Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2013, 02:14 AM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapour Trails View Post
Losing those back to back games to Washington will prove to be the Jets undoing, mark my words.

I hope I'm wrong but the playoffs are a fairly remote chance now.

Might be best to hope for a total collapse in the final games and better draft pick and reload for next year rather than limping in to be cannon fodder for Pittsburgh.
I'll mark you down. I hadn't that, so Ill attribute that revelation to you.
And how exactly is a better draft pick reloading for next year?
Lastly, I wouldn't call 31% chance of making the playoffs remote. Optimal no, but a 1/3 chance is enough for me to want to continue winning.
To each his own I suppose.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:21 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Would much rather this team gain some much needed playoff experience than limp to a 2-4 record down the stretch and wind up picking in about the same place that they did last year. Very little chance that the Jets lose more than 4, and even if they were to drop all their remaining games, odds are against them picking in the top 5.

Like you said wpgsilver, to each their own, but I think the Jets are more or less past the point of no return WRT tanking. Besides, why wait until the draft for reinforcements? Let's get Laganière in a Jets uniform!

Old
04-14-2013, 02:48 AM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 635
I agree Hank, I think its FAR more important to have this group experience playoff hockey than it is to move up 5 spots in the draft.
Do I think a series with Pittsburgh would be fun? No, but I'd much rather face them then not be in the dance at all.
I do agree that signing Laganièr would be a nice boost. I'm not sure what role he could play for us in the immediate future, but he's a big body that plays a style of game that would mesh well with our style of play.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:51 AM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

vCash: 50
Just looked at the NHL schedule, didn't realize the Jets are spectators for the Friday-Saturday 26/27th of April....scoreboard watching for the final two nights and there is nothing they can do.

So until then, WIN!

Old
04-14-2013, 09:45 AM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

vCash: 500
The race is certainly not over, but last night was really painful. If I'm being honest with myself, my thoughts this morning have unintentionally drifted towards which draft publication I'm going to purchase and whether Chevy made the right moves at the deadline. My subconscious seems to be trying to tell me something.

I hope it's wrong.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:28 AM
JetsWillFly4Ever

If we had only gone like 2-3 instead of that 5 game losing streak

Everyone we need to loose keeps winning.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:35 PM
buyinnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapour Trails View Post
Losing those back to back games to Washington will prove to be the Jets undoing, mark my words.
revolutionary thinking. first time someone has said that since the Was games.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Repoman

I have been putting off buying some white gear for the playoffs but I think tomorrow I am just gonna go ahead and bite the bullet. Either way I'll be ready when the time comes (hopefully in a few weeks)

Old
04-14-2013, 08:14 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Kinda figured we wouldn't get much outside help. We dug ourselves a hole, now we gotta climb out of it.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:09 PM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke89 View Post
Kinda figured we wouldn't get much outside help. We dug ourselves a hole, now we gotta climb out of it.
Yup.

Wins against Capitals and Islanders are a must, obviously. So, too, are wins against TBay and Carolina. Buffalo seems to be playing a bit better their last two games, though i think that's an easy victory, but the Habs just seem to have our number.

Can the Jets go 6-0? Sure. Though 5-1 (loss to Habs) seems to be more probable to me.

Losses to either the Caps or Isles would dash any hope of playoffs, imo. Even a 3 pt game (with a win), isn't enough. Clean wins here on out!!!

Old
04-15-2013, 06:51 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Hey, LDM. Please get your Bruins to beat Ottawa tonight.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:24 AM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repoman View Post
I have been putting off buying some white gear for the playoffs but I think tomorrow I am just gonna go ahead and bite the bullet. Either way I'll be ready when the time comes (hopefully in a few weeks)
Perhaps we should all just say **** the playoffs, and do the Whiteout for the last 6 games of the season. Just whiteout the city. Let them know as far as importance is concerned, it basically is the playoffs already.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:38 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Tambo fired in Deadmonton, MacT hired as new GM

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Old
04-15-2013, 10:38 AM
Blackie Dammit
proud flatlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Yup.

