will play Belarus today and Norway tomorrow.

Danmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2015, 04:07 PM
  #20
Jevo
Registered User
 
Jevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
So the division I A started this weekend, and has been a good tournament for the Danish team so far. They started off with an expected 9-1 victory over the Hungarian hosts, and followed that up with a 4-3 overtime win over Belarus today. You are of course all wondering, how about Norway? Well Norway has had a rather bad start to the tournament with overtime losses to Belarus and France. France looks like a strong team, and are currently tied with Denmark for the lead. Denmark meets France next, and a regulation win would put Denmark very close to promotion. I am not sure about the tiebreaker rules, and can't find the appropriate document on the IIHF site, but we might need to at least take Norway to overtime in the final game, unless Norway loses points to Kazakhstan or Hungary, but that is probably unlikely.

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.