Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

*OFFICIAL* Saginaw Spirit 2013-14 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Overeasy

vCash: 500
They are caught in a tough situation. I said before the younger kids could hold their own. Just like last year when they were given a chance they out worked the other teams. This year the vets are getting out worked. Unfortunately players are worried about their own stats and the younger guys are worrying about playing time.
Throw in the towel and get some 96 born players that will be the base if a strong team to win in two years.

Another game tonight. Can't win with 2 lines ??
Patty looked average. Also looked like they ran out if gas. Had 6 forwards watching the two lines. Best game for the defense tonight. Not a lot of turnovers.

Last edited by Overeasy: 12-07-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old
12-09-2013, 08:40 AM
clearwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overeasy View Post
They are caught in a tough situation. I said before the younger kids could hold their own. Just like last year when they were given a chance they out worked the other teams. This year the vets are getting out worked. Unfortunately players are worried about their own stats and the younger guys are worrying about playing time.
Throw in the towel and get some 96 born players that will be the base if a strong team to win in two years.

Another game tonight. Can't win with 2 lines ??
Patty looked average. Also looked like they ran out if gas. Had 6 forwards watching the two lines. Best game for the defense tonight. Not a lot of turnovers.

There is no problem giving a kid tough love, making him a healthy scratch and giving him limited shifts to get the message through. The team morale is very low right now, you can see it in their body language and the way they are talking amongst themselves. The players are seeing how the same kids are constantly being demoted and other players who are being selfish, constantly making mistakes, being defensive liabilities and not being physical out there are not being punished at all. They are noticing that players are not being treated the same and are talking amongst themselves that they want out of here and are asking to be traded. This explains there lack of chemistry and there play the last few weeks.

Old
12-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Overeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwater View Post
There is no problem giving a kid tough love, making him a healthy scratch and giving him limited shifts to get the message through. The team morale is very low right now, you can see it in their body language and the way they are talking amongst themselves. The players are seeing how the same kids are constantly being demoted and other players who are being selfish, constantly making mistakes, being defensive liabilities and not being physical out there are not being punished at all. They are noticing that players are not being treated the same and are talking amongst themselves that they want out of here and are asking to be traded. This explains there lack of chemistry and there play the last few weeks.
It's amazing how quick chemistry can dissolve when team is on losing skid. Morale is always good when a team wins. This team obviously favours kontos kea lodge trafford cairns at the moment. It doesn't matter how unsuccessful, selfish they are they keep getting the opportunity.

Old
12-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Sonny Crockett

Quote:
Bingo! This has been going on for a couple of seasons or should I say since Greg Gilbert came into the picture and Jim Paliafito took over as full time GM. This team is composed of two groups, the upper class and the lower class. Members of each group are treated as you have described. In addition what has been seen but most are not aware of is the fact that if you are a member of the lower class group and you ask for a trade the Spirit Gods will make sure that they punish you and effect any chance of you playing for another team in the OHL.

Old
12-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Hfbid

Quote:
That explains a lot!

Do you think coaches and management are aware?

I was wondering if some of the moves this year would be accepted. Found from 95 and younger kids and parents are a different breed negative renforcement is not way to go, especially if unfairly managed.

To manage this I know of one organization that has an old guy totally independent but well respected in hockey circles manage this for the ownership group. That school was able to bring in kids and have them move through system fairly and successfully. Perhaps this may be a solution.

Given the great charity work being done would be a shame if they are being unfair to there NHL prospects and parents that have committed to the spirit.

Old
12-09-2013, 03:20 PM
clearwater

Quote:
It's amazing how quick chemistry can dissolve when team is on losing skid. Morale is always good when a team wins. This team obviously favours kontos kea lodge trafford cairns at the moment. It doesn't matter how unsuccessful, selfish they are they keep getting the opportunity.
The interesting thing with this team, the morale was still bad when they were winning. The players are well aware how everyone is being treated. It not a coincidence more players agents have been at the games last couple of weeks to witness what's going on.

