Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2013, 12:33 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyNymphomaniac View Post
I still don't understand why Winnipeg fans hate the leafs.. Are you trying to join the bandwagon teams that hate us and trying to fit in? which is sad by the way. Most of us didn't have the slightest dislike to u guy's getting your team back and were happy about it actually, which makes your hate for our team that much more of a mystery

Personally don't get the hate for the Leafs. IMO those people who hate them so much are really just giving them too much respect. Kinda like when you boo other teams best players and how people hate Crosby or hate Gretzky. The Leafs have done nothing to deserve that kind opf respect.

I'm completely indifferent about the Leafs. They've been a remarkably mediocre or even below mediocre franchise for my entire life. I feel no different about the Leafs than I do about the Blues. Another team that;s been around for a long time without accomplishing anything.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:41 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyNymphomaniac View Post
I still don't understand why Winnipeg fans hate the leafs.. Are you trying to join the bandwagon teams that hate us and trying to fit in? which is sad by the way. Most of us didn't have the slightest dislike to u guy's getting your team back and were happy about it actually, which makes your hate for our team that much more of a mystery
The constant media pandering towards them is sickening
I could understand it if they were good.... But they weren't.

Old
04-26-2013, 01:01 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
As they should! Leafs and Habs garner the most attention so they should get the most air time IMO. Not to sound like a **** but without the Leafs half the teams in the league would be gone. Think about it...a BILLION dollar value..we're talking NFL numbers with that kind of dough. Don't hate a team because of how much attention it gets have some real legit reasons and like others on this board don't make up stuff like we're dirty and untalented because it's fruitless and really garners a laugh from me and others probably.
A prime example of why Leaf fan attitudes make people hate the team.

"We make piles of money so you should all love and cherish us".

**** off home to your +75% gouged playoff ticket prices and leave a different fan bases board alone.

Old
04-26-2013, 01:06 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 595
Quote:
As they should! Leafs and Habs garner the most attention so they should get the most air time IMO. Not to sound like a **** but without the Leafs half the teams in the league would be gone. Think about it...a BILLION dollar value..we're talking NFL numbers with that kind of dough. Don't hate a team because of how much attention it gets have some real legit reasons and like others on this board don't make up stuff like we're dirty and untalented because it's fruitless and really garners a laugh from me and others probably.
You lack a fundamental understanding of how the financial structure of the league works. In fact, the league would likely be far healthier without the leafs. Under the current system the healthiest the league would be is if all teams made the same amount of money. Eliminating an outlier would only help. Since players salaries are based on HRR, the players would be making less money, but the remaining teams would be expending a lower amount (and a lower proportion of their personal revenue) on players.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Jet
Band of Beavers

... looks around.

Leaves. (Leafs)

04-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
... looks around.

Leaves. (Leafs)
What I shoulda done. Sad that Leaf fans feel the need to go into other teams threads and defend their sad franchise. I don't give a **** if Leaf fans want to hate the Jets or not, that's up to them, why should I care. By the same token, why in the hell do they care that I hate their team? Don't worry, close your eyes and the Leaf playoff run will be over in 4/5 games and they will go back to their natural position (out of playoffs) next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Holden, did you jist feel the Earth shift? Hundreds of angry Leafs fans will decend on this topic like a swarm of locusts.
You were right. It's sad really that they need to come over here to "defend the honor of the Leafs". Embarrassing. All you are managing to do is make people hate you more. Go home Leaf fans, you'll be happier over on this board

Old
04-26-2013, 04:34 PM
videofarmer
thirsty

Old
04-26-2013, 05:25 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofarmer View Post

OMG, how embarrassing. I'm so glad I have no ties to that sad sack of a frachise and their unstable, loose-canon fanbase!

Old
04-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Hammer Slammer
Tayler Mayors

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Minnesota with a chance to clinch with a win, down 5-0 to the Oilers in the 2nd.

edit: 6-0

wtf

Gonna have to change to full-on Blues bandwagon soon

Last edited by Hammer Slammer: 04-26-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old
04-26-2013, 10:19 PM
videofarmer
thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post

OMG, how embarrassing. I'm so glad I have no ties to that sad sack of a frachise and their unstable, loose-canon fanbase!
Some other guy = Rich Peverlry, btw. That was lots of fun on the Thrashers boards for awhile.

Old
04-26-2013, 10:20 PM
videofarmer
thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Minnesota with a chance to clinch with a win, down 5-0 to the Oilers in the 2nd.

edit: 6-0

wtf

Gonna have to change to full-on Blues bandwagon soon
That was pretty sad.

Old
04-26-2013, 10:34 PM
DespoticNewt

That game was pretty pathetic for the Wild. My schadenfreude senses were alight with delight.

Old
04-27-2013, 12:02 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
... looks around.

