HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Milwaukee Admiral Playoff Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2005, 06:33 AM
Pred303

vCash: 500
Milwaukee Admiral Playoff Thread

in a strange twist in games scheduled in the ads-ducks first round playoff series...the series is scheduled like this; 1-1-2-2-1...(instead of the regular 2-2-1-1-1)...so 3 of the first 4 games are in Milwaukee(due to scheduling conflicts in Cincinnati's place)...

Old
04-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Pred303

evidently tootoo is rumored to be out of tomorrow's game with the shoulder "stinger"...makes you wonder after hearing him on the radio the other night if this might possibly be playoff gamesmanship....hope so,i think Milwaukee needs his energy

Old
04-20-2005, 12:04 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
evidently tootoo is rumored to be out of tomorrow's game with the shoulder "stinger"...makes you wonder after hearing him on the radio the other night if this might possibly be playoff gamesmanship....hope so,i think Milwaukee needs his energy
In Cincinnati, Toots went for a big hit that went wrong early in the game, and didnt come back. His aim seemed to be off, hopefully he can adjust and come back.

Old
04-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars
In Cincinnati, Toots went for a big hit that went wrong early in the game, and didnt come back. His aim seemed to be off, hopefully he can adjust and come back.
I was at that game and it wasn't Toots going for a big hit. It was one of the Ducks that went specifically to hit him in the shoulder. At least that's the way I saw it because I saw the Duck player targeting a bunch of our players that night.

Old
04-20-2005, 05:48 PM
Pred303

toots was on the radio the other night and insisted he would be back for tonight's game and be fine...but evidently darren haydar was quoted on some milwaukee radio station(by a milwuakee fan)yesterday as saying he would miss tonight

Old
04-20-2005, 09:53 PM
jstreet

I like to think that everything happens for a reason, and tonight the team chemistry was great. So even though Toots didnt make it back, all's well that ends well.

Old
04-21-2005, 04:27 PM
Pred303

i will admit i'm somewhat confused over the official Admiral roster here for the first playoff series...Brown last night played of course,and he wasn't on the original clearday roster...yarema,henry,and tootoo were the scratches

Brown has to be replacing some guy who is placed on the injured list and is unavailable that was originally on the clearday...but i have heard nothing about either yarema nor henry actually being placed on the IR...now either could be and no one has heard it(god knows you'd probably not get this from schultz)...henry didn't play in any of the last 3 regular season games reither,so maybe he's been put back on the most double secret injured list again....but,from what i gathered he just wasn't playing well since his return...and you have to be injured to open up a clearday replacement....didn't hear anything on yarema either,except i know he hasn't produced much these last 5 odd games...

As i understand the playoff roster rules,you make roster changes prior to every series,and therefore Tootoo being out a game or two wouldn't free up a spot(of course i guess it's possible tootoo will really be out the entire series and they just don't want anyone to know)...but i don't think that washes,as official rosters would have to be turned in to the opposing team too...

You'll see that Hanchuck is still listed on the Admiral website as active...but i have no doubt they're simply keeping him around as an emergency non-active roster replacement throughout the playoffs...ready to be activated for any upcoming series if something disasterous happened injury wise to the blueline during an ongoing series

Just don't quite get it with Brown's status yet...somebody speak up if you know what's going on here

Old
04-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Pred303

oh yeah..Houston at Chicago in game two of their series at 7 CST tonight

Old
04-21-2005, 08:22 PM
Predatorbill

Great Win

Old
04-21-2005, 10:27 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Houston ties the series with Chitcago

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...?gameid=199687

Old
04-26-2005, 06:48 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Pivko suspended 1 game:

http://www.theahl.com/AHL/News/2005/04/26/1014042.html

Old
04-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
and Brandon Segal has been recalled.....technically this could be for pivko,because it plainly states under ahl eligibiliy rules that a player on the clearday roster that is suspended,may be replaced...but it could also(and most likely is)be as a replacement for either smithson,who might have a seperated shoulder and be out(missed last night's game)...or severson,who left last night's game with some injury in the 2nd...my bet is for smithson

segal's rockford team just finished the first round of their playoffs(which rockford won and for the first time in their history moved to the second round)...so it would make sense that they waited until rockford's first series was over...segal scored 8 frigging goals in the first round series(1 hat trick game,2 two goal games,and a 1 goal game that was the gamewinner)...so he looks fired up and should be a good call up...besides you feel Milwaukee needs his toughness in this series,especially if severson/smithson are out...

Old
04-26-2005, 08:10 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
We can definitely use Segal's toughness because it's going to get nasty. If this series is anything like the Chicago series of last year, we are in for it. We went up 3 game to one and in the last two games, Chicago was filthy. They were dirty in the first four games but nothing like the last two. Cincy is a similar team to Chicago's team last year and could very easily go a similar route (you've seen it at the end of both Admirals regulation wins) and that scares me.

Game 5 and 6 are going to be very difficult. I hope the officiating steps in and takes care of most of the crap. I'd hate for someone to get hurt because the series isn't going the Ducks way.

Old
04-27-2005, 01:40 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
What did Pivko do to get suspended?

Closed Thread