Wins against Capitals and Islanders are a must, obviously. So, too, are wins against TBay and Carolina. Buffalo seems to be playing a bit better their last two games, though i think that's an easy victory, but the Habs just seem to have our number.

Can the Jets go 6-0? Sure. Though 5-1 (loss to Habs) seems to be more probable to me.

Losses to either the Caps or Isles would dash any hope of playoffs, imo. Even a 3 pt game (with a win), isn't enough. Clean wins here on out!!!
The last game of the season is vs MTL and I see us winning that game as it will be a nothing game for the Habs. The 1 game I see us losing is in WAS. Either way we gotta go at least 5-1

Old
04-15-2013, 10:47 AM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterpeg View Post
Perhaps we should all just say **** the playoffs, and do the Whiteout for the last 6 games of the season. Just whiteout the city. Let them know as far as importance is concerned, it basically is the playoffs already.
Mother nature apparently likes your plan

Old
04-15-2013, 11:03 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Tambo fired in Deadmonton, MacT hired as new GM
WTF?

I understand many have been not so impressed with Tambellini, but to hire MacTavish??? This just stinks of the Katz / Lowe connection, hiring their good pal Craig MacTavish who they already brought on board management last summer I think it was?

Maybe I am just out of the loop here, but I am laughing/shaking my head at Edmonton. Just seems like an old boys club.

04-15-2013, 11:10 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
WTF?

I understand many have been not so impressed with Tambellini, but to hire MacTavish??? This just stinks of the Katz / Lowe connection, hiring their good pal Craig MacTavish who they already brought on board management last summer I think it was?

Maybe I am just out of the loop here, but I am laughing/shaking my head at Edmonton. Just seems like an old boys club.
Go read the main board thread, lots have said the same thing you did.

Everyone is raging

Old
04-15-2013, 11:19 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Go read the main board thread, lots have said the same thing you did.

Everyone is raging
Just read some reactions from the main board and Oilers board. I actually feel bad for Oilers fans.

Old
04-15-2013, 11:23 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Even better? Scott Howson is in MacT's vacant VP seat.

Old
04-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Even better? Scott Howson is in MacT's vacant VP seat.
And to think - if the Jets had hired MacT instead of Noel back in 2011, Howson would probably by GM of the Oilers now!

Old
04-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Listened to some of the press conference, and MacTavish was pretty bold in what he wants to do in terms of making changes, adding the necessary depth to push this team/core forward. Either this works out for the Oilers in the next couple years or it perhaps blows up if their faces and becomes one of the most epic wastes of 1st overall draft talent we've ever seen.

Pressure is on in Edmonton now. No questions. We'll see how they do.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:05 PM
Aries56

Couldn't Tambo have at least traded us Eberle, Hall or Nuge before he left?
His days were numbered either way. I'm sure the team could have used one of Wellwood/Antro/Postma in exchange

Old
04-15-2013, 12:17 PM
surixon

Quote:
WTF?

Doesn't seem like Edmonton fans are happy at all with this. Can't believe how poorly run that org is. At any rate Lowe is getting absolutely roasted in the press conference.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:18 PM
surixon

Quote:
Listened to some of the press conference, and MacTavish was pretty bold in what he wants to do in terms of making changes, adding the necessary depth to push this team/core forward. Either this works out for the Oilers in the next couple years or it perhaps blows up if their faces and becomes one of the most epic wastes of 1st overall draft talent we've ever seen.

Pressure is on in Edmonton now. No questions. We'll see how they do.
Meh Tambellini said all those same things, doubt we see much change when its still Lowe pulling the strings.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Love how the arrogant old boys club mentality was on full display in that press conference. Also love the comment by Lowe that the Oilers "have two types of fans, the ones that pay and the ones that watch". Seriously?

Closed Thread