HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Joffrey Lupul: Hes baaaaaaaaaack!

Old
04-11-2013, 01:15 PM
BonMorrison
Your resident SJW

vCash: 500
**** Jay Rosehill.

That's all that needs to be said.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Auston Marlander
I was in the pool!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
Ya, lets keep quoting the pic that doesn't fit on the screen so we have to scroll to see what people say.
Fits on my screen? Should auto resize.

Auston Marlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:03 PM
daveleaf

Feel bad for the player, I believe he got hurt in the same corner he separated his shoulder in last year. We are a far better team with him in the lineup and we have two very dangerous lines with him and Kadri and Kullemin.

Who would have thought a year ago Gardiner and Frattin would be on the outside looking in. I really feel bad for Jake but he has to clean up his game a little but I love him on the power play.

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:33 PM
CanadianLov3

Latest news on Lupes:

@bigdaddymcgill: Lupes skates w/ the guys who didn't play last night. He looked very good out there. I'm sure it won't be long until he returns! #TMLtalk"

CanadianLov3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Aplayaz2000

surprised if he didnt play Saturday

Aplayaz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Doshy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianLov3 View Post
Latest news on Lupes:

@bigdaddymcgill: Lupes skates w/ the guys who didn't play last night. He looked very good out there. I'm sure it won't be long until he returns! #TMLtalk"
Good.

Doshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:42 PM
TootooTrain
Southern Hospitality

Wouldn't mind him taking another few games for precautionary reasons. Give him 3-4 games to get back into gear without risking another injury. I want this guy ready for the end of the season and the P-word.

TootooTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:44 PM
bunjay

I hope the Leafs told Lupul not to play unless he's really 100%. This close to the playoffs, what's the hurry? Lupul was easily our best player in the short amount of time he's had this year, a force of nature.

bunjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Doshy

A healthy Lupul in the playoffs may be unstoppable the way he was going a while ago.

Doshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Warden of the North
Global Moderator
The Matthews Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
I hope the Leafs told Lupul not to play unless he's really 100%. This close to the playoffs, what's the hurry? Lupul was easily our best player in the short amount of time he's had this year, a force of nature.
Im pretty management always tells player thats. Its whether or not the player is honest with the Dr.

Warden of the North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:49 PM
bunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Im pretty management always tells player thats. Its whether or not the player is honest with the Dr.
I imagine there are many situations where players feel pressure, whether it's direct or not, to hurry back. Why was Gunnarsson back when he said himself he wasn't fully recovered?

Old
04-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianLov3 View Post
Latest news on Lupes:

04-11-2013, 05:50 PM
SpeakerForTheDead

Quote:
I imagine there are many situations where players feel pressure, whether it's direct or not, to hurry back. Why was Gunnarsson back when he said himself he wasn't fully recovered?
Because nothing can be done about his injury until the off-season I believe. So it was either play or be out until next year. And him and the doctors agreed that he could play without causing further damage.

04-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Players in general can sometimes be stubborn though and can waive it. They'll come out on their own, which can be bothersome. I know three instances for the leafs IMO. One was when Dion was cut in the leg, I was DAMN sure he came back early because his shot was so damn off, and you can see it when he moved his leg. John Michael Liles after the concussion, IMO also got out early as possible, to join the group. The most obvious one would be Joe Colborne with his wrist. However Lupul in the past has taken his time to make sure he comes back prepared, he's learned his lesson after the surgery for his back in Anaheim and infection that took place afterwards.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:52 PM
bunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakerForTheDead View Post
Because nothing can be done about his injury until the off-season I believe. So it was either play or be out until next year. And him and the doctors agreed that he could play without causing further damage.
Is this the case? I wasn't aware, he seems to have really picked up his game over the last week and I had assumed it was because his hip is no longer bothering him.

Old
04-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
He seems to have found his stride back even though you could tell by the way he was playing on the ice, he was forcing things and it was costing him. His position has been good the last few games, so maybe he's working around it. However I hope he keeps this up and not regress back as with the playoffs in sight, we really need him to be a good partner for Dion.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Confucius

Quote:
I sort of want to hang on to 5th and hopefully play knockoff the Habs.

Confucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Hero
Buffy is Back

He said himself he thinks he has a concussion, if thats true then he's out for awhile longer.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:33 PM
CanadianLov3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doshy View Post
A healthy Lupul in the playoffs may be unstoppable the way he was going a while ago.
That's for sure he said it himself on tweeter that he ALWAYS comes back STRONGER and I sure as hell believe him lol. Can't wait for his return

Old
04-11-2013, 06:40 PM
CanadianLov3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
He said himself he thinks he has a concussion, if thats true then he's out for awhile longer.
We don't know if he really said it, the source is the Toronto Star.. anything from them should be taken with a grain of salt. For all we know he probably didn't even speak to them.. toronto star likes to pull crap out of their ass just for attention.

He's skating and looks good.. don't think its that serious.

Old
04-11-2013, 06:42 PM
SpeakerForTheDead

Quote:
Is this the case? I wasn't aware, he seems to have really picked up his game over the last week and I had assumed it was because his hip is no longer bothering him.
That's what I remember when the injury happened. Not sure if anything has changed in the last 2 months though as there hasn't really been any reports about it.

In an interview in March I believe, Gunnar said it's still an ongoing issue, some days he can barely tell there is a problem and other days its nagging pain.

SpeakerForTheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:43 PM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Hold him out until game #1.

or game #48

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Daisy Jane
trust the vision

Quote:
That's what I remember when the injury happened. Not sure if anything has changed in the last 2 months though as there hasn't really been any reports about it.

In an interview in March I believe, Gunnar said it's still an ongoing issue, some days he can barely tell there is a problem and other days its nagging pain.
I have hip issues, and I could totally understand what he means. there are weeks where I am fully mobile, and then my hips freeze up, and i can barely walk.

I'd rather Lupul not play against dirty dirty Montreal.

Daisy Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:58 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
If so, it must have been a very minor concussion considering he was skating, shooting the puck and talking to the media just days after the incident.

One must realize that there are varying levels of concussions, and trust me if he had a concussion we should be worried about we would probably have absolutely NO idea what is going on with him considering he'd be going through the Sidney Crosby treatment locked in a dark room.

Haven't you ever hit your head and felt woozy and a bit out of it, even a few days after the incident? I'm guessing Lupul was facing some headaches and neck pain (whiplash pain is the WORST, moving your neck any other direction than what it's locked in is IMPOSSIBLE and PAINFUL) and was simply troubled by the discomfort. Given the fact that he has world-class massage therapists at his disposal, I'm sure they helped him relieve some of the neck discomfort and his headaches are gradually dissipating hence him taking part in practice and skating in scrimmages.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:11 PM
SteveV*

It's obviously a minor concussion. Looks like Saturday is possible, but we play four in six starting Monday so...

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote