HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Which teams might surprise in the playoff?

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2005, 01:14 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Which teams might surprise in the playoff?

I could see Hamilton win the series against Rochester...
Who else???

Old
04-18-2005, 01:18 PM
Pepper

If Cassivi stays hot, Cincy could beat Milwaukee. Otherwise Milwaukee should take it.

Old
04-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Chartrand

The two lowest seeds in the Atlantic could make a run.

Lowell is physical, has a great top line, and Cam Ward is obviously having a great season.

Providence has Hannu Toivonen...'nough said.

Old
04-18-2005, 02:17 PM
Mr Brownstone

Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
I could see Hamilton win the series against Rochester...
Who else???
There's very little chance of this. Past Komisarek, Rochester's forwards eat that defense alive. I think Rochester sweeps them.

It wouldn't really be a surprise, but I think Binghamton tops Manchester in the final of that conference.

Old
04-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Twist and Shout

Providence with the help of the best goaltender in the AHL.

Old
04-18-2005, 02:29 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brownstone
There's very little chance of this. Past Komisarek, Rochester's forwards eat that defense alive. I think Rochester sweeps them.

It wouldn't really be a surprise, but I think Binghamton tops Manchester in the final of that conference.
I wouldn't go as far as saying Rochester will sweep them. I even posted on the Montreal board that Hamilton is the favorite going into the series. That may be a stretch, but Hamilton is heading into the playoffs hot, and the Amerks have been playing like crap. Their GAA the past 20 games is 3.5+.

Now I have kind of changed my mind since a lot of injured guys are back and they played better the past few games, but Hamilton can definitely win this series. I wouldn't be all that surprised if they do.

Old
04-19-2005, 12:04 AM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27
I wouldn't go as far as saying Rochester will sweep them. I even posted on the Montreal board that Hamilton is the favorite going into the series. That may be a stretch, but Hamilton is heading into the playoffs hot, and the Amerks have been playing like crap. Their GAA the past 20 games is 3.5+.

Now I have kind of changed my mind since a lot of injured guys are back and they played better the past few games, but Hamilton can definitely win this series. I wouldn't be all that surprised if they do.
Rochester should win but Hamilton is hot right now i agree. Miller always play well against the Dogs and it could be need as Hamilton are 19-8-1-1 since mid-feb.

One thing that could be bad for the Amerks would be looking to win games of high scoring. With the GAA the past 20 games over 3.5+ as you said, it wont cut it against the dogs, they are 25-0-0 this year in games where they scores 4+ goals...

Old
04-19-2005, 04:36 PM
roaddogg02316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun
Rochester should win but Hamilton is hot right now i agree. Miller always play well against the Dogs and it could be need as Hamilton are 19-8-1-1 since mid-feb.

One thing that could be bad for the Amerks would be looking to win games of high scoring. With the GAA the past 20 games over 3.5+ as you said, it wont cut it against the dogs, they are 25-0-0 this year in games where they scores 4+ goals...
Definitely could see Providence moving ahead. Toivonen when he is on his game is a great player. As for Rochester, they really arent a great team unless there all playing well as a team. Everyone has to be on their game or else they have problems.

Old
04-19-2005, 10:06 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
If Cassivi stays hot, Cincy could beat Milwaukee. Otherwise Milwaukee should take it.
Lupul is the other key player. If he wants to be the best player out there then he will and the Ducks win. If not Milwaukee wins.

Old
04-20-2005, 01:22 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenSteen
Providence with the help of the best goaltender in the AHL.

How is Ryan Miller going to help Providence

04-22-2005, 05:20 AM
kremlin

Well, Rochester is favourite to win it all, but I would put some money on Milwaukee for a repeat Calder Cup performance

Old
04-22-2005, 06:46 AM
bruins4777*

Providence would be the biggest upset i think...because of the fact that there really is no defense. Alberts and Jurcina are great, but outside of those two....well everybody else kind of sucks at playing defense or is really inconsitent.

I don't consider rochester the fav to win it all, after the last 20 games or so of the season. They have the potential. But i think right now the favorites are chicago and binghamton.

The pens, would be interesting to see them win it all. I mean all year they under achieved except for short spurts, so if any time for the team to finally start playing hard and TOGETHER it would be right now, and it would be one hell of a season if they did finally put it all together and win it all. Because i really feel that if the pens play up to their potential they can go head to head with ANY team in the league and come out on top.

Closed Thread