HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2013 Off-Season Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-21-2013, 09:37 PM
  #801
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGuy9 View Post
Windsor might as well pick him up now then while he is cheap. Low risk, possible high reward. With Windsor's goaltending now, what do they have to lose?
No way do I take a chance on a goalie with 2 bad hips and knees
Dekort the 1st half last yr was 3.12 and Pavelka was 3.20 but the team did not score
At the deadline added offence in Koko,Aleardi and Giftopoulous,but the defence suffered
critical injuries their 2 best guys in KoekKoek and Seiloff out for the season and both
goalies suffered
Could they have played better yes at times but the the blame does not rest with the goalies.injuries killed the team the last 28 games or so

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 10:27 PM
  #802
punch1943
Registered User
 
punch1943's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Herbst is not an Import.
I do suspect hell be hard to move thou until his knee proves AOK. Might see Patterson moved thou

Gotta pay to play but Ud hate to give up Elie or Platz. I'd almost rather give up a more seasoned roster guy. But Spits may not be interested in a 19 yr old.
My mistake confused Herbst with Dansk from Erie....

punch1943 is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 11:30 PM
  #803
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,128
vCash: 500
Legend I know what you're getting at and it's still early but we are dealing with the current situation. No reason why a guy like Leslie, DeMontis or others should be intimidated by the current roster including guys like Bilcke, Verbeek, Studnicka, Johnson(situation up in the air), Marchese etc but nobody seems to be making that jump yet. They have had issues scoring goals the last couple years, seemed a bit better when Khokhlachev and Aleardi arrived but they are gone now. I would prefer if there was a lot of activity in regard to player movement up front.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 12:41 AM
  #804
jughead42
Registered User
 
jughead42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
I'm not sure why next season should be about selling off, it's obviously not going down that way. Rychel sounded in the paper like he believes in this group, enough so that he felt they were capable of being hosts in 2013. Do you really think a guy who says that is going to back down now just because London got the hosting gig? No chance, he's going to want to win that thing on London Ice next year. He's going to make the moves required to have us in the mix, make no mistake about it. It may work, it may not, but I really don't think our direction for next season is anything but straight ahead. Obviously if we tank and nothing he does is able to save things by the deadline we'd be looking to sell, but there's way too much that has to happen before anybody considers that. There's a thread in the prospects board that mentions Butcher and Allen possibly going CHL, I was hoping to get insight into that situation but I'm not surprised I didn't find it here among our 33 pages of must read Spitfire discussion of the offseason. Derp. It's too much fun to cry about how much we suck I guess, but they have pills for that now you know.

jughead42 is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 01:02 AM
  #805
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
I'm not sure why next season should be about selling off, it's obviously not going down that way. Rychel sounded in the paper like he believes in this group, enough so that he felt they were capable of being hosts in 2013. Do you really think a guy who says that is going to back down now just because London got the hosting gig? No chance, he's going to want to win that thing on London Ice next year. He's going to make the moves required to have us in the mix, make no mistake about it. It may work, it may not, but I really don't think our direction for next season is anything but straight ahead. Obviously if we tank and nothing he does is able to save things by the deadline we'd be looking to sell, but there's way too much that has to happen before anybody considers that. There's a thread in the prospects board that mentions Butcher and Allen possibly going CHL, I was hoping to get insight into that situation but I'm not surprised I didn't find it here among our 33 pages of must read Spitfire discussion of the offseason. Derp. It's too much fun to cry about how much we suck I guess, but they have pills for that now you know.
Juggy I still miss your contributions at times you would have some good stuff about London I am sure. I did see that one post you made that was unfortunately deleted.

As for Butcher and Allen. The talk is Allen is a tad more realistic. Butcher has gone up in the rankings quite a lot, Denver has a new coach in Jim Montgomery played with Kariya at Maine and briefly in the NHL. Denver retained the same assistants so he's still quite familiar with the coaching staff.

I have no problem if Rychel believes in the group I believe that faith is a tad misplaced and you could make the case the Spits lost their 2 best players from last year or certainly 2 of their top 3. In this business you're either selling wins or selling hope and right now it's the latter.

I saw the post you're referring to about Butcher and Allen but there wasn't much in that thread for the most part.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 01:27 AM
  #806
Pukhogg
Registered User
 
Pukhogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Looking at the list for 2014-/15 if u added the following not as bad as it appears

Evan Allen
Robbie Demontis
Jarred Leslie
Cameron Hughes

As well I would project all 3 O/A s would be forwards,reason being if nobody is
moved from the defence it would return the following
Brown
Bateman
Sanvido
Murphy
Murray
Burns
Markovic
Morrisson-maybe
Butcher- maybe which could happen this year

And as of now

Dekort
Johnston
would be the goalies

Conversely if one projects London for 2014/2015 excluding O/A they have

Elie
Platzer
Pawley
Jammes
Macdonald
Marner

projecting upfront as I fully expect Horvat,Domi and Zadorov to make the NHL
at 19,in fact would not surprise me if Horvat cracks the NHL at 18 which would be
devastating to the Knights and their Mem Cup run

As we all know projecting roster 2 years in advance is difficult at the best of times
Sorry, I don't see Johnston coming right into the OHL with no experience playing jr.hockey over a
More experienced Kuchmey whose an Allstar at the jr.B level. It will all depend who shows up ready at the main camp.

Pukhogg is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 01:41 AM
  #807
jughead42
Registered User
 
jughead42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Juggy I still miss your contributions at times you would have some good stuff about London I am sure. I did see that one post you made that was unfortunately deleted.

As for Butcher and Allen. The talk is Allen is a tad more realistic. Butcher has gone up in the rankings quite a lot, Denver has a new coach in Jim Montgomery played with Kariya at Maine and briefly in the NHL. Denver retained the same assistants so he's still quite familiar with the coaching staff.

I have no problem if Rychel believes in the group I believe that faith is a tad misplaced and you could make the case the Spits lost their 2 best players from last year or certainly 2 of their top 3. In this business you're either selling wins or selling hope and right now it's the latter.

I saw the post you're referring to about Butcher and Allen but there wasn't much in that thread for the most part.
Hahaha, London. Yeah, great game tonight by the big bad Knights. Crummy coaching and crummy goaltending is always tough to overcome. I'll post more as the offseason develops I'm sure, no doubt the losing and negativity got to me for a bit at the end of the season.

In regards to Butcher, if his stock is rising you gotta figure he belongs in the CHL so he can turn pro sooner rather than later. I'd see that as a positive to his chances of signing. If he and Allen do show up it would do wonders for this organization. Right now we've been absorbing shot after shot, nothing but problems and bad news in rapid fire succession. We need to get on a roll again and turn this crap around, and getting the American pipeline functioning at full capacity is a huge part of that. That thread in the prospect board didn't shine any light or provide links about their de-committal, but the fact they were both mentioned makes me curious.

In this case a bit of pessimism regarding this teams ability to contend next year is understandable, everything went wrong last year. Having said that I personally prefer to exist in a world where I believe it's possible for my beloved team to win again. The import draft is not going to be wasted again, the americans won't chose college again, our young players won't continue to play like young players, we aren't going to be continually injured or busy porking underaged girls in the crapper, and some of the guys who've let us down in the past are going to show up next year ready to make up for it. I hope. What else is there?

jughead42 is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 03:38 AM
  #808
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind the lens
Posts: 3,768
vCash: 500
Exactly. We essentially hit bottom last year with everything that happened. The team isn't as bad as people want to believe, so if we stay healthy and don't screw ourselves, there's no reason this team can't make noise.

OHLTG is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 06:26 AM
  #809
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukhogg View Post
Sorry, I don't see Johnston coming right into the OHL with no experience playing jr.hockey over a
More experienced Kuchmey whose an Allstar at the jr.B level. It will all depend who shows up ready at the main camp.
Johnston making the team was for next yr not this coming season as the other
goalie along with Dekort,Kuchmey by then would be 20 years old
the projection is 2014/2015 not 13/14

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 08:05 AM
  #810
Nyax
Registered User
 
Nyax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 522
vCash: 500
If they do "go for it" next year, they will likely really suck in 14/15, and that will mean another top 4 pick down the toilet. That would be maddening.

Whatever direction they decide, they need to be all in. If not, this team will be lousy for a long time.

Nyax is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 08:09 AM
  #811
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja
 
Knights77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Section 314
Country: Canada
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGuy9 View Post
I would like to see that happen, too. Maybe some sort of blockbuster. The Knights have some of what Windsor wants, and vice-versa.

Players I can see Windsor interested in:
Herbst
Jammes
Elie
Platzer
Liberati (If they move some D)

Players I can see London interested in:
Sieloff
Koekkoek
Rychel
Vail
Ebert

Possible London O/A's:
Harrington
Sefton
Leroux
Broadhurst
Griffith

I don't see too many being returnee's. If 2 of the 5 return, I can see them being interested in Giftopolous.

As a London fan, if this deal was proposed would you accept?

To London:
Rychel
Koekkoek

To Windsor:
Herbst
Jammes
Elie
Platzer
Liberati
Couple of high end picks

ALSO, Shocked to see the Blades beat the Mooseheads. Now all teams are tied with a 1-1 record.
Tough to give up Platzer and Elie as I really like their game, but yes I would do this deal. Too much talent coming to the Knights to pass up.

Knights77 is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 08:17 AM
  #812
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja
 
Knights77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Section 314
Country: Canada
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Hahaha, London. Yeah, great game tonight by the big bad Knights. Crummy coaching and crummy goaltending is always tough to overcome. I'll post more as the offseason develops I'm sure, no doubt the losing and negativity got to me for a bit at the end of the season.

In regards to Butcher, if his stock is rising you gotta figure he belongs in the CHL so he can turn pro sooner rather than later. I'd see that as a positive to his chances of signing. If he and Allen do show up it would do wonders for this organization. Right now we've been absorbing shot after shot, nothing but problems and bad news in rapid fire succession. We need to get on a roll again and turn this crap around, and getting the American pipeline functioning at full capacity is a huge part of that. That thread in the prospect board didn't shine any light or provide links about their de-committal, but the fact they were both mentioned makes me curious.

In this case a bit of pessimism regarding this teams ability to contend next year is understandable, everything went wrong last year. Having said that I personally prefer to exist in a world where I believe it's possible for my beloved team to win again. The import draft is not going to be wasted again, the americans won't chose college again, our young players won't continue to play like young players, we aren't going to be continually injured or busy porking underaged girls in the crapper, and some of the guys who've let us down in the past are going to show up next year ready to make up for it. I hope. What else is there?
I really do enjoy reading about hockey and thats why I frequent the Windsor board so much, passionate fans. Jughead this is one of the best posts I have seen of yours. Its funny that it is quite a contrast to Rayzors posts but thats ok.
I very much agree that the leadership cant sell everything off and start again, especially after the moves they made at deadline. Injuries played a big role. I really think this team will be very competitive and add in some American talent, an import and let em gel and you have yourself a squad that will make moves to add bodies at the deadline. Some might be confused, London was awarded to host the memorial cup next year, not awarded the memorial cup next year. Lots of questions surrounding that team and are very beatable (see last night).
It will be fun to see how Windsors squad shape out, cautious optimism the theme I reckon

Knights77 is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 08:23 AM
  #813
KyGuy9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Johnston making the team was for next yr not this coming season as the other
goalie along with Dekort,Kuchmey by then would be 20 years old
the projection is 2014/2015 not 13/14
Johnston can always have a Nedeljkovic rookie season!

KyGuy9 is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 09:21 AM
  #814
izzys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
I just Heard that Studnicka has asked for a trade and will not play for the spits next year

from a good source

izzys is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 09:32 AM
  #815
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
Not surprising.

Maybe we can get a 5th back for him?

Libbs is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 09:35 AM
  #816
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,284
vCash: 500
Not surprised he asked for a trade before the deadline and with the off ice issues with the team,trying to be dicreet,its for the best
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post
I just Heard that Studnicka has asked for a trade and will not play for the spits next year

from a good source

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 11:07 AM
  #817
punch1943
Registered User
 
punch1943's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Not surprised he asked for a trade before the deadline and with the off ice issues with the team,trying to be discreet,its for the best
Everyone has to have their own agenda. I've no problem with that. In the case of Studnicka I'm sure he'd like more playing time. He does add intangibles to the team that aren't offered by others. At this point he's better at the defensive side of the game and useful on the PK. Perhaps he'll get his wish and find himself included in a multi player trade.
Speaking of trades if the Spits are really interested in Brassard perhaps Studnicka might be one of the pieces used in that trade.

