HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

USPHL now an "independent" junior league

Old
04-07-2013, 05:53 PM
3rd Guy High

vCash: 500
USPHL now an "independent" junior league

http://www.juniorhockey.com/news/new...?news_id=78945

Anyone have any idea what the major differences between being an independent but "USA Hockey compliant" and being a USA hockey junior league is from the perspective of a player?

I was thinking it was simply insurance but it seems from the article that every player will be registered with USA hockey. Surely this league will have some type of player insurance correct?

Any thoughts?

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 02:57 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by li97 View Post
http://www.juniorhockey.com/news/new...?news_id=78945

Anyone have any idea what the major differences between being an independent but "USA Hockey compliant" and being a USA hockey junior league is from the perspective of a player?

I was thinking it was simply insurance but it seems from the article that every player will be registered with USA hockey. Surely this league will have some type of player insurance correct?

Any thoughts?
As a guy from Europe, i think, an independent league can make his own rules. For example, no EU restriction. For example GMHL (canadian independet league) has teams, that are full of euro players.

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:52 AM
3rd Guy High

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
As a guy from Europe, i think, an independent league can make his own rules. For example, no EU restriction. For example GMHL (canadian independet league) has teams, that are full of euro players.
That's the idea I initially got, but they specifically mentioned that they would be following the import guidelines set by USA hockey.

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Slowe

Insurance, registration $$$, and being required to follow USAH's rules. Maybe something else, but that's the majority.

Basically they tried to make a new league, filed the paperwork too late for USAH to allow it, and were shot down. So this is them saying we're going to do it anyway, but they still want to be in USAH. They will try to stay in good graces with USAH by following all USAH's rules as a show of good faith. They'll refile in hopes to get approval for the following year.

I'm sure they'll figure out the insurance thing in the mean time.

Slowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 04:49 PM
ECS Scout

The USPHL has secured insurance

for their Junior League.

The two Youth Divisions (U16/U18) are already under the coverage of USA Hockey. USA Hockey could not approve this league because of the late submission by the USPHL They are working with the owners and they will have alot of discussions at the annual summer congress in June. They will follow the rules set forth by USAH becasue they want this to be a USAH sanctioned league....

ECS Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Marotte Marauder

USAHockey insurance is way overated and ridiculously expensive for the coverage it provides. No loss there.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote