HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

GAME #38: TORONTO @ NEW JERSEY | NEED A FEW MORE POINTS!! | 7pm | CBC HNIC

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2013, 03:22 PM
  #126
Didact
Nonis lost his mind
 
Didact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man in the Mirror View Post
what happened to clarkson?

10 goals in his first 14

2 goals in his last 23
and some idiots still want to overpay this guy. $5 million is what I heard.

Didact is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:28 PM
  #127
Ramboshaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Meadow Lake, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessley Snipes View Post
Why bother playing Colbourne if we are going to stick him on the fourth line.
Couturier says hi.

Ramboshaw is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:28 PM
  #128
Mikeyg
Smackin' haterz
 
Mikeyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusForever View Post
But he'd still contribute more on the fourth line than one of the goons.
In a 4th line role? no, u want the 2 goons in there


Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
He has been playing well, and getting chances.

Not his fault grabo screws over any winger he plays with this year.
He has been on RC's list for the past week or so now, say what you like, but point producers need to produce more often than every 15 games, playing well is expected of you, and as a coach RC has to do this to spread the message of accountability. I like what Randy has done in calling the players out in interviews, so with the recent frattin call out I hope it elicits a response, he needs to produce

Mikeyg is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:29 PM
  #129
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!
 
BayStBullies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: @BayStBullies
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
chrome for the iphone IMO. but i haven never chcked out puffin
I'll try Chrome; I've been meaning to get it forever; but stumbled upon Puffin after looking for a solution to watching flash videos (TSN videos; mostly).

The trial gives you 2 weeks of flash; but you ultimately need the full version (jailbreak for the win).

BayStBullies is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:29 PM
  #130
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101
 
The Podium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,288
vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
You guys don't have actual computers/laptops? Apple products aren't substitutes quite yet.
For leisure browsing i just use my ipad, quick start up easily mobile, etc. etc. Easier than carrying my mac around the house, waiting for it to turn on, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendinblue View Post
It looks the same on my Android tablet as on my laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianLov3 View Post
Weird..maybe you are using mobile version?. if you select desktop version on this website you should see it., thats what I do and I use galaxy s3 most of the time and can see GDT perfectly.


Great job CanadasTeam!

Pleaseeeee winnnnnnnnnnn !!!!
The pictures are fine, but photoshopped GDTs like this are divided into multiple smaller pictures and then arranged to show the full picture to conform to HF's picture memory max. Problem is on the iPad it doest place the smaller pictures in the correct order for whatever reason so its just a bunch of partial pictures thats hard to follow.

The Podium is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:32 PM
  #131
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!
 
BayStBullies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: @BayStBullies
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessley Snipes View Post
Why bother playing Colbourne if we are going to stick him on the fourth line.
To shelter him. You don't start a player who has to prove himself; on the top line. Line combinations are not static; if he proves he needs more time; he will receive it.

What kind of message does it send to the players on the top lines; when a new guy comes in, who has done nothing at the NHL level; who has been inconsistent his whole career; bumps them down?

BayStBullies is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:34 PM
  #132
LeafsBro
Registered User
 
LeafsBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
The pictures are fine, but photoshopped GDTs like this are divided into multiple smaller pictures and then arranged to show the full picture to conform to HF's picture memory max. Problem is on the iPad it doest place the smaller pictures in the correct order for whatever reason so its just a bunch of partial pictures thats hard to follow.
I've had that issue as well but I find if you log out and view the page again it shows the full image properly.

LeafsBro is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:36 PM
  #133
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
To shelter him. You don't start a player who has to prove himself; on the top line. Line combinations are not static; if he proves he needs more time; he will receive it.

What kind of message does it send to the players on the top lines; when a new guy comes in, who has done nothing at the NHL level; who has been inconsistent his whole career; bumps them down?
Indeed.

He did the same with Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan and so on.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:42 PM
  #134
napoleon in rags
Bernier the boats
 
napoleon in rags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
So in the East you get the Leaf game but in the West u get the Habs game, that's odd
Usually it's the Leafs game that they show (alberta), but tonight they have the habs on. Which I think is unfair since you can always catch the habs on french cbc. I think if they want to show the habs on english cbc, then they should televise the leafs on french cbc... i don't care if i can't understand.

Anyway, the cable package I have gives me cbc out of ottawa, which are scheduled to show the leafs game. So it looks like I can watch as usual (except in standard def, not high def), pvr and skip the commercials and intermissions.

napoleon in rags is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:42 PM
  #135
The Viper
Legolas
 
The Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,609
vCash: 90
3-1 Winnipeg

The Viper is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:42 PM
  #136
Pyrophorus
Registered User
 
Pyrophorus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eastern GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,863
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
Philly is winning
27 Seconds....not any more

Pyrophorus is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:46 PM
  #137
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome
 
LeafsMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,552
vCash: 500
Amazing gdt!

