HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Rangers - Fleuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2013, 10:24 PM
66-29-33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post

Hypocrite.
Funny....EXACTLY a year ago. 4/5/2012, now it's 4/5/2013.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Marns
@thestretchpass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post

Hypocrite.
Here I was thinking it was tonight's post-game Q&A. I was juuust about to say how much of a broken record he is.

I'm sure that will still hold true, though.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogthateats View Post
If Neal is out any time do you think that they will call up Beau or do you think that Morrow or another internal option will move to that line?
they better.

Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Jokinen-Dupuis
Bennett-Sutter-Cooke
Glass-Adams-Kennedy
Vitale, Jeffrey

something like that?

Old
04-05-2013, 10:25 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

+++ Fleury
+ Murray
+ Jokinen
+ Kennedy (yes, Kennedy, probably his best game all year)
+ Morrow
+ beating those cowardly, wannabe tough guy Rags

- Orpik
- Malkin's line

-- Nash (nice ducking Cooke from the bench, *****)
-- Boyle (just scream swear words at the ref when you board someone like a coward, that will make you look tough)
-- Del Zotto (not even for the elbow play really, but i'll still put him there because he was involved, and i'll assume he did it on purpose just so i have an extra reason to hate him and his *****-ass team)

Old
04-05-2013, 10:26 PM
Marns
@thestretchpass

Quote:
If Neal is out any time do you think that they will call up Beau or do you think that Morrow or another internal option will move to that line?
Has to be BB. He is the internal (organizationally, speaking) option.

Old
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Dunno man, but Iggy looked ****ing terrible.

Old
dogthateats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post
they better.

Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Jokinen-Dupuis
Bennett-Sutter-Cooke
Glass-Adams-Kennedy
Vitale, Jeffrey

something like that?
I think I prefer Morrow on the 3rd line and BB with Malkin.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Funny....EXACTLY a year ago. 4/5/2012, now it's 4/5/2013.
Haha, my bad, I thought based on the date it was tonight. I didn't even see the 2012. Same ****, different day. It did occur to me that I didn't see a knee-on-knee but I've had quite a bit to drink, sooooo

Old
04-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
I think I prefer Morrow on the 3rd line and BB with Malkin.
also i meant Iggy replacing Neal. i have to parrot Ogre's point that Morrow seems too slow for the third line. then again in this scenario we are fielding two third lines.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:28 PM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

Malkin sucked a bag of ***** this game, and the last two games. He better figure his **** out and if he's injured then sit out until you're 100%. Jesus!

Old
04-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Oh, I thought Morrow looked good. I didn't notice him later in the game but he was all business in the 1st.

Old
Waffle Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrozJawz View Post
For the rest of the regular season, and possibly into the POs, teams are just going to trap up the neutral zone. The Rags proved yet again that the Pens CANNOT beat the trap and routinely turn the puck over in the NZ, feeding their rush.

Disco better find a way to beat the trap or if they face the Rags or the Devils in the 1st round, there could be big trouble.

I have a feeling that Sid won't be back before the POs.

I don't think we see Paul Martin for 6 weeks.

I don't think we see Letang for 3 more games.

I think Neal is concussed and we may very well not see him for the rest of the season.

Hate to be a Debbie Downer but the bottom line is the Pens are dealing with injuries at a really bad time of the year. I know everyone will say "better now than in the POs" but I think that having all these players come back right near the start of the POs or actually during the 1st round will throw a major wrench into team chemistry. These guys will be out of game shape, rusty, getting to know new players and their tendencies, dealing with stamina issues, etc. If they catch a team that is coming into their own right at the start of the POs, such as the Rags or, God forbid, the Flyers, it could spell big trouble for them.

For me, I think that I would feel worse than I did last year when they were bounced. To think that Sid could have won the Ross and the Hart and the Pearson, that Letang could have won a Norris, that the Pens could have won the President's trophy and especially the Cup...
This may be the most negative post I've read... and for these boards that's really saying something.

I'm not quite getting what you're basing any of your injury 'hunches' off of. It seems like you're just trying to be as pessimistic as possible.

How dare anyone try to be positive and happy about a win!

Old
MtlPenFan

Glad to see a little of the old Cooke back. We're gonna need that guy.

And Tanner Glass needs to be released into the atmosphere.

