HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gonchar's rights to the flyers?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-08-2013, 04:58 AM
  #1
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,397
vCash: 500
Gonchar's rights to the flyers?

Ek has it in his brain that Dallas will not be able to sign Gonchar and could trade his rights to Philly.

Of ALL places he could choose he picks Philly the team with -2.5 million in cap space. I sopose they could free up the money by buying out Briere but then how would they sign Read? this rumor lacks logic

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now  
Old
06-08-2013, 05:22 AM
  #2
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,079
vCash: 500
Eklund is an idiot.


Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 6h
Gonchar's agent, JP Barry was given permission to find a trade partner for Ottawa when the Sens decided not to re-sign the vet d-man....

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 6h
KHL interest excelerated the process for Gonchar who will likely agree to a 2 year deal with the Stars. #TSN



... I realize Dreger is not THE most trusted guy, but I'll take his word any day over Ek-freaking-lund.

BonkTastic is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 05:30 AM
  #3
Limekiller
Registered User
 
Limekiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 375
vCash: 500
I wonder if some GMs deliberately troll Eklund just for the lolz. I can just imagine some staffs cackling among themselves as they try and come up with the most outrageously idiotic potential moves to "leak" to him to see if he'll report them, while they sit back and bust a gut laughing when he labels it an E4 or something.

Limekiller is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 07:00 AM
  #4
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Ek has it in his brain that Dallas will not be able to sign Gonchar and could trade his rights to Philly.

Of ALL places he could choose he picks Philly the team with -2.5 million in cap space. I sopose they could free up the money by buying out Briere but then how would they sign Read? this rumor lacks logic
Please, don't comment on a situation you have no idea what you are talking about.

Pronger on LTIR frees up 4.921m
Briere bought out clears 6.5m

If Gonchar is under pronger's cap, he could be used as the replacement player.

We have no real big names or young players to sign this year.

RFA :
Erik Gustafsson

UFA :
Simon Gagne (Said he's willing to take less money to stay with the team)
Fedotenko (signed in KHL already I believe)
Shelley (Retiring)
Knuble (Retiring)
Hall (Could be re-signed for 800k or so
Walker (Leaving)
Foster (Leaving)
Huskins (most likely leaving. Could be signed for less than 1m easily.)


Also Meszaros off the books if he's moved is another 4m off the books.

Signing Gonchar is easily doable.

Krishna is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 07:03 AM
  #5
WillyBilly1990
Registered User
 
WillyBilly1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Gatineau, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 561
vCash: 500
If Gonchar does sign with Philly does Ottawa get Dallas's 6th ?

WillyBilly1990 is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 07:39 AM
  #6
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK
 
therealkoho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: the Prior
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Eklund is an idiot.


Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 6h
Gonchar's agent, JP Barry was given permission to find a trade partner for Ottawa when the Sens decided not to re-sign the vet d-man....

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 6h
KHL interest excelerated the process for Gonchar who will likely agree to a 2 year deal with the Stars. #TSN



... I realize Dreger is not THE most trusted guy, but I'll take his word any day over Ek-freaking-lund.
dreger is an idjit, Murray stated that the reason he moved Gonchar is that he wants a 2 year deal.......guy is 39 does dreger think that the Stars are so desperate that they'll give a guy that will be 40 next year a 2 year deal........sheesh

therealkoho is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 07:53 AM
  #7
GRECOHAB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: Greece
Posts: 177
vCash: 500
Gonchar to the Flyers can be done, only with Pronger (LTIR) and Briere (buyout) out of the pay roll. And even so i would be suprised to see PHI investing at a 39 years old defensemen. In another post i suggested, as a MTL fan, a trade of Diaz to PHI for the 41st overall + Meszaros. I think this is a trade that suits PHI better...Cheaper player that brings pretty much everything Gonchar does, plus younger. I also think MTL does this because they try to get bigger for 1 year of Meszaros, plus the high 2nd rounder...

