HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado-Carolina trade proposal

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2005, 03:05 PM
Burnaby_Joe*

vCash: 500
Colorado-Carolina trade proposal

To Colorado: Erik Cole, Justin Wlliams and a 3rd round draft pick

To Carolina: Alex Tanguay

Flame way...

Old
04-21-2005, 03:06 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Oh man...

Old
bleedgreen

ok. you forgot staal.

Old
HuskyFlames

If I was a team without depth I would do this trade BUT the Avs have enough depth so they would pass. It's a nice package that is forsure.

Old
04-21-2005, 03:08 PM
Burnaby_Joe*

I love Justin Williams, I think he's like Deadmarsh, but not as good.

Old
04-21-2005, 03:09 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
If I was a team without depth I would do this trade BUT the Avs have enough depth so they would pass. It's a nice package that is forsure.
My exact thoughts... very well said.

Old
04-21-2005, 03:10 PM
bleedgreen

you guys dont think the canes would do this, do you?

Old
04-21-2005, 03:12 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen
you guys dont think the canes would do this, do you?
Carolina would do this in a heart beat. Having a top end, YOUNG, LW to play with Staal would be an amazing tandum for many many many years. Add in a guy like O'Neill for the RW.

Tanguay - Staal - O'Neill

That is actually a nice line with a good comination of playmaking, youth, experience and sniping.

Old
04-21-2005, 03:13 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Why do I get the feeling this is going to turn into an 'Alex Tanguay is extremely overrated' thread?

Old
04-21-2005, 03:14 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadakiss
I don't agree there. I don't see Williams as a powerforward type player.

Old
04-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Burnaby_Joe*

Quote:
I don't agree there. I don't see Williams as a powerforward type player.
I know he's not a powerforward type, but he works his a$$ off just like Deadmarsh.

Old
04-21-2005, 03:18 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Carolina would do this in a heart beat. Having a top end, YOUNG, LW to play with Staal would be an amazing tandum for many many many years. Add in a guy like O'Neill for the RW.

Tanguay - Staal - O'Neill

That is actually a nice line with a good comination of playmaking, youth, experience and sniping.
i think tanguay is awesome - i wont be starting a tanguay overated thing. roy - how many times do i have to tell you im an avs fan? the canes have NO depth in quality. at all. they cant afford to give up a package of young core players, even if another one is coming back. i could see one of those players and maybe danny richmond, or brad fast and a pick. never both, that hurts the canes.

would you consider tanguay for the canes top 10 first rounder (crosby excluded?) its tough to give up, but i think tanguay would be awesome on the canes. i just cant see them giving up more than one player like williams or cole.

Old
04-21-2005, 03:18 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
I know he's not a powerforward type, but he works his a$$ off just like Deadmarsh.
There are many players that work their butt off, HOWEVER that does not mean they are similar to other players. For the Flames, Nilson, Clark, and a few others are very hardworkers, that does not mean they are similar to Deadmarsh at all.

Old
04-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Burnaby_Joe*

Quote:
For the Flames, Nilson, Clark, and a few others are very hardworkers, that does not mean they are similar to Deadmarsh at all.
I don't think Nilson or Clark will score 20+ goals in their career, but I think Williams can. Nilson might score 20, but I doubt it.

Old
04-21-2005, 03:21 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
would you consider tanguay for the canes top 10 first rounder (crosby excluded?)
No, and Pierre Lacroix wouldn't even consider that.

Also, my comment was not directed towards you, nor did I quote your post when I said that. I simply felt that this thread will turn into that with people saying Carolina is giving up far too much for a leech.

Old
04-21-2005, 03:22 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
i think tanguay is awesome - i wont be starting a tanguay overated thing. roy - how many times do i have to tell you im an avs fan? the canes have NO depth in quality. at all. they cant afford to give up a package of young core players, even if another one is coming back. i could see one of those players and maybe danny richmond, or brad fast and a pick. never both, that hurts the canes.

would you consider tanguay for the canes top 10 first rounder (crosby excluded?) its tough to give up, but i think tanguay would be awesome on the canes. i just cant see them giving up more than one player like williams or cole.
I can see them giving up both players if they decide to built top down. With the trade above, they have a top line set for many years. They than have guys like Ladd, Ward and Richmond to for young prospects in each position. It also makes it easier to draft instead of trying to draft top end players because drafting top end players usually means higher risks and a more boom/bust type player. This way, they have a set top line and then start drafting for safer picks that can play top 6 minutes or at worst become checkers for the bottom lines instead of guys who either are huge players or nothing at all.