Old
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Haha, my bad, I thought based on the date it was tonight. I didn't even see the 2012. Same ****, different day. It did occur to me that I didn't see a knee-on-knee but I've had quite a bit to drink, sooooo
I was too busy yelling at my TV, getting neighbours banging on the door because my profanity. I literally said every swearword in the book, and could not stop swearing every 2 seconds, and i rarely ****in swear.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
also i meant Iggy replacing Neal. i have to parrot Ogre's point that Morrow seems too slow for the third line. then again in this scenario we are fielding two third lines.
on a plus note, Kunitz - Jokinen - Dupuis is a pretty damn good 3rd line.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Cardboard Orpik
Out 4-6 Weeks

So glad Fleury is fine after that Gionta incident. If our defense gets its **** together and he keeps playing like this, we're going to be hard to beat.

Also a big - to our offense. Three goals in the last three games is not good. Malkin has been off all season and he's at a low point right now. He really needs to figure it out.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

I kinda doubt Neal will be missing any games. We aren't playing again until Tuesday, and while he was clearly hazy for a bit there, it didn't look that bad.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:32 PM
dogthateats

I had to miss the game where Morrow played with Malkin actually because I was traveling. So I don't really know how they looked together. It doesn't matter really Dan will shuffle the lines regardless.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Lord Karnage
I Palindrome I

+ 29. If Fleury plays near this level in the playoffs, we may be in for a decent run with Crosby, Martin and Letang returning. Very encouraging.

- non call on MDZ caused the rest of the game's nonsense.

- the main boards have basically become unreadable about any topic regarding the Pens. Seriously, many of the Flyers, Islanders, Rangers, Bruins, Senators Karlsson defenders and still-bitter Dead Things fans can go play a collective game of hide-and-go F themselves for all I care. Worst it has been since I started reading these boards long ago.

+ all of that hatred for the Pens is hopefully galvanizing for the fans and players alike. No more main boards for me

Old
04-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
they better.

Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Jokinen-Dupuis
Bennett-Sutter-Cooke
Glass-Adams-Kennedy
Vitale, Jeffrey

something like that?
Are we scratching Iggy?

Old
04-05-2013, 10:34 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

I'm also very worried about all these injuries this close to the playoffs. I don't think Sid or Letang will miss any playoff time but Martin & Neal right now could be a real possibility.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:35 PM
LetangInTheSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
I kinda doubt Neal will be missing any games. We aren't playing again until Tuesday, and while he was clearly hazy for a bit there, it didn't look that bad.
It's very difficult to tell ANYTHING about the severity of a head injury by looking at the film real. Neal could feel fine tomorrow or he could be out for 1 yr+ like Sid (or worse...see Savard, Marc): . You just never know.

I'll tell you what I'm not looking forward to: learning nothing whatsoever about the injury for the next several days while the team's only comment is that it's a "day-to-day upper body injury." These day-to-day injuries can mean two days or two years if you're the Penguins...

Old
04-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Get To Our Game
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by i gregory View Post
- non call on MDZ caused the rest of the game's nonsense.

- the main boards have basically become unreadable about any topic regarding the Pens. Seriously, many of the Flyers, Islanders, Rangers, Bruins, Senators Karlsson defenders and still-bitter Dead Things fans can go play a collective game of hide-and-go F themselves for all I care. Worst it has been since I started reading these boards long ago.

+ all of that hatred for the Pens is hopefully galvanizing for the fans and players alike. No more main boards for me
Yeah, there's definitely some idiocy on there. Some Pens fans then go in making stupid posts, and threads just turn to **** really quickly. At the end of the day, none of it matters or affects anything, so I just let it all roll off and don't deal with it. I still read a lot of it unfortunately, but I never try to get involved in that garbage, and at the end of the day, I never let it affect my mood or anything dumb like that. It's almost comical at times though.

Old
roready
Brink, Truth, Life

Quote:
If Jokinen can "fill-in" for Sid, then Beau can "fill-in" for Neal, and maybe since he was playing on the Left side with Malkin, then the Bennett-Malkin-Ignla line could be really, really good. I think DB will keep Kunitz-Jokinen-Dupuis together until Sid gets back (depending on how they continue to play).

Old
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogelthorpe View Post
Are we scratching Iggy?
sure, if it makes you happy. i already mentioned up-thread that i meant Iggy when i typed Neal. good thing you caught the mistake.

Closed Thread