Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2013, 11:07 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
In the 2010 Finals... someone in the Barrie organisation thought it would be a great idea to give everyone a box of Mac and Cheese as noisemakers. Then they would collect the boxes (of broken noodles) and donate them to the food bank. Their heart was in the right place... but what a stupid idea. When Hall scored the winner in OT of Game 1, some fans decided chucking boxes of mac and cheese at Hall/on the ice was also a good idea.
Ah, ya that isn't the best marketing idea thats for sure. Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestGlade View Post
My goodness, has this become old enough of a story that it needs to be retold? Sad times
My apologies if in 2010 I had zero interest in following anything to do with the Spitfires vs Colts final. Not everyone follows the Spits you know....

Old
05-23-2013, 12:46 PM
ForestGlade
Paja Tipo Sombrero

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
My apologies if in 2010 I had zero interest in following anything to do with the Spitfires vs Colts final. Not everyone follows the Spits you know....
Which makes your presence in a Spitfires thread all the more puzzling, but I'm a novice on this board so what do I know

Old
05-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestGlade View Post
Which makes your presence in a Spitfires thread all the more puzzling, but I'm a novice on this board so what do I know
I frequent the Windsor board often because as much as they are a rival to the team I cheer for, there happens to be some of the most knowledgeable passionate fans in the O and I enjoy the discussion.
Carry on

Last edited by OHLFan8771: 05-23-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old
05-23-2013, 04:17 PM
KyGuy9

Fun fact:

Max Domi is -9 in 3 games so far in the Memorial Cup, with 4 PIMs and only 1 point, his assist on Horvat's goal.

Old
05-23-2013, 05:41 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGuy9 View Post
Fun fact:

Max Domi is -9 in 3 games so far in the Memorial Cup, with 4 PIMs and only 1 point, his assist on Horvat's goal.
If Maxine is -9 on his next round at the London Hunt and Country Club he'll be smilin'.
Tee times will be available for the boys in the next couple of days....

Old
05-23-2013, 06:41 PM
KyGuy9

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
If Maxine is -9 on his next round at the London Hunt and Country Club he'll be smilin'.
Tee times will be available for the boys in the next couple of days....

Moms Jeans is finally showing some inner mom

I predict Halifax and Portland final. (Not that anyone won't agree)

Old
05-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Sec108

This could be the Spits new goal song by Airbourne from their new disc.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn0w7vciQCE

Old
05-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Snippit

To the people that wonder why Knights fans come here:

You can't deny it, some of you guys like taking shots at the Knights when they're down. Someone's location is IhateLondon. Believe me, I wouldn't have a rivalry any other way, but you can hardly be surprised to see the fans of the rival coming in to defend their team.

For most Knights fans, Rangers are the biggest rival. For me, it's the Spits. I'm looking forward to the year that the Knights and Spitfires are the juggernauts of the West again.

Old
05-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippit View Post
To the people that wonder why Knights fans come here:

You can't deny it, some of you guys like taking shots at the Knights when they're down. Someone's location is IhateLondon. Believe me, I wouldn't have a rivalry any other way, but you can hardly be surprised to see the fans of the rival
coming in to defend their team.

For most Knights fans, Rangers are the biggest rival. For me, it's the Spits. I'm looking forward to the year that the Knights and Spitfires are the juggernauts of the West
again.
Amen Snipper
And we will still beat their a**!

Calm down jugs and 108 just messin with ya.

Old
05-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Sec108

Don't worry 77 all is well in HockeyTown tonight our Wings beat Chicago.

Take that Kane......

Old
05-23-2013, 10:13 PM
coachfluffy

Deadline for sth discount

I believe the deadline was today. We did not renew our two tickets. We do not mind a poor team busting their butt with effort and showing improvment over what we saw last season. I have little problem with the talent level of the players but with the lack of effort and improvment. They have to have the same rules and expectations of system play for all players. You can bring up the injuries but the weaknesses were there all along.

We will still go to quite a few games and take advantage of the deals the team offers, but don't want to feel obligated to go just because we have tickets already.

How about you?

Old
05-23-2013, 10:31 PM
OHLTG

Renewed.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:44 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachfluffy View Post
I believe the deadline was today. We did not renew our two tickets. We do not mind a poor team busting their butt with effort and showing improvment over what we saw last season. I have little problem with the talent level of the players but with the lack of effort and improvment. They have to have the same rules and expectations of system play for all players. You can bring up the injuries but the weaknesses were there all along.

We will still go to quite a few games and take advantage of the deals the team offers, but don't want to feel obligated to go just because we have tickets already.

How about you?
This is all fair, 3rd straight year of no season tickets. I still get a call from them if I want to re-up but I haven't been that interested. The first year there were times I wanted to go to games but I held back and went to one. This year was a lot easier I actually went to more games but didn't pay for any of them. The tough part last year was like you said before the injuries we all saw the type of team they were. Nobody really knows what the team will look like come September and after the past 2 years that's a tough pill to swallow for fans. They have signed a few draft picks but Warren has started the hype machine already saying all of them will be impact guys, Warren just let the kids play and see where the chips fall. I think fans would have liked to see some change with the coaching staff. Seems like the players are the ones that will take the fall and it doesn't all fall on the players.

Old
05-24-2013, 05:08 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachfluffy View Post

How about you?
As Tiger Williams used to say Done Like Dinner. I'll get out to a few games but at this point I don't want to put the $$$$ down to see a mediocre team floundering in the wilderness again. Poor management, coaching and apparent lack of control IMHO have made my decision easy. My pair of seats in Sec 111 will be up for grabs this year. I may be back as a STH in the future but not until I sense some change in direction by the management.

Old
05-24-2013, 11:57 AM
etr102

My wife and I renewed ours, but I know a bunch of other people who didn't but it's through no fault of the Spits.

My father in law passed away, so obviously his tickets won't be renewed. Additionally, two of his friends who are in poor health (and their wives) won't be renewing theirs because they know they won't make it to many (if any) games. Finally one other prominent local business owner (business name withheld for privacy) who sat in the front row of 108 passed away a few months ago. He had several friends/family members that he was always with, so I'm not sure the status on whether or not they will return.

I know it sounds weird, but I personally don't mind watching a losing team as it makes it that much more special when they win. As a lifelong Tigers fan, after so many years of losing, the big turnaround in 2006 was much sweeter than if they had a Yankees-esque track record. Of course I shouldn't have to tell Spits fans this, as we all put up with decades of losing which made 2008-2009 that much more special.

Old
05-24-2013, 12:23 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

^^^
I'm going to be 29, and I loved every minute with my Dad and dating back to the late 80's with my Grandfather at the Barn, and yes, it made the Cup runs that much sweeter. However, in tough economic times, I cannot afford to throw the money at the tickets.

My fiancé works for one of their main sponsors, so I go all the time, but I certainly can't afford to spend the little free money I have on the team, with a wedding coming next year.

I miss it though. The comraderie and the ups and downs we shared with those around us will bring me back someday when I can spare the cash.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:56 PM
punch1943

Knights Looking for Tee Times

Just sort of breaks my heart......

Old
05-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Sec108

thankyou Portland!!!!!

Another good summer on my end.....oohhh yaaaa sweeet

And I renewed after a long talk with the family.They still wanted to go.I got them but they are very precarious for next yr.

and we will miss Mr.W in sec108 row a for sure.R.I.P. sir.

I think the arena will look a bit sparse this season.They have to win back support IMO.

Old
05-24-2013, 11:12 PM
hockeylegend11

I too am happy the Knights did not advance,and only beat the 4th best team in the tourney,they will probably win it next yr after being gifted with hosting,afterall they have
shown an inability to win it on the road twice now,Windsor on the other hand wins 2 straight
Mem cups and are on an 8 game winning streak on the road in the tourney
London now 2-4 in their last 6 games at the Mem Cup,outscoring Saskatoon 9-3 in 2 of those games and being outscored 19-7 in the other 4 games
Their inability to score 5 on 5 in their last 2 tournament deciding games only 1 goal and that was last yr is the main reason for coming up short
Cant fault their goaltenders
IMO they had the hockey gods on their side vs Barrie not because they won,but a team with 2 of their top 3 forwards out,and 2 others Hall and Theoret playing at 50 per cent
in other words 4 of Barries top 5 against a healthy squad insert London,and a crossbar
with 2 minutes left,the hockey gods may have evened things up in Sask,though I thought the game vs Portland was fairly close territory wise and Portland had a top 6 player missing to boot
OHL championships are great but Mem Cups are greater if there were not there would no tears shed when losing then

