HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Which teams might surprise in the playoff?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-18-2005, 01:14 PM
  #1
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,496
vCash: 500
Which teams might surprise in the playoff?

I could see Hamilton win the series against Rochester...
Who else???

Freaky Habs Fan is offline  
Old
04-18-2005, 01:18 PM
  #2
Pepper
Registered User
 
Pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,404
vCash: 500
If Cassivi stays hot, Cincy could beat Milwaukee. Otherwise Milwaukee should take it.

Pepper is offline  
Old
04-18-2005, 01:38 PM
  #3
Chartrand
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Bahrain
Posts: 2,209
vCash: 500
The two lowest seeds in the Atlantic could make a run.

Lowell is physical, has a great top line, and Cam Ward is obviously having a great season.

Providence has Hannu Toivonen...'nough said.

Chartrand is offline  
Old
04-18-2005, 02:17 PM
  #4
Mr Brownstone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: 596 miles away
Country: United States
Posts: 4,904
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
I could see Hamilton win the series against Rochester...
Who else???
There's very little chance of this. Past Komisarek, Rochester's forwards eat that defense alive. I think Rochester sweeps them.

It wouldn't really be a surprise, but I think Binghamton tops Manchester in the final of that conference.

Mr Brownstone is offline  
Old
04-18-2005, 02:24 PM
  #5
Twist and Shout
Registered User
 
Twist and Shout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,264
vCash: 500
Providence with the help of the best goaltender in the AHL.

Twist and Shout is offline  
Old
04-18-2005, 02:29 PM
  #6
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brownstone
There's very little chance of this. Past Komisarek, Rochester's forwards eat that defense alive. I think Rochester sweeps them.

It wouldn't really be a surprise, but I think Binghamton tops Manchester in the final of that conference.
I wouldn't go as far as saying Rochester will sweep them. I even posted on the Montreal board that Hamilton is the favorite going into the series. That may be a stretch, but Hamilton is heading into the playoffs hot, and the Amerks have been playing like crap. Their GAA the past 20 games is 3.5+.

Now I have kind of changed my mind since a lot of injured guys are back and they played better the past few games, but Hamilton can definitely win this series. I wouldn't be all that surprised if they do.

sabrefan27 is online now  
Old
04-19-2005, 12:04 AM
  #7
Anksun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,557
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27
I wouldn't go as far as saying Rochester will sweep them. I even posted on the Montreal board that Hamilton is the favorite going into the series. That may be a stretch, but Hamilton is heading into the playoffs hot, and the Amerks have been playing like crap. Their GAA the past 20 games is 3.5+.

Now I have kind of changed my mind since a lot of injured guys are back and they played better the past few games, but Hamilton can definitely win this series. I wouldn't be all that surprised if they do.
Rochester should win but Hamilton is hot right now i agree. Miller always play well against the Dogs and it could be need as Hamilton are 19-8-1-1 since mid-feb.

One thing that could be bad for the Amerks would be looking to win games of high scoring. With the GAA the past 20 games over 3.5+ as you said, it wont cut it against the dogs, they are 25-0-0 this year in games where they scores 4+ goals...

Anksun is offline  
Old
04-19-2005, 04:36 PM
  #8
roaddogg02316
Registered User
 
roaddogg02316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun
Rochester should win but Hamilton is hot right now i agree. Miller always play well against the Dogs and it could be need as Hamilton are 19-8-1-1 since mid-feb.

One thing that could be bad for the Amerks would be looking to win games of high scoring. With the GAA the past 20 games over 3.5+ as you said, it wont cut it against the dogs, they are 25-0-0 this year in games where they scores 4+ goals...
Definitely could see Providence moving ahead. Toivonen when he is on his game is a great player. As for Rochester, they really arent a great team unless there all playing well as a team. Everyone has to be on their game or else they have problems.

roaddogg02316 is offline  
Old
04-19-2005, 10:06 PM
  #9
McDonald19
Hampus
 
McDonald19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 17,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
If Cassivi stays hot, Cincy could beat Milwaukee. Otherwise Milwaukee should take it.
Lupul is the other key player. If he wants to be the best player out there then he will and the Ducks win. If not Milwaukee wins.

McDonald19 is offline  
Old
04-20-2005, 01:22 AM
  #10
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 34,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenSteen
Providence with the help of the best goaltender in the AHL.

How is Ryan Miller going to help Providence

__________________
I love you all.
Legionnaire is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 05:20 AM
  #11
kremlin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 854
vCash: 500
Well, Rochester is favourite to win it all, but I would put some money on Milwaukee for a repeat Calder Cup performance

kremlin is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 06:46 AM
  #12
bruins4777*
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,282
vCash: 500
Providence would be the biggest upset i think...because of the fact that there really is no defense. Alberts and Jurcina are great, but outside of those two....well everybody else kind of sucks at playing defense or is really inconsitent.

I don't consider rochester the fav to win it all, after the last 20 games or so of the season. They have the potential. But i think right now the favorites are chicago and binghamton.

The pens, would be interesting to see them win it all. I mean all year they under achieved except for short spurts, so if any time for the team to finally start playing hard and TOGETHER it would be right now, and it would be one hell of a season if they did finally put it all together and win it all. Because i really feel that if the pens play up to their potential they can go head to head with ANY team in the league and come out on top.

bruins4777* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.