HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

What is the WCHA doing that....

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2005, 06:22 PM
PuckFan01

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
I'm not disputing that fact, but at the same token I'm not going to sit here and say/imply that the other conferences, specifically Hockey East isn't as good as nor will ever be as good as the WCHA. I gave several examples that supports my position and also brings us back to my initial question.
I doubt anybody truly thinks this current performance by the WCHA is a permanent thing. It is too difficult to predict something like that. But it does appear that the WCHA is the best college hockey league now and has been so for a number of years. The way they are bringing in many of the best recruits next year, it doesn't look like this trend will change soon.

Old
05-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckFan01
I am not sure why this has to be explained but the point is that a team may meet capacity in fans but that certainly doesn't mean they get equal support compared to other programs that bring in quite a bit more fans and may not even meet their rink capacity.

My point is that it isn't the teams fault that their rinks only hold 1000 and I for one would rather see a 1000 seat rink full than a 15000 rink half full

Old
05-04-2005, 09:36 PM
PuckFan01

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky
My point is that it isn't the teams fault that their rinks only hold 1000 and I for one would rather see a 1000 seat rink full than a 15000 rink half full
I would guess you aren't working in an athletic department since I doubt they would agree with you. Especially once the box office receipts are tallied up.

Old
05-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckFan01
I would guess you aren't working in an athletic department since I doubt they would agree with you. Especially once the box office receipts are tallied up.
Yeah well, the thing is, with a lot of colleges, they make more money than the butts in the seats anyway, take SCSU for example, they have been able to announce crowds od 5500 when its been about 3500 because all the student tickets count as "sold" because its part of the student fees here.
And no, I'm not a part of any athletic department, I'd rather stay where I am, on the broadcasting side of the equation

Closed Thread