Leaves. (Leafs)
I can't wait for next season as their playoffs drought starts again...
Until they are a Fenwick positive team I don't think they are going to get PO in a 82 game schedule...
Reimer is good but not Rinne good to pull up a Fenwick minus team

Old
04-27-2013, 12:28 AM
Stats01

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I can't wait for next season as their playoffs drought starts again...
Until they are a Fenwick positive team I don't think they are going to get PO in a 82 game schedule...
Reimer is good but not Rinne good to pull up a Fenwick minus team
What is with these random comments...is Rinne the comparable to playoff hockey? Reimer is fine being Reimer thanks for your input though. He's done a hell of a job this year, he's a fighter, he deals with pressure extremely well ( just look at the trade deadline rumours and that whole situation) and look at how he's played afterwards. The kid is a stud and only 25

What does Rinne good even mean? LOL

Just look at Reimer's numbers .926 SV% 2.38 GAA lol yeah he sure sucks...get a clue

Old
04-27-2013, 12:36 AM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

Quote:
What is with these random comments...is Rinne the comparable to playoff hockey? Reimer is fine being Reimer thanks for your input though. He's done a hell of a job this year, he's a fighter, he deals with pressure extremely well ( just look at the trade deadline rumours and that whole situation) and look at how he's played afterwards. The kid is a stud and only 25

Just look at Reimer's numbers .926 SV% 2.38 GAA lol yeah he sure sucks...get a clue
Rinne good means unbelievable good.

Don't even pretend you have the slightest idea how Reimer handles pressure 'till he plays a playoff game. Media pressure and playoff pressure couldn't be farther from the same.

He's played well in a short season, but the jury is still out on him as far as I'm concerned.

Old
04-27-2013, 12:39 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Stats01 - it's rumoured that this is an excellent place to post things about the Leafs: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17

Old
04-27-2013, 12:41 AM
Hank Chinaski
Above Paverage

Quote:

Good lord, you're not even attempting to make rational arguments here.

Thanks for dropping by. I'd suggest going back to the Leafs forum, your arguments aren't gaining much traction here.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:10 AM
DespoticNewt

Haha. It's amazing how quick Leafs fans can sniff out any malignant talk of their club.

Old
04-27-2013, 02:08 AM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:

Reading comprehension failure report.

He said that Reimer was good, just not as elite as Rinne.

In order for TML to remain competitive next year with poor Fenwick ratings he would need to play at Rinne's level.

Oh yeah (for all the Leaf fans that insist on posting on another team's board)
Leafs Suck!
Swept in first round!
Next year they finish 6th in their division.
Kadri will collapse next year.
Dressing goons doesn't make your team tough. Leave staged fights to the WWE.
Leafs Suck!

Old
04-27-2013, 02:32 AM
DespoticNewt

Oh, Stats. Your bite has no teeth, what with the Leafs not making the playoffs since 2004. How many years ago was that? Enjoy what little success they've had in this truncated season, because we know what place they would be in at the end of a full season. See you!

Old
04-27-2013, 02:35 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Quote:
Oh, Stats. Your bite has no teeth, what with the Leafs not making the playoffs since 2004. How many years ago was that? Enjoy what little success they've had in this truncated season, because we know what place they would be in at the end of a full season. See you!
Given their play as of late, this would be right about the time that they came crashing back to earth. Regression to norm. Lucky for them its a shortened season.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:31 AM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Laffs fans are so petty. It's like they DEMAND respect from everyone else; you apparently have to worship them because they are an origional six team; bunch of self-entitled twits. LOL Get over yoursevles you primadonnas! You guys have sucked for almost half a century, and I will gladly look forward to you sucking for the remainder of the next century!

Old
04-27-2013, 07:06 PM
DespoticNewt

What an epic night for hockey. Laffs and Habs to decide seedings in the east; CBJ, Refwings, and Mild all fighting for the same spots and are separated by one point. Wings are fighting for their streak and sit in the best position. The Wings win, and they're in. If either Minny or CBJ loses, they in. If Minny loses, CBJ is in. if Minny wins, they're in. So much riding on one game. It ought to be good.

Old
04-27-2013, 07:26 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
What an epic night for hockey. Laffs and Habs to decide seedings in the east; CBJ, Refwings, and Mild all fighting for the same spots and are separated by one point. Wings are fighting for their streak and sit in the best position. The Wings win, and they're in. If either Minny or CBJ loses, they in. If Minny loses, CBJ is in. if Minny wins, they're in. So much riding on one game. It ought to be good.
If Leafs lose and Ottawa wins their last two games then they take 5th.

Old
04-27-2013, 07:35 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Kadri On-Ice SH% 14.65
Toronto PDO 1.032
Toronto team SH% 11.00%

Ya... that looks stable to me

For fun, adjusting Kadri's On-Ice SH% to that normally seen in teams top6 gives Kadri ~1.60 pts/60mins... around the same as Antropov this and last season.
But that's ok, maybe Kadri can do what Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Kovi, and others failed...

Closed Thread