Old
12-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Hfbid

Ok Kingpin!

Do you now understand, that what your seeing is sometimes not what it is.

Have raised the blogging bar for you over last few weeks. So it's not just picking lines based on who your seeing on ice the most. Do you get it now!

Look at it this way. What if on your next paper or exam one of you gets a B and the other gets an E for the same paper/exam. Do you get it! Why you have to be careful when you speak negatively about what a kid does or doesn't do on ice. You have to respect what some have to go through.

Last edited by Hfbid: 12-09-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old
12-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Hfbid

Does this team get to the second round ?

Old
12-09-2013, 07:20 PM
EON 93
very ok poster

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfbid View Post
The way its lining up in the west right now, I'd say it's unlikely. But a lot can change, we are only halfway through the season.

Old
12-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
They have the talent. They just need to put the work in.

Old
12-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Sonny Crockett

Quote:
Although they may have the talent I just don't see them making it to the second round. I found an interesting article while browsing the internet and I thought that I would share it here on the boards for the parents and future prospects thinking of playing in Saginaw.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in..._among_to.html

Last edited by Sonny Crockett: 12-12-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old
12-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Hfbid

Thought yesterday's win was selfish or was it my imagination.

Why couldn't we play more evenly with a 2 goal cushion most of game. Why 2 lines getting so much ice?

Thought it was nice for Plymouth to play their 96s against our 1st line even with them getting scored on a few times in front of all the scouts yesterday. I think it was a good gesture seeing its their draft year.

Seems like a rather selfish game to me for Saginaw..

But I'm just an outsider looking in.

Old
12-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Crockett View Post
Although they may have the talent I just don't see them making it to the second round. I found an interesting article while browsing the internet and I thought that I would share it here on the boards for the parents and future prospects thinking of playing in Saginaw.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in..._among_to.html
You're such a troll.

What's your point? It's been this way the entire time that Saginaw has had a team and nothing has happened to the players. Also why don't you post that article in Plymouth's or Windsor's board since they're so close to Detroit? So again, what is your point other than being a troll?

Last edited by Kingpin794: 12-12-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old
12-12-2013, 05:17 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

6-2 and the trolls still come out.

Old
12-12-2013, 05:48 PM
clearwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undereasy View Post
Thought yesterday's win was selfish or was it my imagination.

Why couldn't we play more evenly with a 2 goal cushion most of game. Why 2 lines getting so much ice?

Thought it was nice for Plymouth to play their 96s against our 1st line even with them getting scored on a few times in front of all the scouts yesterday. I think it was a good gesture seeing its their draft year.

Seems like a rather selfish game to me for Saginaw..

But I'm just an outsider looking in.
I agree, it's going to kick the organization in the ass sooner than later. Don't come back with how Lodge & Konto's are producing and getting lots of points, they are getting more opportunities than anyone else, first line and first PP. When they make mistakes they keep on the line, while other get demoted to a lower lines and less ice time. Put you blinders back on.

Old
12-12-2013, 08:16 PM
bcspragu

Quote:
I agree, it's going to kick the organization in the ass sooner than later. Don't come back with how Lodge & Konto's are producing and getting lots of points, they are getting more opportunities than anyone else, first line and first PP. When they make mistakes they keep on the line, while other get demoted to a lower lines and less ice time. Put you blinders back on.
Clearwater,

Who do you want Nick playing with? You seem to hate wherever Gilbert puts him.

I think he is a great player, one of my favorites on the team actually. I loved him playing with Kea last season. Those 2 and Sadoway/Trafford would make an awesome shutdown line against other teams top lines. But it seems like it all comes down to points and scoring. Players can be a lot more valuable than how many points they score.

Old
12-13-2013, 01:09 AM
Sonny Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
You're such a troll.