If I'm remembering correctly a trade window opens up a few days after the Memorial Cup is finished.....perhaps we might see a couple of moves that have already been arranged completed which will give us a better idea of the direction in which WR is leaning.

punch1943 is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 05:45 PM
  #818
punch1943
Registered User
 
punch1943's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,329
vCash: 500
Spits Sign two 2013 draftee's today

Spits sign draft picks Andrew @AndrewBurns09 Burns and Brendan @bjohnst_35 Johnston according to their web site. I'm guessing you'll see a few more signings announced over the next week. Probably no major news though...

punch1943 is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 05:58 PM
  #819
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind the lens
Posts: 3,768
vCash: 500
I'm not surprised with the Studnicka stuff. He's got potential, but hasn't shown much in terms of offence. Not sure what his game is, really. Leaves room open for some young offence.

OHLTG is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 06:22 PM
  #820
Sec108
Registered User
 
Sec108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: IHate LONDON COUNTRY
Country: Canada
Posts: 739
vCash: 500
Im glad to see waving Baille is finally bitten London in the azz.Nice pounding by Halifax last night.I slept really well last night and am looking forward to another good summer as last year.

good Knight London.......Go Mooseheads!!!!!!!!!!

Sec108 is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 12:49 AM
  #821
jughead42
Registered User
 
jughead42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
@Knights77: I'm pretty sure nobody here needs to be reminded London hasn't won the 2013 cup yet. They've only won one cup in their entire existence (as the best junior franchise in the galaxy that everyone wants to be some day) I'm pretty sure nobody has mistaken them for champions yet, and certainly nobody here. Seriously, screw London and all their banana chucking fans. While I'm at it, also screw Barrie. Bunch of macaroni chuckers.

So Studnicka wants out? Show him the door toot sweet as the french fans say. Everybody talks about intangibles and things he can do as a player, but he can do them somewhere else as far as I'm concerned. I never saw what anybody else ever saw in him, so thanks for keeping the bench warm until somebody better came along. I can't wait for the trading to begin.

jughead42 is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 08:15 AM
  #822
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja
 
Knights77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Section 314
Country: Canada
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
@Knights77: I'm pretty sure nobody here needs to be reminded London hasn't won the 2013 cup yet. They've only won one cup in their entire existence (as the best junior franchise in the galaxy that everyone wants to be some day) I'm pretty sure nobody has mistaken them for champions yet, and certainly nobody here. Seriously, screw London and all their banana chucking fans. While I'm at it, also screw Barrie. Bunch of macaroni chuckers.
You didn't like the banana launch? I'm sure you guys will come up with something better. Hey, we agree on something...screw Barrie! Macaroni...ill have to look that up, not sure what happened there.

Knights77 is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 10:22 AM
  #823
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
You didn't like the banana launch? I'm sure you guys will come up with something better. Hey, we agree on something...screw Barrie! Macaroni...ill have to look that up, not sure what happened there.
In the 2010 Finals... someone in the Barrie organisation thought it would be a great idea to give everyone a box of Mac and Cheese as noisemakers. Then they would collect the boxes (of broken noodles) and donate them to the food bank. Their heart was in the right place... but what a stupid idea. When Hall scored the winner in OT of Game 1, some fans decided chucking boxes of mac and cheese at Hall/on the ice was also a good idea.

Libbs is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 10:44 AM
  #824
ForestGlade
Paja Tipo Sombrero
 
ForestGlade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 113
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
In the 2010 Finals... someone in the Barrie organisation thought it would be a great idea to give everyone a box of Mac and Cheese as noisemakers. Then they would collect the boxes (of broken noodles) and donate them to the food bank. Their heart was in the right place... but what a stupid idea. When Hall scored the winner in OT of Game 1, some fans decided chucking boxes of mac and cheese at Hall/on the ice was also a good idea.
My goodness, has this become old enough of a story that it needs to be retold? Sad times

ForestGlade is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 11:21 AM
  #825
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Everybody talks about intangibles and things he can do as a player, but he can do them somewhere else as far as I'm concerned. I never saw what anybody else ever saw in him, so thanks for keeping the bench warm until somebody better came along. I can't wait for the trading to begin.
I agree with most of this. You can only talk about intangibles so much and if you want the game he doesn't do anything particularly well at a high level. I guess he could kill penalties, he wasn't bad at that but he wasn't the first guy over the boards to kill penalties.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.