GRECOHAB is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 08:01 AM
  #8
Dirty Kari
Registered User
 
Dirty Kari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Arlington, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 1,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
dreger is an idjit, Murray stated that the reason he moved Gonchar is that he wants a 2 year deal.......guy is 39 does dreger think that the Stars are so desperate that they'll give a guy that will be 40 next year a 2 year deal........sheesh
Ask Ray Whitney

Dirty Kari is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 08:06 AM
  #9
Flyerfan47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Ek has it in his brain that Dallas will not be able to sign Gonchar and could trade his rights to Philly.

Of ALL places he could choose he picks Philly the team with -2.5 million in cap space. I sopose they could free up the money by buying out Briere but then how would they sign Read? this rumor lacks logic
I think Eklund was a weatherman in a previous life...He's right about as often as they are! Why would the Flyers want Gonchar? Cap issue, for the 100th time, IS NOT an issue. I'm not willing to give him anywhere close to what he got last year, which was 5.5 I believe. The Flyers will get a young defenseman, by trade or offer sheet and I'd like to see them go after a Deryk Engelland as a 6th or 7th

Flyerfan47 is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 08:10 AM
  #10
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 71,152
vCash: 500
Eklund is aware that his rights were traded to Dallas and he's close to signing a 2 year deal?

Shrimper is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 08:31 AM
  #11
exporta
Registered User
 
exporta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
dreger is an idjit, Murray stated that the reason he moved Gonchar is that he wants a 2 year deal.......guy is 39 does dreger think that the Stars are so desperate that they'll give a guy that will be 40 next year a 2 year deal........sheesh
I could be wrong, but I think its been well documented that Nil is willing to give him two years.

exporta is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 08:48 AM
  #12
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Eklund is aware that his rights were traded to Dallas and he's close to signing a 2 year deal?
Apperently EK is not aware no.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now  
Old
06-08-2013, 09:03 AM
  #13
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Please, don't comment on a situation you have no idea what you are talking about.

Pronger on LTIR frees up 4.921m
Briere bought out clears 6.5m

If Gonchar is under pronger's cap, he could be used as the replacement player.

We have no real big names or young players to sign this year.

RFA :
Erik Gustafsson

UFA :
Simon Gagne (Said he's willing to take less money to stay with the team)
Fedotenko (signed in KHL already I believe)
Shelley (Retiring)
Knuble (Retiring)
Hall (Could be re-signed for 800k or so
Walker (Leaving)
Foster (Leaving)
Huskins (most likely leaving. Could be signed for less than 1m easily.)


Also Meszaros off the books if he's moved is another 4m off the books.

Signing Gonchar is easily doable.
I love that you tell other posters what they can comment about. Awesome.

Also, the Flyers are over the cap, even with a lot of those retirees/ non-returnees already off the books- Fed, Shelley, Knuble, Hall, Walker and Foster... they aren't counting against the amount the Flyers are already over the cap.

To top it off:

Gagne may take less than open market, but he's still taking something.

Gustafsson may not break the bank but he's still costing something.

I also like that you just magically waive Mez off the books without taking any salary back. Genius. I wonder if every team gets to do that in a salary crunch summer where the number of teams dumping $ outweighs the # of teams willing to take on salary.

Plus, you totally neglect that Gonchar wants to sign for 2 years, and next year the Flyers have Giroux, Schenn, Read and others up, thus they may be facing another cap situation.

But I guess I'm not allowed to mention any of these things.

Dr Quincy is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 09:20 AM
  #14
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder
 
NitHeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Reading, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
I love that you tell other posters what they can comment about. Awesome.

Also, the Flyers are over the cap, even with a lot of those retirees/ non-returnees already off the books- Fed, Shelley, Knuble, Hall, Walker and Foster... they aren't counting against the amount the Flyers are already over the cap.

To top it off:

Gagne may take less than open market, but he's still taking something.

Gustafsson may not break the bank but he's still costing something.