What's your point? It's been this way the entire time that Saginaw has had a team and nothing has happened to the players. Also why don't you post that article in Plymouth's or Windsor's board since they're so close to Detroit? So again, what is your point other than being a troll?
Kingpin, is that the best you can do, call people names? Troll? When things are not going good we don't hear from you but when you get a win your the biggest cheerleader. The Spirit lost to Kitchner, really? Why don't you comment on what's been said? Grow up and attempt to have an inteligent conversation and point out why you believe what's being said is not happening. Your the self proclaimed GURU here is your time to shine.

Last edited by Sonny Crockett: 12-13-2013 at 01:18 AM.
Old
12-13-2013, 01:40 AM
Sonny Crockett

Quote:
Great observation... give up a goal... get a goal. Looks good at the end of the day in the stats. The Spirit have been playing one line since last year. That first line with Lodge and Kontos are on the ice every other shift regardless of the second or third line. Players are set up to fail playing this type of favoritism and its also a way of controling what the Spirit wants you to see. People who are intelligent and know the game are aware of what's going on. If Lodge plays any other line other than first he starts screaming that he wants a trade and I'm sure the Kontos situation is a favor for the dad since the kid is an OA who has not been drafted.

Old
12-13-2013, 07:03 AM
Overeasy

Quote:
Great observation... give up a goal... get a goal. Looks good at the end of the day in the stats. The Spirit have been playing one line since last year. That first line with Lodge and Kontos are on the ice every other shift regardless of the second or third line. Players are set up to fail playing this type of favoritism and its also a way of controling what the Spirit wants you to see. People who are intelligent and know the game are aware of what's going on. If Lodge plays any other line other than first he starts screaming that he wants a trade and I'm sure the Kontos situation is a favor for the dad since the kid is an OA who has not been drafted.
If the coach and GM are in a position to win at all cost, there are players sitting and watching the two lines play, even though they are up a few goals. Not good for morale and the organization. If your a young player it looks as though you won't be seeing the ice for the rest of the year. What happens when Locke comes back ? I see Sadowy joining the 96s and 97s on the best seat in the house ( bench ).

Old
12-13-2013, 07:22 AM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Kingpin, is that the best you can do, call people names? Troll? When things are not going good we don't hear from you but when you get a win your the biggest cheerleader. The Spirit lost to Kitchner, really? Why don't you comment on what's been said? Grow up and attempt to have an inteligent conversation and point out why you believe what's being said is not happening. Your the self proclaimed GURU here is your time to shine.
It's not name calling, it's an internet term.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Oh and sorry I couldn't post about the Kitchener game, was studying for finals. Priorities man.

Also, never said I was the guru. But I'm not a troll either.

SIDE NOTE: Still waiting for you to post that article in Plymouth's or Windsor's board.

Last edited by Kingpin794: 12-13-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old
12-13-2013, 07:29 AM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
If the coach and GM are in a position to win at all cost, there are players sitting and watching the two lines play, even though they are up a few goals. Not good for morale and the organization. If your a young player it looks as though you won't be seeing the ice for the rest of the year. What happens when Locke comes back ? I see Sadowy joining the 96s and 97s on the best seat in the house ( bench ).
Why would Sadowy sit? He's one of the few players actually showing any effort out there on a nightly basis. If anything, it means that two of the group of Lindberg, Addison, and Bratina will be scratched on a nightly basis.

Old
12-13-2013, 09:53 AM
clearwater

Quote:
Why would Sadowy sit? He's one of the few players actually showing any effort out there on a nightly basis. If anything, it means that two of the group of Lindberg, Addison, and Bratina will be scratched on a nightly basis.
Whatever, wake up and take the blinders off. The only one showing effort?

Old
12-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Hfbid

Quote:
I agree 110% - based on what your seeing iced, for sure 110%.

Old
12-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Whatever, wake up and take the blinders off. The only one showing effort?
I never said only one. I said one of the few on a nightly basis.

Old
12-13-2013, 03:32 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Team has log jam up front as well as on the back end. Had 7 d-men then traded for Graham who plays well over 20 minutes a game. Spirit are better off trading some of these 96's who don't play rather than killing them as HS.

Closed Thread