Go leafs go! Lets get em!

LeafsMonster is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 03:50 PM
  #138
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf
 
RealisticLeaf55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa, On.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,873
vCash: 2090
This should be a winnable game. We need to pick up a W here and prepare for the long stretch against the Rangers.

RealisticLeaf55 is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:20 PM
  #139
bshaw
Registered User
 
bshaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by napoleon in rags View Post
Usually it's the Leafs game that they show (alberta), but tonight they have the habs on. Which I think is unfair since you can always catch the habs on french cbc. I think if they want to show the habs on english cbc, then they should televise the leafs on french cbc... i don't care if i can't understand.

Anyway, the cable package I have gives me cbc out of ottawa, which are scheduled to show the leafs game. So it looks like I can watch as usual (except in standard def, not high def), pvr and skip the commercials and intermissions.
The leafs game is Ontario only tonight and habs and bruin is national game. 99% of the time leafs in national game but its the devils in NJ so not a flashy game. Habs bruins is a flashy game per say

bshaw is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:23 PM
  #140
Ash35
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 753
vCash: 500
Gardiner and Colborne are in.

Ash35 is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:26 PM
  #141
BlueMapleDawg
Registered User
 
BlueMapleDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 789
vCash: 500
This game will be won simply by who wants it more.

Two teams similar in skill. One is at high risk of missing the playoffs and the other is far from being a lock.

Two points on the line. Randy better figure things out and Kessel better bury some ******* chances.
I love this team by my ******* they dropped a crucial game against Philly.

BlueMapleDawg is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:29 PM
  #142
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,925
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMapleDawg View Post
This game will be won simply by who wants it more.

Two teams similar in skill. One is at high risk of missing the playoffs and the other is far from being a lock.

Two points on the line. Randy better figure things out and Kessel better bury some ******* chances.
I love this team by my ******* they dropped a crucial game against Philly.
Similar in skill? We blow them out of the water in skill.

The Devils play their system better than we play ours though...because that system has been in place for the last 20 years.

Pi is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:32 PM
  #143
CanadasTeam
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CanadasTeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tarrana
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,369
vCash: 500
Thanks again folks, glad you liked it

As I mentioned earlier the GDT had so much potential (for funnies, that is) but too bad it was a last minute compilation as nobody was able to volunteer for the GDT today. Could've gone from Carlyle avoiding the 'C' word, Jake's txt'ing the tag #FreeJakeGardiner himself, Kadri and Brodeur talking about weight-loss , ROB at a bar with a purse, etc. etc.

Apologies to those who couldn't get the joined-cropped images to show up as whole. I have an iPhone 4, iPad 1, wife has iPad 4 and everything shows up perfectly on every device I tried. The only thing I can think of is being an HF sponsor I don't see any ads/banners or popups. I also have Chrome installed (free) from the apps store.

I made a direct link to the uncropped image here for those who couldn't view it: http://i45.tinypic.com/35b5raw.jpg


GO LEAFS!!!!


__________________
!! GO LEAFS GO !!
CanadasTeam is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:34 PM
  #144
Duffman955
Registered User
 
Duffman955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Similar in skill? We blow them out of the water in skill.

The Devils play their system better than we play ours though...because that system has been in place for the last 20 years.
pretty much.

After kovalchuck, there forwards suck in terms of skill.

Duffman955 is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:37 PM
  #145
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
pretty much.

After kovalchuck, there forwards suck in terms of skill.
And he's not even playing today I think.

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:37 PM
  #146
mirin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
4-1 Jets with 5 mins left

mirin is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:37 PM
  #147
BertCorbeau
Moderator
Yelling at clouds
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,152
vCash: 500
Burn the ****ing boats!!

BertCorbeau is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:38 PM
  #148
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirin View Post
4-1 Jets with 5 mins left
Perfect. I'm not worried about the Jets making the playoffs, the Flyers though can be really good at times

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:40 PM
  #149
Altaris
#FireNonis
 
Altaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,135
vCash: 870
Gardiner and Colborne confirmed to play.

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
MacArthur-Kadri-Kulimen
Colborne-Grabovski-Hamilton
McLaren-Mcclement-Orr

Phaneuf-Gunarsson
Liles-Gardiner
Franson-Fraser

Reimer

I think this is what we should expect for lineup tonight.

Altaris is offline  
Old
04-06-2013, 04:44 PM
  #150
Doshy
Registered User
 
Doshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
Gardiner and Colborne confirmed to play.

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
MacArthur-Kadri-Kulimen
Colborne-Grabovski-Hamilton
McLaren-Mcclement-Orr

Phaneuf-Gunarsson
Liles-Gardiner
Franson-Fraser

Reimer

I think this is what we should expect for lineup tonight.
Nope. I think Hamilton's out for Komarov.

Other than that I hope you're right.

Doshy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.