HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk II

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2013, 10:48 AM
canucksfan100

vCash: 500
I really want Zykov, if not Gauthier or Mantha. Horvat and Lazar will be gone easily in top 15.

Gillis should also sign Myles Bell and Turner Elson. Overagers, who are big and put up points in WHL last year.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:53 AM
arsmaster*
semantic romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbello View Post
So should we play, which Goaltender with the Canucks draft this year?? Who are some of your pics?

My thinking is the Canucks will probably wait till the 5th round. Maybe take a Finnish goaltender Ville Husso or Juuse Saros. I think Ville is the back-up but Juuse is smallish.... What guesses are out there??
Brendan Burke. Athletic and coached by one of the best in the business, his dad, Sean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiCKNESS View Post
I really want Zykov, if not Gauthier or Mantha. Horvat and Lazar will be gone easily in top 15.

Gillis should also sign Myles Bell and Turner Elson. Overagers, who are big and put up points in WHL last year.
Turner Elson is 6'0" 185lbs and has never scored PPG in the WHL, even as an overage.

Bell is stocky but not big...you drafting him as a defenseman or forward? Not sure he'll make it as either at the NHL level.

THe Q league scares me. I like Zykov, I like Mantha's tools, but he scares the bejeeezus out of me, and I don't want Gautheir, not sure he's any better or much different than Gaunce (Gaunce has a superior shot and worse skating).

Old
05-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Bell is stocky but not big...you drafting him as a defenseman or forward? Not sure he'll make it as either at the NHL level.
I like Bell at forward. Size-wise he's going to top out similar to Raffi Torres probably. I would be in favour of us signing him if that was a possibility but he's still eligible to be drafted and likely will be.

Old
05-14-2013, 11:06 AM
arsmaster*
semantic romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
I like Bell at forward. Size-wise he's going to top out similar to Raffi Torres probably. I would be in favour of us signing him if that was a possibility but he's still eligible to be drafted and likely will be.
He's not fast like Raffi. Built like him though.

I watched at least a half dozen Kelowna games this year, probably closer to a dozen (one live) and he was not in the top 5 most impressive Rockets.

He'll probably get drafted, but I wouldn't touch him.

Old
05-14-2013, 11:22 AM
MAGICMAN1963

Quote:
Brendan Burke. Athletic and coached by one of the best in the business, his dad, Sean.

Turner Elson is 6'0" 185lbs and has never scored PPG in the WHL, even as an overage.

THe Q league scares me. I like Zykov, I like Mantha's tools, but he scares the bejeeezus out of me, and I don't want Gautheir, not sure he's any better or much different than Gaunce (Gaunce has a superior shot and worse skating).
I have seen Turner Elson,play a few times for the Red Deer Rebles,Great charector player.To me he is another Chris Higgins.He is signed with Calgary tho.Played 1 game with the Heat.

Old
05-14-2013, 12:47 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICMAN1963 View Post
I have seen Turner Elson,play a few times for the Red Deer Rebles,Great charector player.To me he is another Chris Higgins.He is signed with Calgary tho.Played 1 game with the Heat.
How do you even compare the two? Elson can't even put together a PPG season in his overage year while Higgins was PPG in college the year he got drafted and significantly above PPG the year after. He came into the league as a very notable prospect and put up some pretty impressive offensive seasons in his career.

Old
05-14-2013, 12:53 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 566
Bells history is pretty ****ed, but I've seen him play a lot for the rockets, he looks dangerous out there all the time! Would love it if he was our prospect

Old
05-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

Also really hope the Canucks draft brassart, he's been passed over the last few years but man, he was calgarys best player most nights in the playoffs

Old
05-14-2013, 12:55 PM
PRNuck
Rekt.

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
Also really hope the Canucks draft brassart, he's been passed over the last few years but man, he was calgarys best player most nights in the playoffs
I thought he was Pens property?

Old
05-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Well that sucks! Buzz killed

Old
05-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Is he? I haven't heard anything and a quick Google search didn't reveal anything.

Old
05-14-2013, 01:11 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

Brassart is from bc too!

Old
05-14-2013, 02:28 PM
PRNuck
Rekt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
Well that sucks! Buzz killed
Quote:
Is he? I haven't heard anything and a quick Google search didn't reveal anything.
Yeah you know what, I don't see anything either. I swear I remember reading that in an article on the Subway series, maybe was a typo or a misremember.

This is good news though! He's a beauty. In the three Hitmen Game 1s this year, he had a hatrick, an OT winner and another hat trick.

Old
05-14-2013, 03:25 PM
jigsaw99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICMAN1963 View Post
no thanks, we don't need another Kellan Tochkin. Flames can have him.

Old
05-14-2013, 08:39 PM
MAGICMAN1963

Quote:
How do you even compare the two? Elson can't even put together a PPG season in his overage year while Higgins was PPG in college the year he got drafted and significantly above PPG the year after. He came into the league as a very notable prospect and put up some pretty impressive offensive seasons in his career.
not going to argue,just saying i see a little bit of a Higgins type in him.But it dont matter,he is Flames property.