Old
04-21-2005, 03:23 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
I don't think Nilson or Clark will score 20+ goals in their career, but I think Williams can. Nilson might score 20, but I doubt it.
Once again, you compared work ethic and so did I. Williams and Deadmarsh have very little in common in their style of play. Do you see Williams being a physical presence and going to drop the gloves a fair bit?? I don't.

Old
04-21-2005, 03:24 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
No, and Pierre Lacroix wouldn't even consider that.

Also, my comment was not directed towards you, nor did I quote your post when I said that. I simply felt that this thread will turn into that with people saying Carolina is giving up far too much for a leech.
thats fine, im equally suspect of any thread that involves the canes giving up the few quality things they possess because other teams want to raid them. im happy this one at least involves a quality player going back. the basis could work, just one of those two in the original offer has to be replaced with something else. i would give up williams before cole - but the other canes fans wouldnt do it. i would do cole and a 2nd rounder, maybe.

Old
04-21-2005, 03:28 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
I can see them giving up both players if they decide to built top down. With the trade above, they have a top line set for many years. They than have guys like Ladd, Ward and Richmond to for young prospects in each position. It also makes it easier to draft instead of trying to draft top end players because drafting top end players usually means higher risks and a more boom/bust type player. This way, they have a set top line and then start drafting for safer picks that can play top 6 minutes or at worst become checkers for the bottom lines instead of guys who either are huge players or nothing at all.
i see your arguement, im just saying jr wouldnt do it - and im glad because its too much turnover for a team with no stability. i think jr has coveted williams for long before he was drafted, and went really around the way to get him on the canes. he wouldnt trade him now - unless the offer blew him away. adding cole and a pick wont blow him away. i know im a homer (i am to both sides of this one) - but im trying to speak realistically as well as a fan.

Old
04-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Burnaby_Joe*

Quote:
Once again, you compared work ethic and so did I. Williams and Deadmarsh have very little in common in their style of play. Do you see Williams being a physical presence and going to drop the gloves a fair bit?? I don't.
Deadmarsh works his a$$ off and scores goals, Williams does the same, but not nearly as good.

Old
04-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Burnaby_Joe*

Quote:
Once again, you compared work ethic and so did I.
I'm comparing work ethic and ability to score goals. Williams doesn't have as good work ethic as Deadmarsh(not many people do), and he won't score as many goals, but he can score 20+ goals and give you 100% every night.

Old
04-21-2005, 04:13 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
I'm comparing work ethic and ability to score goals. Williams doesn't have as good work ethic as Deadmarsh(not many people do), and he won't score as many goals, but he can score 20+ goals and give you 100% every night.
There are quite a few players that work their butt off and score 20 goals. I don't see the comparison very relevant. Besides hard workers, their style of play is very different. By your logic, I can compare many 20 goal scorers to Deadmarsh even though they don't play a power logic. That comparison would than become very general and very irrelevant.

Old
04-21-2005, 04:22 PM
Burnaby_Joe*

Quote:
There are quite a few players that work their butt off and score 20 goals. I don't see the comparison very relevant. Besides hard workers, their style of play is very different. By your logic, I can compare many 20 goal scorers to Deadmarsh even though they don't play a power logic. That comparison would than become very general and very irrelevant.
I don't really give 2 scoops what you think, alright?

Old
04-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Habdominal

Quote:
Really Like justin Williams but aside for a few headaches (Thanks to Scott Stevens), I don't think they share any ressemblance

Old
04-21-2005, 06:33 PM
Burnaby_Joe*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabexx
Really Like justin Williams but aside for a few headaches (Thanks to Scott Stevens), I don't think they share any ressemblance
I don't think he's close to Deadmarsh, but he reminds me of him.

Closed Thread