HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Brendl Question??

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2003, 11:11 AM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
Brendl Question??

Brendl gets sent down to minors. Now my question is wont he have to go through waivers? I think that if Lundmark had to be sent down, hed have to go through waivers as well. Both drafted same year and played same years in Pro. Both 4 years that includes AHL and NHL.

Carolina Hurricanes - Assigned forwards Pavel Brendl, Brad
DeFauw, Jeff Heeremam, Tomas Kurka, Damian Surma and Mike
Zigomanis, defenseman Tomas Malec and goaltender Rob Zepp
to Lowell of the American Hockey League; assigned defenseman
Matej Trojovsky to his junior team.

Old
09-24-2003, 11:21 AM
#37-#93-#27*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaCouture39
Brendl gets sent down to minors. Now my question is wont he have to go through waivers? I think that if Lundmark had to be sent down, hed have to go through waivers as well. Both drafted same year and played same years in Pro. Both 4 years that includes AHL and NHL.

it's Age-Games played that determines that

Old
09-24-2003, 11:21 AM
E-Train

Quote:

I don't Lundmark has to clear waivers to be sent down. In 04-05 both Brendl & Lundmark would have to clear waivers

Old
09-24-2003, 11:23 AM
Ranger Wolf

I believe that waiver rules are exempt until the waiver draft takes place. After that it is in place until the next season.

Old
09-24-2003, 06:52 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
You're confusing two rules. A player (skater in this case) who signs at 18 has 5 years of waiver exemptions, unless he plays in more than than 160 games, in which case he becomes waiver draft eligible. Brendl and Lundmark signed in 1999 when they were 18 so they still have 1 year of waiver exemptions left. Incidently, both of them have only played professionally for 2 years now.

The only way a player who signs at 18 or 19 (ie when they still have Junior eligiblity left) becomes eligible for the waiver draft before 5 years or 160 games is if they play 11 or more NHL games--every year they do that, they lose 1 year--Malhotra signed at 18, played as both an 18 and 19 year old so he only had 3 years of exemptions instead of five. A goalie like Blackburn--who signed at 18 and played more than 11 games as both a 18 and 19 year old--has his exemption reduced from 6 years (goaltenders get an extra year) to 4 years. And he will lose his exemption entirely once he plays in more than 80 NHL games--so if he plays in more than 17 this year, he becomes waiver wire eligible once the season starts next year.

the link below is for last year, but the rules are the same.

http://www.sj-sharks.com/sharks/news...1033509560.htm

Closed Thread