Old
05-14-2013, 09:17 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
My wish list if we keep our current draft spot (some may not fall to us, but I'm listing players who may be there):

1) Valery Nichushkin (obviously he's the BPA if he falls to us. The Russian factor is the only reason why I'd list him here otherwise he's long gone).
2) Curtis Lazar
3) Max Domi
4) Adam Erne
5) Bo Horvat
6) Andre Burakovsky (what's with Scandinavian players having Russian names this year?)

And some guys who could be available with our pick in round 3:

1) Pavel Buchnevich
2) Bogdan Yakimov
3) Michael McCarron
4) Hudson Fasching
5) Jordan Subban

Round 4:

1) Connor Rankin
2) JC Lipon
3) Tyler Lewington
4) Ryan Graves

Round 5:

1) Sven Andrighetto
2) Axel Blomqvist
3) Matt Buckles
4) Justin Auger
5) Brendan Burke

05-14-2013, 09:21 PM
How Ya Drouin
12/08/13 GM GamesRIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
My wish list if we keep our current draft spot (some may not fall to us, but I'm listing players who may be there):

1) Valery Nichushkin (obviously he's the BPA if he falls to us. The Russian factor is the only reason why I'd list him here otherwise he's long gone).
2) Curtis Lazar
3) Max Domi
4) Adam Erne
5) Bo Horvat
6) Andre Burakovsky (what's with Scandinavian players having Russian names this year?)

And some guys who could be available with our pick in round 3:

1) Pavel Buchnevich
2) Bogdan Yakimov
3) Michael McCarron
4) Hudson Fasching
5) Jordan Subban

Round 4:

1) Connor Rankin
2) JC Lipon
3) Tyler Lewington
4) Ryan Graves

Round 5:

1) Sven Andrighetto
2) Axel Blomqvist
3) Matt Buckles
4) Justin Auger
5) Brendan Burke
Would be cool to get Lipon. He had a great year and seems to be a character type player who can put up a few points. Sure, a late-developer, but little risk with a mid-round pick.

Old
05-14-2013, 09:25 PM
BlueRoyal14

It seems like last year after the Kings won the Cup with their size, grit and two way ability, they just said ******* it and went with the obvious skilled player in Tanner Pearson with their 1st. If he falls, I'm hoping the Canucks do the same and draft Petan. No messing around. Don't try to find the perfect package of size and skill. Just get some pure skill into the system.

Old
05-14-2013, 09:28 PM
How Ya Drouin
12/08/13 GM GamesRIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRoyal14 View Post
It seems like last year after the Kings won the Cup with their size, grit and two way ability, they just said ******* it and went with the obvious skilled player in Tanner Pearson with their 1st. If he falls, I'm hoping the Canucks do the same and draft Petan. No messing around. Don't try to find the perfect package of size and skill. Just get some pure skill into the system.
The only slight difference is that the Canucks have little to none size, grit and two way ability, plus the fact they didn't win the cup.

But other than that, I don't see the difference.

Old
05-14-2013, 09:43 PM
BlueRoyal14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JI123 View Post
The only slight difference is that the Canucks have little to none size, grit and two way ability, plus the fact they didn't win the cup.

But other than that, I don't see the difference.
True, but what I'm saying is that the Canucks need some pure skill in their prospect pool and it might pay off to go the pure skill route, like the Kings did, instead of trying to be too fancy at the draft table.

Old
05-15-2013, 09:52 AM
arsmaster*
semantic romantic

http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.ca/2...kings-may.html

New ISS rankings for May.

Erne once again is not included.

They have Max Domi available at our spot. That is who I'd take based on the list. I just like his body type a bit more than Petan's. Very powerful, strong lower half, and has the cocky attitude to go with his natural abilities that is very reminiscent of Patrick Kane (not saying he'll be as good as Kane, but definitely has some similar traits).

Old
05-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.ca/2...kings-may.html

New ISS rankings for May.

Erne once again is not included.

They have Max Domi available at our spot. That is who I'd take based on the list. I just like his body type a bit more than Petan's. Very powerful, strong lower half, and has the cocky attitude to go with his natural abilities that is very reminiscent of Patrick Kane (not saying he'll be as good as Kane, but definitely has some similar traits).

Klimchuk isn't there either. Nor Hartman.

It would be pretty cool to have Klimchuk, Petan, Domi and Erne waiting to get picked at the Canucks spot.

Old
05-15-2013, 10:04 AM
arsmaster*
semantic romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Klimchuk isn't there either. Nor Hartman.

It would be pretty cool to have Klimchuk, Petan, Domi and Erne waiting to get picked at the Canucks spot.
See, I could make the case for Hartman not being included, same with Klimchuk....ISS sure bumped a lot of defensman after the U-18's.

It really is shaping up to be an incredible draft if those 4 guys are available at 24.

Now, the saddness is setting in that we don't have a 2nd.

Old
05-15-2013, 10:19 AM
PRNuck
Rekt.

I'm starting to develop confusing feelings for Bo Horvat

Old
05-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Tiranis

Quote:
Now, the saddness is setting in that we don't have a 2nd.
I'm fully expecting to acquire a few picks from the inevitable Luongo deal.

Closed Thread