Old
05-24-2013, 11:39 PM
RayzorIsDull

Have to agree Legend, the clock was going to strike midnight at some point and it did tonight. Their goaltending didn't let them down this game unlike in the OHL finals and up to this game. The only team they beat was Saskatoon the same team their fans bad mouthed up until the tourney started. Yes teams will probably bend over for Hunter come deadline time just as Sarnia and Guelph did in 05. Better fix up that D I wouldn't be that confident with Maatta and Zadorov as your top 2 next year, big drop off from those 2. Pressure will be on next year to actually win the Memorial Cup.

Legend do you recall fans saying Windsor couldn't get the Memorial Cup because the sanctions etc.. I have watched the Memorial Cup and not one peep about those sanctions with Portland. Proof positive the broadcasting network can set the headlines they want and carry whatever meme's they want. The best meme was London being tired and out of gas after the past two years, of course there isn't a team that recently won 2 straight Memorial Cups. Cosentino and Broadhead should have been wearing Domi and Horvat jerseys all tourney. Sportsnet should be ashamed of their broadcast crew.

Old
05-25-2013, 02:01 AM
big papa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Have to agree Legend, the clock was going to strike midnight at some point and it did tonight. Their goaltending didn't let them down this game unlike in the OHL finals and up to this game. The only team they beat was Saskatoon the same team their fans bad mouthed up until the tourney started. Yes teams will probably bend over for Hunter come deadline time just as Sarnia and Guelph did in 05. Better fix up that D I wouldn't be that confident with Maatta and Zadorov as your top 2 next year, big drop off from those 2. Pressure will be on next year to actually win the Memorial Cup.

Legend do you recall fans saying Windsor couldn't get the Memorial Cup because the sanctions etc.. I have watched the Memorial Cup and not one peep about those sanctions with Portland. Proof positive the broadcasting network can set the headlines they want and carry whatever meme's they want. The best meme was London being tired and out of gas after the past two years, of course there isn't a team that recently won 2 straight Memorial Cups. Cosentino and Broadhead should have been wearing Domi and Horvat jerseys all tourney. Sportsnet should be ashamed of their broadcast crew.
Well they do have a deal with the CHL who knows Branch could tell them to hype up London even more, Majority of the OHL game on Sportsnet had London in them.

Old
05-25-2013, 07:24 AM
nelli27
Danny Gallivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec108 View Post
thankyou Portland!!!!!

Another good summer on my end.....oohhh yaaaa sweeet

And I renewed after a long talk with the family.They still wanted to go.I got them but they are very precarious for next yr.

and we will miss Mr.W in sec108 row a for sure.R.I.P. sir.

I think the arena will look a bit sparse this season.They have to win back support IMO.
Good summer? What are you talking about? You live in Windsor, Ontario. You have to live with that shame every day of your life.

Old
05-25-2013, 08:01 AM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelli27 View Post
Good summer? What are you talking about? You live in Windsor, Ontario. You have to live with that shame every day of your life.
Not sure if you've noticed, but for all the heads up ***** in london, they're not doing much better than Windsor, as far as cities go... And I don't even like it here, really... Lol

Old
05-25-2013, 08:22 AM
Percyma

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelli27 View Post
Could you please expand upon your reasoning that it's shameful to live in Windsor?

Old
05-25-2013, 08:35 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post

Rayzor

I would agree with all u said in your last paragraph especially as it relates to the sanctions and Sportsnets shameless bromance with Domi and Horvat
I was pulling for Portland last nite,as well as for Sunday vs Halifax,love to see them stick to the WHL for those ridiculous sanctions,Windsor in the same boat shameful
sanctions imposed by the CHL

Closed Thread