I also like that you just magically waive Mez off the books without taking any salary back. Genius. I wonder if every team gets to do that in a salary crunch summer where the number of teams dumping $ outweighs the # of teams willing to take on salary.

Plus, you totally neglect that Gonchar wants to sign for 2 years, and next year the Flyers have Giroux, Schenn, Read and others up, thus they may be facing another cap situation.

But I guess I'm not allowed to mention any of these things.


When Briere is amnestied and Pronger is LTIRd, the Flyers will have 13 forwards, 7, D-men, 2 goalies and $8M in cap space (including Meszaros). Gagne will walk and Gustafsson will be signed for ~$1M. The cap isn't an issue.

NitHeel is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 09:32 AM
  #15
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,909
vCash: 500
The logical question that needs to be asked is what asset does this free up in the Dallas organization that could be moved? How/why Eklund reached his conclusion that Gonchar is simply going to be flipped to Philli is actually quite baffling.

hbk is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 09:38 AM
  #16
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK
 
therealkoho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: the Prior
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by exporta View Post
I could be wrong, but I think its been well documented that Nil is willing to give him two years.

Murray stated that the trade was made because "he didn't want to sign him for 2 years"
so it only makes sense that Dallas is willing

I'm sensing that as usual Dreger is stating the obvious and making it sound like he's got some kind of inside scoop

Dreger may also report that there is a growing feeling around the league that Boston could theoretically win the SC

I just can't stand that egotistical runt

therealkoho is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 09:39 AM
  #17
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK
 
therealkoho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: the Prior
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
The logical question that needs to be asked is what asset does this free up in the Dallas organization that could be moved? How/why Eklund reached his conclusion that Gonchar is simply going to be flipped to Philli is actually quite baffling.
uhm he had a cup of coffee with Homer

therealkoho is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 10:06 AM
  #18
Tripod
Registered User
 
Tripod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
The logical question that needs to be asked is what asset does this free up in the Dallas organization that could be moved? How/why Eklund reached his conclusion that Gonchar is simply going to be flipped to Philli is actually quite baffling.
Philly is trading Couturier + their 2nd rounder for Goligoski + Dallas 1st rounder

Tripod is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 10:15 AM
  #19
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15
 
EuroFlair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: west coast
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,397
vCash: 485
Yes please, Gonchar is exactly the guy Flyers need!

EuroFlair is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 10:25 AM
  #20
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,534
vCash: 50
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m

Gonchar and the Stars have reached agreement on a 2 yr deal, believed to be $5 mil per, $10 mil total. Pending signed paperwork. #TSN


Another strike for Eklund. Whiffed this one pretty good.

Seachd is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 10:28 AM
  #21
Wingsfan2965*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m

Gonchar and the Stars have reached agreement on a 2 yr deal, believed to be $5 mil per, $10 mil total. Pending signed paperwork. #TSN


Another strike for Eklund. Whiffed this one pretty good.
Dallas whiffed pretty good as well. Massive overpayment.

Wingsfan2965* is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 10:30 AM
  #22
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin
 
oconnor9sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Austin/Fort Worth
Country: United States
Posts: 3,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Dallas whiffed pretty good as well. Massive overpayment.
Not if you actually understand Dallas' situation...

oconnor9sean is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 10:31 AM
  #23
archangel archangel
Registered User
 
archangel archangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,221
vCash: 1100
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m
Gonchar and the Stars have reached agreement on a 2 yr deal, believed to be $5 mil per, $10 mil total. Pending signed paperwork. #TSN

Love it when Eklund gets it so wrong so quickly

archangel archangel is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 10:33 AM
  #24
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,356
vCash: 500
Eklund is actually pretty accurate with the Flyers .... usually

$5m per? No thanks.

1865 is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 10:35 AM
  #25
Caje
Registered User
 
Caje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,103
vCash: 500
Eklund wrong again, stop the presses. How much longer before he gets banned from this forum?

Caje is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.